A Spookalicious October PDR! Just when you think things are set in stone...

New Zealand
Seared Sea Scallop with Kumara Red Curry Puree and Apple Radish Salad
l.jpg
(picture from yelp.com)
Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney

I love scallops so this will be a must-eat for me!

Poland
Kielbasa & Potato Pierogie with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream
Zapiekanki-Toasted Mushroom, Caramelized Onion and Cheese Bread with House Made Ketchup

If German food leaves my stomach a little unsettled, then Polish food leaves it darn upset! If someone offers me their pierogie I will accept, but that's all.

Scandinavia
Taste of Scandinavia: Cured Salmon, Herring and Shrimp Salad
Swedish Meatballs with Lingonberries
Rice Pudding with Driscoll's® Only The Finest Berries™

I'm not sure I will stop here either. I can do the counter service in Norway ok, but anything that mentions berries I get nervous about since I don't know what's got strawberry in it.

Singapore
Beef Rendang with Jasmine Rice
singapore-beef.jpg
(picture from Disneyfoodblog)
Seared Mahi Mahi with Jasmine Rice and "Singa" Sauce

I really like the sound of both these dishes, so I hope I can share with one of my friends and sample instead of eating both portions. I don't know how I am going to do this, lol!

South Africa
Seared Filet of Beef with Smashed Sweet Potatoes and Braai Sauce
South-Africa-Beef-with-sweet-potatoes.jpg
(picture from Disneyfoodblog)
Spinach and Paneer Cheese Pocket

I am in love with the beef dish. Another one where I am not going to be inclined to share!

South Korea
Lettuce Wrap with Roast Pork and Kimchi Slaw
Mung Bean Pancake with Shrimp and Kimchi Sauce

I have recently branched out into trying more Korean dishes, but so far I've only had beef Bibim Bap. Maybe I will try something here, but only if someone wants to share.

Terra
Trick'n Chick'n Curry with Basmati Rice featuring Gardein Chick'n Breast
Chili Colorado with House Made Chips & Cashew Cheese, featuring Gardein Beefless Tips
Chocolate Cake with Passion Fruit Sorbet and Coconut Foam

I will eat Morningstar Farms prodicts but I haven't heard of Gardein. Not too sure that I will visit this booth, but I am very glad to see that my vegetarian and vegan friends will have more options and can enjoy Food and Wine Fest just as much as the omnivores.

So, let's recap, shall we? Here's the final food list.
Shrimp on the Barbie with Pepper Berry Citrus Glaze
Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies
Lamington
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
Chicken Chipotle Sausage with Sweet Corn Polenta and "Minus 8" Onion Jam
"Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce
Bacardi® Frozen Dragon Berry Colada
Bacardi® Torched Cherry Frozen Cherry Limeade
Fondue with sourdough bread
Moët & Chandon Rosé Impérial
Florida Shrimp Ceviche with Fire Roasted Vegetables, Fried Plantains and Cilantro
Sparkling Pomegranate Kir
Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll
Apple Strudel with Karamel-Vanilla Sauce
Griddled Greek Cheese with Pistachios and Honey
Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki
Spanakopita
Linda Bean's® Lobster Claw Cuddler® Chilled with Herb Mayonnaise
Linda Bean's® Perfect Maine Lobster Roll®
Linda Bean's® Maine Home Style Clam Chowder
Pumpkin Mousse with Craisins and Orange Sauce
Samuel Adams Boston Lager®
Samuel Adams® Seasonal
Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey's Ganache
Sukiyaki Beef Pan
Crispy Shrimp Taco with Chipotle Lime Mayo and Cabbage Served on a Flour Tortilla
Taco de Filete with Cascabel Pepper Sauce and Scallions Served on a Flour Tortilla
Natilla de Cajeta
Baklava
Seared Sea Scallop with Kumara Red Curry Puree and Apple Radish Salad
Beef Rendang with Jasmine Rice
Seared Mahi Mahi with Jasmine Rice and "Singa" Sauce
Seared Filet of Beef with Smashed Sweet Potatoes and Braai Sauce

That's rediculous and I know there's no way that between one afternoon and one evening I will get all that done without breaking the bank and splitting my pants. But, at least that's a good list to start from!

I'm in!

That Dragonberry Colada is fantastic...I drank a lot of them last year. :) Drink one for me on my birthday (the 25th!)

Jill in CO

What would you compare that drink to? I am curious about it, very curious!

Hmmm, sort of a cross between strawberry daiquiri and pina colada but no coconut or strawberry taste. :) Sort of sweet and berry-y. I'm really no help. :)

Jill in CO

I'm in!

That Dragonberry Colada is fantastic...I drank a lot of them last year. :) Drink one for me on my birthday (the 25th!)

Jill in CO

I will if I am able to drink it without an allergic reaction. I can't have strawberries so if they use them in this drink I will have to go with the cherry limeade instead.

Hmmm, sort of a cross between strawberry daiquiri and pina colada but no coconut or strawberry taste. :) Sort of sweet and berry-y. I'm really no help. :)

Jill in CO

I think sweet and berry-y is a great description, lol!

Thanks for joining in you two!!! Only 28 more days to go!

Oh my goodness!!! You are killin' me with those fabulous food pics! I love the snack size portions so it makes it much easier to hit up a dozen or more places!

How exciting that you are getting so close to your trip! :banana:

I found a map on the Disney Food Blog of where the kiosks are this year. So I have formulated my plan of attack! Here we go.....

Thoroughly Meat Thursday
At 11 a.m. sharp I will be waiting outside the Canada booth. I think this is going to be one of the most popular booths and (cue Aerosmith music) I don't wanna miss a thing. So this will be my first stop for the Canadian Trifecta- Mushroom Filet, Spicy chicken sausage, and cheddar cheese soup with an ice cold Moosehead.

11:15 a.m. Go directly to Greece, which is right across from Canada, for some Spanikopita and Griddled Greek Cheese

11:20 a.m. Continue clockwise around the front of the WS to the Caribbean marketplace for a torched cherry limeade. P.s.- did you all see the video of the featured beverages on the Disney Parks Blog??? How cure is the Cherry Limeade souvenir glass for the 30th anniversary of EPCOT! Must purchase!

11:30 a.m. Walk across the way to the Australia booth for another three course meal. Shrimp on the barbie, lamb chop with mint pesto, and sweet Lamington cake for dessert. G'day!

11:45 a.m. Peruse the Mexico pavilion and stop into La Cava Del Tequila for a beverage.

12:20 p.m. Tour the Norway and China pavilions while walking off some of my elevensies (and perhaps lowering my BAC)

1:10 p.m. Time for Second Lunch! Hit up South Africa for braised beef with mashed sweet potato.

1:20 p.m. Grab a Spaten or Oktoberfest, brat in a pretzel roll, and apple strudel from the Germany marketplace.

1:45 p.m. Tour the Germany, American Adventure (this time maybe I'll stay for the show after Voices of Liberty) and Italy pavilions.

2:30 p.m. Wrap up the afternoon glutton-fest at Tutto Gusto (or, as I like to call it, The Wine Nook) with a wine flight, backtrack to the Cheese kiosk for fondue and baguette, then make my way back to Pop for a much needed nap!

And now for part 2...

Seafood Saturday
11:00 a.m. Start at Irelandfor fisherman's pie and a bailey's chocolate cake.

11:20 a.m. Browse around the Canada, UK, and France pavilions

1:20 p.m. lunch reservation at Les Chefs De France (very excited!)

I am hoping I will be hungry again around 4:30/5 p.m. at the latest. I've built in a lot more time between booths since it is going to be extremely and grotesquely crowded.

4:45 p.m. Start at Hops and Barley for either a lobster roll or cuddler, whichever one they are not out of yet. If they still have both I will go with the claaaawwwww and some clam chowder. Not to mention a beverage courtesy of my friend Sammy Adams.

5:15 p.m. Pop into the Florida local booth for the delish sounding rock shrimp ceviche with fire roasted veggies.

5:45 p.m. It's seared scallop time at the New Zealand booth followed by a trip next door to Belgium for mussels and a baguette! I will likely need to get a beer or wine or other such amazingness at this time too, just don't know where.

Also, I will be doing live food updates during my trip on this really nifty thread here: ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998319 Be sure to check out all the awesome live updates. As you will see from the first post, there are a LOT of us in WDW this fall and I can't wait to see all the up-to-the-minute food gossip.

:cool1:
Let's get this TWO WEEK DANCE started!
:cool1:

It's getting closer and closer now, and it's time to start playing Fudge That Budget! Today's contestant, 29-year old Disney food lover and penny pinching late 20-something Career Counselor, Nikki! :wave2:

Let's get started with our Dining Plan breakdown:
6 TS Credits
6 CS Credits
6 Snacks
$81 on Disney Visa Rewards card (let's not talk about how it got to $81 ok?)
$100 for oop food expenditures
$50 souvenir budget

Can she do it? Let's play...

I've started by pricing out the booths that I plan to order the most food from. For example:
Australia
Shrimp on the Barbie with Pepper Berry Citrus Glaze - $4.75, DDP Snack Eligible
Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies - $5.75, DDP Snack Eligible
Lamington - $3.00, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible
Canada
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - $4.00, DDP Snack Eligible
Chicken Chipotle Sausage with Sweet Corn Polenta and “Minus 8″ Onion Jam - $4.25, DDP Snack Eligible
“Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce - $6.50, DDP Snack Eligible
Greece
Griddled Greek Cheese with Pistachios and Honey - $3.25, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible
Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki - $4.25, DDP Snack Eligible
Spanakopita - $4.00, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible

Australia Total:13.50
Canada Total: 15.25
Greece Total: 11.50

Since I can use a CS credit at F&W Fest booths for three items, I will use a CS credit at Canada, the most expensive booth that adds up to more than a meal at CHH would cost oop. For Greece, that's an easy one that I can put on the Rewards Card. And so on and so forth around the Food and Wine Fest we go...

Snack Credits
For the 6 snack credits, I have broken them down as such:
Linda Bean’s® Lobster Claw Cuddler® Chilled with Herb Mayonnaise - $6.50, DDP Snack Eligible
Lobster and Seafood Fisherman’s Pie - $6.00, DDP Snack Eligible
Seared Filet of Beef with Smashed Sweet Potatoes and Braai Sauce - $5.00, DDP Snack Eligible
Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel? (are these a snack? I can't find it listed if it is)
2 unused credits- will save these for random items as I get hungry. My general rule is only use a snack credit on something $4.00 and above and not on drinks!

Other Counter Service Meals
Everything Pop Tues. dinner
Contempo Cafe Wed. lunch
Cosmic Ray's Wed. Dinner
Starring Rolls or Pizza Planet Sun. lunch

Table Service Meals
'Ohana Thurs. dinner
Kona Cafe Fri. breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern Fri. dinner
Chefs de France Sat. lunch
Grand Floridian Cafe Sun. dinner
Boma Mon. breakfast

Disney Visa Rewards
Alcohol at some dinners and Food & Wine Fest
Food and Wine Fest items under $4

OOP Food Expenses
Granola bars/Pop Tarts (bought before leaving Syracuse, but part of the budget nonetheless)
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
Dole Whips
School Bread

Souvenirs
I will need to rein in my souvenir spending this trip. So I've narrowed it down to three must-have items and one maybe:
EPCOT 30th anniversary light up glass
Blue Food and Wine Fest t-shirt
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party t-shirt
(and if I'm under food budget) A ceramic mug of some kind

Can I do it without going over? I've never been any good at estimating a budget and I can never win at Price is Right when I try to guess at home. I just hope I come home with enough to pay my rent for November!

Great start! Loving your PDR! :wave2:
Those photos are making me hungry! The chocolate pudding from Ireland... almost has my name on it! :rotfl:

Really excited to hear how it goes. We are going next year just after you. Yup... we have a whole year or so to wait :badpc:

Can't wait to hear how it went! Only a few weeks now, right?! :cheer2:

Great start! Loving your PDR! :wave2:
Those photos are making me hungry! The chocolate pudding from Ireland... almost has my name on it! :rotfl:

Really excited to hear how it goes. We are going next year just after you. Yup... we have a whole year or so to wait :badpc:

Can't wait to hear how it went! Only a few weeks now, right?! :cheer2:

Thanks for joining! I can't believe it's less than two weeks now until I arrive at Pop! So excited!

:cheer2::cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::jumping1::jumping2::rainbow::bounce::sulley::tigger::goofy::maleficen::ccat::donald::simba::flower1::

Who would like to join me in doing the single digit dance?

Yesterday was my 10 day window so I checked-in online! Boy does that make this all feel so much more real! I've also done some preliminary packing (re: putting things in piles) and made my to-do-before-i-leave and to-pack lists. I know these belong more in a PTR than a PDR, but the PTR I started over a year ago no one reads so I may as well put it here. It's got to be dining related somehow. How about "Gee, my trip is so close I can taste it!"

To-Do-Before-I-Leave list
Notify bank that I'm traveling and please don't shut off my bank card!
Print out NSSHP ticket
Charge camera
Take out money and get singles for tips
Call to activate Rewards Card
Pay some bills
Gas up the car
Cash a check and mail a package
Deposit a check
Laundry
Pack

To Pack list
Sunscreen
Singles
Travel size toiletries
sneakers and sandals
camera and charger
cotton balls and earring cleaner solution
put a change of clothes in carry on bag
Laptop and charger
NSSHP ticket and travel docs
Books
Swim suit
Breakfast bars
Ponchos
Park bag
reusable water bottle
Clothes for all weather

Whew! It seems like a lot. Not only do I have all that, I also am at a conference from the 19th to 23rd and leaving for Orlando straight from that conference. So I also have to bring all my things for this trip with me on top of professional clothes.

So here's another change to report, lol. But the great news is, I've added a reservation instead of cancelling one! Wednesday during my MK day I will now be eating lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern! I will be having dinner here later in my trip but I've never been here for lunch and really want to try that Toffee Cake everyone raves about. So now my dining plans look like this:

Tuesday October 23
Dinner at Everything Pop, use 1 CS credit

Wednesday October 24
12:50 p.m. lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, use 1 TS credit
Dinner at Cosmic Ray's, use 1 CS credit

Thursday October 25
Lunch at Food and Wine Fest, use 1 CS credit and 3 SC
6:45 p.m. dinner at 'Ohana, use 1 TS credit

Friday October 26
8:35 a.m. breakfast at Kona Cafe, pay oop
Lunch at Lunching Pad in MK, use 1 SC for cream cheese pretzel
5:35 p.m. dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern, use 1 TS credit

Saturday October 27
1:50 p.m. lunch at Les Chefs de France, use 1 TS credit
Dinner at Food & Wine Fest, use 2 CS credits & 1 SC

Sunday October 28
Breakfast of School Bread snagged the night before, use 1 SC
Lunch at Toy Story Pizza Planet, use 1 CS credit
6:45 p.m. dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe, use 1 TS credit

Monday October 29
9:55 a.m. brunch at Boma, use 1 TS Credit

8 days now!

I really need to learn that nothing can be set in stone, even a week before your trip! Remember that time I said, long ago, that there would be NO more changes? I must have been hallucinating because not only did I make a change (albeit for the better) yesterday, I have made ANOTHER change today! But I think it's a pretty good one.

Boma is OUT on Monday the 29th. What I thought might be a relaxing morning of brunch before my departure has now turned into an early morning at.....

Animal Kingdom! :simba:

Apparently I completely missed the detail that AK has early EMH the 29th. I didn't think I'd have time for a park this day since my ME pickup will be sometime around 1 p.m., meaning I'd only have 2 hours if the parks open at 9 a.m. BUT now that I know AK will open at 8, I've decided to cancel Boma and pay the $10 to add a 6th day to my ticket. Now I don't have to pay OOP for any meals and the cost to add another day to my park pass is cheaper than what I would have paid OOP for even the least expensive meal on my ADR list. So now my plans look like this:

Tuesday October 23
Dinner at Everything Pop, use 1 CS credit

Wednesday October 24
12:50 p.m. lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, use 1 TS credit
Dinner at Cosmic Ray's, use 1 CS credit

Thursday October 25
Lunch at Food and Wine Fest, use 1 CS credit and 3 SC
6:45 p.m. dinner at 'Ohana, use 1 TS credit

Friday October 26
8:35 a.m. breakfast at Kona Cafe, use 1 TS credit
Lunch at Lunching Pad in MK, use 1 SC for cream cheese pretzel
5:35 p.m. dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern, use 1 TS credit

Saturday October 27
1:50 p.m. lunch at Les Chefs de France, use 1 TS credit
Dinner at Food & Wine Fest, use 1 CS credit & 1 SC

Sunday October 28
Breakfast of School Bread snagged the night before, use 1 SC
Lunch at Toy Story Pizza Planet, use 1 CS credit
6:45 p.m. dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe, use 1 TS credit

Monday October 29
Early breakfast at Everything Pop, use 1 CS credit

I would like to say that NO MORE CHANGES are coming my way, but I can't guarantee it, lol. I'm such a planner and really dislike changes but I'm not freaking out about these changes as much as I normally would!

OMG I LEAVE IN 2 DAYS! :dance3:

Hope you all will follow along with live updates in the Coming To You Live thread that jabead is organizing. It's the best thread in the Dining Reviews, IMHO. I'll post a more detailed dining report when I get back the 29th. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter