A simply sensational summer solo trip ~ August '22 edition! Completed 12/17

Did you have school Monday? I thought it was a long wekeend in the US too. It was Thanksgiving here and I ate more than is conceivably good for one person. Then when we went back to school on Tuesday it was our first field trip since pre Covid days. So lots of excitement with our littles too. :) Manic Monday sounds fun ~ were the people planning Bangles fans?
Most schools were off for Columbus Day/Indigenous People's Day; however, my principal makes our school calendar and usually has us in school for that day!!

The whole spirit week has an 80's spin to it because the 8th grade class chose Stranger Things: Hawkins Homecoming for their Homecoming dance theme. Today, they're in 80's or Stranger Things attire. Would you believe one of my five year olds is actually dressed as a Demogorgon? Yuck. My Jimmy is in 8th grade and has no clue about anything related to Stranger Things, so was not happy with his class's homecoming choice. He's wearing a Def Leppard 1983 shirt instead LOL

Love your apps and drink at Steakhouse 71- my kind of meal! What a fun, full day! Can't wait to hear about your favorite park- my guess is Epcot?

The whole spirit week has an 80's spin to it because the 8th grade class chose Stranger Things: Hawkins Homecoming for their Homecoming dance theme. Today, they're in 80's or Stranger Things attire. Would you believe one of my five year olds is actually dressed as a Demogorgon? Yuck. My Jimmy is in 8th grade and has no clue about anything related to Stranger Things, so was not happy with his class's homecoming choice. He's wearing a Def Leppard 1983 shirt instead LOL
I like Jimmy's taste! Who in the world would let their 5 year old dress as a Demogorgon???
Absolutely!! I really hope this can happen sometime soon!
Me too!
Love your apps and drink at Steakhouse 71- my kind of meal! What a fun, full day! Can't wait to hear about your favorite park- my guess is Epcot?
Thank you! Epcot is my 2nd favourite park...#1 is coming up next!
Loving your trip report! Hubby and I are loving adults only visits to Disney in this stage of life. We could happily ride the transportation and people mover all day!
:welcome: and thanks for joining in! Adult only Disney trips are the best! My DH and I are going down in 53 days for a fun filled Christmas weekend. :)

It's worth getting up at 6 am to go to Animal Kingdom

Yes Animal Kingdom is hands down my favourite park. I love the theming, the lush landscaping, the entertainment, the meandering pathways, the fantastic food options and the gorgous Tree of Life. I find something new every time I visit there.

Today the park was opening at 7:30 with extra hours for resort guests at 7:00 am. I had hoped to be there right for 7:00 but the bad Grand Floridian bus mojo was in full effect again this morning and I didn't arrive until 7:25. I headed straight for Kilimanjaro Safaris hoping for an early morning safari. The line up was bananas, snaking through the stand by lines with no end in sight. I couldn't figure out was going on so I decided to bail. I walked back through the line to the exit and happened to overhear the CMs saying there were animals on the truck paths and the ride was backed up at least an hour. I was glad to get out of there!

I decided to head for the Gorilla Falls trail instead and was delighted to see the whole Gorilla family out having a ball. I had fantastic chat about the gorillas with one of the CMs and learned so much.
IMG_1454.JPEG

I also love the stunning river pathways......so beautiful and relaxing!
IMG_1450.JPEG

As I enjoyed the Gorilla Falls trail so much, I decided to head to the Maharajah Jungle trail next. I adore the aviary there and spent a happy 1/2 hour watching the birds.
IMG_1466.JPEG

IMG_1469.JPEG

It was pretty hot and humid, well it is Florida in August after all and I was beginning to melt. Thank goodness for a shady hat and dri fit fabric!

IMG_1473.JPEG
Coming off the trail I was able to catch a bit of Kite Tails. Definitely could have been better but I think it could have had potential. I wish I had seen the Jungle Book version instead.
IMG_1474.JPEG
Next up I headed back to Africa as I had a date with the Tam Tam drummers! I love them so much and it was a fantastic show.
IMG_1476.JPEG
Now I was going to see my beloved Festival of the Lion King as I was SO excited that it was the full show again. I mean who could ask for more than the tumble monkeys and the gorgeous acrobatic birds.
IMG_1481.JPEG

IMG_1483.JPEG

IMG_1486.JPEG

* continued in next post *

Time for lunch at Nomads!

I love Nomad Lounge so much! In fact it is tied only with Geyser Point for my favourite place to eat on property. First of all though, I had to go for my time honoured cocktail...I can never choose anything different. So a Spice Trader Classic it was (Hayman's Old Tom Gin, Dolin Vermouth Blanc, Lemon Juice, and Strawberries topped with Soda Water). It was perfect as always.
IMG_1492.JPEG
I love how Disney always serves a tall glass of ice water with their drinks.

Of course I had to go for the Tiffins bread service, I love it! Looking at the menu online now, I can see that it changed since the summer. I still had the awesome pomegranate bread and the poppadum with ginger pear chutney, red pepper hummus and the cucumber raita.
IMG_1496.JPEG
I was also very happy to see my friend Rob who used to work at Geyser Point and is now full time at Nomad. He is an awesome guy and it was great to have a chance to say hi and catch up.

I was very happy to sit back and take in the view, enjoy my drink and delicious food. What a perfect morning it had been.
IMG_1494.JPEG

So now it was time to head back to the GF, hit the pool, rest up a bit and get ready for the night to come. I was going to MNSSHP!

Oh, love Nomad! Are they back to serving items from the Tiffins menu? We were supposed to go a few weeks ago, but the hurricane got in the way.

Funny that Geyser point is your other favorite, we finally tried it this trip and LOVED it! Cannot wait to go back!

Oh, love Nomad! Are they back to serving items from the Tiffins menu? We were supposed to go a few weeks ago, but the hurricane got in the way.

Funny that Geyser point is your other favorite, we finally tried it this trip and LOVED it! Cannot wait to go back!
I am so happy you loved Geyser! We are back in 52 days for a quick Christmas weekend and will be staying at Boulder Ridge. I plan on being at Geyser every day!

I am pretty sure you can order from the Tiffins appetizer menu at Nomads.
Many of my favorites in this post! Nomads, the trails, Lion King, and the Tree of Life! A perfect morning!
We would tour really well together! A delightful time meanderfng trails, watching shows and enjoying yummy drinks and food would be perfect!

What a lovely morning at AK! We have plans to do Geyser Point and Nomad this trip. Both new to us.

Oh, this morning sounds SO perfect....with the exception of not getting that early morning safari ride in. That would have made it 100% perfect. I love taking the time to wander the trails, too. When Rob and I go in January for my Dopey Challenge, my plan is to FINALLY go to Nomad's--it's one of the places that's been on my to do list for SO long!!

What a great morning. Sorry the Safaris didn't work out, but your adjustments were perfect.

Nomads is on my list for someday. Danielle went by herself and had a spot at the bar. She had a great time visiting with the bartender and other guests.

This is high praise, since Geyser Point is so nice. :)

We really need to try this lounge.
Oh my gosh, Sue, you and Dana will love it! I love to sit outside wwith a view of the water. So relaxing and peaceful.
What a lovely morning at AK! We have plans to do Geyser Point and Nomad this trip. Both new to us.
I am so excited for you! You will love both. Ask for Rob's section if you are there Sun-Wed at Nomad. He is great! At Geyser, I recommend sitting at the bar. Josh is the best bartender and he will take great care of you.
Oh, this morning sounds SO perfect....with the exception of not getting that early morning safari ride in. That would have made it 100% perfect. I love taking the time to wander the trails, too. When Rob and I go in January for my Dopey Challenge, my plan is to FINALLY go to Nomad's--it's one of the places that's been on my to do list for SO long!!
You are going to deserve all the yumminess after doing the Dopey challenge! What an experinece that will be. :)
What a great morning. Sorry the Safaris didn't work out, but your adjustments were perfect.

Nomads is on my list for someday. Danielle went by herself and had a spot at the bar. She had a great time visiting with the bartender and other guests.
I love chatting with people at the bar. Danielle sounds so friendly and outgoing, I bet she had a great time. You will love Nomad's when you try it out.:goodvibes

Interrupting this TR for a December trip PTR

I am 49 days out from a December long weekend trip with my lovely DH to do all things Christmas!🎄

Here are the deets......

We are staying at our home DVC resort of Boulder Ridge Villas in a deluxe studio.

We are flying in late after work on Friday, December 9th on West Jet from Toronto and will stay at the Hyatt Regency MCO Friday evening. Early Saturday morning we will grab an Uber or Lyft to Disney property. After checking in and dropping our luggage, our plan is to head to Disney Springs for the Christmas tree trail and brunch at Raglan Road. The rest of the day we plan to relax and enjoy the resort, checking out Geyser Point and/or Territory Lounge.

Sunday brings us a mid morning breakfast at Steakhouse 71. I think they got me at bottomless mimosas! 🍾 After breakfast, we plan on touring the monorail resorts for the Christmas decor. Then back to BRV for a little relaxation and a late lunch at Geyser Point before heading to MVMCP!
We did have major sticker shock at the ticket prices this year, ringing at $381 USD or $526 CDN with our horrible exchange rate.

On Monday, we are heading to Epcot for the Festival of the Holidays! I am so excited for the holiday food booths, the cookie stroll, the holiday storytellers, the Candlelight Processional and best of all, dinner with dear Disfriends! Bill and I are meeting up with @disneyAndi14 , @Joy1127 and @paradesintherain for the CP dining package at Biergarten! I also plan on riding GotG as many times as possible! :)

Sadly we have to fly home on Tuesday afternoon but will grab a last morning breakfast at Whispering Canyon cafe before heading out. It's a quick trip but we are so excited to be there.

Back soon with MNSSHP fun!

I’m so excited to meet up on Monday! I am really looking forward to spending time with you all!
I loved the Candlelight Processional the 1x I did it!
Your trip sounds lovely even if it is a shorter trip, you are doing so much!

I’m so excited to meet up on Monday! I am really looking forward to spending time with you all!
I loved the Candlelight Processional the 1x I did it!
Your trip sounds lovely even if it is a shorter trip, you are doing so much!
I am so looking forward to seeing you too! When do you arrive? I adored Candlelight Processional as well when I saw it in 2019. I really hope they don't change it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter