A simply sensational summer solo trip ~ August '22 edition! Completed 12/17

Love, love, love your dress! That's one of my favorite ones from the Dress Shoppe. I'm always browsing, but haven't actually bought one of my own yet.

Pin Trading used to be one of my must-dos, but I find that lately I just end up buying a pin or two to commemorate each trip rather than actually trading anymore. I Love that you were able to pass along a pin to the little girl who was just getting her collection started :)

Perfect DHS morning!

Your accuracy is way better than mine! And I can never beat the Mrs.! Still very much enjoying your tri and looking forward to the next chapter!
If only I could hit the high value targets! I am glad you are enjoying reading along. :) I will be sure to pop over to your TR too!
You post such helpful pictures of food! I've wanted to try that vegetable skewer, now even more so! I'll definitely try it on my next solo trip in January.
Thank you! It was absolutely delcious!!! Probably one of my favourite things I ate the entire trip actually.
I love your pictures. I would love to stay there someday. The GF is in my top 3 resorts! I love the two actual beds in a studio, that is perfect.
It was really lovely. :goodvibes
I can agree from experience yum yum 😋
So good, right???
How nice! The dress is really cute and does look comfortable!
Thank you! It was a halter neck with ties but I had it altered to shoulder straps which I prefer.
Andi was such an avid pin collector for many years! Her lanyard is full of memories! Great find with the Country Bear pins and how nice to share the pin trading with the little girl!
I remember Andi's fabulous lanyards! So many awesome memories!
What a great update!
You look gorgeous in your dress. It really suits you and even better that it brought some pixie dust your way.
I rode MMRR for the first time this summer and also fell in love with it. My boys were with me and we were all laughing as our “cars” danced together. I was a huge fan of the GMR but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved its replacement.
HS has so much going for it now with all the new stuff but Toy Story Land holds so many memories for us as a family as both boys were really into the movies. My grandson now plays with all their old Toy Story toys and I get to start another generation off on a love for Disney ❤️
Thank you so much! I am such a dress girl. :) My secret is the sweat wicking bike shorts to wear underneath. They keep me cool and fresh, lol! MMRR is really special isn't it?

My GMR story is from our first trip when the twins were only six. Jamie was petrified at the aliens part and when we got off the ride he looked up at me and said "Mummy, you must really hate me, make me do that bad ride." I felt awful.....poor little fellow!
We've had terrible bus luck at GF. You would think they would try a little harder to get it right for this resort since it is the flagship.

I love the Frozen show, too. We had a new historian the last time we were there, and he was really good.

Your dress is adorable. That was nice of the CM to give some good pixie dust. :)

Toy Story Mania is one of my favorite rides. I think MMRR is fun, too. Both of these are rides that I never seem to get tired of. :)
I was shocked at how bad the bus service was for GF!

The Frozen show is the best. :goodvibes

Thank you! I was blown away by the CM's generousity. :)

We can definitely go to HS together, Sue! We would like all the same things!

This is my favorite ride too.
Love ToT!
And this is my favorite treat at DHS. I try to bring one home each trip.
I wish I had the willpower to bring one home but mine is always devoured!
This is a family favorite for us too. I think DH is the biggest fan of all of us.
It's such fun! Love all the more "adult" humour.
Love, love, love your dress! That's one of my favorite ones from the Dress Shoppe. I'm always browsing, but haven't actually bought one of my own yet.
Thanks Jackie! I have 8 of them and really love them. I will add you to my "Disney Dress Shoppe" FB group as you can find some dresses resale there. I've had luck getting some of the older dresses that way.
Pin Trading used to be one of my must-dos, but I find that lately I just end up buying a pin or two to commemorate each trip rather than actually trading anymore. I Love that you were able to pass along a pin to the little girl who was just getting her collection started :)
I love to trade at the boards. I get a little nervous with some of the more serious collectors as they are VERY into it. I do have one board organized by years that has our resort and any special events we did that trip. You know we kindergarten educators are always drawn to the littles. :goodvibes Hope your class is going well this year. Our new students are sweet. ❤️

I had to travel unexpectedly to PEI for a family funeral as my aunt passed away.
So sorry for your loss.
So now, let me spam you with pictures!
Did you post these on FB? They look awful familiar....
Not a fan of the Keurig or the beverage cooler, please bring a full coffee pot and real refridgerator back.
Is this a studio thing? We only stay in one bedrooms and they have real coffee pots.
As someone who was in high school in the 80's, Air Supply was in constant rotation.
I went to HS in the 80s too, but I can't even name one song by Aur Supply. Then again I went back to the 60s mostly in the 80s.
I decided I needed dessert next so went to Ireland for the chocolate lava cake with Bailey's cream sauce. It was divine!
I love that dessert. I need to go back at F&W time. It's been too long!

Sadly, the bus gods were not on my side and I ended up waiting for 25 minutes and didn't arrive at the park until about 8:10.
That's so frustrating! Especially when they're supposed to arrive every 20 minutes!
And then I got the best surprise of some lovely Disney pixie dust as the CM told me my order was on Mickey as she liked my dress!
That's awesome!
The dress in question was my teal park icons dress from Disney Dress Shoppe!
You are definitely rocking that dress. I can't wear that pattern, it just doesn't suit my body type and other elements.
With some time to kill, I headed over to the Frozen show.
I have not seen this. For some reason we have just never made it in there.
One of my favourite parts of the TSMM queue is the scrabble board ceiling and the barrel of monkeys. It's such fun!
It's amazing how different the queue for this is in California, but I guess it's the theming for the lands that each ride is in.
Did I mention I suck at TSMM?
Come to California and I will give you some pointers!
Now it was time for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad! Can you believe this was the first time I rode this?
I only rode it for the first time in February. I really like it too!
Primo Piatto was excellent!
I'm glad you enjoyed it. We weren't quite as happy with our selections when we ate there.

My GMR story is from our first trip when the twins were only six. Jamie was petrified at the aliens part and when we got off the ride he looked up at me and said "Mummy, you must really hate me, make me do that bad ride." I felt awful.....poor little fellow!
Poor Jamie 🤣
On our first trip I took my daughter ( aged 4) on BTMRR as the guidebooks said it was the coaster to try first to see if kids would like them and she was such a wee daredevil so I thought she’d love it. Well she got off the coaster and ran to her dad shouting “mum tried to kill me” 🤣. She was convinced she’d fall out of the carriage every time it turned a corner. Think I traumatised her for life as she’s never gone on it though she has done SM.

Last edited:
Did you post these on FB? They look awful familiar....
I sure did! :)
Is this a studio thing? We only stay in one bedrooms and they have real coffee pots.
This is only at the resort studios at the Grand so far. I would be very upset if they chose this model for other resorts.
I love that dessert. I need to go back at F&W time. It's been too long!
Nothing like F&W!
That's so frustrating! Especially when they're supposed to arrive every 20 minutes!
Right?????
You are definitely rocking that dress. I can't wear that pattern, it just doesn't suit my body type and other elements.
Thank you! I loved that dress but it definitely fit better after having it altered to shoulder straps. Now I know you look awesome in the wiggle dresses but I can't wear those at all.
I have not seen this. For some reason we have just never made it in there.
You two would love it!!
Come to California and I will give you some pointers!
Loooking at summer 2024 to celebrate our 25th!
Poor Jamie 🤣
On our first trip I took my daughter ( aged 4) on BTMRR as the guidebooks said it was the coaster to try first to see if kids would like them and she was such a wee daredevil so I thought she’d love it. Well she got off the coaster and ran to her dad shouting “mum tried to kill me” 🤣. She was convinced she’d fall out of the carriage every time it turned a corner. Think I traumatised her for life as she’s never gone on it though she has done SM.
Oh no! Your poor girl!

Did you really have a Dismeet if there's no picture?

I headed into MK and was delighted to see the Dapper Dans performing outside the Emporium. I do have videos but can"t quite figure out how to add them?

I had been texting with @pkondz as he and his daughter Elle were on the last day of their Disney trip. They were over on Carousel of Progress so I camped out by the People Mover to wait for them. I don't think they saw me there and they were walking towards Cosmic Rays when I walked up behind them and tapped Pkondz on the shoulder. A little awkward but oh well! We had a great chat about our respective trips before we headed off for our Genie+ reservations. They were heading to Under the Sea while I had a date with Winnie the Pooh. :) He may have photographic evidence as we did snap a selfie with Elle but it's on his phone, not mine.

I knew I wanted to come back to MK that evening for fireworks so I decided to go back to the resort for a little relaxation. After a nice refreshing shower, I curled up in my robe with HGTV and my carrot cake cookie. I was definitely ready for air conditioning after being in the sun all day.
IMG_1430.JPEG

Feeling rested and refreshed, I began to think about dinner. I decided to head to the lounge at Steakhouse 71 to try out some of their apps. I absolutely loved the fun retro decor and the ambiance at the bar. I decided to start out with a delcious cocktail and went with the Raspberry Gin Sour (Tanqueray No. Ten Gin, Lemon Juice, Raspberry Sage Syrup). This was very well balanced and flavourful.
IMG_1431.JPEG
For my first app I went for the infamous Bacon and Eggs (Maple-lacquered Pork Belly, Smoked Cheese Grits, Perfect Egg) and it was divine! The flavours worked perfectly together and the pork belly just melted in my mouth. IMG_1432.JPEG
I met a super nice couple at the bar who were also DVC members. So Tom and Jan, if you're reading this, I'll see you at Geyser Point in December! We chatted away and I decided to go for another app, choosing the yummy Onion rings this time.

IMG_1433.JPEG
I almost decided to go for dessert but I had Dole Whip on my mind. So I said goodbye to my new friends and made my way to MK. I have to say I love the walkway from the Contemporary!

And what did I choose to upon entering MK? IASW of course! I have to do it at least once each trip.
IMG_1434.JPEG

I headed over to the castle by the Adventureland bridge side to watch Enchantment next. This was the first night they were showing the new begining with Walt and Mickey and it was a big improvement. Still no HEA but definitely better than before.

Now a delicious Dole Whip was calling my name. Of course I went for the pineapple coconut swirl, so good!
IMG_1445.JPEG

A little late night sweatly selfie before heading to Pirates as the last ride of the night. It had been another long but very fun day!
IMG_1446.JPEG

It was time to head to bed as I had an early morning date with my very favourite park. Do you know which one it is?

I decided to start out with a delcious cocktail and went with the Raspberry Gin Sour (Tanqueray No. Ten Gin, Lemon Juice, Raspberry Sage Syrup). This was very well balanced and flavourful.
That drink looks delicious. I might have to find a reason to stop at Steakhouse 71. :)
It had been another long but very fun day!
You knocked off three parks in one day. That's pretty good. :)
We love the walking path between MK and GF. It is a game changer for us. :)

I had been texting with @pkondz as he and his daughter Elle were on the last day of their Disney trip. They were over on Carousel of Progress so I camped out by the People Mover to wait for them. I don't think they saw me there and they were walking towards Cosmic Rays when I walked up behind them and tapped Pkondz on the shoulder. A little awkward but oh well! We had a great chat about our respective trips before we headed off for our Genie+ reservations. They were heading to Under the Sea while I had a date with Winnie the Pooh. :) He may have photographic evidence as we did snap a selfie with Elle but it's on his phone, not mine.

So happy you got to meet @pkondz and Elle. Hopefully your picture will make his trip report. Sounds like he was off to see his girlfriend Ariel.

Feeling rested and refreshed, I began to think about dinner. I decided to head to the lounge at Steakhouse 71 to try out some of their apps.

Nice light and refreshing meal.

Now a delicious Dole Whip was calling my name. Of course I went for the pineapple coconut swirl, so good!

This is my kind of dessert.

I really love your solo trip reports. They allow me to dream along and fantasize about what I’d do on my own solo adventure. I usually take a couple of hours out on our long family trips so I do get a wee taster of what it’s like but the pleasure of whole days doing whatever you fancy when you fancy it sounds amazing.
You squeezed so much into your day. Dismeets, tasty treats, rides and fireworks - I’m betting you’d no trouble getting to sleep. Looking forward to tomorrow’s adventures.

That drink looks delicious. I might have to find a reason to stop at Steakhouse 71. :)
It was so good! The lounge is a terrific spot for a drink and a bite to eat. It will definitely be a go to for me on a MK day. :)
So happy you got to meet @pkondz and Elle. Hopefully your picture will make his trip report. Sounds like he was off to see his girlfriend Ariel.
For sure, he loves his favourite redhead!
Nice light and refreshing meal.
It was excellent. I had never had grits before but they were so creamy and delicious with the poached egg.
Following!
:welcome:Thanks for joining in!
I really love your solo trip reports. They allow me to dream along and fantasize about what I’d do on my own solo adventure. I usually take a couple of hours out on our long family trips so I do get a wee taster of what it’s like but the pleasure of whole days doing whatever you fancy when you fancy it sounds amazing.
You squeezed so much into your day. Dismeets, tasty treats, rides and fireworks - I’m betting you’d no trouble getting to sleep. Looking forward to tomorrow’s adventures.
Thanks Moira! I really hope you get a solo trip one day. Even if you flew over a few days before the fam. It really is such an incredible experience. Besides, what Mama doesn't need time just for herself?

Even though I ended up waiting a long 65 minutes for Slinky, it was worth it.

I think Slinky is worth an hour wait, if it's not too hot outside.

I got the best surprise of some lovely Disney pixie dust as the CM told me my order was on Mickey as she liked my dress!

How sweet! It is a lovely dress.

I love this show and always have such a good time.

It's good that DHS has an indoor show families can go to since Little Mermaid never came back.

There was a sweet little girl doing her first trades so I asked her mom if it was ok to let her choose a pin from my lanyard of traders.

Very nice of you. Hope she picked a good pin. :goodvibes

Well, it was completely adorable and I had the biggest smile on my face the whole time.

I'm glad you enjoyed MMRR!

The one from Peter Pan has my whole heart!

Agreed! It's stunning. Landon and Evie loved Peter Pan as toddlers and getting the opportunity to live in England for a few years, I've got a soft spot for PP.

Following!!🙂🍦
:welcome:Glad to have you following along!
I think Slinky is worth an hour wait, if it's not too hot outside.
It was worth it but it was also HOT! I really wished I had remembered to pack a cooling towel that day.
It's good that DHS has an indoor show families can go to since Little Mermaid never came back.
I have never seen the Little Mermaid show but I love the Frozen one. It's great that the historians includes adult references to keep the show fun for us too.
Animal Kingdom?
:thumbsup2

Aww, how nice that you were able to meet up with @pkondz and Elle! I was able to meet her on the Epic Dis girls trip a few years ago, and they are simply delightful!

Your meal and drink sound like perfection. I could go for one of those drinks right about now, as we are kicking off "Spirit Week" today and all my littles are dressed for today's theme, Manic Monday. They're a little wild to say the least! :)

Now it was time for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad! Can you believe this was the first time I rode this? Well, it was completely adorable and I had the biggest smile on my face the whole time. Yes, there will always big a part of me that misses the the Great Movie Ride but I did love MMRR. Especially the fireworks scene at the end!
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'm looking forward to experiencing it myself, but I'm a little bit sad about losing TGMR.
And what did I choose to upon entering MK? IASW of course! I have to do it at least once each trip.
Can't knock a classic! Even if it does include an earworm.
A little late night sweatly selfie before heading to Pirates as the last ride of the night. It had been another long but very fun day!
Honestly, that was really a big day! Hard to believe you were able to do so much and even take a break in middle of the day!

Those appetizers looked so good. I feel like I will never have time to try all the lounges. I think a lounge crawl would be fun...have to go with DisPeeps who understand the appeal of this over just making a dinner reservation.

Aww, how nice that you were able to meet up with @pkondz and Elle! I was able to meet her on the Epic Dis girls trip a few years ago, and they are simply delightful!
Agreed! Plus Elle is a a fellow educator. :)
Your meal and drink sound like perfection. I could go for one of those drinks right about now, as we are kicking off "Spirit Week" today and all my littles are dressed for today's theme, Manic Monday. They're a little wild to say the least! :)
Did you have school Monday? I thought it was a long wekeend in the US too. It was Thanksgiving here and I ate more than is conceivably good for one person. Then when we went back to school on Tuesday it was our first field trip since pre Covid days. So lots of excitement with our littles too. :) Manic Monday sounds fun ~ were the people planning Bangles fans?

Definitely put that drink on your list for next trip...it was very well done.
Honestly, that was really a big day! Hard to believe you were able to do so much and even take a break in middle of the day!
So much easier to pack stuff in on a solo trip. No one is telling you they are tired or want to do something different.
Those appetizers looked so good. I feel like I will never have time to try all the lounges. I think a lounge crawl would be fun...have to go with DisPeeps who understand the appeal of this over just making a dinner reservation.
That's why you need to meet up with your Disfriends for a trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter