A Very Lurkyloo Christmas is FINISHED! New 3/16: Last Day of the Trip!

I agree about Kirk Cameron. I haven't seen him speak, but I think his movie, "Fireproof" was very powerful - every married couple should watch it just for a reminder to be "fireproof."

I've been dying to see it but I haven't picked it up yet. Everyone that I know that has seen it says it's an incredibly inspirational movie and some it even did wonders for their marriage (and I thought they had good marriages to begin with). Thanks for the reminder! :goodvibes I'll be picking it up this weekend (although I'm not married yet).

I've been dying to see it but I haven't picked it up yet. Everyone that I know that has seen it says it's an incredibly inspirational movie and some it even did wonders for their marriage (and I thought they had good marriages to begin with). Thanks for the reminder! :goodvibes I'll be picking it up this weekend (although I'm not married yet).

You're welcome - enjoy!

I would personally prefer Vanessa Williams, but I think Kirk Cameron would be good too. It's too bad that the D23 event was the one that got changed.

Yeah - I wondered about that. Like, is Vanessa Williams OK?

OMG! I didn't even finish watching the eticket video, but I know I must have it. I need to update the software for my phone ASAP! (yes I know, I should have done that months ago!)

See - that's how I feel too! MUST. HAVE. :rotfl:

I know I can't wait!! In 6 days we leave and 11 to the wedding!

Sounds like you are already for your trip! I would actually prefer Kirk Cameron over Vanessa Willimas because I had such a HUGE crush on him when I was a kid :lmao: Heck he is still cute, just older :) Sorry about the rental thought that stinks. I suppose you could look to change it back if you really don't want to deal with the hassel of offsite :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see pics off all the Disney places you have gone!

EEEeeeeeee! :banana: I hope I run into you on your wedding day (not literally, of course! :upsidedow). And while I never had a crush on Kirk Cameron, he does bring back a lot of warm, frizzy (perm) '80s nostalgia for me...

you should feel scared! he may try to turn you onto scientology! he's a freak.

Love you and have so so sooooo much fun!

Thanks! I, Lurkyloo, do solemnly swear to have so so sooooo much fun! :teeth:

I would actually prefer Kirk Cameron to Vanessa Williams---not for any particular reason, just would. I think Vanessa Williams would have been great, but I'm sure he'll do a good job too.

As an aside, I've been reading reports of people who have been to the Candlelight Processional already this year and it sounds like the showings have been pretty easy to get into without a package and that a portion of the theater has been empty for a lot of the shows. With any luck, I'll still get to see it without the package.

Oooh - I hope you do! This is making me think maybe we should cancel our CP package and take our chances like you. Hmmm... although I would love to see IllumiNations from World Showcase Plaza.... :scratchin

We've only got 9 days left until we leave and I'm majorly feeling the crunch to get everything done. Gotta go to Target today to pick up some last minute things I forgot to buy up until now---gotta double check my camera gear and have to clean the WHOLE house since we have a sitter coming over

In case you don't pop on before you leave, have a great trip and hopefully we'll bump into eachother over a piece of Boardwalk Bakery peanut butter chocolate cake!!

Thanks - great plan! I'll get my eating fork ready....

You've been a busy lady! I think I'd prefer Kirk Cameron just because he's a throwback to my tween years. Can't wait to hear about all your recent adventures and your trip.

Yeah, now I'm getting interested to see what he looks like all growed up!

Carrie -

I totally missed out on reading your PTR, but I just want you to know that I am sooooooo looking forward to reading your TR when you get home. Have an awesome trip! Happy Travels!

Aw - thanks! If you get bored while you're waiting, you could page back through this PTR - I've got a Walt Disney Studios mini trippie in here, plus pix of Disneyland at Halloween! :thumbsup2

Ugh. Life got in the way of TR reading lately, but I remembered that you should be heading out soon and got over here to catch up!

Say WHAT?! I've been crying about the lack of DIS app for a while and no one alerted me to this! I'll definitely check it out.

YES! Definitely check it out! I think my fave part will be the dedicated DIS browser - it's such a drag to go on the DIS thru Safari on an iPhone...

I think Vanessa Williams and Kirk Cameron would both be good (although I think I prefer Kirk. Have you ever seen Kirk's Christian specials on the Trinity Something or the other channel? He's a very passionate speaker.). I think anything's better than Eartha Kitt (God rest her soul), who we had one year. It was like a mixture of sexy/drunk/old lady voice.

Hilarious! I love Eartha Kitt, but it sounds like she was all wrong for CP.

Really it's just about who's voice you prefer as they stand behind a podium and, one year, we were so far away (and I didn't have my glasses on so that might've helped) that I could barely see the guy (Elaine's boss from Seinfeld). So that's how you should feel about it

Got it! :thumbsup2

Is the Hertz car rental at the rental company technically on WDW property (beside the Hess gas station)?

:rotfl: It's far from the terminal, but not that far! I think they said it's a 10-minute shuttle ride. I'm hoping to accomplish the car rental while DH gets the bags.

Look at all of the fun Disney stuff you've been doing! I'm so jealous and can't wait to see pictures of all of it!! :goodvibes Oh, and I thought I posted earlier but Happy Belated Birthday!! :yay::yay:

You did post! I think I just missed the quote button for yours when I was replying...:blush:

Those Iphone apps look so cool.

I so can'T wait to be able to buy one. But my future move to Orlando is #1 on my list.

Hummm, I wonder if there are any available appartments/condos in celebration.

Wouldn't that be nice? I think Nathan & Jensey used to live in an upstairs condo on one of the main drags in Celebration. I should ask them. That's where I'd want to live - right in the action! (OK, what little action there is...)

I know, I'm a bad DISbuddy. I swear I've been busy with my own Disney stuff!

I want to wish you a very belated 'Happy Birthday!' And that tote is very nice.

That app is awesome. It is just perfect for you and a few thousand other Disney peeps.

I leave on Sunday. I hope you have a great trip. I know I will!!!

Thanks for the birthday wish! I hope we run into each other while we're there. I'll know you because you'll be the one having a great trip! :lmao:

I've totally gone MIA from your PTR, but I'm so excited for your trip! We're leaving in 8 days!!!!

COOL! :banana: Are you going to the DIS party? I'm hoping ther will be people I know there... :cutie:

Congrats on the 5 day dance! Looking forward to hearing how it all turns out. (I'm sure it will be AWESOME!)

Thanks! I am putting my money on "awesome" too... :thumbsup2

WOW! 5 Days! I am so jealous. I wish I was only 5 days away!! I just can't wait for you to get back so I can read your TR!!!! :cool1:

Aw, but you still have the fun of anticipation! My goal should be to finish my trippie before you leave for your trip.... gulp!

I agree about Kirk Cameron. I haven't seen him speak, but I think his movie, "Fireproof" was very powerful - every married couple should watch it just for a reminder to be "fireproof."

Interesting - I don't know much about it, so I'll have to check it out. You don't see many movies these days that are affirmations of marriage - sounds neat!

5 DAYS!!! So exciting!

What you said! :rotfl2:

:cheer2: Whoohoo! Only 5 more Days! :cheer2:

I'm so excited to read your TR when you get back! :goodvibes

Me too! I'm hoping it writes itself! :rotfl:

OK, so we've been having a little last-minute crisis over at Casa de Lurkyloo.

DH's company is building and operating puppets for Pee-Wee Herman's big comeback stage show, debuting in January, and last night DH told me he didn't think he could go on our trip cuz there's so much work to be done. :eek: What I told him cannot be printed on a family website. ;)

So today we came up with a compromise plan wherein we bought him a one-way ticket home three days early and he can only use it if it's REALLY necessary. It was the worst $209 I've ever spent - if he doesn't use it, we've just blown a bunch of money, and if he DOES use it, he's gone for the last 3 days of our romantic holiday trip! :sad: (Yes, OK, the romantic part I just made up just now).

Plus, he would miss Candlelight Processional and MVMCP with Nathan & Jensey, our Wishes dessert party, and reserved seating at Finding Nemo: The Mother of All Theme Park Musicals. :sad: :sad: But at least he'll still be there for D23's Magic & Merriment event.

Oh, and I made the mistake of telling him that if he does leave early, his "punishment" is that he has to buy our Christmas tree and have it fully decorated by the time I get back, to which his eyes lit up and he exclaimed "That sounds like FUN!" :headache: D'oh!

I am so sorry that your DH's work might ruin some of the plans that you have worked so hard on. I hope something happens and he doesn't have to leave early :hug:.

I'm sorry that your DH might have to leave early because of work. :hug: Doesn't life know that it's not supposed to interfere with planned Disney trips! :laughing:

:offtopic: On a completely other note, my DF is awestruck that your DH is working on puppets for the new Pee-Wee Herman stage show. Some of his favourite childhood memories were watching Pee-Wee Herman with his Dad on Saturday mornings.

Oh NO! I shake my fist at you, Pee-wee!...not really, 'cause it's super-awesome-excitment! but, I am very bummed at the idea that Patrick is going to miss all the good stuff at WDW! Why can't I download his supreme puppet building skillz and run down to SoCal to build for him? Why doesn't that technology exist, yet?

So, I'm hoping he DOESN'T have to use the ticket -- which means you wasted the moola but, get to keep Patrick around. It's the good and the bad that make me want to pull my hair out in frustration! Cool puppet project vs. Christmas in WDW! Grrr! Deepest sympathies!

I could also go with you! It's not what you had in mind but, just think of the fun we could have!! No? Are you sure? Oh well, I tried!

I'm sorry Patrick's work is getting in the way (although I too have childhood memories of watching Pee- Wee's playhouse so I think that's uber cool, but I digress). I can see ur frustation though. Doesn't he know he has to stay so he and Chauncey can talk about nerdy boy things while we are talking about girly things? Either way I hope it works out so you're both comfortable with the situation! See u next week!

DH's company is building and operating puppets for Pee-Wee Herman's big comeback stage show, debuting in January...

I still can't express how totally awesome I think it is that Patrick works with puppets. It sounds stressful, but I'm sure it's much more fun than going to an office in a suit and tie every day.

Plus, he would miss Candlelight Processional and MVMCP with Nathan & Jensey, our Wishes dessert party, and reserved seating at Finding Nemo: The Mother of All Theme Park Musicals. :sad: :sad: But at least he'll still be there for D23's Magic & Merriment event.

Majorly stinky---all of that stuff sounds like tons of fun. To make up for the lack of eaten desserts by half of your group at the Wishes Dessert Party though, feel free to chuck a could peanut butter chocolate tarts over the fence for me though. :thumbsup2

Oh, and I made the mistake of telling him that if he does leave early, his "punishment" is that he has to buy our Christmas tree and have it fully decorated by the time I get back, to which his eyes lit up and he exclaimed "That sounds like FUN!" :headache: D'oh!

:rotfl2: That's too funny. I had to decorate the tree myself this year and let me tell you, that's no fun at all (although the fact that our tree resembles something from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation may have something to do with it).

Awe, I'm sorry about the possibility of your hubby missing part of the trip.

By the way, if Nathan and Jensey don't mind, I'd like to get in contact with them. They might know the area better than me ;) If they want. No obligation :)

So sorry to see that Patrick's vacation might get cut short, and therefore some of your joy, too. :sad2: Maybe he won't really leave and we can find a way with Disney Math to make spending the money okay. :hug:

COOL! :banana: Are you going to the DIS party? I'm hoping ther will be people I know there... :cutie:

No. Unfortunately we're only going for a long weekend. I'm a teacher so I can't rationalize the time off, especially since we have a vacation 2 weeks after our trip. I did manage to take a couple of personal days so we're leaving on Friday night and coming home on Tuesday. We got park hoppers and are going to cram in as much as we can in 3 days!

My plans:
Saturday: Epcot for most of the day, then go over to MK. We're eating dinner at Cape May.

Sunday: AK in the morning then over to DHS. No ressies.
I keep trying to get a ressie at 50s Primetime, but I think since we're splitting the day and I'd like to fit Fantasmic! in if possible, it'll be better to deal with CS, even though it's not that great.

Monday: MK all day. Dinner at 'Ohana, then hopefully over to Downtown Disney. Another option would be go to back to DHS if we felt like we didn't get enough time there.

Tuesday: Breakfast at Boma before departure. Possibly back to Downtown Disney too.

Okay...I have started to rationalize my plans in *your* PTR! Back to your regularly scheduled PTR now! :rotfl:

So today we came up with a compromise plan wherein we bought him a one-way ticket home three days early and he can only use it if it's REALLY necessary. It was the worst $209 I've ever spent - if he doesn't use it, we've just blown a bunch of money, and if he DOES use it, he's gone for the last 3 days of our romantic holiday trip! :sad: (Yes, OK, the romantic part I just made up just now).

Honestly, you kill me!

So sorry to hear about that $209.00. that IS the worst thing you could have spent money on! BUT, I said it before and I'll say it again, Pee Wee Herman??? Good awesome grief! I am thrilled about that! Go Patrick!

I'll keep fingers and toes crossed that his bro gets it done, so he doesn't have to come back!

Hi! I've been terrible at keeping up with the trip planning but wanted to come over and get caught up. Sorry that hubby may have to use an emergency one way ticket home -- although his work project sounds pretty neat. I will hopefully see you at the DIS party! :yay:

So sorry Patrick's work may cut his trip short, but glad you are still carrying on with things as planned.

Here's to a super duper Magical Walt Disney World Christmas vacation for the Lurkyloo's. :santa: Have a wonderful time & can't wait to follow along with the live tweets that I am sure you will be doing or should I follow the blog?

.... he would miss Candlelight Processional and MVMCP with Nathan & Jensey, our Wishes dessert party, and reserved seating at Finding Nemo: The Mother of All Theme Park Musicals. :sad: :sad: But at least he'll still be there for D23's Magic & Merriment event.

Noooooooooooooo! He DID NOT say that!!!!!!!! I really, really hope he doesn't have to leave and that REALLY IS the worst $209 anyone could ever spend! :sad2:

ps. I plan to go look at those DL Halloween pics!

Happy belated birthday (from a fellow 33-year-old)! Sorry to hear about the $209 situation...that really sucks. Though I have to say, Pee-Wee Herman stage show = major awesome.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter