A Note About Purchasing Disneyland Tickets Discussions

I actually found the reservation availability page rather confusing. We ended up purchasing park hopper tickets, otherwise according to the page we would not have been able to start off our day at Disneyland.

The reservation process itself was quick, but it's not part of the purchasing steps, so I could see people forgetting to do it.

I actually found the reservation availability page rather confusing. We ended up purchasing park hopper tickets, otherwise according to the page we would not have been able to start off our day at Disneyland.

The reservation process itself was quick, but it's not part of the purchasing steps, so I could see people forgetting to do it.

When I went on the website to purchase tickets, the page before adding tickets specifically reminded me that a reservation needed to be made, and to check for dates available before buying. Both Undercover and Getawaytoday also remind those buying. Iā€™m not sure what else can be done so people donā€™t forget.

Iā€™m also assuming the reservation process is not in the purchasing portion because you can only reserve so far ahead of time, and people purchasing might not be CA residents.

If we are planning to stay at GCH and buy park hoppers, and then make park reservations, what is the best order in which to do this? I know I need to first check the hotel park reservations calendar to make sure my dates are available. But then do I need to make the hotel reservation first and link it to my account somehow and then buy tickets, so it will know that I want to pull from the ā€œhotel guestsā€ bucket, which seems to have more availability than the general park hopper bucket?

Yeah, this is something other theme parks did much better. A lot of of non Disney parks set it up where if you are a passholder or already have nondated tickets, you of course have to make a reservation, but if you buy a new ticket, you have to make a reservation during the buying process. Of course you could change it later within the restrictions of the ticket, but this makes it simple and you know you can get in when you want before actually putting out any money.

If we are planning to stay at GCH and buy park hoppers, and then make park reservations, what is the best order in which to do this? I know I need to first check the hotel park reservations calendar to make sure my dates are available. But then do I need to make the hotel reservation first and link it to my account somehow and then buy tickets, so it will know that I want to pull from the ā€œhotel guestsā€ bucket, which seems to have more availability than the general park hopper bucket?
You can buy tickets and make the hotel reservation in whatever order is most convenient - that part won't matter.

The key is to wait to make the park reservations until after you have the hotel reservation. According to what others have said, the reservation itself will put you in the hotel park reservation bucket regardless of what tickets you've got or when you bought them.

If I were pinned down, I'd say Hotel > Tickets > Reservation - but really the only key is doing the park reservation last.

When I went on the website to purchase tickets, the page before adding tickets specifically reminded me that a reservation needed to be made, and to check for dates available before buying. Both Undercover and Getawaytoday also remind those buying. Iā€™m not sure what else can be done so people donā€™t forget.
You're right. But, then you add in that human factor. I did it myself when buying a ticket for my daughter, and I know better.

I wish there was a way to hold a park reservation while you buy tickets. We hadnā€™t planned on going for a while, but I am starting to regret that and have been looking at the calendar randomly. I noticed there were reservations available on Sunday, mentioned it to DH, he said DO IT, but by the time I had bought the tickets, the reservations were gone. I knew that was a risk, and I'm not really upset - I'll keep checking and if not we'll use the tickets later. But I wish they could give you 5-10 minutes to check out, like ticketmaster etc do.

I wish there was a way to hold a park reservation while you buy tickets. We hadnā€™t planned on going for a while, but I am starting to regret that and have been looking at the calendar randomly. I noticed there were reservations available on Sunday, mentioned it to DH, he said DO IT, but by the time I had bought the tickets, the reservations were gone. I knew that was a risk, and I'm not really upset - I'll keep checking and if not we'll use the tickets later. But I wish they could give you 5-10 minutes to check out, like ticketmaster etc do.
Iā€™m kind of shocked thatā€™s not how itā€™s set up. Some people only have a specific day they can go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter