ABD (Adventures by Disney) photo CD

rav4lcrv

Mouseketeer
My understanding is that with the ABD package, you also get a photo CD, how do they keep track of the pictures? Do they hand out cards like they do in the parks?

My understanding is that with the ABD package, you also get a photo CD, how do they keep track of the pictures? Do they hand out cards like they do in the parks?

There is no photo pass card. The guides take the photos and they must be involved in organizing them as well, since they know who goes with which family. It's not always handled the same though because on our first trip our photo CD was almost exclusively photos of my family or group pictures, but the CD from our second trip had lots of photos of all the families. I like having he photos of the other families to remember them by, so I wouldn't mind if they didn't go to all the trouble to separate them, but that's just me. In previous years you had to buy the photo CD just like for a WDW trip, but it's been posted on the board that it's included with the trip this year.

On both of my trips, I received all group pictures, pictures of my family and some of the others within my group. The second group, same, but I had my own room, and my friends shared a room. They split up our disks by room. We had wished that our "group" (myself/friends) would have been on one disk. So, it looks like maybe by room?

The April Backstage Magic group seemed to receive their disk due to someone in the group purchasing for all? Will be interesting to see if other groups will receive cd without paying individually?

I'll let you know when mine arrives, but with the DCL/ABD Med, they have told us ALL Guide photos. Guess I'll find out what "all" means when it arrives. It would certainly be less work for the Guides if they just gave us everything rather than all the time they have to spend separating by family...

Sayhello

I'll let you know when mine arrives, but with the DCL/ABD Med, they have told us ALL Guide photos. Guess I'll find out what "all" means when it arrives. It would certainly be less work for the Guides if they just gave us everything rather than all the time they have to spend separating by family...

Sayhello

I agree! I would love to have ALL the pictures. Being a scrapbooker, we love pictures! The group becomes a family, and it would be great to have everything.

We also received ALL the photos in the past. Not sure if only your family/group would be enough pictures to make it worth the trouble of sorting and copying them....

My pictures are in the area somewhere. UPS told me to pick them up at their location, but when I went there, they said they delivered them. Not sure where they delivered them too though. I'm hoping to have them on Monday so I'll let you know then.

When I went on my ABD trip, we never received our photo CD, which made me very sad!
Anyone have an idea as to why this was? I don't want it to happen again :)

When I went on my ABD trip, we never received our photo CD, which made me very sad!
When was your trip? If it was prior to 2010, they didn't give out photo CD's, just CD's with the slideshow presentation. You had to order the CD from Photopass. If it was 2010, then you should receive the CD a few weeks after your ABD. I'm not sure exactly how long, as I haven't received mine yet (it's been 2 weeks for me).

Sayhello

In previous years the photopass id was included in letter tucked into the case with the slideshow CD case. I know some of the folks we traveled with last year didn't read the letter and missed out on the CD. But now that it's included, that shouldn't happen anymore.

Ooo! Speak of the devil! I just got my photo CD today! It's got both the slideshow and "Photo Archive" on one DVD.

It's got 1,057 pictures on it. It really does appear to be "all" of the pictures; there are family shots of everyone on it. So it took just a hair over 2 weeks. Not bad at all!

*runs off to view 1,057 pics*
Sayhello

My pictures are in the area somewhere. UPS told me to pick them up at their location, but when I went there, they said they delivered them. Not sure where they delivered them too though. I'm hoping to have them on Monday so I'll let you know then.

Did you ever get it??

We finally laid hands on our today, but it might be a bit before I can view them all! Hoping you got yours, too!

I have to say, while I *ADORE* the Adventure Guide's CD of photos, I'm pretty disappointed in the CD of pictures from DCL. They're in this unreadable, proprietary format, and you HAVE to download the software from the CD in order to be able to view or do anything with the pictures. I'm at work, and was just going to browse through them on a coffee break. I can't go installing random software on my work PC, especially when it says that it contacts the internet automatically!!
I think when I get home, I may try playing around with them, see if I can copy & rename the photos to something Windows will recognize. I'm not happy. Not at all. I didn't see anything that said "Get a CD of your photos that can only be viewed with our software!" :mad:

Sayhello

I have to say, while I *ADORE* the Adventure Guide's CD of photos, I'm pretty disappointed in the CD of pictures from DCL. They're in this unreadable, proprietary format, and you HAVE to download the software from the CD in order to be able to view or do anything with the pictures. I'm at work, and was just going to browse through them on a coffee break. I can't go installing random software on my work PC, especially when it says that it contacts the internet automatically!!
I think when I get home, I may try playing around with them, see if I can copy & rename the photos to something Windows will recognize. I'm not happy. Not at all. I didn't see anything that said "Get a CD of your photos that can only be viewed with our software!" :mad:

Sayhello

Try right clicking "start" and then go to "Explore". From there, you should see all your drives. Chose the one your cd is in. And then, find the folder all the pictures are in within that cd. That is usually what I do when I want to copy them to my computer.

Try right clicking "start" and then go to "Explore". From there, you should see all your drives. Chose the one your cd is in. And then, find the folder all the pictures are in within that cd. That is usually what I do when I want to copy them to my computer.
Oh, I have no problem finding the pictures. But the file type/extension on the pictures is ".ENC" which is not a file type any program I have can view. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Sayhello

ETA:I *was* able to export the pictures to a folder as .jpg files. I still resent that I had to install their stupid software to be able to do it.

Oh, I have no problem finding the pictures. But the file type/extension on the pictures is ".ENC" which is not a file type any program I have can view. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Sayhello

Oh wow!!! That is not good. Is this Disney's Photopass, or something different thru DCL? So frustrating! I see you have a link to your trip, I will have to check it out! :)

Oh wow!!! That is not good. Is this Disney's Photopass, or something different thru DCL? So frustrating! I see you have a link to your trip, I will have to check it out! :)
It's the DCL photos from 'Shutters', the photo shop/gallery onboard the Magic. It includes all the "official" DCL photographers' photos. The CD was included in the ABD package.

I added an ETA to my previous post that I *was* able to export the pictures to a folder as .jpg files. But I had to install and use their software to do it.

Yes, I've posted the first of many installments of my Trip Report! I hope you enjoy it.

Sayhello

Did you ever get it??

We finally laid hands on our today, but it might be a bit before I can view them all! Hoping you got yours, too!

We did get them and thought that we would be able to view everything on our TV, but you can only view the slideshow that we've already seen (although it was wonderful seeing it again). I haven't tried to view the pictures yet on my laptop as I've been busy creating my own slideshow in imovie and keeping up with yard work at home. I'm almost done with my slideshow, I just have to go through and fine tune everything. My goal is to have it complete by the time we come up and visit you guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter