ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Okay I've finally caught up with the TR.

I wanted to make a few comments about random aspects.

First, the little girl you met on your way to V&A was adorable and your interaction was so cute! You both looked so cute in your picture together.

Secondly, I loved your graduation hat but it's a bummer you didn't get to wear it to graduation. At least you had a chance to use it.

Your project with the photos sounds intense but great. I can understand why it would take so much time.

At the top of my have not tried but want to list is actually Olivia's Cafe, which we've got a reservation for this coming trip. So, there's that. I've just wanted to try it for a while now and I'm not sure what the exact reason is but I'm really excited to give it a go.

Your observations of AoA match my own. We just did our quick weekend in the Little Mermaid rooms and it is so far away. Cutting through the parking lot helped and we'd requested close to transportation, so we probably had it the best you could get there. But that walk at the end of the night? Yikes. I'm not going to do it again. I would, however, 100% stay in the Cars section as it is for sure the best.

Sucks about the laptop.
Sorry to hear that Liesa.
Hopefully, when you do get it back, it'll be better than ever.

Worse, even if I had, the DIS has been utterly USELESS on my phone. Literally every 3 posts or 3 minutes it crashes. It literally takes minutes to post a one sentence comment.
I had that this weekend too... kind of. Someone sent me a PM. I replied. It kept freezing in the text box. Took forever to write a reply. My reply was replied to again... I waited until I got to work on my computer this morning to even attempt to respond.

Because Best Buy can kiss my behind.
:badpc: Best Buy? That was your first mistake... :rolleyes1

Meanwhile, ask me how my trip to the ED was. Go ahead. Ask me. I might be able to tell that story on ohhhh, a week or 2.
Ok, I'll bite. How was it? :duck:

Sorry about your laptop, I hope they fix it soon.

I enjoyed your little trip around AoA. Someday, I will have to make it over there. I hear great things about the food court and I'd like to check it out for myself sometime.

Tuesday was Dole Plantation, North Shore to schedule surf lessons and snorkeling at Shark Cove, followed by dinner at Monkey Pod

We started the day with Koa Pancake House The locals will tell you this is the best breakfast. Jim will tell you the Moco Loco is the best breakfast
upload_2017-4-11_22-56-27.pnghttp://www.koapancakehouse.com/menu/
17523518_10212400917726131_1993779320752612866_n.jpg

Pineapple maze clues!
upload_2017-4-11_22-51-42.png

Last edited:
“Welcome Home!”

Can anyone think of any better or more comforting words than those?

Yes. "Please, take these bags of $1,000 bills. They're yours to keep."

I skipped the LSD for the day as well.

Just for that day, or did you hold out all week?

Generally speaking, I really enjoyed this resort. Given the choice, I’d stay at a moderate (or deluxe when feeling particularly rich) but while I may be a Queen, my bank account reflects another reality. I’m incensed every other Friday. So, I’m stuck with the rest of common humanity and am quite content I need a value where we dwell and lay our heads. I mean, it’s a bed, some pillows, Mickey shampoo and unlimited hot water.

I think I'd be perfectly content in a value resort. Like you said, all you need are a clean bed and bathroom. My issue has always been with labeling AoA a "value". I don't think >$300/night for my large family represents a "value".

Imagine that. But your feet are on fire and your calves are cramped up as hard as last year’s fruit cake. Multiply it by 100 and you have the walk from Animation Hall to Building 7. In about 4 months, you’ll be "welcomed home".

Well, that just sounds horrible.

General impressions of the resort? The Food Court ROCKED! The variety was astounding if that’s where you wanted or needed to eat, and the gift shop wasn’t half bad.

Cool. Hard to find resort-specific stuff anymore.

Let’s take a cruise through the lobby, shall we? Maybe I err too far on the far side of “Goober”, but I spent a fair bit of time in there. I had read about a little hidden gem in the form of signed original cels by some of the animators/voices/etc… and wanted to find all 4.

Neat! I would have wanted to hunt them down as well.

But besides the cool chandelier of sketches, there is the fabulous mural that is cleverly arranged to go from pencil to color with detail as you move from left to right, depicting the animation process an animation team goes through to get a finished product.

Love the colors. It makes for a stunning display.

I think hands down, my favorite area of this resort was the Cars area. WOW! The detail was stunning and just perfectly executed. I’m REALLY happy that it worked out that I explored this section by night as the lighting added a ton of nice effect. Enjoy the bunch I took here.

That looks very similar to Radiator Springs in DL, which is also amazing!

I never got the deal with twice baked potatoes.. What's that about.

It's like deconstructed dishes. Why! Give me my souffle don't splatter it's ingrediants around my plate lol.. Some genius came up with that receipe years ago.. Leave it be.

I never got the deal with twice baked potatoes.. What's that about.

Since Liesa's computer is on the fritz, I'll try to explain it, probably another thing that doesn't translate to British food tastes. You folks like to eat potatoes in their jackets. It's a variation on that. Do you put butter, sour cream, bacon bits, chives, and cheddar cheese on top of the potatoes when you eat them? That's traditional American twice baked potatoes, but you take out all of the "meat" of the potato, put it in a bowl and mix all the above mentioned toppings in the bowl. It's sort of like loaded mashed potatoes at that point, but then you put it back into the potato skin, top it with a little cheese and more chives (or green onions) and it's fancy loaded mashed potatoes, served in their jacket! Just bake them a second time, and voila!

Since Liesa's computer is on the fritz, I'll try to explain it, probably another thing that doesn't translate to British food tastes. You folks like to eat potatoes in their jackets. It's a variation on that. Do you put butter, sour cream, bacon bits, chives, and cheddar cheese on top of the potatoes when you eat them? That's traditional American twice baked potatoes, but you take out all of the "meat" of the potato, put it in a bowl and mix all the above mentioned toppings in the bowl. It's sort of like loaded mashed potatoes at that point, but then you put it back into the potato skin, top it with a little cheese and more chives (or green onions) and it's fancy loaded mashed potatoes, served in their jacket! Just bake them a second time, and voila!

I'm drooling now. :P

I see thank you for the explaination! We tend to cook them in their jackets and add butter. Sometimes restaurants do offer loaded options but it's not a big thing. You tend to add your own.

Shall We Dance? A Real Life Little Update

Sheesh... I'm a tad behind....

You know what made this one special? That’s right, it was eaten in the company of my 3 lovely daughters during our Annual Girls’ Day out.

This sounds like a really wonderful tradition.

Every year for the last 7, since coming “home” from Crapistan in 2010 (see I can do basic math)

Sure. You're all set as long as you don't have to go beyond the number of fingers you have.

No, wait.... you can take off your shoes.

but we have the option of spending the night in Olympia if need be. Except this year. But that’s getting ahead of myself.

That's okay. I'm so far behind, it doesn't matter how far ahead you get now.

We left our house for the 4 hour trek up to downtown Seattle at 10:00.

Better than a three hour tour.

We’d gotten ½ mile when I’d realized I’d forgotten the tickets. Yay. The good news is that I remembered before we were in Portland; the bad news is that had the tickets been in my purse, I wouldn’t have forgotten that too.

Or... maybe not better than a three hour tour.

About 10 years ago, servers stopped carding me.

10.... years... ago....

Some of these rotten kids want to know if I'm a senior.

So, the worst part of forgetting my purse was that my favorite lipstick was in there. Good thing I keep a backup in the car.

"Keeps a backup lipstick in car."

I would chuckle, but..... considering your track record for misplacing things...

About an hour up the road, the hangries struck and we ended up at McDonalds.

Good Lord! How hungry do you have to be to do that?!?!?

No worries, I’d rather be the one driving home at 2:00AM in the rain.

Yeah. Me too. Totally get that.

Parking costs just shy of a 3 day stay in a hospital in downtown Seattle

So, free! Nice!

Hiking around the city in stilettos sucks.

You wore stilettos?!?!?

While I was busy taking photos, Anara was busy gagging herself along; she and fish do not get along.

So... not a fan of schools, huh?

the Chihuly Glass Museum (HIGHLY recommend this!).

Very high on my bucket list.

We just had failed to turn the right way to see the main part of Pike’s.

There's a wrong way to turn into it?

Such a cute pic.
Love how their walking arm in arm.

And another nice shot of them all together.

Last stop... potty break. I will not interject my own opinion here into the Great Bathroom Debate, but this was highly amusing... and to think... in Seattle:

What happens if you don't know your chromosomes?
Just guess?
Or were there more traditional signs on the doors?

We browsed and Mikki ummm…. Got hit on. Anara came over to me where I was hitting up the cookbook section and breathlessly tells me “some guy is talking to Mikki! And, MOM!, they have their phones out!” Sure enough a pretty cute guy was chatting her up in the Christian devotional section and they are smiling and talking.

And? Anything come of that?

That, and who doesn’t love pasta?

Is that even possible????

Nice shot of all of you!

since Mikki is my only real foodie, she did. And, of course, she picked the one appie that only she and I would come close to eating. I had to wonder how deliberately that was done.

So... a foodie... and devious.

Let me just say that Rebekah took full advantage of the arrival by noting that the calamari rings looked like “sphincters”.

:laughing:
Well.... they do!

I’m sure we were referred to as “the inappropriate table" from that point forward.

This is another reoccurring phenomenon, right?

The only disappointing part of it was that there was only 1 scallop. My favorite part of what was on the dish… and only one. There were 2 shrimp, but that was decimated before I took the photo.

Only one scallop?
I would've asked for more. Ya got ripped off.

Even had time to pee, where I promptly forgot the tickets on the TP holder.

:sad2: Who does that???

“Let me get you a cushion.” “Oh sure, thanks!” <wonders where these have been all my life> <proceeds to sit up 6 more inches with no obstructed view on a soft pillow for entire show>

Very nice little perk.

The drive home was fairly uneventful, except that driving on I-5 at 2:OO AM is dull.

Better dull than too exciting.

Yeah, yeah... I know. Still miles behind... but catching up!

I is for: I Came; I Shopped- Pt. 2

Continuing around Clockwise, because that’s how it’s done

Why? I always (well... usually... well.... I've only been a few times, so.... around 66% of the time) go counter clockwise.

Sometimes.

we next WANDR’ed into Morocco

Yes, I see what you did there. ;)

If you were wondering, yes, this is my favorite Pavilion.

And up until recently... my least favourite.
Not really sure why.

But on my last solo trip, I spent a bit more time there.
It grew on me. I'd like to spend more time there.

Heck... I'd like to spend more time at all of them.

I adore how it so closely resembles the real Marrakesh, with the hidden back alleys and narrow paths winding this way and that. It’s easy to get “lost” with new tucked-away treasures around every corner.

Interesting. Well, I guess you would know.

I ended up spending, as is fitting, more time in this area than in any of the others

I do that... in Japan.

The dawdling to find fun and unique photos hogged up a lot of time too.

I do that in Japan, too.

And just being a dork.

:sad2:
No wonder your kids fled in terror.

(jk. You look like you're having a blast. And that's awesome.)

In the end, I chose this little goody for $6.95. Works pretty well as a bar accessory.

Is that what it's supposed to be?
My first thought was an egg holder.

Cyprus Sun - Frozen; almond liqueur, cream de coco, orange juice and coconut milk $11.99

Yuck.

Sadly, this one was disappointing

Of course. coconut.

A, B, C, D, E, K, L, M and Z taken care of. 9 down, and, <uses fingers to do math>…. 17 to go.

Took off your shoes, huh?

Japan is nice

::yes::

and frankly my Asian cooking is just better.

Need to come over for dinner some time.
Yup.

But the landscaping and shops are tranquil and fun respectively

::yes:: Love that place. Could stay there for hours.

remember that photo of me in the fez? Yeah, the guy behind me found it way more amusing than my kids did.)

Toldja.

Did you stop to listen to the taiko drums?

Nice! Got all three lanterns in there.

I got my favorite souvenir, my most useful, and the prettiest. Whatcha think?

Two thumbs up.

we hightailed it to our last stop for the day- ‘Murica. I don’t go there without seeing VOL, so we did. My kids were appropriately blown away, because A) Period costuming B) How can a human voice go that high?! And C) Acoustics. Pro tip: Sit on the floor under the dome. You won’t be sorry!

Never have heard them. Some day.

I bought the same $21 overpriced CD in 2010, and…. lost it.

Left it on the TP holder?

Sadly, my CD and my pink Crocs were lost in that move.

So... kind of a good news, bad news story, huh?

Love those shots.

Slowly, but surely....
Shop-Around-the-World; Pt. 3

It’s a brand new day! Can you feel the winds of change?

I did! They were up to 30 knots.

Oh, wait. That was just regular ol' wind.

A change in plans that is. And that’s what’s so great about a long, 10 day trip. Loads of room to change plans and still feel like you’re not going to miss out on something really great, or one of your must-dos.

I wouldn't know.
Doubt I ever will.

“Solution” is my middle name.

I could've sworn it'd be something else. A few come to mind... :rolleyes:

all of you go to the Skipper’s Canteen for lunch (but don’t spend too much money) and we’ll meet back at EPCOT later on.”

Probably a good thing you included the "don't spend too much" caveat.

All by my little ol’ lonesome (which is actually pretty great! If you haven’t done a solo trip, you really ought to try it.)

I dunno. Sounds weird.

I also took the time to browse in here a bit. I had never seen this shop before so thought I’d take a peek. Love the original and repro prints and art in here!

What shop is that?

Hadn’t really spend much time over at The Living Seas, so spend a bit of time taking in the tanks.

Better to spend it in the tank... but that's just me.
I would love to do it again.
And again.

And again....

One of the things I like most about this area is the background music. I listen to it quite often online in fact.

Huh! And I never even notice it.
I need to slow down and listen to the roses a bit more.

I actually found a quiet place kinda near the back, sat down, sipped on my coffee, closed my eyes and just sat. And listened. It was nice. No responsibilities, no exams to study for, nobody to keep track of, and someone else was going to do my dishes all day long.

Very nice, Liesa.

Gotta beat the crowds to get people-free photos!

Got myself to the Gateway and had to make an executive, counter-intuitive decision. And it wasn’t counterclockwise… the better of the 2 directions.

Wait.... just last update you said clockwise was the way to do it.

Why not put some table and chairs in there for folks to take the noshables to?

Because that would make too much sense.

I typically don’t spend a lot of time in this pavilion

Nor I.
(as opposed to Norway... which I don't spend much time in either.)

Speaking of ships… is anyone else out there extremely sad that they took out the Viking ship play structure?

Nope. Then again... I never knew it was there in the first place.

(I will refrain from my Maelstrom rant in order to spare you of more whining)

Meh. Could care less that Maelstrom's gone. Wasn't a fan.
I prefer the Frozen ride.

above all else there, it is home of the RICE CREAM. I’d dredge up my Ode to Rice Cream, but this post isn’t about the deliciousness of the most heavenly food on earth.

:sad2: I need to retry this.... and eat it correctly.

Nice! I don't even remember seeing this.

Are you even kidding me? What a bunch of C.R.A.P. 600 or so square feet of Frozen stuff.

Ugh. Pass.
The best part of the Epcot shops is their unique merchandise that's country specific.

This.... bites.

Here are more pictures of China that you’ve seen a million times before:

Well, actually...

... hadn't seen that one before.

So those are ok and all, but you’re probably asking yourself, yeah, big deal! What’d she buy for her souvenir?

Good choice!
I should do the same next time I'm there.
Can never have enough chopsticks.

And this will conclude your ode to shopping.
I may be rather please that I made it this far.

I is for: I Came; I Shopped- Pt. 4

my little Nurembergesque village!

::yes:: Although I've always thought of it as more of an old Frankfurt feel to it.

I think I like the German Pavilion because I’ve done some exploring of Germany and it does bring back some very fond memories

Ditto. Many, many memories.

What a delightful trip to Nuremberg they helped us have, despite having tragically sick family during our stay.

Well, that last part sucks, but... yes.

I ducked in and out of the several shops in between photos in my quest for that perfect little something to take home and enjoy

This would've been a lot faster if you'd just gone to Karamel Kuche.
(and if that's not spelled right.... it's getting close to 3am and my level of caring has gone down significantly.)

I even found a pretty elusive Hidden Mickey:

Did you know about that one ahead of time?
If you did... not bad finding it. If you didn't.... how the heck did you even see that?!?!?

In the end, I chose this to take home:

Not an egg holder.

The one I chose represents Bavaria in some way, and perhaps Magdalene can further shed some light on the design and name.

Since it's already been covered, I'll not weigh in.
But as soon as I saw it, I immediately thought "Bayern".

Perhaps it is just me, but the teensy tiny train is pretty hard to pass up.

It's not just you.

spent probably a good 20 minutes just watching the thing go around and around and around. Mesmerizing.

May I admire your concrete made to look like marble?

:laughing: Oh, sure. Spoil the dream!

Sell me your wares, you romantic pavilion, you.

Family board, Liesa. Reign it in there, lady.

Instead, I spent a crapton of time in here:

So reminds me of Venice.
Good and bad memories there.

Actually by day's end, I'll have gone around almost twice!

That's a whooooole lot of walkin'!

More specifically, it was time for a little day drinking IN America. (And Japan, and Morocco, and well, heck why not a little in Italy too?

Did I say walking? I meant stumbling.

They filled it full, so naturally the top half inch decorated my shirt.

Of course.
You couldn't lose it that easily so you had to do something else.

I stashed it neatly behind the trashcan between the entrance to the Chase Lounge and the front doors of the Hall,

You didn't...

Back out to reclaim my cup of deliciousness and to keep a’movin.

You didn't notice that a bird had crapped in it?
Huh.

No. Not IN the pond, but nearby. Sheesh. I wasn't that stinky.

What about on your second circuit?

I sat for a good 15 minutes just nursing my Disney dreaming reverie and taking in the peaceful, very tranquil Japanese surroundings. Ahhh….. THIS is how solo time is spent.

Niiiice. I wouldn't mind doing that.
I did slow down just a little there, though.

Now, my guy readers... I did not forget you. I aim to please and I don't think I've failed you.... Here ya go:

Woot! A reason to read about shopping!

With a Frozen Orange Spiked Tea with Orlando Orange Vodka.

Lotta "O's" there.

Only 1. $9.50 only partially down the crapper, but at least none on her shirt.

Your hand gets steadier the more you drink?

Huh!

Pat flashed her card faster than Janet Jackson flashes a Super Bowl crowd

:laughing:
She's never gonna live that one down.

Well, I was hoping to get a bit farther, but....
Frankly, my back is screaming at me to not sit anymore and my eyes are burning like hot coals...

I think I'm gonna take that subtle hint and call it a night.

More soon, slave-driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter