A perfect day!! (Day 2)

dandave

The more I travel, the more I appreciate coming ho
Me, Angela (My sisters think I'm Owl)
Gina, Little Sis #1 (Rabbit)
Lynn, Little Sis #2 (Eeyore)

We were up early Friday, and caught a boat within minutes to MK. We were through security at almost exactly 9 o'clock. Things were looking good! I put in my pass and... I put in my pass again. Hmmmm. It was spitting out my pass, before allowing me to do the finger scan. The CM looked my pass over, and it was EXPIRED! Expired?? I just got it yesterday! Apparently, the Guest Services CM had put in 2002 instead of 2003. I knew something wasn't right about that pass.. Off to GS, to get this fixed. I only had to wait a few minutes to fix this minor problem, then we were in the MK.
I'm going to give ya'll a rundown of what we rode with the ride times, in case anyone is interested in the crowd levels. If I say No Wait (NW), then that means we either walked right on or waited less than 5 minutes. Here we goooooooo!

Buzz NW
SpM NW
Barnstormer NW 2X (didn't have to get off)
Snow White NW
Small World NW
Got a FP for Peter Pan
HM NW
Peter Pan with FP
Pirates 10min wait
Got some iced coffee, yogurt, orange slushy and took a break.

Then we left MK and got on a bus headed for the AKL. I wanted to show the lodge to Gina and Lynn, and they wanted to shop in the gift shop there. They really liked the AKL, but both liked WL better. Gina found tons of stuff here that she wanted to purchase, but we had planned to go to the AK next. She didn't want to carry the packages around, and the CMs at the register said that it would take 3-4 days to have them delivered to WL. We decided that we would just drive back over during the weekend. Unfortunately, we never found the time. :(
Around 1 o'clock we grabbed a bus over to the AK. We had a very tasty lunch at the Tusker House. Neither of them had tried the TH, and we all really enjoyed it. I got us the Meal Deal coupons at the register, so we each had a coupon for a soda/water and an ice cream/popcorn left over. Good deal! I ended up giving my ice cream/popcorn coupon to an older lady with a little boy, and she "blessed my heart". There's something about that phrase that makes me feel all warm and good inside. I'd rather have my heart blessed than an ice cream any day of the week!
I had never done the regular Safari here - only the AKL Sunrise Safari. Gina said this was one of her favorites, so we headed over. No wait! This really was fun, too. Sure beats being in the AKL lounge before sun-up with no coffee in my system... Next we grabbed a FP for Kali, before heading onto the Jungle Trek. I had never done this before, either. I felt like a complete newbie to AK. We then headed over to It's TTBA Bug (NW) and Dinosaur (NW), before heading back to Kali.
Lynn had never been on KRR, and Gina and I were so hoping that she would get soaked. They sat together, and I sat with a very nice man. This man and I got absolutely drenched!! Gina and Lynn were rolling with laughter. We're doing this again!! This time we walked right on, and I sat with Lynn. Lynn did get soaked this time but so did I, again!! Every single article of my clothing was dripping wet. I sloshed my way out to the little smoking path with those two laughing behind me all the way. I had a little break, while we caught the parade. You can see the parade really well from this path, and it is amost completely deserted. After the parade, we sloshed back to the WL to change.
None of us can be accused of overpacking, so I stopped by the WL gift shop to get us all a WL T-Shirt. All these wet clothes really added to the "Candy" theme of our room. We showered and it was around 6:30 p.m. I called Disney Dining to see if we could get a PS for Tony's. The only thing they had was for 8:15, so we took it.
We headed back to the MK, and decided to take the train over to Frontier Land. The wait for Splash was over 30 minutes, so we just walked around a little before heading to Tony's. It was then that I remembered about the 8:30 parade.
When we arrived at Tony's everyone was asking for a table on the patio or by the windows. I heard the CM saying that it probably wouldn't happen, because "everyone" was asking for that and there was a long wait. So, I too asked, but very nicely. I said "if possible" and if not, then it was no problem at all, I understood, yadda, yadda, yadda. Well, we only had time to wash our hands before we were called to our table by the windows. Woohooo!! I couldn't believe it. I was gushing my thank-you to our hostess. Perfect! Our meal was terrific, and our server Claude was fantastic.
We then went over and walked right onto Dumbo and Snow White, again.
All day long Gina and I had been planning to get Lynn on the outside seat of Alladin, so that the camel could get her wet. We hopped onto the very last Alladin ride of the night with Lynn in the outer back seat beside Gina. I was up front driving. Then, the fireworks started! OMG! The fireworks were so beautiful that I just about forgot to get Lynn wet. Gina was in the back seat yelling Camel, Camel, Camel, before I remembered what I was supposed to be doing. I swooped down just in time to get Lynn wet! Hahahaha!! We got her wet a couple of times, and were completely content with ourselves.
We caught the rest of the fireworks in front of Pecos Bill's, then headed to the PB restrooms. Just before entering, Gina was pointing in and trying to tell me something. The three of us rounded the corner and stopped dead in our tracks. We were in the women's restroom, but there was this man in there gingerly opening the bathroom stall door. You could tell he was uncertain about where he was. Perhaps the lack of urinals and pink tile had caused his unease.... He looked at us and turned beet red. "Awww, geeez, I'm in the Women's bathroom". We all busted out, but tried to ease his embarrassment. We couldn't stop laughing, though.
E-ride night was a blast. we rode everything we wanted to as many times as we wanted with the only real wait being 10 minutes for Big Thunder. The memorable moments occured at HM and Space Mountain.
I must have never ridden HM at night, because this was unlike anything I can remember. We walked on and the first CM was really yelling at everyone to squeeze in. OK, we giggled, she must be having a bad night. When we exited this first room I was half turned talking to Gina and Lynn, when she jumped out in front of me from behind the wall and yelled, "BOO!!!" I screamed bloody murder, then laughed so hard I about wet my pants. Everyone around me thought this was just hilarious, but none more so than Gina and Lynn. They said that no one they know deserved that more than I did... Is that right?! So, I made sure to tell them both to be very alert, because I had heard that the CMs often hide within the ride itself and jump out to scare people. Gina is afraid of the dark anyway, so I really enjoyed watching those two bundles of nerves jump at *every* single thing throughout the HM ride. Hehehehe!
On SpMtn, Gina and I were making a beeline for the entrance, when we realized that we had lost Eeyore, I mean Lynn, altogether.
Some woman had stopped Lynn to ask her if her little girl could ride Space with us. Huh? I mean, you can look at Lynn and tell she's no axe murderer, but geeze... So, we ended up with Lynn's little charge, Sarah. Sarah was sweet, but I couldn't help repeating "This ain't the Cub's Den" in my mind. I had to sit in a separate car so that Lynn, Gina and Sarah could sit together. We rode twice with Sarah, before we finally got her mother to take her back.
Alien was our last ride of the night before we finally made it back to the lodge. It was well after 1 o'clock, and we all collapsed.
It was a perfect day!

I totally forgot that we had breakfast at the Main Street Bakery this morning, before hitting the rides. We had strawberry shortcake for me, a sticky bun for Gina, and an apple turnover for Lynn. We also shared a quiche, which Gina and I really enjoyed. It could have used a little salt, but it was extremely good.
There are very few tables here- a few inside and a few on the sidewalk. We just took our tray over and ate at Casey's (after walking around in circles a couple of times). While sitting here, the singers/dancers came out to do their little routine on the trolley. The food here is very fresh and the CMs are extremely pleasant. It was a great start to our day! :D

Dandave,

You are making me wish I was there. Reading your posts I felt like I WAS really there. Cant wait to hear some more. Gosh is it really 250 days away????? :::IM POUTING:::

You three sound like a lot of fun!

Barnstormer 2X? That's my kind of coaster! None of those 200 ft monsters for me.

I haven't been on Kali yet (this year for sure!) but we have a very similar ride at an amusement park near us. People never seem to catch on that "You WILL get wet, you MAY get soaked" really means "You WILL get soaked, your shoes WILL splash with every step, and your underwear WILL still be wet four hours later!"

A man coming out of the ladies room! Well, it was bound to happen some time! :D

Hi everyone! I really wasn't sure if anyone would read my reports, much less take the time to post. Bless your hearts!! ;)

I wish I could get my sisters to go to WDW with me that would be so much fun. I know that my younger one would go but our middle sister is such a party pooper.
I am so glad you all had a good time

That's too funny about the restrooms at PB's. While there in June we had a quick lunch and were seated at a small table between two columns with a great view of the restroom doors. ;)

We also witnessed an older gentleman entering the women's restroom--mind you, there were women coming and going since it was lunch time! I'm not sure how this guy could have missed the fact that he was in the wrong facility, BUT he didn't come out any too quickly either! He was certainly there long enough to take care of business! :D

We were practically rolling by the time the man exited and never did head to the men's room! Go figure. . .

these are some awesome posts, but i have just one ?. I have never seen planes, trains, and automobiles, so what is "candying up the place" mean.

poohangel

Hi poohangel! In that movie John Candy and Steve Martin ended up sharing a room with a double bed. Candy took his shower first. He used up all the towels, so Steve had to dry off with a washcloth! Candy also made a "soup" in the sink by filling it with water, his dirty socks and underwear, which poor Steve accidently used to wash his face. To top it all off, Candy's beer exploded all over the bed when he decided to use the "vibrating bed" option. ;) Love that movie!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!