A simply sensational summer solo trip ~ August '22 edition! Completed 12/17

Hi Susan I'm here too!

I'm so happy you did a solo trip. I really enjoyed mine and would do it again.

I sure hope you got caught up on your sleep. You did have a really good travel day and you look so happy to be there.

Great ride choices. Looking forward to more.

Hi Susan! So happy to see you started this! I will be on my partially-solo trip in about a week! But first I'm staying at The Grand with my friend so I'm excited to see your room!

Finally made it over here!

remembers most events by what I had to eat!
Totally get this, do this all the time!!
You know you're in the right place if this is also where you head first upon entering the Magic Kingdom!
Yessss!! TBH this is what I am most looking forward to whenever I get to go back!
I discovered I had a whole row to myself! I mean, when does that ever happen?
Never!! These days...you're lucky if you get your one seat on the flight you booked lol
I was still masking indoors and in crowded areas and aside from a few curious looks, I did not feel any animosity for doing so.
I am still doing this!!
I was getting hungry so I decided to mobile order at Pecos Bill, going with the kids chicken and rice bowl.
Yummm this looks great!! I have yet to try mobile order at WDW...must do next time!

I’m here and excited to go along on your solo trip. You’re off to a great start and you’ve definitely had some pixie dust getting a full row of seats on the plane especially when you’ve had so little sleep!
Love that people mover is always your first ride in Mk. Perfect start to your trip. Looking forward to more 😊

Hello friends old and new and welcome to my latest trip report!

I am Susan, lover of all the Disney things! I am the girl who can talk to random strangers about Disney for hours on end, loves planning my trips almost as much as I like going on them and remembers most events by what I had to eat! In my non Disney life, I am a kindergarten educator going into my 34th (!) year in the Early Years, mom to three incredible sons in their early 20's, lover of all things creative and the great outdoors.

After travelling last summer with my oldest son for his 21st birthday and on March Break with my lovely husband, I still felt there was something missing. And that was time simply to do what I wanted in my happiest of happy places! I had also really missed travelling in late August with the reduced crowds. I can handle ALL the heat if I don't have to deal with crazy lines. And so this trip was born...8 perfect days staying at two lovely resorts, going to MNSSHP and doing all the things!

You know you're in the right place if this is also where you head first upon entering the Magic Kingdom!

View attachment 699911
I'll be back soon with travel day updates and first day fun!
Following!

I'm here! :) And on page 2, so not TOO far behind for a change!

Your first solo day at MK sounds delightful!! I love Pecos Bills and agree the kids meal is a perfect portion! But, you're 100% right about missing that amazing toppings bar. SO much better than those tiny little cups LOL I like to load up!

I'm excited to see your room at the Grand! It's just beautiful there. We celebrated our 10 year anniversary with a vow renewal there, but have never actually stayed. On the ever growing list for someday!

Tagging along! Major pixie dust on your travel day, woohoo!
Thank you and welcome!
The Sunshine Flyer looks nice. I’m sure we will try it eventually. I am still shocked that Disney took away the ME. Looking forward to reading more. 😊
I miss the Magic Express so much!
I am really looking forward to this trip report. :)
Glad you are here, Sue!
Tagging along also.
Welcome!
Oh good I'm not too far behind and even made page 1!
Hi Alison! Happy you are here!
I knew there was a reason that I liked you! :thumbsup2
Right??? Food is so important!
Following along! Love reading about a good solo trip.
Thanks for joining in!
Thank you for sharing! I will be doing my first solo trip to WDW very soon and I love reading others' solo experiences! It's such a big help.
You are so welcome! This was my 6th solo trip. They are such fun!
Hi Susan I'm here too!

I'm so happy you did a solo trip. I really enjoyed mine and would do it again.

I sure hope you got caught up on your sleep. You did have a really good travel day and you look so happy to be there.

Great ride choices. Looking forward to more.
Hi Vanessa! Glad to have you here. :)
Hi Susan! So happy to see you started this! I will be on my partially-solo trip in about a week! But first I'm staying at The Grand with my friend so I'm excited to see your room!
Hi Kelly! I am so excited your upcoming trip!
Excellent start! Cant wait to read more about your solo adventure!
Thank you and welcome!
Totally get this, do this all the time!!
Great minds!
Yessss!! TBH this is what I am most looking forward to whenever I get to go back!
The best!
I’m here and excited to go along on your solo trip. You’re off to a great start and you’ve definitely had some pixie dust getting a full row of seats on the plane especially when you’ve had so little sleep!
Love that people mover is always your first ride in Mk. Perfect start to your trip. Looking forward to more 😊
Hi Moira! So glad you are here!
Following! Love solo trips!
Welocme! Aren't they the best?
Following!
Thanks for joining in!
I'm here! :) And on page 2, so not TOO far behind for a change!

Your first solo day at MK sounds delightful!! I love Pecos Bills and agree the kids meal is a perfect portion! But, you're 100% right about missing that amazing toppings bar. SO much better than those tiny little cups LOL I like to load up!

I'm excited to see your room at the Grand! It's just beautiful there. We celebrated our 10 year anniversary with a vow renewal there, but have never actually stayed. On the ever growing list for someday!
Hi Jackie! So glad you are here.

Last edited:
Great read so far! A solo trip sounds like fun! I don't think my wife would ever allow me to go without her, but I would love to give it a shot one day. Maybe start off small with a one day at DL... :-)

Talk about being forced to wait in hot sun !
im waiting for more fun from Suse66 in the a.c. Comfort of my home
Is there a Fast Pass or Virtual Q requirement for rest of trip report ?
…Must register …? Haha
glad I found this update .
Its easy to get lost on the Disboards…

Great read so far! A solo trip sounds like fun! I don't think my wife would ever allow me to go without her, but I would love to give it a shot one day. Maybe start off small with a one day at DL... :-)
Thanks for joining in! Solo trips are great! Even though my husband is the one who persuaded me to go to Disney for the first time, I am now the Disney addict in the family. He can go every 2-3 years where I like to go 1-2 times a year.
Talk about being forced to wait in hot sun !
im waiting for more fun from Suse66 in the a.c. Comfort of my home
Is there a Fast Pass or Virtual Q requirement for rest of trip report ?
…Must register …? Haha
glad I found this update .
Its easy to get lost on the Disboards…
Welcome and thanks for reading along. New update on the way!

So sorry for the long delay in updating. Typically I like to do a weekly update but
I had to travel unexpectedly to PEI for a family funeral as my aunt passed away. I was very grateful to be there to celebrate the life of an extraordinary woman and be able to support my Dad.

So now I am back on track (hopefully!) and ready to explore the new VGF resort studios!

Friends, I have to say these studios are beautiful! I love the location of the Big Pine Key building and the lobby is stunning. I booked a standard view but could see the lagoon from one side of my balcony. My direct view was all the construction in the other building so I ended up not really spending time out there.

So now, let me spam you with pictures!

IMG_1367.jpeg
IMG_1368.jpegIMG_1369.jpegIMG_1371.jpegIMG_1372.jpeg
IMG_1373.jpegIMG_1374.jpeg
IMG_1376.jpegIMG_1379.jpeg

I absolutely loved the room with the gorgeous Mary Poppins theming. So subtle and pretty!
The enhanced toiletries and robes were a really nice touch too. I love that there are two real beds and the pull down sofa.
Not a fan of the Keurig or the beverage cooler, please bring a full coffee pot and real refridgerator back.

*continued in next post*

An unexpected concert!

Originally I had planned on going back to MK but then I realized that Air Supply was performing at Epcot! As someone who was in high school in the 80's, Air Supply was in constant rotation. I also hit up my first Food and Wine booth at Brew-Wing for dinner.

I went for the PB&J wings, the buffalo brussel sprouts and a yummy Strawberry Lemonade Hard Cider.
IMG_1382.jpeg
The wings and cider were delicious but the brussels were not my fave!

Time to line up for Air Supply!

IMG_1383.jpeg

IMG_1386.jpeg
Oh my gosh, this was SO much fun! I danced, sang along (yes I still know all the words) and laughed. It brought back so many memories.

Look at how beautiful the view is at night......sigh! I love Epcot!
IMG_1395.jpeg
I decided I needed dessert next so went to Ireland for the chocolate lava cake with Bailey's cream sauce. It was divine!
IMG_1396.jpeg
Feeling sated and happy, I headed out for the monorail. It was such a fun impromptu evening but I needed sleep before getting up early for Hollywood Studios!

Not a bad step count considering I had only been in the park since lunch time.
IMG_1398.PNG
I'll be back soon with HS fun and a Dismeet!

I had to travel unexpectedly to PEI for a family funeral as my aunt passed away

I'm so sorry, Susan :sad1:

I absolutely loved the room with the gorgeous Mary Poppins theming. So subtle and pretty!

We just got back and I agree! The room was beautiful!

but the brussels were not my fave!

Haha! I loved those and ended up eating them all myself!

Oh my gosh, this was SO much fun! I danced, sang along (yes I still know all the words) and laughed. It brought back so many memories.

I would have been doing the same thing, I love Air Supply!

I was still masking indoors and in crowded areas and aside from a few curious looks, I did not feel any animosity for doing so.
We did the same, I don’t want to jinx myself but I have been to WDW 7x since early 2021 and work as a nurse and I am still a Novid. I mask all the time and I do think it helps!
Of course, I had to head directly to my Magic Kingdom favourite and always my first ride in the park, the People Mover!
Of course! I tour the same way, love the PM and I enjoyed the new narrative as well!

Those rooms are really pretty!!!

It's always fun to reminisce when music is involved. Looks like a great first day!

I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt.

The enhanced toiletries and robes were a really nice touch too. I love that there are two real beds and the pull down sofa.
Not a fan of the Keurig or the beverage cooler, please bring a full coffee pot and real refridgerator back.
I agree 100% with your review. The theming is gorgeous. I love that there are two queen beds. I would love to stay in one of these rooms, but I have a feeling that they will be very popular and hard to get. We stayed in Big Pine Key a few years ago and the location is fantastic. :)

We missed Air Supply but had a great time at a concert later in the week. I love the concerts at Epcot. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter