A trip full of Triple Stay / Annual Pass / VIPassholder Fun - A Late Feb/Early March Trip

We headed to the bus stop and waited a bit for a bus. There was one couple already sitting waiting when we got there. And they were talking about what to get for dinner when they got back. All I could think was, you are leaving a park with a TON of food chioices. Why would you get take out? And Chinese? Odd...

We were just on a Disney cruise that began in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and many people in our FB planning group arrived a day or two early like we did to check out the city. Multiple people mentioned having dinner at Olive Garden. ???

We have only ridden this one other time, as when I ask which Tier 1 ride they want, they usually say Test Track. So, I was excitied to ride it again.
I really hate Frozen but for whatever reason I enjoy the ride. Possibly because while I do like Soarin' I don't love it and I can take or leave TT? Also the boys have yet to ride Frozen because, well, they're older boys lol and if we actually make FP's in Epcot they always pick TT or Soarin'.

The ciders are good but at like 4% alchol content. So, he figured it evened out to my shot of vodka.
:laughing: I do like his way of thinking!

I'm loving the size of the pretzel from Germany. Do they really taste different from the normal Disney pretzels? I need to add this to my list of Disney snacks to try. popcorn::
I will hijack here and say in my opinion they definitely taste different and also in my opinion, they aren't as good :( They aren't as soft and often taste......more....burnt, maybe just well done? More like an authentic bavarian pretzel but not like the Mickey pretzels :)

I've been following this trip report but didn't say hello yet! :wave2: I've read a few of your past trip reports and was excited to see this one, especially with the girls' notes added! I didn't do a trip report for our trip last April (I meant to...but other things got in the way :faint:) - if I had, I would have mentioned that one of our favorite experiences was riding the double decker bus down Main Street before MK officially opened - something I never would have thought of if I hadn't seen it in one of your reports!! (I would love to find a picture of it to share but I think we might only have video?) Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and thank you so much for sharing!

I've been with friends before who preferred to drive off property to grab dinner. I think a lot of the casual visitors to the parks don't realize there's more than overpriced burgers and nuggets to be had. A sushi donut or pear cider beers probably never crossed their minds!

I think this ride and Pirates may have the worst ride photos. I do like the lady in the middle of the boat. She seems very happy!
I think the least they could do is angle the camera so you can't see the evacuation stairs behind the boat!

We go all the way around and then leave. We watch shows for half an hour, then lights out! Says mom.
See, you just went on and on. This is much better trip reporting. LOL :rotfl:

I will hijack here and say in my opinion they definitely taste different and also in my opinion, they aren't as good :( They aren't as soft and often taste......more....burnt, maybe just well done? More like an authentic bavarian pretzel but not like the Mickey pretzels :)
Hijack Away!!!! I was going to say that, but since I didn't actually try it, I didn't want to say. I mean Morgan did eat the whole thing... So it couldn't have been too bad...

I've been following this trip report but didn't say hello yet! :wave2: I've read a few of your past trip reports and was excited to see this one, especially with the girls' notes added! I didn't do a trip report for our trip last April (I meant to...but other things got in the way :faint:) - if I had, I would have mentioned that one of our favorite experiences was riding the double decker bus down Main Street before MK officially opened - something I never would have thought of if I hadn't seen it in one of your reports!! (I would love to find a picture of it to share but I think we might only have video?) Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and thank you so much for sharing!
Thank You for sharing that! I know people read these, but sometimes you wonder. I am so glad I inspired you to try the double decker bus and loved it! I want to ride one of the other vehicles next!

I think a lot of the casual visitors to the parks don't realize there's more than overpriced burgers and nuggets to be had. A sushi donut or pear cider beers probably never crossed their minds!
Right? I could see if you lived near by as well... But they were going to the hotel. Oh well, more sushi donuts for me!

Wow that gelato martini looks amazing! I just put it on my list of things to try!
Just be warned that it is VERY filling.

I think the least they could do is angle the camera so you can't see the evacuation stairs behind the boat!
What?!? I never noticed that before! Oh Disney....

See, you just went on and on. This is much better trip reporting. LOL :rotfl:
Right? Why give ALL the details.... leave a little for the imagination!

Enjoying your report! Love also reading it from the girls point of view...and wow have they grown up! (I know not what you want to hear!)

Looking forward to more.

Lynn

Ok... So, if you follow this trip report and you have your own Pre-Trip Report or Trip Report and I am not following along.... Please please please let me know! I just discovered 3 folks' PTRs that I have been missing! And I am 99% sure that I want to be following along.

That is all.

Following along and all caught up! Looks like a great first day - I love the big surprise for the girls, and the drawing class looks like so much fun, and I love your girl's journaling - hearing the trip from their point of view is such a fun touch.

We were just on a Disney cruise that began in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and many people in our FB planning group arrived a day or two early like we did to check out the city. Multiple people mentioned having dinner at Olive Garden. ???

Okay, this is very off topic, but this so reminded me of a time my sister went to NYC with a group of friends and when they were deciding what to do for dinner, one of the girls thought they should drive from their hotel to the Olive Garden in Times Square. :headache::sad2:

I'm caught up and loving your report. The girls have grown so much. Morgan is a pre-teen now.:scared1: I'm really enjoying their contribution to the report. You're starting them early. I'm going to try to keep up and look forward to more.

I think this ride and Pirates may have the worst ride photos.
Yes definitely! I think they really need two cameras and split the front & back of the boat, like they do for all the roller coasters with separate pics for each car.
You can never see the people in the back rows very well on Frozen or Pirates.

My family really liked that ice cream place in France. Last trip was the first time we stopped there, but it's definitely on our must do list now.

Happy Saturday Everyone!!! It is to be fairly nice today, so hopefully we will get out of the house and do something outside! Of course I hate when it does this, as it will be 73 today and then 48 on Monday! YUCK!

Day Two: Magic Kingdom - Part One

Today we were headed to Magic Kingdom. We try to make it our first stop of the trip, or at least the first full day!

Day Two MK Plan
California Grill was going to be new to us, I was excited about it but the rest of the family didn't know what to expect. And we really wanted to meet Phineas and Ferb, which I thought was to be our on Saturdays.

Would we meet Phinease and Ferb?
Would we try the Mint Julep?
How would we like dinner?

This was our "plan" for the day. I wanted to make sure we had time to come back and swim, so I said we should try and get there for rope drop. We woke up around 7:00 and slowly got moving. Although Morgan had tried to get up at 5:30AM! I made her go back to sleep!

Tinkerbell Gifts_Day Two
Tink always seems to leave a bunch of stuff on the first day! The water bottles I bought last summer when Target had the big Disney line. And I think I had the mad libs leftover from a road trip or something.

The girls got up and checked out there goodies and we got ready to go. I tried using the app to find out the bus time, but we couldn't get out in time for the one bus, but we headed out to grab the next one. And of course we waited quit a bit for the next one to arrive.

Morgan used the time to start writing in her journal while we waited.

A bus did come eventually, and we were off! Bag Check wasn't too bad this morning, our last trip we had a few days with just a sea of people. But of course, I managed to get behind this man with a backpack that I swear had a million pockets. It took FOREVER!!! Even Gwen said something after about how many pockets he had! Ha!

It was 9:00 on the dot, so there wasn't too many people at the tapstiles. So, we went straight in!

Tinkerbell Gifts_Day Two
My time stamps says 9:00 on the dot that I took this picture. So, not too bad, I guess.

Morgan & Gwen
I made the girls pose, but there was lots of people taking picutres and not photo pass person. So, not really centered....

Morgan, Gwen & Andy
And proof that Andy is on the trip as well! Ha.

We quickly headed in and down Main Street.
Castle
The good thing about coming now, was that all the folks waiting were already heading in, so it wasn't too crowded as we walked.

We stopped for a Castle photo, as there was a guy with no line.
Magic Kingdom_Balloon Castle_01

I remembered this CM, we had our picture taken with him before. He had tried to get a cute picture of the girls with the stuffed animals that they had and they were AWFUL!!!!

Thankfully, these were ok-ish...

But there was this one where we were to make funny faces... We might need to work on that...

And Think photo bombed us... or well Andy specifically...

We decided to head to Adventureland first this time.
Adventureland

We hopped onto the Magic Carpets, as this is a ride we would never get a fast pass for or wait in line for really.

Camel Butt
This was our view while waiting for the ride to get started... hmmm.. Camel butt.

We got right on and the girls picked the carpet.
Carpets - Mo&G

Carpets - Mo & G
We were ready to go!

Magic Carpets
Do you see Gwen's just got married button? It's her favorite one... :confused3

Agraba
Look how nice and empty it was! (It didn't stay that way for sure)

Our carpet wasn't working on the tilting but that was fine. At least the girls got to make it go up and down. I don't think they camel was spitting at the ride just yet.

Camels Spit
So, Gwen got her fill after... (Also, note, that Morgan had no interest in getting wet this early. Add it to the She is becoming a teen column.)

We headed to Jungle Cruise next. There was a little bit of a line, but it looked like it was going straight out, not wrapping. But it also wasn't moving. Then we heard that there was a CM training in a boat and they had to complete the loop before they would let another boat go. Which probably wasn't going to be too long, but we decided to go ride Pirates next instead.

Pirates of Caribbean
Pirates said a 5 mintues wait, but really that was just the time to walk to the load area.

Gwen is not a fan of this ride. And we always drag her on, as I allow the girls to veto (1) ride per trip. And as much as Gwen doesn't like this ride, she has one she hates more.
Skeliton
This first scene might be the whole reason she doesn't like the ride.

Magic Kingdom_Pirates_Feb 23rd_01
But as you can see in this beauty of a ride photo. Gwen has taken to just closing her eyes for the 1 couple scenes.... And then she is fine. I guess I didn't tell Andy about the ride photo. Oops!

Red head
Once we get past that one section, Gwen is totally fine with the ride. And this time, I think she might have actually enjoyed it. And I know there are lots of people who don't like the changed scene.

But take it for this. Unprompted, Gwen said the following statements:
  • First, she said that this is different than it used to be right?
  • Then, she said, I like that the Red Head Lady gets to be in Charge.
So, I agree that it didn't need to change. But the change is being noticed by little girls! So, take it for that! Gwen has girl power!

After our ride, we tried to go get the breakfast of champions, Dole Whips! But they weren't open till 10:00. Boo.

So, we headed over to Jungle Cruise, a line had built a little by then, but I figured by the time we were done, we could get those Dole Whips!

Day Two: Magic Kingdom - Part Two

We got in line for Jungle Cruise, and it now said the wait was 20 minutes. But we figured we might as well. It was only going to get longer and we have had some bad luck with fast passes on this, So I didn't want to waste on on it.

JG Shack
We did pretty much wait the full 20 minutes to get on a boat. We played a little of the Disney Play app trivia while we waited, and Gwen had a snack in line.

Jungle Cruise Skipper
Our Skipper was really funny! He had good timing and a few little extras to add to the regular commentary. I mean look at the guy in this picture, he was full on "oh that was a BAD joke look"

Jungle Cruise Family
We grabbed a family ride selfie and we were off into the Jungle!

Jungle Cruise Boats
We survived being beheaded...

Back Side of Water
And the backside of water!

JG Elephants
The elephants are always my favorite part. I always take a million pictures of them. And they are probably all the same photos...

Elephant Butt
To go along with the Camel Butt, Elephant Butt...

After our ride in the Jungle, we were def ready for some Dole Whips. And off course, there was now a line but not too bad. Andy and Morgan got in line, while I took Gwen to the bathrooms.

When Gwen and I were coming back from the bathrooms, we discovered these benches. And Gwen wanted to sit in them. So, I texted Andy to come find us.

Dole Whips
Andy being well trained in my TR needs, took these photos for me before we dug in!

Dole Whips The cute new mickey and Minnie cups had just come out.

Gwen wanted a float, Morgan always goes for the basic Dole Whip and Andy and I shared the pineapple upside down cake version. All were delish!

Morgan Dole Whip
Nothing like sweets at !0 AM on your first day of vacation, right?

Gwen Dole Whip Float
Just chillin'

Secret Location
Here is our secret location! It really was quite nice. It was nice and shaded and cool. I have to assume that these have always been here, and we just never noticed them?!?!

Gwen being Gwen, couldn't just sit on the bench part, and climbed up on the back side..
Gwen
Where Andy snapped this picture of Gwen....

Gwen
I said they look like High School Senior Pictures!

Morgan & Gwen
I had Morgan climb up as well, and grabbed a cute photo of them both.

After our treats and mini-photo shoot, we headed towards our first fast pass of the day!

I agree...what is up with Aloha Isle, don't they know that Dole Whips are a great breakfast item???

Well, you finally got them later on and we are going to have to go find your "secret" spot, but we won't tell anyone! I haven't tried the pineapple upside down cake version with the dole whip on top yet. Guess I'll put that on the list too!

What a great start to your first Disney morning!

Well, you finally got them later on and we are going to have to go find your "secret" spot, but we won't tell anyone! I haven't tried the pineapple upside down cake version with the dole whip on top yet. Guess I'll put that on the list too!
The upside down cake version was nice for breakfast, filled us up a little. It is surprisingly good. Def recommend trying it!

And you should totally play up the secret spot to the boys. I am sure they will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter