A Scrapbooking Newbie....Please don't laugh at me....

dsnygirl2006

DIS Veteran
Just wondering what I need to start scrapping....it is so overwhelming I have thought about just giving up and not even starting this whole thing.....I am wanting to scrap our upcoming trip to WDW....Can anyone give me some advice on how to start and what I need....I tried scrapping about 6 months ago and I sat and stared at blank pages for about 4 days straight....no ideas...Nothing....HELP ME!!!

All you need is an album, paper, scissors, adhesive and lots of TIME! :)

There are tons more things you can get to embellish your pages.
There is a sticky at the top of this forum that has picture of a lot of disney scrapbook pages ~ take a look at those for ideas.

Check out the sticky thread here, where people post there work. Also check out 2peas
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/ in the peanut gallery - pick the search by categories list and find the disney category. Also, check your Local Scrap Store (LSS) and take a class or 2 or as many as you need.. that will definately get you started Once you get in the swing of it, look for a crop - where you go and scrap with others.. that's also good.. you get to see what everyone else is doing, make scrap friends, and help each other. See if you have a Recollections in your area, I love their store, classes and crops.

--Heather

Remember, we were all "newbies" at one time or another. Look at some of the pages that have been linked (scraplifting can be a good thing) and Keep It Simple. :thumbsup2 What I usually do when I have a TON of pictures from a special trip is to decide: do I want to do it day by day or park by park OR do I just want to capture the feeling of the trip (no right or wrong way). Then I organize my pictures and thoughts. I also decide whether I want a color theme running through out all the pages or am I going to use color according to each page (again, no right or wrong way).

Let your pictures shine and add just a few theme embellishments if you want.

Most importantly, have fun!

Jeanne

I consider myself a newbie too. I have been scrapping less than a year. What I have found that helps is looking at other people's Layouts. If you dont know anyone, that's what the net is for! i like scrapfiends.com. Another thing i do is go to a book store and find the scrapbook books and browse. Sometimes they help sometimes they dont. I have also gone to crops and have been very inspired with all the talent around me and if you get stuck, someone there can help you. :grouphug: is always better when two or more people are there to support each other.

you also might think about taking beginners classes at your LSS! Once you learn the basics, everything goes smoothly. I have a WONDERFUL book that tells you all the basics. Let me find it and I will give you the title so that you can check it out!

I would also suggest finding a local scrapbook store and either taking a beginner class or even asking someone that works there for advice. Most scrap stores will be glad to help!

It can seem very overwhelming at first, but just start slowly and don't try to get fancy. I would suggest buying an album, some paper, adhesive, and some stickers or other simple embellishments. Just think of it as a kicked up photo album!

I really think a class at the LSS is your best bet!

Good luck and remember we were all beginners at one point and now we are all here to help you!

I'm a relative newbie also. My first experience scrapbooking was at a friend's Creative Memories party last September. The consultant was showing HER Disney scrapbook of her last trip. That's when I decided I was going to attempt scrapbooking since our very first trip to WDW was coming in November. Well, I bought all the Creative Memories Disney-related packs and then bought a few more packs while at WDW. I then got into a CM crop club that a few friends were in. I've since hosted a party and a crop club and I'm addicted!!! I have 2 pages left in DD8's album and then I'm starting DD4's album. Then I plan to do an ABC album for my parents who went along on our trip.
My advice....contact a CM consultant to get into a crop club. I've had a bunch of pages where DD had the photos picked out, but I just couldn't get them arranged in a way that I liked. Took them to crop club and everyone bounced around a few ideas and I ended up with pages that I love! Plus, it gives me an "appointment" to get away from the kids and crop with adults! Very important for a stay-at-home mom. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter