A Touch of Disney 2021 Experience - Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Updated with Full Menus

YEEHAW I got a 3 pm reservation for Lamplight on 4/17!!! This is HUGELY helpful. It sounds like there's not really 8 hours worth of stuff to do in DCA right now. I'm most interested in seeing the evening atmosphere (always my fave) and wanted to stay until 8 pm, but I was worried that if we didn't get in at the beginning, I couldn't get us on the Lamplight standby list.

Ok - does anybody know what seating area at Lamplight they're using? I'm hoping they are using all the outdoor seating areas. My last Disneyland trip in Jan 2020, we ate outside on that (almost) water-level patio area with beautiful views of the lake, and it was glorious to feel kinda out on the water!
A week ago they were only using the upstairs patio for dining.

A week ago they were only using the upstairs patio for dining.

well that’s dumb..... if anyone goes this weekend, I’m curious to know if they open up more seating areas. I mean the upstairs patio is better than nothing, but that one downstairs is so beautiful andrelaxing

Soooo some of the DLR Instagrammers I follow (@Paulsthemeparkadventures and @wonders_of_magic) are reporting that:
1) Angry Dogs is open (don't really care about this one but DANGIT i want a Jack Jack's Cookie Nom Nom)
2) Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, Frozone and Edna Mode were seen around the Incredicoaster area for socially distanced pics!
3) Flo's V8 Cafe opens TODAY!

Anyone else heard of new things added to the event - or rumors?

Soooo some of the DLR Instagrammers I follow (@Paulsthemeparkadventures and @wonders_of_magic) are reporting that:
1) Angry Dogs is open (don't really care about this one but DANGIT i want a Jack Jack's Cookie Nom Nom)
2) Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, Frozone and Edna Mode were seen around the Incredicoaster area for socially distanced pics!
3) Flo's V8 Cafe opens TODAY!

Anyone else heard of new things added to the event - or rumors?
Floss’s V8 is open? Yeah!!! Will have to check this out.

The Uber/Lyft horror stories are daunting. What's the usual fare for a taxi from SNA?
Last time I was there the taxi was $28 plus tip ... and they are right there waiting with usually no line. That was over a year ago now :-( but the taxi stand will tell you the normal fare amount.

Last time I was there the taxi was $28 plus tip ... and they are right there waiting with usually no line. That was over a year ago now :-( but the taxi stand will tell you the normal fare amount.
Well, that would DEFINITELY be worth it, then!

Wow. That was the same price I paid for an Uber from SNA to the hotel at the convention center this trip. I only paid $22 on the way back (Sunday AM), but I kept swiping no until I got one that was under $30 the night we landed (Friday night). Note to self: on high traffic nights, just go for a cab.

I am seeing on insta stories that TOD is only using mobile ordering now because all the CM’s are training. They aren’t doing the mark place orders. Not sure if this is only for today or going forward.

I am seeing on insta stories that TOD is only using mobile ordering now because all the CM’s are training. They aren’t doing the mark place orders. Not sure if this is only for today or going forward.
So the two Marketplace pre-pay kiosks are no longer being used and everything for today or from now on is Mobile Ordering only?

well that’s dumb..... if anyone goes this weekend, I’m curious to know if they open up more seating areas. I mean the upstairs patio is better than nothing, but that one downstairs is so beautiful andrelaxing
I just got back from TOD today and it appears both upstairs and downstairs were being used.

Yes! I’ll keep checking the days after to see if it changes. But that’s what it seems.
This was also in effect today, all kiosks were Mobile Order only.

Parking lot trams.... don’t be surprised if it is a long wait for those to return. DisneyWorld still is not using trams . The parking is not in a covered parking structure and walking really long distance on black tar parking lot in Florida sun is torture. Especially since they keep those trams just sitting within view but not moving For over a year.

The parking for Special event at DL was also mentioned in original post as being narrow and slow moving. Currently at WDW they are required to allow an empty slot between cars for social distancing as guests exit their car. And then they eventually return to fill in those empty spots... It is much safer but very slow. Is that what you experienced in Downtown Disney parking structure?

Last edited:
... The parking for Special event at DL was also mentioned in original post as being narrow and slow moving. Currently at WDW they are required to allow an empty slot between cars for social distancing as guests exit their car. And then they eventually return to fill in those empty spots... It is much safer but very slow. Is that what you experienced in Downtown Disney parking structure?
The parking included with the TOD ticket is at the M&F structure. Yes, the parking CMs want you to park in every other space. We arrived an hour after opening -- no lines at the parking booths, no lines to park, no wait at temp/bag check. Took just a few minutes to park, a few minutes for temp and bag check. Then we walked the tram route to the DCA gates. Not a big deal for us -- we enjoy that walk, having done it many times before for CHOC Walk.
To clarify, there is no parking structure for DTD. Parking for DTD is in the Simba lot. We have always parked "normally" there, i.e. filling in every available space. There aren't CMs there to guide your parking, so parking goes pretty quickly, unless the lot is very full.

FYI - Disneyland app updated yesterday, and my ToD tickets for tomorrow which have been linked in the app since early March are no longer there. I’m getting a message that the app is having trouble refreshing the info. I hope it is fixed by tomorrow...guess I need to go find the e-mail with the PDF tickets just t be safe. I’ve also lost my legacy AP discounts bar code.

I guess the positive is my Lamplight reservation which I made last week & was not showing up in the app is now there.

FYI - Disneyland app updated yesterday, and my ToD tickets for tomorrow which have been linked in the app since early March are no longer there. I’m getting a message that the app is having trouble refreshing the info. I hope it is fixed by tomorrow...guess I need to go find the e-mail with the PDF tickets just t be safe. I’ve also lost my legacy AP discounts bar code.

I guess the positive is my Lamplight reservation which I made last week & was not showing up in the app is now there.
Mental note: do not update Disneyland app till AFTER TOD on Saturday.

Well, shoot. We’re planning on buying a bunch of Nuimo stuff on Friday, and I’ve been specifically waiting to buy it there with my Legacy discount.

I hope it comes back or that they will honor my physical pass. 😩

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter