ABD 2010: Disers Go West - Let the Fun Begin

Just checked on the airlines website and the carry-on restrictions for Canadian travellers has been lifted as of April 8th!!!!

Just in time!!

More room to pack stuff.

OK, OK.....more room to bring stuff back!!

Glad to see others have landed safely and are beginning their adventure.

28 hours from now we will be standing in LAX waiting for our bags. :yay:

Love to hear how everyone is heading to Cali!

I am interested in the weather too - would like to pack for the right "season". I am finishing cleaning the house and making a couple of freezer dishes for next week, so the young'un won't starve. Who am I kidding - she will likely eat out all week!

Fellow travelers, if you find yourself missing something essential, feel free to pm me and I can try and pick it us (missing chargers, batteries, whatever).

Won't be long now!:banana::cool1::banana:

We are back in the room exhausted!! We did everything we wanted except the hot dog at Pinks...the line was massive, we were still full from lunch and too tired to bother!!

Weather ended up being great...didn't see any celebs at the Grove!

Tomorrow we head to the Renaissance and some Hollywood sight seeing.

The temperature is currently 62 degrees and mostly sunny.

The rediction for the rest of the week is (Day / Hi /Lo)

Sunday 64 50
Monday 61 49 possible rain
Tuesday 65 50
Wednesday 65 51
Thursday 65 51

The HRR is very nice. We can see the HOLLYWOOD sign and the Capital Records building from our window.

While the clock says 6:15 pm....our bodies say 9:15pm.

We are beat and will probaby order room service.

See y'all real soon!

I'm glad you guys are all in okay. Just let me know if you need anything. I may be by to see Kathy when she gets in tomorrow.

Kevin - the Shabu shabu place upstairs in the Hollywood and Highland complex is very tasty. But I have heard fabulous things about the Renn's room service!

Huntington Beach is awesome

After a one hour delay in NY-JFK our wonderful pilot got us to Long Beach only 25 minutes late.
On our flight was one of the executives from JetBlue - he provided us with a mid flight contest for 2 round trip tickets anywhere they fly... I just missed out on winning - so so close

The Hyatt here is beautiful. We have a room overlooking the beach and the Pacific Coast Highway

After getting checked in we strolled along the boardwalk to the pier and up and down Main St.
We had dinner at the pier at "Duke's - the restaurant pays homage to the world of surfing. HUntington Beach's nickname is "Surf City USA" -
Ah the memories-The Beach Boys and Woody wagons :goodvibes
At sunset the beach lights up from bonfires - there are 250 fire pits on the beach - you just stake one out, buy some wood and away you go. S'more kits are sold at all the beach stores.

Right now it's only 8pm here but my mind and Body feel the EST time of 11pm

Time to hit the hay - we have an early start tomorrow - we're going to the San Diego Zoo

Have G.P.S. will travel ;)

See you all soon - happy & safe traveling to all

The temperature is currently 62 degrees and mostly sunny.

The rediction for the rest of the week is (Day / Hi /Lo)

Sunday 64 50
Monday 61 49 possible rain
Tuesday 65 50
Wednesday 65 51
Thursday 65 51

The HRR is very nice. We can see the HOLLYWOOD sign and the Capital Records building from our window.

While the clock says 6:15 pm....our bodies say 9:15pm.

We are beat and will probaby order room service.

See y'all real soon!

Is that your new tag line? sounds familiar :)

i wonder if your family will wash any of the dishes while you're away...
they might, but i bet they don't wipe down the countertop...
that seems to be an alien idea to non-moms....or perhaps i generalize :rolleyes1:

Actually, I don't do dishes. My DH does them! :thumbsup2

The counter tops (and dinner table), well, that is another story...

Just landed in Tokyo after a horribly bumpy flight from Singapore. I know people have mentioned the jet lag factor, but get this: It's 3:30pm Sunday here. When I land in Los Angeles, it will be 9am Sunday. So, I'm actually going to be travelling backwards in time on this next flight! How's that for messing with your internal clock! :) See you all soon.

-- Chris

Cathy and I had a great day in Napa, limo wine tour to vineyards in both Napa and Sonoma Valley. Our driver was Guy Fieri's manager in one of Guy's restaurants and he did a great job of running us to the various tasting and told us some great stories about the area.

Dinner at a fantastic restaurant - Bistro Don Giovanni, just north of Napa.

Tomorrow is San Francisco, Monday is the Disney Family Museum.

Cannot believe this is all just a preamble to the "big event" which starts Tuesday!

Life is good!

Just landed in Tokyo after a horribly bumpy flight from Singapore. I know people have mentioned the jet lag factor, but get this: It's 3:30pm Sunday here. When I land in Los Angeles, it will be 9am Sunday. So, I'm actually going to be travelling backwards in time on this next flight! How's that for messing with your internal clock! :) See you all soon.

-- Chris

Yes I have to say that ould mess up my internal clock completely! :lmao::)

6:04AM Newark Liberty Intl Airport

I need coffee.

I can't complain after reading what Chris is facing!

See you in LA!

Actually, I don't do dishes. My DH does them! :thumbsup2

The counter tops (and dinner table), well, that is another story...

my DH is also the official dish washer in the house....and the bathrooms and floors too.....which is why the counter top thing is so curious....
anyway...have a GREAT GREAT GREAT time!!! :)

-- Chris

last time i did that, i left Tokyo in the evening and arrived in Honolulu the morning of the same day (just after crossing the international dateline).....
once we got to our hotel, my sister and i fell asleep on the beach and woke up at night, not knowing what time, day, year, planet we were on...
hopefully, your internal clock will be back to normal for all the fun you all are certainly going to have..

i am soooooooooooooooo jealous!!!!!!

It's 4:30amPST and I am awake again!! East coast to west coast messes me up, I couldn't imagine coming from Tokyo!

Safe travels to everyone arriving today...I still can't believe we are finally here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter