ABD 2010: Disers Go West - Let the Fun Begin

We made it to LA but there is nobody here to pick us up. :( We waited over an hour for a call back and finally got it. They suggested we take a cab and they would reimburse us later in the week. Here's hoping this was an anomoly and things go smoother the rest of the week.

- Bill

We made it to LA but there is nobody here to pick us up. :( We waited over an hour for a call back and finally got it. They suggested we take a cab and they would reimburse us later in the week. Here's hoping this was an anomoly and things go smoother the rest of the week.

- Bill

Somewhere, the other Bill Taylor is is being driven around LA in style.

Sorry things started out bumpy for you. They will get better!

Wow you can feel everyones excitement just be reading this thread :goodvibes

Im sure you'll all have an amazing time - I cant wait til it starts to read all about it!!

smooth travels to LA via ORD. @ the Farmers
Mkt now going to find some lunch.

Nancy if you're around & still have room give me a ring. Thinking of heading to Griffith Park after this (=

Taylors - Who did you call when you didn't have an ABD ride (just in case it happens to us tomorrow)?

I agree - I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else and I'm sure sorry it happened to you. Sounds like Kathy's driver showed up.

I am getting in Tuesday morning and would love to have the number. My ABD docs have mysteriously walked away << eyeing a teenager suspiciously...>>

Thanks so much!

Thanks. That's the # I gave to family in case of an emergency, but I wouldn't have thought of calling it if *we* had a problem. Duh. I've written it down and stuck it in my wallet.

Hi Guys.

Finally made it to my room.

My driver was waiting for me in baggage claims with and ABD logo sign. TOok about a half hour to get to the hotel. I'm unpacking and heading out for a walk. I need to keep moving. I've been up since 4AM EST. If I take a nap now, I'll never get use to the time change.

Weather here is overcast and cool. Everyone is assuring me it will be in the 80s later in the week. We'll see!

I can see the Hollywood sign and the Capitol Records building from my room. Pictures later.

Um. Yuck. (accuweather.com)...

Soaking rain, burying mountain snow, hail and strong winds are accompanying a storm sweeping through California into Monday.

Rain moved onto the northern California coast earlier today, and will continue to spread over the rest of northern and central California through this afternoon. The rain will push southward to Los Angeles and San Diego tonight into Monday morning.

The rain will pour down heavily at times, leading to slow travel for motorists and possible flight delays.

Widespread flash flooding is not expected. Localized problems and mudslides could occur, especially in the burn areas of Southern California.

Following the band of steady rain, showers will keep California damp into Monday. Thunderstorms will also rumble over northern and central areas.

Some of the thunderstorms will drop small hail. A few funnel clouds could even be sighted. Be sure to seek shelter if you hear thunder, since you are then close enough to get struck by potentially deadly lightning.

Have I mentioned that I'm not a good flyer? The prospect of landing at LAX in the middle of THIS at 8:30 Pacific time tomorrow morning does not sound fun.

Stay safe and dry those of you who are already there!

All of these restaurants sound so wonderful. I gotta figure out a way to see some of them in August. Take loads of pics, all!

I can see the Hollywood sign and the Capitol Records building from my room. Pictures later.

I love that view! I'm starting to re-live my ABD experience! Did you have fun going through all the free swag on the desk in your hotel room?

Hi folks...

I have just checked the boards and found Bill and Jennifer's transporation didnt show up.

I have called ABD and they tell me that this is their mistake. Their account was noted that they needed transportation and the time.

I have sent everyone traveling my cell phone number. If there are any issues with transportation or checking in....please give me a call. I'm here in LA and will be happy to handle this for you.

I apologize for their mistake and I am told that the Taylor's will be reimbursed for their out of pocket expenses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter