A Simple Guide to Making an Autograph Book

Yes, I printed them out myself at home...they turned out great...just make sure you have enough paper....I was making 3 books so I had to go out and get more paper but other than that had no problems!! Good Luck!!

Here are my finished products....I am thrilled with them and the kids LOVE them....thanks so much to all who helped make them a reality!!!!
NewYears2010025.jpg

Front Covers

NewYears2010022.jpg

Inside Front Covers

NewYears2010023.jpg

Just one of the amazing pages disigned by Natalie!!

NewYears2010024.jpg

Inside back covers

Thanks again to all who helped...can't wait to use them in 5 days!!!!!:cool1:

Thank you so much for the pictures jjod96 - your albums look terrific! Your covers came out really well. Have fun collecting autographs, and I hope you all have a magical vacation!! :goodvibes

thanks so much for all of your help!! I hope you have a great trip also!!! The weather is looking good so that it great!!!!

I got them done at Fed Ex Kinkos and it was under $10 for both books and they are fairly thick. I did have to leave them and go back the next day to pick them up...I don't know if this is always the case or they were just busy but just so you are sure you may want to leave yourself an extra day!!! Good Luck!!!:)

Okay I was just wondering if anyone who had access to a binding machine has tried to bind the book themself. I have access to a binding machine but it makes rectangular holes instead of round and i was wanting to use one the spiral coils which needs round holes. I guess my question is have you used rectangle holes with the coil does it look dumb or not noticeable.

I wouldn't think it would be noticeable. I guess the question is, can you use the spiral coils with square holes? :confused3

Does anyone know if you can use a regular ball point pen on these??? I've already purchased large pens for the boys (disney themed of course) and trying to decide if I should print on cardstock or if the pens will work on the matte finished photos...

THanks for all the inspiration!!

Becky

Quick question out of curiousity - I noticed a few of you print them as pictures and mount them (is that to save on ink?). Have any of you ever had them done as a photobook, with the idea of using that as an autograph book? If so, does it work or is the glossy finish too hard to sign on? :confused3

Does anyone know if you can use a regular ball point pen on these??? I've already purchased large pens for the boys (disney themed of course) and trying to decide if I should print on cardstock or if the pens will work on the matte finished photos...

THanks for all the inspiration!!

Becky

You are very welcome! :thumbsup2 If you are using ball point pen, you will need to print your pictures on cardstock. The pen will come right off the pictures, even with a matte finish. If you want to do the photos, your best bet is to use a Sharpie.

Quick question out of curiousity - I noticed a few of you print them as pictures and mount them (is that to save on ink?). Have any of you ever had them done as a photobook, with the idea of using that as an autograph book? If so, does it work or is the glossy finish too hard to sign on? :confused3

Yes, many people have their images done as photos in order to save ink. You could certainly make them into photobooks. I have seen some beautiful examples of this on other boards. It makes a wonderful keepsake, but you would have to be prepared for having some blank pages in your book if you miss some of the characters. You can sign on the pages of this type of book with a Sharpie pen, as long as you give it a minute to dry after it has been signed. If you decide to make a photobook, I would love to see some pics of the finished product! :goodvibes

I love the photobook book idea but this year will be DD's first year to Disney, so I'll have to be sure to get plenty of pics to do it the next time we go :).

oooohh hadn't even considered doing a book with previous pics - I was more thinking of just having them bind all the photo pages. Wow, now that's an idea. Although I'd prob wanna do a smaller one.

Is 13cm x 14cm (about 5x5.5 inches) too small?

Here is the link to the autograph book I made for our trip in 2008, but I had mine bound on the the side. I am getting ready to update it and add a few more pages for our trip next week...nothing like waiting to the last minute.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1919763

Hi - just wanted to let you know that I am attempting to make one via Shutterfly using Donatalie's designs. Let me know if this link doesn't work for you.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaN2Llq0btXHQ

That's very cute, I like it. What size is it? I was gonna do mine this way but I've gone with printing myself so that I can remove any unsigned pages. At least, that's the plan. Not finished it yet.

Here is the link to the autograph book I made for our trip in 2008, but I had mine bound on the the side. I am getting ready to update it and add a few more pages for our trip next week...nothing like waiting to the last minute.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1919763

Very nice :-) I'm planning to bind mine on the side too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter