AAA Discount question... anyone book?

Just changed a reservation from a Basic Package (with our TA) to a Room Only to benefit from our new AAA membership...If public codes ever come out :confused3 , can we still take advantage of the code pricing then? :confused:

We went last year and used AAA for some stuff, but not others. Keep looking and checking rates with codes vs AAA. AAA is also good at Universal for some good discounts.

HERE IS A BIG PLUS WE GOT THE AAA DIAMOND PARKING PASS!!!
You get to park in the front right behind the handicapped parking.

If you book a package through your AAA people they should give you one.
Or in my case just asking over and over. I finally got it!!! When they sell a package they have the pass, but some people won't have a car so they don't need it so it becomes a left over and that is what you're looking for, if you don't book through them. All I ended up doing with them was a car, which I later dropped (went with National, thanks, mousesavers.com) and I did about $3000 in travelers checks. I did get all my route maps and orlando books from them for free.

Does this make sense?

I called AAA to see what they could save me. I would pay for a year's membership if it would save even a little because I would not mind having the protection on the road.

We have reservations at FW campground for Oct 1-14. I have not bought any tickets yet and I would like the dining plan.

When I called AAA she said that 7 days is the max that you can book for a package plan. Plus they only have the 4,5,6, and 7 day MYW tickets. (I wanted 10). After I hung up I started thinking that 7 days w/ the magic plus and hopper might work for us. I called her back for a pkg quote.

So 7 nights at FW, 2 adult 7day(hopper,magic plus, expires), 4 child 7 day (same), 7 night w/ 2 adults on the meal plan, 7 nights w/ 4 children on the meal plan. This came out to $2594.12.

She could not break it down for me so I tried to on my own.
7 nights 2 adults meal plan $245
7 nights 4 children meal plan $280
7 day hopper and magic plus tickets for 6 of us $1460 (sad that 10 day is only $40 more)
tax on tickets $167.90
7 nights at FW w/ 15% discount + tax $285.25

This comes out to $2438.15. The quote she gave me is still over $155.97.

The only way I could come up w/ this difference is if she quoted me on a preferred site (more expensive and I told her that we only wanted full hook up) and if she charged me resort tax on the meal plan.

I read on one thread that someone had talked numerous times w/ a CM and that the Meal Plan is not taxed because the tax is figured into the amount.

I don't think AAA is going to work for us because I would still need to book additional days as resort only. Which I could still get the AAA discount but not the meal plan.

Also do you think that you could upgrade these tickets? to a 10 day?

Thanks for listening...or reading!

Are all 4 kids 9 or under? Kids 10 and over are charged as adults on the Meal plan @ $35 a night.

Did she add any type of trip insurance??? That could be part of the difference. I emailed their site for a quote and never received one.

I might call her back and give her my breakdown. I wonder if it could be trip insurance???? I will ask.

Has anyone ever bought their tickets through AAA? Are they the type that you could trade up on? I wish they sold 10 day MYW. She said that they don't and will not in the future.

:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter