A Successful September-W.I.S.H. Goals

Friday check-in... this was the worst week of the past three. Under in steps, over in eating gluten, refined sugar and caffeine. It's all stress triggered, so this weekend I am planning to re-balance and get back in to control. My food service box with protein bowls in it arrived yesterday, and I brought one for lunch, so hopefully that will resolve the grabbing something and eating at my desk issue. I'm wanting warm/cooked things for breakfast now, not my acai berry bowl, so I'll need to give that some thought.

As crazy as it's been this week, I have gotten some things accomplished. I'm going to take my laptop home and do a few things over the weekend, so I don't start next week behind, because it's going to be even crazier. Saturday is supposed to be rainy and Sunday not so much, so it's the best of both worlds!

Happy weekend everyone!

I am drowning in work, but am getting some energy back, so I feel like I accomplish things! My scale moved down a bit this morning which is nice to finally see. I think I ought to stop stepping on the scale for a while again.

I am losing some motivation with regard to eating and exercise. On the exercise front I had some foot issues which were bad, but I am determined to start again tonight. And I am still tracking my food. Just the choices I make are getting worse. Need to refocus! Tomorrow will be a challenge as I am meeting friends and their kids for dinner and board games. This is always fun, but there is alcohol and snacks involved and I need to make good decisions. Sunday I will be in the office... But as I said, my energy is coming back to me, so I am positive to make the last third of September count!

I am drowning in work, but am getting some energy back, so I feel like I accomplish things! My scale moved down a bit this morning which is nice to finally see. I think I ought to stop stepping on the scale for a while again.

I am losing some motivation with regard to eating and exercise. On the exercise front I had some foot issues which were bad, but I am determined to start again tonight. And I am still tracking my food. Just the choices I make are getting worse. Need to refocus! Tomorrow will be a challenge as I am meeting friends and their kids for dinner and board games. This is always fun, but there is alcohol and snacks involved and I need to make good decisions. Sunday I will be in the office... But as I said, my energy is coming back to me, so I am positive to make the last third of September count!
Sounds like we're in basically the same spot.. work is impacting our healthy living focus, and yet times of high stress are when we need to take the best care of ourselves. Hang in there!

Sounds like we're in basically the same spot.. work is impacting our healthy living focus, and yet times of high stress are when we need to take the best care of ourselves. Hang in there!

Yes, I thought the same when I read your comment. I posted in the reply field of the previous page. Didn’t add to my post because I needed to go back to work. Now I am heading home, so can post again!!

****Motivation Monday****

The start of another week is here-and we’re all trying to keep focused on our WISH goals. For many of us, it’s hard sometimes to keep that focus with work and family obligations.
Maybe we can come up with some ideas to help each other as we start the last week of September.

When I was working and packing lunches, I found the easiest meals were fruit (apples are good now), a boiled egg or cheese or a couple slices of turkey or chicken breast. I would also pack carrots and celery for a snack-or pre measured almonds. I could portion them out for the week. Not exciting, but be less thing to figure out. I liked getting organized the night before because I’m not a morning person!

The laziest of lazy weekends... I did a few minor things to get ready for being gone next week but that is it. The high light of the weekend was finally getting back on the scale Sunday morning and seeing that my wayward ways during the week didn't result in gaining back any weight.

But already this morning I am off track... so where do I find my motivation for the week? Lordy I don't know, but I sure am looking.

The laziest of lazy weekends... I did a few minor things to get ready for being gone next week but that is it. The high light of the weekend was finally getting back on the scale Sunday morning and seeing that my wayward ways during the week didn't result in gaining back any weight.

But already this morning I am off track... so where do I find my motivation for the week? Lordy I don't know, but I sure am looking.
Sometimes I think we’re making better decisions even if we’re not being as mindful as usual-that good habits have taken hold. I bet you didn’t do as much damage as you thought!

****Motivation Monday****

The start of another week is here-and we’re all trying to keep focused on our WISH goals. For many of us, it’s hard sometimes to keep that focus with work and family obligations.
Maybe we can come up with some ideas to help each other as we start the last week of September.

Lunches are hard for me. I find if I make lunch for a few days at a time, that helps. Last week I made a big portion of cauliflower fried rice with chicken. This week, I plan to grill some chicken to add to daily salads.

I also have about 3 set breakfasts I like to have on hand at all time so I can make the choice to start the day off right.

Good morning, everyone! Here it is, the end of September, October right around the corner, and you know what that means? Pumpkin flavored everything-tea, cookies, cereal, cake, muffins...and here in the Northeast we have apples everywhere. Right now I have 12lbs of apples in my refrigerator!

So, what are some of your favorite pumpkin or apple items that you look forward to when fall arrives?

Did I mention I have 12lbs of apples in the fridge? And another 3lbs of Honeycrisp eating apples??
Today is a cold rainy day, and I will be making applesauce-I like using a variety of apples. Peel, core and thinly slice about 10 apples. Put them in a pot with about a 1/4 cup apple cider and simmer until soft. We like it chunky, but an immersion blender or food processor can smooth it out.

I despise pumpkin flavor anything. I think it is so gross. I will make a pumpkin pie for the holidays but I don't eat any of it. I will eat apples on occasion. It is either granny smith apples with caramel, Fugi with peanut butter (DH introduced this to me over the summer) or just plain red delicious.

I live for pumpkin spice everything. I love the warm spices and use them year round. I found a pumpkin spice mug cake recipe that is keto and low carb that's pretty good, although I keep upping the spices and haven't quite hit perfection yet.

Honeycrisp are my favorite apples and there are some pretty nice looking one in the stores now.

I live for pumpkin spice everything. I love the warm spices and use them year round. I found a pumpkin spice mug cake recipe that is keto and low carb that's pretty good, although I keep upping the spices and haven't quite hit perfection yet.

Honeycrisp are my favorite apples and there are some pretty nice looking one in the stores now.
Could you share that recipe? I love pumpkin as well. I’m looking for a recipe that has the pumpkin pie filling without the crust. I was thinking I might stir some pumpkin into plain yogurt.
The Honeycrisps are only in our farmer’s markets for another week or two, so I bought a couple dozen. They will last a long time if refrigerated. They are our favorite.

Could you share that recipe? I love pumpkin as well. I’m looking for a recipe that has the pumpkin pie filling without the crust. I was thinking I might stir some pumpkin into plain yogurt.
The Honeycrisps are only in our farmer’s markets for another week or two, so I bought a couple dozen. They will last a long time if refrigerated. They are our favorite.

Pumpkin Mug Cake/Bread
2T almond flour
1T coconut flour
1T oil
1 egg
2T pumpkin puree
1 to 2t alternative sweetener
1/8t baking soda
1/4t pumpkin spice...I'm to almost double and will go with a little more next time

I'm also stirring in some candied ginger... I know, it has sugar on it but very little, and put some dried blue berries in one time.

Mix everything together in a mug and microwave for 60 to 90 seconds... you can also spray the inside of the mug to make sure it comes out in one pece, if desired.

****Woo-hoo Wednesday!****

Good morning! The biggest woo-hoo of my week is that it stopped raining and I could eat breakfast on my deck! I also got out for a walk yesterday and should be able to take one this afternoon. I also got on the scale this morning and after being away 10 days, I did not gain any weight. So I am back into losing mode (2 more lbs) and then maintaining. That will be the hard part. Staying on these boards to be accountable and motivated by your successes!

Which reminds me-we will need someone to take over this Monday-October will be here!
Any volunteers? I really enjoyed doing this!

Pumpkin Mug Cake/Bread
2T almond flour
1T coconut flour
1T oil
1 egg
2T pumpkin puree
1/8t baking soda
1/4t pumpkin spice...I'm to almost double and will go with a little more next time

I'm also stirring in some candied ginger... I know, it has sugar on it but very little, and put some dried blue berries in one time.

Mix everything together in a mug and microwave for 60 to 90 seconds... you can also spray the inside of the mug to make sure it comes out in one pece, if desired.

Thank you so much for this recipe. I was using the full size Keto pumpkin cream cheese bundt cake recipe. This is so much better.

I’m going to share this article I came across-I found some of it very thought provoking.
One thing I found sad, however, was that these young people seemed to be resigned to living at what most of us consider to be an unhealthy weight-300+lbs. I don’t doubt that they don’t have health issues right now-but I don’t see many people my age at that weight that look very happy. Where are the studies of 60 year olds who are carrying that weight?
Anyway, check it out if you get a chance-if nothing else it confirms what a complicated issue obesity and weight loss can be.

Highline.huffingtonpost.com

I am sorry that I have been so silent the last few days. Work is really stressful at the moment, so much to do. And I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with all I have on my plate. Not really doing well eating wise nor exercise wise and feel like I need to get my act together. But it is hard when you are tired all the time. One of the worst things about being tired is that I find it far more difficult to go to bed early and sleep when I am exhausted. I know, strange, but that has always been one of my problems.

Anyway, tonight I get to babysit a friend's 5-year-old which should be a fun distraction!!

I’m going to share this article I came across-I found some of it very thought provoking.
One thing I found sad, however, was that these young people seemed to be resigned to living at what most of us consider to be an unhealthy weight-300+lbs. I don’t doubt that they don’t have health issues right now-but I don’t see many people my age at that weight that look very happy. Where are the studies of 60 year olds who are carrying that weight?
Anyway, check it out if you get a chance-if nothing else it confirms what a complicated issue obesity and weight loss can be.

Highline.huffingtonpost.com

I think the link did not carry over?

Pumpkin Mug Cake/Bread
2T almond flour
1T coconut flour
1T oil
1 egg
2T pumpkin puree
1/8t baking soda

Thank you for sharing this! I am definitely going to add this in to my routine. Currently eating Honeycrisp apples like they are going out of existence :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts