• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Simple Guide to Making an Autograph Book

That's very cute, I like it. What size is it? I was gonna do mine this way but I've gone with printing myself so that I can remove any unsigned pages. At least, that's the plan. Not finished it yet.

I used 5x7. It didn't work perfectly with the images from Donatalie, since those are cropped for 4x6, but I just moved them over so that the side opposite the character image gets its border cropped a bit. Thankfully her resolutions are so good that it still looks pretty good.

Hi - just wanted to let you know that I am attempting to make one via Shutterfly using Donatalie's designs. Let me know if this link doesn't work for you.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaN2Llq0btXHQ

That is really cute! The nice thing about the photograph books is that you don't have to mess with cutting the pages and having them bound. :thumbsup2

Here is the link to the autograph book I made for our trip in 2008, but I had mine bound on the the side. I am getting ready to update it and add a few more pages for our trip next week...nothing like waiting to the last minute.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1919763

Your books look great! I'm saving all of my files, too, so that we can print them again (if we are lucky eough to be able to go back to WDW in the next few years). Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Yea!!! I just finished getting together all the pages for both DDs autograph books!. I did mine a bit differently this time, I made the images bigger and it looks really nice once printed. This time I used 4.5 x7 for my sutograph pages, just to fill up the page a bit more. I am working on the covers now and hopew to have it cut and binded Tues, so I will post pictures once I am done!
Music Mouse, the cover you used...gold star with the chartacters, where did you get that, it is super cute!

I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

I have had many of Natalie's autograph images printed to 4x6 pictures.

My plan is (was?) to get a 4x6 binder to insert 4x6 photo page holders into.

I was thinking that for every autograph I would have a picture of my daughter with that character as well. The idea is that when you open up the 4x6 binder horizontally (so it's really 6x4) to any page, the top half would have the picture of my daughter with the character, and the bottom half would be the autograph page with the characters autograph on it. Here's an example...kind of...

6"
--------------------------
l..............................l
l........:yay:.....:bride:.......l 4" Top picture of daughter and character
<<<<<<<<<<<<<< spine of binder
l............Ariel............l Bottom picture of character autograph

I was also hoping that I could find a binder with a clear cover insert so that I could put in an autograph book cover picture.

My problem is that I was just doing a google search for about 30 minutes and I couldn't find any 4x6 binders nor 4x6 photo inserts (I've seen regular size binders and single photo insert pages divided into 3 4x6 parts).

Do they exist and if so, where can I find them?

Thanks for any help,

Evan

I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

I have had many of Natalie's autograph images printed to 4x6 pictures.

My plan is (was?) to get a 4x6 binder to insert 4x6 photo page holders into.

I was thinking that for every autograph I would have a picture of my daughter with that character as well. The idea is that when you open up the 4x6 binder horizontally (so it's really 6x4) to any page, the top half would have the picture of my daughter with the character, and the bottom half would be the autograph page with the characters autograph on it. Here's an example...kind of...

6"
l........:yay:.....:bride:.......l 4" Top picture of daughter and character
<<<<<<<<<<<<<< spine of binder
l............Ariel............l Bottom picture of character autograph

I was also hoping that I could find a binder with a clear cover insert so that I could put in an autograph book cover picture.

My problem is that I was just doing a google search for about 30 minutes and I couldn't find any 4x6 binders nor 4x6 photo inserts (I've seen regular size binders and single photo insert pages divided into 3 4x6 parts).

Do they exist and if so, where can I find them?

Thanks for any help,

Evan

I think you would be better off looking at photo albums instead of binders. They are more likely to be the right size, and offer you the two 4x6 picture per page option. Any craft store, such as Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or Joann's, will carry an assortment of styles, many of which can be expanded with extra inserts. Some even have the window in the front so you could include a cover design. Good luck! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for this thread. I just finished up an autograph book today and it looks awesome. These instructions saved me much time and learning pains. We are making one big book with all of the characters that we will take with us on all trips in the goal of collecting as many as possible. As opposed to binding them i'm using rings that can open up so we can remove them as we get signatures to lighten the load.

Thank you!!!

You are very welcome - I'm glad this helped. Good luck getting as may autographs as possible, and be sure to check back and let us all know how well using rings to keep them together works in the parks. :goodvibes

I think you would be better off looking at photo albums instead of binders. They are more likely to be the right size, and offer you the two 4x6 picture per page option. Any craft store, such as Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or Joann's, will carry an assortment of styles, many of which can be expanded with extra inserts. Some even have the window in the front so you could include a cover design. Good luck! :goodvibes

Thanks MusicMouse. That is what I was thinking as well; luckily all three places are within 5 minutes from me. I just found it strange that I really couldn't find anything online.

I did find some photo books/albums online that have two 4x6 inserts (one above the other) on a single page (I think that's probably what you are talking about).

Thanks MusicMouse. That is what I was thinking as well; luckily all three places are within 5 minutes from me. I just found it strange that I really couldn't find anything online.

I did find some photo books/albums online that have two 4x6 inserts (one above the other) on a single page (I think that's probably what you are talking about).

I saw a photo album at Kohls that would work, so try there as well. what I did for mine was just added a picture to the blank page next to it using scrapbook tabs to hold it in place.

Yes, that's what I meant. Remember, if the cover isn't "Disney" enough for you, there are tons of scrapbooking accessories that you can use to personalize it. :goodvibes

Hi - just wondering if anyone out there can help. I've printed out a bunch of Donatalie's beautiful autograph pages thru snapfish. My problem is getting the covers to print clearly in 5x7 (as done in post #63). My printer is awful, so I wanted to do them on snapfish as well. I created a couple of my own, but the resolution is terrible. Any suggestions? Do you know of anyone who can personalize covers that would be clear when printed in 5x7?
Thanks!

If there is a specific cover design that you would like to have personalized, try posting a request thread for it. Include the design and the name(s) you would like to be on it. Most of the designers here are pretty good about responding. If your printer is not up to the challenge, you can have them printed onto cardstock at FedEx/Kinkos. If you want them as pictures to match the ones from Snapfish, you could have them printed at Wal-mart or Walgreens. If you saved the original at its highest resolution, it should easily expand clearly to a 5x7. Good luck! :goodvibes

Hi Disigners...I have a quick question for you.
I am making my own autograph book this year. Two years ago my ex's mom made mine, and the year before my mom and I made very simple index-card-sized ones using some of the great papers here. But this year I had a different idea, and I want some input.

Have any of you ever used sticker paper to create the images/text for your book? I want something a little more three dimensional and am considering printing out the character image and name on sticker paper. Anyone ever tried this? Did it work out?

It should work just fine. I have printed several designs from here onto sticker paper for pressed penny tubes, mousekeeping envelopes, etc., and they all came out very well. Are you thinking of doing something that is more scrapbook-ish?

I just started making mine yesterday on Shutterfly! The only problem for mine is making the photos clear enough! But it's okay :)

I've finally done mine :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thanks to the amazing designers on here, I got some fabulous pages. I laminated the covers and cut them bigger than the pages. Then I had them spiral bound at staples.

Front Covers
P1280004a.jpg

Inside Front Covers
P1280007a.jpg

Back Covers
P1280010a.jpg

Inside Back Cover
P1280008a.jpg

I was inspired by the ideas on here about photobooks so I did a different inside front cover for me, here:
P1280017a.jpg

I'm pleased with them. Hope you like them too. And thanks for all the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter