A simply sensational summer solo trip ~ August '22 edition! Completed 12/17

MNNSHP fun!

Just as I left my room with hopes of Geyser Point for a quick dinner before MNNSHP, the sky turned so dark and I could hear thunder rumbling. So my plans turned instead to Enchanted Rose. As I headed up the stairs, I saw a photopass photographer. So I decided to get a picture with the glass slipper!

IMG_1806.JPG

I was going for a Tinkerbell Disneybound tonight with the green dress, shoes, Tink necklace and my Tinkerbell Dooney bag.

When I arrived at Enchanted Rose I was at a table but I just wasn't feeling it and asked if it was okay if I moved to the bar when a spot became available. I went with the crab mac'n'cheese and a glass of my favourite Cloudy Bay Sauvingon Blanc from New Zealand. It was a perfect pairing and so delicious!
IMG_1500.JPEG
Here's the Tink necklace that inspired my look for the night. And I found it on Amazon for $13!
IMG_1498.JPEG
I met some lovely fellow partygoers at the bar and had a great chat. We were all debating our luck with the weather and transportation to MK. It was still pouring with strong winds, thunder and lightening. What is it about bad weather and party nights? Due to the weather conditions, both the monorail and the boats were out of service. Of course that meant a LONG lineup for a bus. Did I mention my bus luck was horrendous during my stay at the GF? Well more of the same for me tonight. It took about 1/2 hour before replacement buses started arriving. So instead of entering MK in my cute Disneybound, I got to walk in looking like a drowned rat in my trusty blue poncho!
IMG_1501.JPEG
I decided to make the best of it and made my way to get my Trick or Treat bag and get in line to see my pals at the Hundred Acres Woods. This was about an hour wait but seriously, coud they be any cuter in their Halloween costumes?
IMG_1812.JPG
On to the Haunted Mansion next.....what could be better on a party night!

IMG_1503.JPEG
I decided to find a spot for the parade next and settled on a spot near Country Bears Jamboree. I love this parade and it did not disappoint!

*continued in next post*

It's good to be bad!

One of my favourite parts of the parade is the villians section with the band playing "It's good to be bad". The villians are just so fun, only to be matched by my beloved grave diggers from the Haunted Mansion.
IMG_1515.JPEG

I really enjoyed the ballroom dancers, all my favourite characters, the awesome Boo to You song and the amazing details. There really is nothing like a night time parade.IMG_1507.JPEG
My favourite Hitchhiking ghosts were there too!
IMG_1511.JPEG

Following the parade I decided to try one of the party treats and went for the Candy Corn cake at Pecos Bills. This was an almond cake with buttercream designed to look like and ear of corn and decorated with candy corn. This was a fun and yummy treat to try.
IMG_1519.JPEG
After walking out from Pecos Bills, I spotted the Country Bears mingling around and quickly walked over to say hello. A fellow guest kindly took a picture for me as I was fangirling over my boys.

IMG_1517.JPEG

Next up was the fireworks show which I decided to watch from Fronteirland. While I couldn't see the projections, I was able to enjoy the bigger fireworks and that was perfect for me.

I really wanted to do Pirates next but unfortunately it was down. Instead I decided to go for the pumpkin Photopass at the front of the park.IMG_1815.JPG
I debated heading back up Main Street to see the last showing of the Sanderson sisters stage show but honestly my feet were sore, it was 11:30 and I was tired. It had been another full day. Rather than face the line for the monorail, I decided I would head back along the new walking path. What a great addition this is to the MK area!

The next morning would bring a resort change, a delicious breakfast and my first time on Guardians!
That's coming up next!

Last edited:
What a great start to your AK day. Sounds like Nomads is a great place to grab some refreshments and cool off a little.
Your Christmas getaway sounds brilliant and even better that you get to hook up with some fellow disers.
I’m amazed you lasted as long as you did at the Halloween party. You really did do a lot. The party parade looks like so much fun. Shame about Pirates but you did get some lovely photos :goodvibes

Love your Tink outfit, especially the shoes, those are great!

Bummer about the rain, but it looks like you still had a great party! I hadn't seen the corn cake before, and totally thought that was an actual ear of corn with candy corn on it at first! That would be an interesting flavor. :rotfl2:

Christmas getaway trip sound great and packed with lots of Christmasy fun. I love looking at all the decorations in the resorts. It's great you get to spend some time with Disers. We're doing the Candlelight Processional the week before with a Biergarten diiner too.

So sorry your MNSSHP started with rain. You made the best of it and your Tinkerbell is super cute especially the shoes. Lots of great photos of you too.

Love your Tink outfit!!

And that crab Mac n Cheese- looks like a must have whenever I am able to make it back to the World!

I love your Tink shoes!! :)

IMG_1812.JPG
Well it was all worth it for this adorable picture!! :)

So instead of entering MK in my cute Disneybound, I got to walk in looking like a drowned rat in my trusty blue poncho!
Your outfit is very cute. It was a good thing that the rain eventually eased up and you could enjoy the party without the poncho. :)
Candy Corn cake at Pecos Bills.
I really looks like an ear of corn!
Rather than face the line for the monorail, I decided I would head back along the new walking path. What a great addition this is to the MK area!
I love that new sidewalk. :)

It sounds like a wonderful weekend. Disney does a great job with Christmas decorations and activities. :)
Thank you! Only 46 days to go now and you know I am excited! :goodvibes
What a great start to your AK day. Sounds like Nomads is a great place to grab some refreshments and cool off a little.
Your Christmas getaway sounds brilliant and even better that you get to hook up with some fellow disers.
I’m amazed you lasted as long as you did at the Halloween party. You really did do a lot. The party parade looks like so much fun. Shame about Pirates but you did get some lovely photos :goodvibes
Thanks Moira! It was definitely a fun day! I am very excited for our Christmas weekend. It's short but we are trying to pack in as much as possible. I love the parties but they are really going up in price!
Love your Tink outfit, especially the shoes, those are great!

Bummer about the rain, but it looks like you still had a great party! I hadn't seen the corn cake before, and totally thought that was an actual ear of corn with candy corn on it at first! That would be an interesting flavor. :rotfl2:
Thanks Debbie! I made the shoes...they are canvas slipons I found for $5 at Walmart. Then I found the yellow flowers and hot glued them on. I was happy with how they came out. That cake was very realistic....good thing it didn't taste like corn. :)
Great pictures!
Thank you!
Christmas getaway trip sound great and packed with lots of Christmasy fun. I love looking at all the decorations in the resorts. It's great you get to spend some time with Disers. We're doing the Candlelight Processional the week before with a Biergarten diiner too.

So sorry your MNSSHP started with rain. You made the best of it and your Tinkerbell is super cute especially the shoes. Lots of great photos of you too.
Thanks Vanessa! Have you eaten at Biergarten before? I am excited to try it, especially with such a great group of people.

I had a great time at the party but it did seem like every August party was plagued by rain!
Loving this report and following along!
Thank you and :welcome:
Love your Tink outfit!!

And that crab Mac n Cheese- looks like a must have whenever I am able to make it back to the World!
Thanks so much! The crab mac was so good and really filling. I really enjoyed it.
I love your Tink shoes!! :)
Thank you so much! Kindergarten educator craftiness for the win as I found $5 green slipons at Walmart and got the yeloow flowers in the craft section. :)
Well it was all worth it for this adorable picture!! :)
I am obsessed with this picture! Could they be any cuter???
Your outfit is very cute. It was a good thing that the rain eventually eased up and you could enjoy the party without the poncho. :)

I really looks like an ear of corn!

I love that new sidewalk. :)
Thanks Sue! I was happy tp ditch the poncho! The cake was so yummy and very realistic!

I love the walking path too. It makes such a difference. :)

Thanks Vanessa! Have you eaten at Biergarten before? I am excited to try it, especially with such a great group of people.

I have but it's been a very long time. Danielle and I ate there in 2009. Danielle has been back since she started working there and really likes it. It will be new for Dennis and John Paul. Dennis is a meat and potatoes eater so I think he will like it. I'm looking forward to the entertainment.

Can't wait for our meet up in December! Those MVMCP party ticket prices are YIKES! lol hope you have a great time though! We're skipping the party this year and opting to put the money to dinner at Cali Grill and will just watch the party fireworks from there! lol

It was crazy how many of the Halloween parties this year seemed to luck out with bad weather! We got so lucky the night we watched the fireworks from the poly in September because the next party night it was an absolute downpour! Glad you made the best of it though!

I have but it's been a very long time. Danielle and I ate there in 2009. Danielle has been back since she started working there and really likes it. It will be new for Dennis and John Paul. Dennis is a meat and potatoes eater so I think he will like it. I'm looking forward to the entertainment.
I think Bill will really like the food too. I hear they have some good salads, the cheesy noodle dish, a beer cheese soup and pretzels. Really they can just give me cheese and carbs and I will be happy. I am looking forward to the entertainment as well.
Can't wait for our meet up in December! Those MVMCP party ticket prices are YIKES! lol hope you have a great time though! We're skipping the party this year and opting to put the money to dinner at Cali Grill and will just watch the party fireworks from there! lol

It was crazy how many of the Halloween parties this year seemed to luck out with bad weather! We got so lucky the night we watched the fireworks from the poly in September because the next party night it was an absolute downpour! Glad you made the best of it though!
So looking forward to meeting up too! Yes, those tickets are bananas and if it wasn't Bill's first Christmas trip, I wouldn't bother. In 2019, my party ticket was $99! An $80 increase is unbelievable!

I don't know if there was actually a dry party night at all. I am just glad it didn't rain all night. :)

I'm so excited for you!! Such fun!! I'm glad you will get to enjoy your DVC resort and some holiday fun!! Those prices are insane indeed...I guess you just have to accept that and move on if you want to go to Disney these days...but it will be magical I'm sure!

I'm so excited for you!! Such fun!! I'm glad you will get to enjoy your DVC resort and some holiday fun!! Those prices are insane indeed...I guess you just have to accept that and move on if you want to go to Disney these days...but it will be magical I'm sure!
Thanks Kathy! It definitely stung buying those party tickets today but everything is expensive these days. We wanted to go see Depeche Mode at Scotiabank in April and it was $800 pp! Disney seems like a bargain in comparison.

A "Grand" breakfast and fun at Epcot!

I had cancelled, rebooked, cancelled again and finaly decided to walk up for an early morning breakfast reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe. I waited less than 10 minutes for a lovely two top by the window and was happy to settle in with a cup of coffee. My server was phenomenal and adjusted the window blinds so that the light wasn't shining right in my eyes. My lovely friend @Jenny Sanders had raved about the house made biscuits with citrus butter and I am happy to say they did not disappoint!
IMG_1524.JPEG
Yes, I polished off both of them!

For my entree, I went with the avocado toast and a side of bacon.This was perfect with lots of juicy tomatoes and creamy avocado. Add in the crispy bacon and I couldn't have been happier!
IMG_1526.JPEG
After breakfast, I headed back to the room to do a last minute check and call Bell Services to pick up my Owners Locker and suitcase for resort transfer. They were there within 5 minutes and before I knew it, I was at the monorail staion on my way to Epcot!

Is there anything better than walking in to Epcot on a glorious sunny morning?
IMG_1527.JPEG
Of course I had to do Spaceship Earth first!

My next stop was Finding Nemo and an extended visit with my pals Lou and Lil Joe. I took many photos and videos for my son Jack as he adores manatees.
IMG_1529.JPEG

IMG_1531.JPEG
Next up was my beloved Living with the Land where I was in complete agreement with @VAtink about the bizarre number of table setting throughout the ride. This was really strange.IMG_1537.JPEG
It looks like they are getting ready for a luncheon!

I did like the Coco display though and the subtle nod to the 50th celebrations.
IMG_1534.JPEG

IMG_1536.JPEG
I decided to check out Connections Cafe as I was in need of a Starbucks fix. With a delicious iced Passion Tea in hand, I headed off to explore Club Cool next.
IMG_1539.JPEG

IMG_1540.JPEG
I really liked the Cucumber Sprite from Russia, the Viva Raspberry from Moldova and the Bon Bon Anglais from Madagascar. Still not a Beverly fan though!

*continued in next post*

Leaving Club Cool, I decided to check out Creations Shop. There was some awesome merchandise to peruse and I had a great chat with a fellow guest. I picked out this sweet darling as a possible Christmas gift. I love Figaro and Cleo!
68304755521__F602E48E-F510-411F-A263-EF12D25C099A.jpeg

I headed off to World Showcase next but first checked out the Jammitors playing a set. I love them!

And if you are going to World Showcase, there is only one place to start. Mexico! I can't go to Mexico without going on "It's a Small Mexico". I decided to start a new thing with the front row, just like on the People Mover!
IMG_1542.JPEG
IMG_1543.JPEG
Leaving the Mexican pavilion, I stopped to watch Mariachi Colbre. I always enjoy their show.

I was starting to get a bit hungry so I decided to check out the India booth for the crispy fried Paneer. I also went for a glass of the Chenin Blanc. Both were delicious! The Paneer was more solid than stringy like mozzarella and worked really well with the curry mango ketchup.
IMG_1546.JPEG
Insert a hot sweaty picture here, lol!
IMG_1548.JPEG
Even with the high heat and humidity, I was determined to keep going. I was doing the Remy scavenger hunt and wanted to complete at least half of the countries today. Once I got to Germany and found where Remy was hiding there, I decided to reward myself with the fabulous pretzel bread pudding. This was my first time trying this delectable treat but it certainly won't be the last.
IMG_1549.JPEG
Now it was time for my highly anticipated first ride on Guardians of the Galaxy!IMG_1550.JPEG
What can I say??? It was intense, exhilirating and incredible! I actually had to sit down for about 20 minutes after as I was a bit off kilter after riding it. That being said, I loved it! My song was "Conga" which was a lot of fun!

It was about 3:30 now and I decided to head off to Animal Kingdom Lodge and see if my room was ready. Would it be everything I hoped for? That's next!

My next stop was Finding Nemo and an extended visit with my pals Lou and Lil Joe. I took many photos and videos for my son Jack as he adores manatees.
The manatee pictures are cute. They are looking right at you. :)
There was some awesome merchandise to peruse and I had a great chat with a fellow guest.
The Creations Shop is a huge improvement over the former gift shop. We like to peruse the merchandise, too. :)
Even with the high heat and humidity, I was determined to keep going.
We just got back from WDW and the CMs we talked with were saying that August had some of the worst heat and humidity that Florida has seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter