A Tribute to Mackey Mouse - R.I.P.

CarolAnnC

<font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin
I am copying this thread over here to the Coping and Compassion board. I know how important this board was to Marsha, and thought those of you who knew her might want to read this beautiful tribute to her.

~ Mary Jo

I felt that we needed a separate thread to honor and remember our dear friend Marsha aka Mackey Mouse, though I know there has been a discussion on the DIS Old Timers thread about her and also over on Coping and Compassion.

Here are my thoughts:

I first met Marsha here on the DIS the summer of 2000. We were both fans of a brand new show "Survivor" and shared our delight of Disney and Survivor in the DIS Chat Room.

That September when my DH passed suddenly, there was Marsha driving up to New Hampshire to visit at his wake to comfort me. We had never met in person, but that began a long friendship outside of the internet.

Two months later she and Tommy were with me and my girls on a week long Carribbean cruise. She brought me back to life from the depths of despair. But that is the kind of woman Marsha was. She knew how to "Go for the Gusto" as she would always tell me to do. We bonded as we were "city girls" both raised in the Boston area.

We continued to attend local DIS meets together, go shopping, have lunch, even spend Christmas Eve together one year at her home with her lovely daughters and her Tommy. She was caring, compassionate, yet fun loving, down to earth and "told it like it is". At one point we discovered through our long talks that Tommy was actually a second cousin of my mom's. That really made us feel like our friendship was "meant to be" even more.

We also planned trips together to WDW where we would spend time at our jointly beloved passion - anything Disney. One year we were "snowed in" as the Northeast was hit with a blizzard and we were stuck with cancelled flights. We were ecstatic as we had more days at WDW! When she was able to get flights back to Logan which had opened up, but I was not as NH was still closed, she helped me get onto her flight to Boston and Tommy and she drove me and my girls all the way up to Manchester NH in the aftermath of the storm to my car at the airport there. They would not hear of me trying to rent a car myself to do it, or make other plans. They were both there for me no questions asked.

The memories go on and on, but I wanted to share just a sample here with you all. Marsha's legacy will spread far and wide - from her "Disney" friends to the many folks she befriended duriing Tommy's and her own cancer battles. Her touch was felt not only around the country, but around the world.

I learned many life lessons from Marsha and I will always remember her, though another piece of my heart broke off and died with her July 13, 2012.

Thanks Carol. Marsha was, indeed, a remarkable person. I have so many wonderful memories...from being in WDW with her and Tommy to going to those Boston DIS meets with them. She was always just so much fun to be around. She took an interest in everyone she met. There truly were no 'strangers' for Marsha.
I have never seen anyone handle the passing of a loved one the way Marsha handled her grief over her Tommy's passing. Yes, she had a lot of time to get used to the idea and to prepare herself. But, in all reality, no one is ever 'prepared'. To watch her care for others who came to share her grief and to support her was, quite simply, incredible. She had such grace and strength. She has truly been an inspiration to so many. I can only hope to face life's challenges as she did. My new life philosophy??? How would Marsha have handled this??? I can't go wrong.
Her girls have such wonderful memories and the knowledge that their parents are together again..watching over both them and their children....those beautiful grandchildren that Marsha so loved. Hopefully, the girls can find peace in that knowledge...and hold onto those incredible memories..of both parents.

I know I'll be saying a prayer and enjoying a special memory or two when I'm standing at those Epcot fountains in Dec!! That's where Marsha and Tommy will always be, for me.

I am very sorry for your loss. She sounded like a dear person with a huge heart. Praying for you and her family.:hug:

I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

She sounds like a wonderful person:love: to have had in your life.

Carol, :hug::hug: Marsha was a class act.

Sending my thoughts to her daughters, their families and all those who loved her. :hug:

CarolAnn - what a lovely tribute to your friend, Marsha. The world & especially her friends will miss her.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend and a true inspiration. :hug:

Carol I'm so sorry to hear about Marsha. You were so lucky and blessed to have such a good friend.

My prayers go out to Marsha's family and friends.

I spoke to her once on the phone. She was at Disney, maybe it was a DIS-con. Anyway, I remember her wicked accent and she commented on my southern one. She was kind and classy and loved her DH and family so very much. I remember her having a lot of Faith.

Hugs for you, losing a close friend. I'm so sorry.

I am definitely one that Marsha inspired here on the Disboards. She was always so kind and encouraging to all despite her challenges she faced. My heart and prayers go out to her family. :hug:May her memory be eternal.

I'm so sorry Carol Ann. That was indeed a very nice tribute to a very nice lady.

I met Marsha and her Tommy at the second Discon. A large crowd of us did a park hopping coaster day. Marsha and I didn't do all the coasters so we were able to chat. Her Tommy and I also had some time to chat - I had worked in the same industry as he did so we had a lot to jawbone. They were both delightful people to spend an afternoon with.

Marsha will always be the grande dame of the DIS.

RIP

I am sitting here shocked right now, I had no idea. I have dealt with her many times on the coping & compassion board. So, so very sad to hear of her passing.

Susan and I are only (very) infrequent visitors here on the DIS, thanks largely to work and family commitments, but we have nothing but the fondest of memories of Marsha from our time together as Mods and several meetings at Pete's and in and around WDW. You couldn't have wished to meet a more generous and compassionate person and she was a great example of how to live your life in a positive frame of mind. Her family and the DIS community has certainly lost a great spirit, but I will certainly choose to remember her with grateful thanks for the chance to know her. Thanks for your tribute post, CarolAnn.

What beautiful words, Carol. Thank you for sharing them here.

What a shame to hear. Even through all of her own loss & despair she encouraged many of us on here with lesser problems, and uplifted our spirits in times of need. RIP Marsha!

It took me a few days to be able to post.

Marsha was all that and then some. Incredible lady. It was an honor to know her. I think I can speak for many saying that.

My heart and prayers are with her family...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter