A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

I love mine so much!! I got it yesterday and think it's just so cool!!! I totally missed the fact that the back was supposed to represent the tops of R2D2 and BB8's heads. Now I love it even more.

I am so behind on, well everything! But I saw the top on instagram and had to stop by for to see what's up. I'm so happy I follow yours and @ZellyB's trip reports to get sucked in and bought the darn thing! I got the email that mine shipped so now I just have to impatiently wait! And if Mr. Ariel isn't wanting his BB-8 hoodie let me know the facebook group you are auctioning it in so I can throw my lot in!
With me the Dooney's I've bought have been because I really like the purse or placement itself as opposed to the brand name. I'm going to sound so snotty when I say this, but I don't really think of D&B as actual high end purses- they are just really expensive souvenirs. So good for you making bank if you realized you didn't really want them. I don't own any Harvey's but they just released a Star Wars one called Hive of Scum and Villainy featuring artwork by Shag and I am obsessed with it. Another point for Harvey's is that their stuff is consistent in the art on it and you don't have all the placement drama you do with Dooney.
I'm glad you are keeping on with the training and that it is going well for you!

I love mine so much!! I got it yesterday and think it's just so cool!!! I totally missed the fact that the back was supposed to represent the tops of R2D2 and BB8's heads. Now I love it even more.
I think so too! It's just so creative!
I am so behind on, well everything! But I saw the top on instagram and had to stop by for to see what's up. I'm so happy I follow yours and @ZellyB's trip reports to get sucked in and bought the darn thing! I got the email that mine shipped so now I just have to impatiently wait! And if Mr. Ariel isn't wanting his BB-8 hoodie let me know the facebook group you are auctioning it in so I can throw my lot in!
Yay!! I hope you love it just as much in person!

I'm such an idiot...I should have offered you the hoodie. It's going to someone else :( BUT if you want one, I'm sure you could easily get one on Facebook.
With me the Dooney's I've bought have been because I really like the purse or placement itself as opposed to the brand name. I'm going to sound so snotty when I say this, but I don't really think of D&B as actual high end purses- they are just really expensive souvenirs. So good for you making bank if you realized you didn't really want them.
No, no - I totally know what you mean about D&B not seeming high-end. I mean, look at the quality issues they have been dealing with - and then there are people that have, say, Louis Vuittons (not me) and they last for years and years and take a total beating, and they still look perfect. With the D&B I feel like it's always something with the leather corners getting messed up, or the fabric cracking/chipping, or the pattern bleeding...it's annoying! The worst one I had was one of the Disneyana bags with the WDW pattern - carried it for less than 2 weeks and the pattern chipped off of the corners. For a $200+ bag, that's unacceptable.

With you saying that the ones you have are purses/placements that you like - that's where I'm at right now. I have 2 WDW 40th anniversary bags, 2 DL 55th anniversary bags, 1 2013 Marathon (Running Mickey) bag, 1 black balloons and 1 Haunted Mansion. I'm REALLY having a hard time trying to get myself to let go of any of those because they are all patterns that I really love, so I may stick with them. :confused3 But I've been carrying Harveys stuff for about a month now, so if I find I'm just not wanting to switch to the Dooneys or whatever, it'll be time to let them go.
I don't own any Harvey's but they just released a Star Wars one called Hive of Scum and Villainy featuring artwork by Shag and I am obsessed with it.
...I totally got those bags. :eek: I really love that artwork, too! Did you see that they were briefly available on the Disney Store website on Monday?!
Another point for Harvey's is that their stuff is consistent in the art on it and you don't have all the placement drama you do with Dooney.
YES, exactly. I pretty much never wanted to order a Dooney because the placement could be awful, but that is definitely not a concern with Harveys.
I'm glad you are keeping on with the training and that it is going well for you!
Thanks! :) I'm starting to question my plan/schedule and whether I can realistically keep up with it, so that's something I'm dealing with right now, but mostly it's going well so far.

I'm such an idiot...I should have offered you the hoodie. It's going to someone else :( BUT if you want one, I'm sure you could easily get one on Facebook.

No, no - I totally know what you mean about D&B not seeming high-end. I mean, look at the quality issues they have been dealing with - and then there are people that have, say, Louis Vuittons (not me) and they last for years and years and take a total beating, and they still look perfect. With the D&B I feel like it's always something with the leather corners getting messed up, or the fabric cracking/chipping, or the pattern bleeding...it's annoying! The worst one I had was one of the Disneyana bags with the WDW pattern - carried it for less than 2 weeks and the pattern chipped off of the corners. For a $200+ bag, that's unacceptable.

With you saying that the ones you have are purses/placements that you like - that's where I'm at right now. I have 2 WDW 40th anniversary bags, 2 DL 55th anniversary bags, 1 2013 Marathon (Running Mickey) bag, 1 black balloons and 1 Haunted Mansion. I'm REALLY having a hard time trying to get myself to let go of any of those because they are all patterns that I really love, so I may stick with them. :confused3 But I've been carrying Harveys stuff for about a month now, so if I find I'm just not wanting to switch to the Dooneys or whatever, it'll be time to let them go.

...I totally got those bags. :eek: I really love that artwork, too! Did you see that they were briefly available on the Disney Store website on Monday?!

YES, exactly. I pretty much never wanted to order a Dooney because the placement could be awful, but that is definitely not a concern with Harveys.

Thanks! :) I'm starting to question my plan/schedule and whether I can realistically keep up with it, so that's something I'm dealing with right now, but mostly it's going well so far.
Oh, yeah, you are so totally stupid for not thinking of an internet stranger who occasionally makes comments on trip posts (albeit delightfully witty comments, to be sure) when getting rid of something. For shame! :crazy2:

By the time I saw the Harvey online all that was left was the wallet. But there's a pint glass with the artwork that is pretty cool too, so I can at least drink it if I can't wear it!
Jeez, you've been busy! Your Tink TR is done! I'm going to have to catch up once summer vacation starts and slide my comments in all "yeah, I've been here reading along the WHOLE TIME. What?" And I do love you F.U. fu outfit. It would be hard to not feel like kicking booty when you put it on!

Last edited:
First of all... YAH more positive news from Dr Spine!! SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! :dogdance:

I think I give off "don’t talk to me" vibes pretty well in the weight room (headphones in, keep to myself, resting b*$%^ face, etc.), which, as anti-social as it sounds, is a goal of mine. That is ME TIME, I’m there just to get my workout done, and it’s before coffee, so I’m not interested in chatting. And this guy just talks people’s freaking ears off the entire time he’s there (makes me wonder if he could get his workout done twice as fast if he just shut up a bit).

Can you tell I’m annoyed? Because I am! :teeth:

oh thanks sir for your 'helpful' input
giphy.gif

NOT!!!!! UGH!!! I HATE when people do this... GO AWAY!!!

PURSE TALK! @dancingtodisney you have been warned!

In the meantime, this little cutie came from Harveys today - the Disneyland 60th Anniversary Attractions Posters Hip Pack:
27302855716_4821d25fd7_z.jpg

Thanks for trying haha All that did was draw my attention right to this beauty!!! It's SOOOOO NICE!!

So... Do they have a Disneyworld version? I checked the WDW site and Harveys but didn't see the one you got! I'm obviously asking for a friend... :rolleyes1

*Dooney rant: I thought I was being smart buying the older, better quality Dooneys, but even after using a couple of those, I noticed issues - patterns bleeding, corners getting marked up, leather getting darkened in some spots...and I was starting to fear other common issues I’d heard of, such as patterns yellowing or color transfer from clothes onto the bags, especially on the white bags I had. I even had an old runDisney gEAR bag in my car to but my Dooneys in, in case it began to rain. So yeah, if I’m afraid to carry an expensive bag, no point in owning it! And it’s a bonus if it’ll make someone else happy to own it, and I can get most/all of what I paid for it by selling. :)

I LOVE my donnie crossbody but I totally get your point, I had to return mine because it had a loose thread and the colour did run from my jeans onto it as well so I ended up caring it around like it was antique china! So I was all resigned to stick with my one Doonie and bring it out for my Disney trips and THEN they brought out new darker coloured ones that are soooo tempting... damn you Doonie!

ME TOO!! :lovestruc

It started out okay, but you can tell in the splits where I started to lose it.
Mile 1 - 11:23
Mile 2 - 11:17
Mile 3 - 12:04 <-- !!! :faint:
Mile 4 - 12:08
Mile 5 - 12:34

A very decent showing considering the heat! It's so horrible when this happens though...

Another really good week... I'M SO PROUD OF YOU GIRL!!!! lol

I shall call him...C-3PO de Mayo!
26778143914_42190aa6d0_z.jpg

It's hard to see, but R2D2 and BB-8 are represented on the back (it's supposed to be if you were looking straight down at the top of their heads)!
27385515205_9428bc86a0_z.jpg

I swear INKBURN are trying to tempt me to the dark side with all this star wars stuff!!!!!

This one is awesome! I'm still madly in love with your BB8 top though...

I saw these chewbacca ones in a youtube video but I can't find them anywhere for sale... BOO!
1637b5a8e0b2327a9c15337a53e6e31e.jpg

Oh, yeah, you are so totally stupid for not thinking of an internet stranger who occasionally makes comments on trip posts (albeit delightfully witty comments, to be sure) when getting rid of something. For shame! :crazy2:
:rotfl2: Seriously though, lots for sale on Facebook!! If you really want one I can point you in the right direction!
By the time I saw the Harvey online all that was left was the wallet. But there's a pint glass with the artwork that is pretty cool too, so I can at least drink it if I can't wear it!
Yeah, so...I forgot to mention in my earlier post, but there is a pretty decently-sized (40-45) group of ladies on some of the purse Facebook groups who were scammed out of these bags. Whenever they have new releases, people will volunteer to "shop" for others - they pick up the bags and mail them out, and in return, the person pays retail + shipping + a "shopping fee" (10-20% of retail). So this woman offered to shop for like 40-45 people, charged them...didn't buy any bags for them. :eek: It is a WHOLE big thing, like...there's talk of criminal charges being filed, etc. Luckily I think most, if not all, of them are protected through PayPal, so they should get their money back,

Meanwhile, these ladies still want the bags, and when they went up on DS.com, someone posted about it on Facebook - so between the Facebook groups and (I'm sure) eBay sellers, they were gone almost immediately. So that could explain why you just saw the wallet!
Jeez, you've been busy! Your Tink TR is done! I'm going to have to catch up once summer vacation starts and slide my comments in all "yeah, I've been here reading along the WHOLE TIME. What?"
Yeah, I decided I wanted to be DONE with the Tink TR, so I just wrapped that sucker up. I like writing TRs until I decide I just want them to end... :)
And I do love you F.U. fu outfit. It would be hard to not feel like kicking booty when you put it on!
I always feel like kicking booty in everyday life...add the track suit and that feeling increases tenfold. :cool2: (sorry, in a weird mood)
First of all... YAH more positive news from Dr Spine!! SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! :dogdance:
Yaaaayyyy thanks!! :banana:
oh thanks sir for your 'helpful' input
giphy.gif

NOT!!!!! UGH!!! I HATE when people do this... GO AWAY!!!
THANK YOU!! Pretty sure this was my exact facial expression:
PlxbhyX.jpg

Thanks for trying haha All that did was draw my attention right to this beauty!!! It's SOOOOO NICE!!
Oops!!! I have another one coming this week, you've been warned!
So... Do they have a Disneyworld version? I checked the WDW site and Harveys but didn't see the one you got! I'm obviously asking for a friend... :rolleyes1
No, and I'm pretty sure the one I have is sold out on DS.com. Harveys doesn't really do WDW-specific prints since they are in California (in fact, I don't think WDW sells Harveys at all). :( But this was specifically for the 60th anniversary of Disneyland.
I LOVE my donnie crossbody but I totally get your point, I had to return mine because it had a loose thread and the colour did run from my jeans onto it as well so I ended up caring it around like it was antique china! So I was all resigned to stick with my one Doonie and bring it out for my Disney trips and THEN they brought out new darker coloured ones that are soooo tempting... damn you Doonie!
LAME!! I'm so glad you were able to return it!

They announced new patterns on the DPBlog - darker ones!!

:teeth:
A very decent showing considering the heat! It's so horrible when this happens though...
Thank you! Yep, welcome to summer running...:faint:
Another really good week... I'M SO PROUD OF YOU GIRL!!!! lol
Thanks!! :teeth:

I swear INKBURN are trying to tempt me to the dark side with all this star wars stuff!!!!!
This one is awesome! I'm still madly in love with your BB8 top though...
I know! So much Star Wars stuff!!
I saw these chewbacca ones in a youtube video but I can't find them anywhere for sale... BOO!
1637b5a8e0b2327a9c15337a53e6e31e.jpg
So cute!! Do you have Etsy in Europe? It's a site where people handmake stuff, and there are a ton of people who make Minnie ears. If they ship internationally or if you have something similar in Europe I'm sure you could find something like these!

Just got caught up and wow, lots of happenings! I had to keep some notes on a Post-It! :)

I love that Harvey bag with the Enchanted Tiki Room poster - it's one of my favorite things (DH tolerates my love for it) and I love retro things, so now I'm thinking I need to check these out next time I'm on property...hm. The DL poster attractions bag is cool, too, and even better that you got it at a discount after the fact! I know what you mean about being afraid to carry a high-end bag, which has been my problem in pulling the trigger on a D&B in the first place, but the Harvey bags seem a great alternative! I also really like my BB-8 Loungefly bag and it's a great conversation starter.

Happy belated anniversary to you and Mr. A!

That April Fu tracksuit is ahmahzing and I ADORE that C-3PO singlet, especially since his life-partner droid and their protege are also represented! :rotfl2:

I still haven't pulled the trigger on InB, but only because some of your and @ZellyB 's posts made me realize it's been many months since I ordered a Sparkle Skirt, and so I've ordered TWO in the last week. In addition to the mystery mantra mixes Raw Threads had going on (and maybe still do?) AND signing up for WDW Half through a club, so now my credit card needs a break. I've been eyeing the rose jeans but I think I might take a trip down to West Palm and see them in a physical store.

Sorry to hear that your back is bothering you again, but hopefully the new stretches and routine will help. Great job on your runs, though, those are really great paces, especially coming off an injury!

I'm impressed with how you've been able to so many Dooney's! That must feel great! It really is win/win too, since it is making someone happy to own it!

So I have total ADD on the treadmill and often do some type of tempo run like you described where every minute I am going up a notch in speed and then I start to come down. The treadmill is just so dang boring to me, that this is way to make it more exciting haha However, since I've been more cognizant of my heart rate and making sure it doesn't climb too high I have been setting it a lower consistent speed.

Next week is my first week on the Hal Higdon Intermediate 10K plan. Lots of running days up ahead!

I LOVE that C3P0 singlet!! I love Day of the Dead type of artwork. On an unrelated note, it makes me excited to see what Pixar is going to do with their Day of the Dead movie coming out next year! :)

Oh and seriously annoying gym guy? I like to think of myself as a nice, sweet person generally but I would not be OK with someone trying to correct me OR chat me up at the gym. I'm sorry he is there when you are and hope he doesn't have any corrections for you in the future! ;)

Just got caught up and wow, lots of happenings! I had to keep some notes on a Post-It! :)
:yay:
I love that Harvey bag with the Enchanted Tiki Room poster - it's one of my favorite things (DH tolerates my love for it) and I love retro things, so now I'm thinking I need to check these out next time I'm on property...hm. The DL poster attractions bag is cool, too, and even better that you got it at a discount after the fact! I know what you mean about being afraid to carry a high-end bag, which has been my problem in pulling the trigger on a D&B in the first place, but the Harvey bags seem a great alternative! I also really like my BB-8 Loungefly bag and it's a great conversation starter.
I love the Tiki Room too! I kept avoiding it because, to be honest, I thought it sounded dumb - but now I love it. :) Dooney sure has been cranking out the patterns lately, I'm glad that I've sort of resolved to stop buying them because I'd go broke.

I know the BB-8 bag you're talking about - so cute!!
Happy belated anniversary to you and Mr. A!
Thank you!! :)
That April Fu tracksuit is ahmahzing and I ADORE that C-3PO singlet, especially since his life-partner droid and their protege are also represented! :rotfl2:
Hahaha!! It's just perfect!!
I still haven't pulled the trigger on InB, but only because some of your and @ZellyB 's posts made me realize it's been many months since I ordered a Sparkle Skirt, and so I've ordered TWO in the last week. In addition to the mystery mantra mixes Raw Threads had going on (and maybe still do?) AND signing up for WDW Half through a club, so now my credit card needs a break. I've been eyeing the rose jeans but I think I might take a trip down to West Palm and see them in a physical store.
Well, yeah - a skirt cannot travel alone!

If you can try the pants on in a store, definitely do that. I don't have any stores around me and it took my quite awhile to figure out my sizing. :(
Sorry to hear that your back is bothering you again, but hopefully the new stretches and routine will help. Great job on your runs, though, those are really great paces, especially coming off an injury!
Thank you!! I've been a little frustrated lately but I think things are starting to turn around. :)
I'm impressed with how you've been able to so many Dooney's! That must feel great! It really is win/win too, since it is making someone happy to own it!
I think I've reached the point where I'll have a really hard time letting go of the ones that I have left in the Dooney department...but I don't want to own, like, 30 purses, so at some point I'll need to make some tough decisions! And yeah, if I'm not using them and someone else will be happier to have them, it's just better all around.
So I have total ADD on the treadmill and often do some type of tempo run like you described where every minute I am going up a notch in speed and then I start to come down. The treadmill is just so dang boring to me, that this is way to make it more exciting haha However, since I've been more cognizant of my heart rate and making sure it doesn't climb too high I have been setting it a lower consistent speed.
YES!! I totally have treadmill ADD! We have TVs in the gym at work, so that helps...but varying the speed helps more. It's such a mental battle!
Next week is my first week on the Hal Higdon Intermediate 10K plan. Lots of running days up ahead!
Eeeek, good luck!! :yay:
I LOVE that C3P0 singlet!! I love Day of the Dead type of artwork. On an unrelated note, it makes me excited to see what Pixar is going to do with their Day of the Dead movie coming out next year! :)
Me too! I love me a good Pixar movie! :) I know they will come up with something awesome.
Oh and seriously annoying gym guy? I like to think of myself as a nice, sweet person generally but I would not be OK with someone trying to correct me OR chat me up at the gym. I'm sorry he is there when you are and hope he doesn't have any corrections for you in the future! ;)
Yes, thank you!! I don't know what his deal is, but I am SO over it!! :confused3 Gym time is not chatting time!!

Pre-10 Miler Training - Week 4
Monday, May 30 - Sunday, June5, 2016
9.75 miles completed

Another wordy post...ack!!

Monday, May 30 (2.5-mile run)
Happy Memorial Day!! Thank you to all of those who have served and are currently serving our country! ::yes::

I dressed for the occasion:
26872987754_04625f2392_z.jpg

Another not-so-great run today. I was out the door earlier (a little before 9) but it just did not feel very good. My quads were really cramping up. Not sure what the deal is (hydration? Just really not used to this weather?)...and I have runs scheduled for the next 3 days, so hopefully things will get better!

I even took water with me - which I normally don't do for such short runs - but it didn't help much. I took 2-3 30-second walk breaks to drink up and still had the cramping. Sigh...on the bright side, I used my new INKnBURN Club water bottle holder for the first time and liked it a lot!

Total time for this run: 28:47, 11:31/mile pace.

After the run, Mr. A and I did lots of cleaning (the garage, the freezer, the lazy susan in our kitchen, etc.). Productive day!

And yesterday, I did some shopping - but not a purse! A running-related item...and not INKnBURN! :eek:

I was thinking about how crappy my run was on Sunday and how I totally should have taken water with me (I had thought about taking my INKnBURN bottle but it would have been the first time I used it, and I was too lazy to wash it. I learned my lesson for today!). And then I thought about how the rest of my runs over the next few months will be in similar temperatures...so I should probably get serious about hydration during said runs. I did a little research and ordered a Single Barrel HydraQuiver by Orange Mud, a company based out of California.

Debated on black or pink...ended up picking pink. :)

HydraQuiver_Single_Barrel_Pink_Combo_1024x1024.jpg

I have had a Camelback for a few years (they don’t seem to make the one I had anymore, but it’s like this one) that has worked okay, but it definitely keeps me warmer than I’d like during runs since it covers my entire back, and I HATE maintaining the bladder - I’d have to take 10-15 minutes after my run to dry it out so it wouldn’t get moldy. As a result of both of these annoyances, I rarely use the Camelback - and with the temperatures going up I need something that I won’t be annoyed to take with me when I run. The HydraQuiver seems easier to take care of than the Camelback (washing a bottle vs. the bladder) and the pack itself is on the upper back only, so it shouldn’t feel quite so warm when running. I don’t like water bottle belts AT ALL and I do have the INKnBURN handheld, but that’ll only last me so long.

I kept going back and forth over whether to get the double or single bottle model - the double was about $20 and I was thinking it would be a nice option because I could have, say, water in one bottle and Gatorade in the other, or just tons of water. And if I didn’t want to carry quite so much I could use just one bottle. But as I thought about it more, I decided the two-bottle model would probably be overkill for the distances I’ll be doing, and if I ran with just one full bottle it would probably feel weird and uneven, so single it is. The other thing that occurred to me was that it would be easy to refill the included bottle (which holds 25 ounces) during a run if I needed to - it seems super obvious but it’s not possible with the Camelback, so that was sort of a revelation to me. And I can bring my handheld with me if I want more water, or I could put Gatorade in one bottle and water in the other.

The HydraQuiver also has nice pockets for phones, gels, etc.., so that’ll be good. And the pack itself is machine washable (they recommend hand washing - ain’t nobody got time for that! - but say that the pack can be put in the washing machine on delicate cycle, so that’s what I’ll be doing).

Definitely not a cheap investment, but some of the INKnBURN Ambassadors are also Orange Mud Ambassadors, so I was able to use a 15% off code from one of them, and I got free shipping on my order. Excited to try it out! If I like it, I think this will make summer running WAY more bearable. And if I don’t, apparently Orange Mud has an awesome return policy, so I could send it back and look for a better option. But this thing gets great reviews, so I’m hopeful it’ll work for me.

Tuesday, May 31 (lifting/1.5-mile run)
Back to work! Ugghhhhh. I have 2 big projects going on right now that need to be done before we head to see Captain Mickey on the Disney Dream in a couple of weeks (because OF COURSE they have to be going on at the same time, arrrg), so the $%*@ has hit the fan over here, so to speak. At least I'll really feel like I earned that cruise!

And back to the gym! Since it’s Tuesday, there was a different crowd of people in the weight room compared to who I’m used to on Monday mornings. It was nice...really nice. Everyone was quiet, no one bugged me, equipment was not missing (the 20-pound dumbbells were present and accounted for)...it’s actually making me consider switching my weekly schedule around…ridiculous, right? :rolleyes2

After the gym, I changed into my running shoes and hopped onto the treadmill. The first couple of minutes were awful - I just SO did not want to do this run and was seriously questioning whether I can do these double workout days. My quads felt a little better than the previous two days, but not great.

I kept going, and the more I ran, the better my quads felt...and the better my mind felt. I think that physically, I CAN do these double workout days...the challenge is going to be whether I WANT to do them. If I’m struggling with working up the motivation when the runs are still short, I’m not sure how this’ll go once the runs get longer - it’ll be more treadmill time and I’ll have to wake up earlier to get everything done before work (which is already a struggle). So if I decide I don’t want to deal with this, what goes? Do I cut out lifting, or do I cut out some running? :scratchin I’m going to try to stick with my current schedule (which includes adding in day 5 of running on Thursday - so another double workout day :eek:) until my 10-miler training "really" begins in a few weeks and then go from there.

Camera switch update...good news and bad news.

Bad news: I got an email that the new camera I bought is on back-order. :( There’s no expected shipping date for it in my account, but on the page to purchase the camera it says they are shipping starting June 9. I hope it ships by then! As I mentioned above, Mr. A and I are cruising in a few weeks and I would like to have it for that trip! If now, it’ll be all phone pictures (which wouldn’t be the end of the world).

Good news: I got a second email update, this one on my old equipment that I sold (the camera body and lenses - which I was too afraid to sell on eBay. I feel like I never was knowledgeable enough to notice little issues with the lenses or whatever, so I didn’t want to sell something and have someone come back saying they found an issue I hadn’t noticed). The update was that I’m getting the full amount that the company quoted me and that the check is in the mail! This is from the same company that I bought the new point-and-shoot from, so while I’m a little annoyed that they misquoted me on the shipping date for the new camera (I was under the impression it was going to ship out on May 26...sigh), I’m definitely impressed with the used department. It was super quick and easy to sell to them, and I’m glad I’m getting the full amount that they quoted me (I tried to sell to another company once and when I sent my stuff in, they REALLY lowballed me compared to the online quote - this other company, B&H Photo, has been great).

Wednesday, June 1 (2x800 @ 5K pace)
Happy June (and Happy Global Running Day!)! Time for a new purse...the Minnie Colorblock Medium Streamline Tote by Harveys!

DISCLAIMER, KAREN - It's a purse picture!!
27447662706_9af52ef413_z.jpg

Isn’t it super cute? Love it. :)

And time for some speedwork...eeek!

Can I just say...I was SO relieved to "just" have to run today, and not lift. I talked with Mr. A last night about not being sure if I could really keep up with this schedule I have set up (5 days of running + 2 days of lifting + 1 yoga class). He basically just said he doesn’t want me to overdo it and possibly hurt myself, which is a valid concern. Just not sure what to do yet! I guess, like I said yesterday (repeating myself, ack!) I’ll just see how it goes over the next couple of weeks. I DEFINITELY don’t think I can keep this up with Goofy training.

Anyway...speedwork. Today I did a 0.5-mile warm-up, then 2x800 meter repeats with 0.25-mile rest interval, and 0.5-mile cooldown. Total distance of 2.25 miles.

For the warm-up, I did the following:

0.1 miles at 3.0 MPH
0.1 miles at 3.2 MPH
0.1 miles at 3.3 MPH
0.1 miles at 5.0 MPH
0.1 miles at 5.5 MPH

So I walked most of it, but eventually was running - I just cannot go right from walking to my speed interval. My body is not a fan of doing that! Speed interval was done at 5.8MPH - so 0.5 miles @ 10:20/mile pace (my 5K pace based on the 10K I did a couple of weeks ago).

Then 0.25-mile rest interval...

0.05 miles at 3.0 MPH
0.05 miles at 3.2 MPH
0.05 miles at 3.3 MPH
0.05 miles at 5.0 MPH
0.05 miles at 5.5 MPH

And then the second 0.5-mile interval, done at the same 10:20/mile pace. And then the cool down, which was a reverse of the warm-up...

0.1 miles at 5.5 MPH
0.1 miles at 5.0 MPH
0.1 miles at 3.3 MPH
0.1 miles at 3.2 MPH
0.1 miles at 3.0 MPH

Definitely challenging...the hardest part of the whole thing was the 0.2 miles directly after the second speed interval, when I just wanted to walk but instead continued to run for a bit! But overall I did like doing the warm-up, cooldown and rest intervals this way, so I think I’ll stick with it. And while it WAS challenging, I did feel pretty good throughout.

MILESTONE: I woke up today about an hour before my alarm needing to use the bathroom (arrrrg hate when that happens) - ZERO back pain!!!! :banana: It has been MONTHS since that has happened - at least 6-8 months I would say! After going back to bed and waking up for good a little bit of the soreness was back, but still - this was very encouraging! :)

VENT: Still looking for Mr. A’s flights for Wine & Dine weekend. I found an itinerary on Southwest that is PERFECT time-wise, but it’s almost $400 RT! YIKES!! I know part of the reason my flights were such a good deal ($218 roundtrip) is due to my flying home on Monday vs. Sunday (when Mr. A will be flying home)...but man, that doubles the price? Crazy! I guess I’ll just keep checking...in the meantime, we’re getting a Southwest credit card with the 50,000 points deal, so no matter the price, we WILL be paying for these flights with points and not cash. :)

Thursday, June 2 (lifting/0.5-mile run)
Another double-up day, and I really, REALLY did not want to do it. Knowing that it was a 0.5-mile run was pretty much the only way I got it done. This is not going to last. :(

Friday, June 3 (rest)

Happy National Donut Day!!
27481748645_6582963b55_z.jpg

Went to the local bakery - they were OUT OF DONUTS!! :faint: What?! Luckily, the grocery store was fully stocked. :)

Saturday, June 4 (3-mile run)
Tried out my Orange Mud pack today - I figured it would be a good idea to try it on a shorter run to see if I like it. This arrived in the mail on Thursday (along with my camera check, woohoo!!)

The outside, with the zipper pocket for a phone and the water bottle holder (the water bottle was included, but no pic of it):
27481752185_554628508c_z.jpg

And the other side - nice and padded. There are little velcro'd pockets on both sides where I can keep gels and whatnot:
27481751755_bac773615b_z.jpg

The verdict? Not sure yet. It was comfortable...except for the straps digging into my armpits. I didn’t get any chafing, and it didn’t move around on my back or anything, so I feel like I must have had it adjusted correctly...or maybe it was actually too tight? I’m undecided as to whether I want to keep it - I think I’ll try it again for next weekend’s run and see how it does. They are optional padded sleeves that I could add to the pack, so I may get those if the same thing happens next weekend...they’re only $10.

Like I said in Monday's update, normally I wouldn’t bring water on such a short run, but I was glad to have it today - this run SUCKED!! I feel like I’m just struggling lately, not sure if I’m just not used to the weather or what. My pace wasn’t too bad though (3 miles @ 11:30ish)...my legs just felt so heavy.

At least my outfit was on point:
27447666626_b17aa56f75_z.jpg

I’ve been thinking about it more, and I’m going to try a schedule change that I’ve been mulling over - cutting out lifting completely and upping the yoga each week to 2-3 classes. I think I’ll just be happier if I do that - no more of those double mornings, no more dealing with jerks in the weight room (as pathetic as it sounds, yes, that does factor into my decision :rolleyes2), and I just like yoga better than lifting. I just don't think I want to be talking myself into running after lifting twice per week every week. Or who knows, maybe I’ll hate it. Worth a shot, though.

Sunday, June 5 (yoga)
Great class today! Except for the balance sequence where I was super wobbly, it felt great to get back to yoga. :)

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
That water backpack is interesting, hadn't seen one like that, will be interested to see how it goes for you. As for lifting and running, I only lift (just hand weights) after running a couple times a week, nothing crazy. Lifting isn't my favorite either so I don't prioritize it. So, maybe changing up your plan will be good. Maybe get, if you don't already have, a small set of handweights to use at home after a weekend run when you aren't pressed for time to get into work. Change ups are always good I say.

My brother has a Camelback (I have no idea why, since I've never known him to take an interest in running anywhere other than the treadmill, and I don't think he's hiked in about 9-10 years, and even then, it was probably with school), and the idea of wearing something like that in the summer horrifies me. So I totally get going for something smaller. I hope it ends up being comfortable! I generally just hold my giant 32-oz water bottle, but I know that's not a viable option for most people (it's not that great of an option for me some days), so I'm always interested in seeing what else is out there.

Boo for the new camera being on back-order. I hope you get it before your cruise!

The new bag is super cute! I really need to start looking into these Harveys bags ... they're probably out of my price range (pretty much everything is out of my price range), but they're so cute!!

Yay for waking up with no back pain! That's definitely an awesome milestone!

I think the yoga vs. lifting thing is interesting. It's definitely better to enjoy what you're doing, but lifting and yoga are definitely different things. It's a good idea to change it up and see if doing more yoga is what works better for you, but ... definitely important to be open to all possibilities. Maybe you'll miss lifting. Or maybe you'll keep doing the yoga 2-3 times per week and never look back. You won't know until you try.

Super cute running outfit! Love that skirt and C 3PO singlet together!

It really is hard to fit in all the fitness we want to get in! Running of course has to take priority since you are training for a race. In the end, you are being active and getting fit and I think they are a million ways to do that. Enjoying what you do has got to be a top concern. Also, I feel like yoga can increase strength for sure, so you are getting the strong core/stabilizing benefits that will would help with your running. Good luck figuring it all out!

Also, I would have a really hard time concentrating on work or anything else, knowing I had a Disney cruise coming up quickly! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Catching up after a bit of a DIS absence!

That is ME TIME, I’m there just to get my workout done, and it’s before coffee, so I’m not interested in chatting. And this guy just talks people’s freaking ears off the entire time he’s there (makes me wonder if he could get his workout done twice as fast if he just shut up a bit).

Ugh, I hate this - also, what the heck is with people commenting on form? Not cool. I don't mind if people make a couple of comments to be friendly, but I don't really want to have a conversation in the gym. I want to zone out to my music and get my workout done :P

I’m fine with waiting my turn for stuff, but why can’t people be considerate and put things back once they are done using them?! ARRG!!! :furious:

Also annoying! That just seems so frustrating for everyone. I know I don't want to be looking around for equipment wondering where someone else might have left it :/

...the run where I realize how dumb I am for not waking up earlier, because summertime weather is no joke!!

It isn't! I'm so missing the cool spring runs. I did a local 5k group run on Saturday and it was tough. We started about 7:30 and it was somewhere around 80 degrees or so when we finished, and was not cloudy at all. Plus, the heat and humidity are just so draining to me - I was tired for the rest of the day after that run, and it wasn't even particularly "long". Even waking up early doesn't totally help, but it does do a little bit :)

as pathetic as it sounds, yes, that does factor into my decision :rolleyes2

I totally understand - no reason to deal with frustrating people in the gym if you don't have to :) And yoga sounds like it will be a good fit!

Do you felt like you got hotter with the backpack? I've thought about trying one, not that I mind my water belt, but I'm always up for an alternative.

Chris bought the double-barrel Orange Mud backpack a couple of months ago and he really likes it. It did take him a little bit of time to get used to it, but I think after a few runs, he has settled in pretty well with it. He did have to play a bit with the straps that go under your arms to get them comfortable. He uses it all the time on his long runs and he's been doing quite a few lately getting ready for his 50K in a couple of weeks. I'm glad he got it because for years, I've been the pack mule for the two of us when we run together - now he gets to take a turn at it. :) I just bought a new (used) belt recently after using a handheld for a couple of years. It's way more comfortable than my old one although the fluid capacity is a bit limited. Still it's nice to run hands-free again.

The Minnie bag is adorable. Just love it!!

I think you might be wise to pull back a bit on the double workouts. You don't want to overdo things. Glad you had a good re-entry to yoga. Namaste!

That water backpack is interesting, hadn't seen one like that, will be interested to see how it goes for you. As for lifting and running, I only lift (just hand weights) after running a couple times a week, nothing crazy. Lifting isn't my favorite either so I don't prioritize it. So, maybe changing up your plan will be good. Maybe get, if you don't already have, a small set of handweights to use at home after a weekend run when you aren't pressed for time to get into work. Change ups are always good I say.
Me neither, I have only ever seen the Camelbacks. I do like this one better for many reason (smaller, lighter, easier to clean), I just don't want it to mangle my armpits. :)

We actually have one of those BoFlex (I think that's the brand) sets of adjustable weights at some, that go from 5 pounds - 50 pounds, so I can definitely mix that in if I feel I'm missing out.
My brother has a Camelback (I have no idea why, since I've never known him to take an interest in running anywhere other than the treadmill, and I don't think he's hiked in about 9-10 years, and even then, it was probably with school), and the idea of wearing something like that in the summer horrifies me. So I totally get going for something smaller. I hope it ends up being comfortable! I generally just hold my giant 32-oz water bottle, but I know that's not a viable option for most people (it's not that great of an option for me some days), so I'm always interested in seeing what else is out there.
ha, that made me LOL. :) Sometimes I see people wearing those at Disney - like, not during a race. Just around the parks. Some people are serious about hydration, I guess. I think I just need to figure out my ideal "setting" for this new pack and it'll work out well...I hope so, anyway.
Boo for the new camera being on back-order. I hope you get it before your cruise!
Me too!! :( If not...oh well!
The new bag is super cute! I really need to start looking into these Harveys bags ... they're probably out of my price range (pretty much everything is out of my price range), but they're so cute!!
They are definitely cute, and they are NOT Dooney prices. Speaking of prices...I have been hearing rumors that Coach will start doing Disney bags, and I saw a preliminary price list on Facebook over the weekend...they make the Dooneys seem like a bargain! :eek:
Yay for waking up with no back pain! That's definitely an awesome milestone!
Yes!! It's happened two more times since then...I feel like I am making some real progress! :yay:
I think the yoga vs. lifting thing is interesting. It's definitely better to enjoy what you're doing, but lifting and yoga are definitely different things. It's a good idea to change it up and see if doing more yoga is what works better for you, but ... definitely important to be open to all possibilities. Maybe you'll miss lifting. Or maybe you'll keep doing the yoga 2-3 times per week and never look back. You won't know until you try.
Yes...I'm waiting for someone to comment on this idea of cutting lifting in favor of yoga and telling me that I'm being an idiot and that I'll hurt myself or something. It hasn't happened yet...:confused3
Super cute running outfit! Love that skirt and C 3PO singlet together!
Thanks! I feel like the blues don't quite go, but I just wanted to wear that outfit anyway! :p
It really is hard to fit in all the fitness we want to get in! Running of course has to take priority since you are training for a race. In the end, you are being active and getting fit and I think they are a million ways to do that. Enjoying what you do has got to be a top concern. Also, I feel like yoga can increase strength for sure, so you are getting the strong core/stabilizing benefits that will would help with your running. Good luck figuring it all out!
Yes it is!! I like your take on things though, that I'm still being active and that I need to enjoy it. I do enjoy yoga more than lifting, and like you said, yoga is still good for increasing strength. I think most people think that yoga is just about stretching and saying "om" - depending on the class it can be tougher than that!
Also, I would have a really hard time concentrating on work or anything else, knowing I had a Disney cruise coming up quickly! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Ahhh!!! Right?! Stupid work...it DOES pay for Disney, though...
Catching up after a bit of a DIS absence!
Welcome back! :wave:
Ugh, I hate this - also, what the heck is with people commenting on form? Not cool. I don't mind if people make a couple of comments to be friendly, but I don't really want to have a conversation in the gym. I want to zone out to my music and get my workout done :P
Yes, exactly. I mean, if I was doing something dangerous and the guy thought I was going to hurt myself, that's one thing. But knowing how this guy is, it wasn't about that - he just wanted to seem like a know-it-all. :rolleyes2
Also annoying! That just seems so frustrating for everyone. I know I don't want to be looking around for equipment wondering where someone else might have left it :/
Ugh! I know! Why are people inconsiderate? I definitely need a break from the weight room (and its lack of etiquette) for awhile! :mad:
It isn't! I'm so missing the cool spring runs. I did a local 5k group run on Saturday and it was tough. We started about 7:30 and it was somewhere around 80 degrees or so when we finished, and was not cloudy at all. Plus, the heat and humidity are just so draining to me - I was tired for the rest of the day after that run, and it wasn't even particularly "long". Even waking up early doesn't totally help, but it does do a little bit :)
Me too...where did spring go?!

That stinks about your 5K - 80 degrees at 7:30?! What are you supposed to do, run in the middle of the night? Come back, spring...
I totally understand - no reason to deal with frustrating people in the gym if you don't have to :) And yoga sounds like it will be a good fit!
I think so! With yoga, it's like...people come in and do their thing and no one really pays attention to what anyone else is doing (except for the yoga instructor). My kind of working out! :)
Do you felt like you got hotter with the backpack? I've thought about trying one, not that I mind my water belt, but I'm always up for an alternative.
Maybe a little bit? But coming from the Camelback it is light years better. I'll have to take some comparison pictures with it on at some point this week. I just really cannot friggin stand the belts. :confused3
Chris bought the double-barrel Orange Mud backpack a couple of months ago and he really likes it. It did take him a little bit of time to get used to it, but I think after a few runs, he has settled in pretty well with it. He did have to play a bit with the straps that go under your arms to get them comfortable. He uses it all the time on his long runs and he's been doing quite a few lately getting ready for his 50K in a couple of weeks. I'm glad he got it because for years, I've been the pack mule for the two of us when we run together - now he gets to take a turn at it. :) I just bought a new (used) belt recently after using a handheld for a couple of years. It's way more comfortable than my old one although the fluid capacity is a bit limited. Still it's nice to run hands-free again.
Okay, this gives me hope. So does he really have it all up in his armpits? I was watching the YouTube video and the guy that was demonstrating was saying to make it pretty tight...or maybe I did have it adjusted correctly and just need to get used to it, like you said Chris did.

Yay for not being a pack mule anymore! :) Did you ever carry water bottles in your skirt pockets? I never tried that...just putting my phone in a pocket would make my skirt fall down, so with a water bottle in there I'd be mooning everyone! :eek:
The Minnie bag is adorable. Just love it!!
Me toooo - my only concern is the white dots. I hope they don't get dirty! :eek:
I think you might be wise to pull back a bit on the double workouts. You don't want to overdo things. Glad you had a good re-entry to yoga. Namaste!
I think so too - I think what I had originally planned was a little over-ambitious, both physically and (more so) mentally. Hopefully the new schedule will be better! :)

Okay, this gives me hope. So does he really have it all up in his armpits? I was watching the YouTube video and the guy that was demonstrating was saying to make it pretty tight...or maybe I did have it adjusted correctly and just need to get used to it, like you said Chris did.

Yay for not being a pack mule anymore! :) Did you ever carry water bottles in your skirt pockets? I never tried that...just putting my phone in a pocket would make my skirt fall down, so with a water bottle in there I'd be mooning everyone! :eek:

He does actually have it up in his armpits. I think at first he felt like they were too tight and would be a problem, so he work it a bit looser, but then found it moved around some and that made it worse. At least I think that's what I'm remembering. Seems like once he actually tightened it down more that it did better. I'll ask him tonight to be sure.

I've never done water bottles in my skirt. Like you I think that would just make them way too heavy. My phone is sometimes bad enough.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest