AAA renewal Code? Or do you just pay what it costs?

weHEARTmickey

Dreamin' of Disney.......
It is time to renew our AAA membership. We always keep it for WDW perks (Diamond parking, storytime, WoD discount.) Now I need to renew so I can book our Nov. trip. We need AAA Plus = $81/ add a spouse = $44 / TOTAL=$125!!

Does anyone know of a discount that will bring that cost down? Or do you just get what you get? Thanks! I've been living on the DIS for the past 2 days ... getting nervous/excited about our trip :upsidedow

I've never seen a code for my AAA membership and I've had it for over 15 years. I've just paid what it costs. Do you really need the Plus membership? Would the basic one work for you since you only want it for Disney discounts?

For us, it's worth $10.25 a month for the piece of mind that comes with our membership -- free battery charge, flat tire repair, keys locked in car, up to 4 tows per year per card.

If you can find a code, please share, but without the membership, I shudder to think what one tow would cost us.

I've never seen a code for my AAA membership and I've had it for over 15 years. I've just paid what it costs. Do you really need the Plus membership? Would the basic one work for you since you only want it for Disney discounts?

For us, it's worth $10.25 a month for the piece of mind that comes with our membership -- free battery charge, flat tire repair, keys locked in car, up to 4 tows per year per card.

If you can find a code, please share, but without the membership, I shudder to think what one tow would cost us.

Thanks, I was afraid of that! We like to go ahead & get the plus, just b/c the basic only covers a 2 or 3 mile tow. I figure, if we get AAA we might as well get a few free tows out of it (although I pray we'll never need it!) I searched for discounts quite a while earlier & couldn't find anything.

Thanks, I was afraid of that! We like to go ahead & get the plus, just b/c the basic only covers a 2 or 3 mile tow. I figure, if we get AAA we might as well get a few free tows out of it (although I pray we'll never need it!) I searched for discounts quite a while earlier & couldn't find anything.

I don't know if it goes by where you live or not but our basic membership covers towing up to 40 miles but it has to be a aaa facility I believe. I know the plus provides additional miles as well as (up to I believe it is )$5.00 worth of gas if you run out without charging you. They will bring you gas on the basic but you have to pay them for the cost of the gas. We have had AAA for about 10 years now and have never used it except for booking our Disney trips as well as for free maps and guide books. It is nice to have it there just in case though.

I don't know of any codes however if you just get the basic plan to start in a few months they will probably send you paperwork to upgrade to the plus at a savings. We have gotten this every year after renewing.

I don't know if it goes by where you live or not but our basic membership covers towing up to 40 miles. I know the plus provides additional miles as well as (up to I believe it is )$5.00 worth of gas if you run out without charging you. They will bring you gas on the basic but you have to pay them for the cost of the gas.

Ours is out of Dallas I believe & it is 2-3 miles. I talked with my agent earlier b/c I was really hoping to downgrade!

It is time to renew our AAA membership. We always keep it for WDW perks (Diamond parking, storytime, WoD discount.) Now I need to renew so I can book our Nov. trip. We need AAA Plus = $81/ add a spouse = $44 / TOTAL=$125!!

Does anyone know of a discount that will bring that cost down? Or do you just get what you get? Thanks! I've been living on the DIS for the past 2 days ... getting nervous/excited about our trip :upsidedow

I let mine expire a month, I receive a phone call to renew offering a free month or two. If there is an need of the use, they go back and cover with the renewal.

BUT last year, I tried that and I am not sure how they communicated, but they used that card and renewed the AAA. The only thing is, I have 5 of us on it, just paid the mortgage, and it was short. Not for the AAA, that got paid, but for the about 15 transactions on the bank card....$39 on each one including a $6 purchase at Burger King :sick:

I ended up closing the account over it.

Ours is out of Dallas I believe & it is 2-3 miles. I talked with my agent earlier b/c I was really hoping to downgrade!

Yeah that is not going to get you very far. You just have to decide is the extra cost really worth it in the end if you never need a tow during your membership. As I said we have had them for about 10 years and have never used their service for anything other than travel-which is the main reason we continue to keep our membership. In 10 years that would add up to quite a bit of money for a plus service that we have never needed. Heck it adds up just having the basic but at least we are getting some use out of that. It would be cheaper if we did need a tow at this point to just pay any additional cost out of pocket. Everyone's situation is different though. I guess the main thing to consider is how reliable has your car been? Has it ever left you sitting in the past? Is it getting older where problems may start occuring more often? If I had a car that gave me lots of problems and I have had to tow it in the past I think the plus would be a great benefit to have.

Good luck with your decision.

Thank you for your advice :goodvibes DH's car is a 2001. He will drive it until it absolutely DIES!!!! So, we like to be on the safe side just in case. Doesn't it also cover those tows, no matter who's car you're in?

Even with what you consider reliable transportation, things do happen. We had an incident last week with Sears (who I will never spend a dime with again) and the installation of a serpentine belt on my car. Hubby was driving (thank goodness) and as he pulled out into traffic, making a left turn, the serpentine belt slipped off and then tthe serp. belt knocked the power steering belt off with the slippage. He was able to drive the car to a nearby parking lot without power steering no less. He kept a cool head about him, while I know I would have panicked if it had happened to me. We had to have my car towed because it was pretty much undrivable at that point.

So even if you think you have reliable transportation, a repair shop can make a mistake, a huge one, and you could need a tow.

If you're riding in a car (or truck) with someone else and they have a car issue, you can use your card.

The Plus card allows you 100 miles for a tow. We specifically upgraded when DD went to college 93 miles away so we had the piece of mind if her car gave her any trouble, we could have it towed to a garage locally as opposed to the small town she was going to school in.

There are also lots of local shopping and Internet discounts available with the card. If you've never checked out AAA's website for discounts, you should. I know there's a discount with Pizza Hut. Barnes & Noble also gives AAA members discouints -- I know on-line for sure, not sure about the brick & mortar stores.

You can get "free" photos for a Passport with the Plus membership.

AAA is one bill I never mind paying. :)

Even with what you consider reliable transportation, things do happen. We had an incident last week with Sears (who I will never spend a dime with again) and the installation of a serpentine belt on my car. Hubby was driving (thank goodness) and as he pulled out into traffic, making a left turn, the serpentine belt slipped off and then tthe serp. belt knocked the power steering belt off with the slippage. He was able to drive the car to a nearby parking lot without power steering no less. He kept a cool head about him, while I know I would have panicked if it had happened to me. We had to have my car towed because it was pretty much undrivable at that point.

So even if you think you have reliable transportation, a repair shop can make a mistake, a huge one, and you could need a tow.

If you're riding in a car (or truck) with someone else and they have a car issue, you can use your card.

The Plus card allows you 100 miles for a tow. We specifically upgraded when DD went to college 93 miles away so we had the piece of mind if her car gave her any trouble, we could have it towed to a garage locally as opposed to the small town she was going to school in.

There are also lots of local shopping and Internet discounts available with the card. If you've never checked out AAA's website for discounts, you should. I know there's a discount with Pizza Hut. Barnes & Noble also gives AAA members discouints -- I know on-line for sure, not sure about the brick & mortar stores.
You can get "free" photos for a Passport with the Plus membership.

AAA is one bill I never mind paying. :)

Its just at the dot com, not in stores.

I also get back our membership fees in savings each year. I consider it my civic duty!:rotfl: However, I have 108K on my VW and DH has 225K on his Saturn, so I'm not about to let our coverage lapse!

Thanks guys! Just asked DH about it & he thinks we have towing on our auto insurance. Hmmmm....if THAT's the case, I probably will go w/ the basic membership.

Talked to our insurance agent & we do have unlimited tows, up to $120 each. It only costs us about $2-3 per month. We also have the "run out of gas" benefit & locksmith. Soooo, we will definitely go with the basic AAA membership & I don't even think I'll need to add DH for it. Can't think of any reason I should... Maybe you all could check with your insurance companies & see if that's available to you, or if you're already paying for it. Thanks for all the input. :goodvibes

We have AAA Premiere and since we tend to use our cars on long weekend trips, I'm not going to cancel it anytime soon. If ever we break down in Palm Springs, we're totally covered and I just love having this peace of mind.

For those with towing on your car insurance, make sure they are 24-hours and not just M-F from 9-5 pm (exactly when I'll NEVER need a tow).

Some larger employers offer a discount on AAA.

herc.

Talked to our insurance agent & we do have unlimited tows, up to $120 each. It only costs us about $2-3 per month. We also have the "run out of gas" benefit & locksmith. Soooo, we will definitely go with the basic AAA membership & I don't even think I'll need to add DH for it. Can't think of any reason I should... Maybe you all could check with your insurance companies & see if that's available to you, or if you're already paying for it. Thanks for all the input. :goodvibes

If DH is driving his car and it breaks down and he needs immediate help (not waiting for your insurance company to go through all their channels, which takes forever with my insurance). You will need DH added as a member on your AAA. Plus I couldn't always reach my Insurance company when needed. Your Insurance might be different. Your posts were years ago, I just realized, so hopefully you have this all worked out. I probably should't have replied, now that I've seen the date. But since I've already typed this, I'll go ahead and post it. Maybe it will help someone.

I've never even thought to look for a discount code. We always keep the plus because we travel a lot and our mechanic is more than the 5 miles or whatever distance towing comes free from our home.

I've never even thought to look for a discount code. We always keep the plus because we travel a lot and our mechanic is more than the 5 miles or whatever distance towing comes free from our home.

I looked extensively for codes. I found many, but none of them worked.:worried: So I renewed full price. Oh well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter