A Touch of Disney 2021 Experience - Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Updated with Full Menus

Wait so you were just jokingly volunteering to be a guest rider? You didn't actually get to test a ride? Cuz like... I'd pay extra for that. ;) Going on Saturday, and I can't WAIT!!!
No we didn’t get to test ride. I was chatting with a CM who was testing & tossed out the volunteer to ride comment as a fun thing. She smiled at it.

EOD summary - park started feeling really empty around 6:30 as it cooled & people headed out. Longest mobile order wait all day was for Dole Whip.

Character sightings - We saw Mickey (twice) & Minnie, separately, in the Little Mermaid queue at the end by She Sells Sea Shells, great closeup shots or selfies as they are not too elevated and never more than 3 or 4 parties waiting. I’m guessing they moved from the swings due to ride testing. Pluto likes to hang out on the Carthay balcony. Donald & Daisy like to go bird watching in Redwood Creek trails; we saw Daisy there. Chip & Dale play in the woods behind the plane in Grizzly Peak Airfield, Goofy & Max like to fish at the wharf.

Ended the day with watching the park light up & the neon come on in Cars Land. A few people there but not overly crowded.

8340630E-1FD8-4AEC-800E-14D72CBF2F3E.jpeg6D8326F0-EE85-4C72-8A0F-2EE01CD8B223.jpeg

Ended the day with watching the park light up & the neon come on in Cars Land. A few people there but not overly crowded.

What time was the Sh-boom moment at Cars Land? Looks like sunset is right around 7:25 pm. What time did the music start, lights come on, etc.?

What time was the Sh-boom moment at Cars Land? Looks like sunset is right around 7:25 pm. What time did the music start, lights come on, etc.?
It was around 7:30PM I think. I’d get there by 7:15-7:20pm if you want a bench or a particular spot to wait. More people were waiting by Flo’s & the intersection than up by Sarge’s where we were. After the Cars lighting, we walked along Radiator Springs back to Pixar Pier to see the Mickey Wheel all lit up & changing colors. Not totally dark yet but still nice to see it as well.

I’m sure this has been asked and answered so I apologize. Are carthay or lamp light taking walk ups?

There are signs with QR codes in front of each, which you scan to see availability for the same-day list. You pretty much have to go directly to the one you want right when you get in the park. The app also has a place you can check, but you have to be really close to the restaurant to use it. I tried it from the Marketplace Cashier line and it said I was too far away.

We had such a great time on Saturday. While I'm SO happy to see the parks open back up, I will miss these special events that I've been able to take part in over the last months. Each time we went (three times), there was something new that we got to do. The first visit (September), we were just so happy to be in DtD, we didn't mind a bit that the experience itself was fairly limited - we only had a few hours there, after all. The second visit (two days in December), we were able to do the BVS/Studio 17 thing, and had dining at Carthay Circle and Ralph Brennan's had reopened. And this past time was almost like a real park visit. We had lunch at LL, directly facing Incredicoaster's launch path and got to watch its testing. And just to see Shboom made me cry, I was so happy that it was back.

One thing that Saturday really brought home to me is that I HAVE to get in shape (both body and FEET) if I'm planning on doing five days in July. Right now, ToD was about my max level of exertion - and it was only eight hours, on a single day. Plus my feet got...not quite blisters, but definitely heading there...something that has never happened to me since I learned what kind of shoes work best at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter