Aaa ?

Love AAA! I got it when my son went away to school with his car. He had flats on the interstate a couple of times, 7 hours away from home.... What a relief for me that I had bought the triple A.I also have the middle level. I mostly use it for flats/locking keys in car, but knowing I can be towed more than just a few miles is reassuring.

The higher premium for the further tow is worth it to be able to have your car towed to your mechanic versus whatever is closest to where the car breaks down.

I drive a lot with my job and I have had to use it for flat tires and the peace of mind. I have the basic level which in my area is $47. The real discount I use is at UPS stores. You get a % off shipping. I do a lot of UPS shipping with work so it adds up!

We have the premium plan for 4 of us. Although all of us drive, ds doesn't drive very far so if he needed something, dh or me would be able to get to him. Both of my dds drive all over the place :drive:, so it's peace of mind for us. And I have it because if we ever go on a long roadtrip, we take my vehicle. Maybe we need to downgrade dh who only drives go work, so we can add ds without breaking the bank! DMom has it as well...she's 83 and that makes me feel a little better. She also gets her Trip-Tik when we drive to/from Florida. We have used AAA while on the road for them to book our hotel. So easy!

We only have the basic plan and had to be towed while traveling home from Florida this year. They brought us to the nearest AAA repair service where we saved 10% on the repair cost. It equaled the price of our one year membership fee! Plus the towing cost was only $10 since they picked the nearest place to bring us. They did all the checking as we would have had no idea where to go in an unfamiliar state. I will keep AAA forever.

I started with the basic plan and later got the premium. We drive quite a bit though. The first tow that I did under the basic convinced me to upgrade to a better length of tow. Our AAA was 5 miles max on basic (not sure what it is now since we don't have the basic anymore). We were 35 miles from the nearest town. It was $5 per mile for every mile over 5, so $150 out of pocket for that tow, but the driver still took us which we were grateful for. I don't think it cost a lot more between the basic and next step up. If you drive more than the minimum from home or a repair shop, I'd suggest getting the higher level which covers around 100 miles per tow.

One nice thing about AAA that not many people realize is that you can call and buy your membership and request service in the same call, at least here in CA. I had to do this recently, I had let my membership expire when I bought a newer car and sure enough it broke down anyway. I won't make that mistake again! I have the middle level since I am usually within 100 miles of home but frequently more than whatever the lowest level provides.

I love aaa. I have the plus. I've only used the towing twice but both times I was pretty far from home so that would've been a big bill. In Massachusetts certain AAA branches have registry services. I renewed my license there. It was great because there were only 2 other people in line. I think I waited 10 minutes.

One nice thing about AAA that not many people realize is that you can call and buy your membership and request service in the same call, at least here in CA. I had to do this recently, I had let my membership expire when I bought a newer car and sure enough it broke down anyway. I won't make that mistake again! I have the middle level since I am usually within 100 miles of home but frequently more than whatever the lowest level provides.

I called and signed up the same day when I locked the keys inside a rental car! Luckily I had just received a solicitation letter so had remembered, the guy came out and saved me $150!

Love AAA. What is trip- tik? I have never used that feature. Towing, flat tire, keys and discounts I have used. Even Disney travel planning for our first trip....now I do it myself!

The Trip-Tik is a map of your route when you will be traveling. It's something my dmom has done for years although probably not every year (even though she has traveled pretty much the same route back and forth to and from her house in Florida :rotfl2:).
If you stop by a AAA store, they will map out your route and print it up in a booklet for you. I am a map kinda person, so it worked for me.
The last time we did it was because we were making a stop on the way home and wanted to be sure. My mom doesn't have a GPS, and we don't have Smartphones so the Trip-Tik was very helpful!
I also love AAA while on the road to help us book our hotel room for the night. When we feel like we're getting tired, we'll whip out the Trip-Tik, call AAA, tell them we want to stop somewhere around XYZ town, let them do the booking for us, and viola, there we go.

One other thing to consider is that there are other roadside assistance plans out there. Some auto insurance companies offer such services too. This way you can compare costs and benefits and see which plan works best for your circumstances and at the best price.

Just what I recently did. I had the basic AAA but I also have emergency road service with my auto insurance company. AAA is $69 a year. My auto insurance ERS is $3.20 a year (State Farm).

Both have a toll free number. No brainer to me.

I had to use the State Farm ERS once. They took my info and said they'd call back. I got the call back in 5 min saying the tow would be about 45 min. In 30 minutes they called and said the tow would be there in about 15 min. The truck showed up and as my car was being loaded on the flatbed I got a call asking if the tow was there. The tow company direct billed State Farm and they took my car to my dealer about 35 miles away.

Worked good for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter