A Memorial For Our Friend Rob

:grouphug: So sad to hear this news. Really enjoyed reading his posts and his light really shined through.

i came across robs wedding thread by accident and i loved it, i am so terribly sorry that rob and scott had such a short time together, my thoughts are with you,so so sorry

WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING THIS MEMORIAL DAY 2011 IN THIS YOUNG MAN MEMORY AT MK EVERYONE BUY A BALLOON AND WRITE A NICE NOTE ON IT AND RELEASE IT IN FRONT OF THE CASTLE AT 12PM... JUST A THOUGHT. WHAT DO YOU THINK? I AM SO SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOST.:surfweb:

I never got to meet Rob either. I just assumed he would be there when I finally mad my trip to Disney World someday.

I still feel like I have lost a friend just from on our interaction on this board and facebook. I remember fondly all the times I sat in my chair laughing over some silly thread, but I think I will mostly remember the time I made him furious after one too many chicken dance jokes about his wedding.

I wish the rest of the usual gang was around, but they're on a disney cruise, at least they will all be together when they hear the sad news.

I learned of Rob's untimely death just a few nights ago. All our cell phones were turned off on the ship but I happened to try to call my daughters late one night and there was a text from our mutual friend Jenn. The gang had already dispersed for the night for the most part but I called them all back together. We all sat in a staircase and tried to digest the awful news. It was just unbelievable

My deepest sympathies for Scott and Rob's extended family who are probably still reeling from the death of Rob's mother.

This board has brought me lasting friendships. I am sorry to have just lost one of them.

I don't post a lot on this board but I very much enjoyed reading Rob's Disney Wedding report and was so sorry to hear of the news. My thoughts are with Scott and the rest of his family.

Our Thoughts are with you Scott and Family. We will be praying for you in this time of need. Our best wishes for you.

I think I've only posted a couple of times here, but I read it frequently and I'm so incredibly sorry to hear about Rob's passing. I can't believe the vibrant, hilarious man whose wedding story I feel like I just read, is gone :sad2: My deepest condolences to Scott and their family. I pray for peace for them all.

Kelma - Mom to 2 little princes and 2 little princesses

I dont even know where to begin....

Rob was such an intrigal part of the starting of this area of the Dis. He was here from the beginning, always welcoming new folks, jabbing the regulars, and making us laugh. He was part of our family. I had the pleasure of meeting him and Scott many times over dinner, drinks, or just casual conversation.

Rosie had the unfortunate duty of telling all of us who were on the ship, and our hearts all sunk. We had a meeting on a stiarwell that I will never forget.

I spent the next day at Castaway Cay, where Rob and Scott spent their honeymoon, thinking a lot. And I have to admit, I had a few bourbons in his memory! :sad1:

If I can think of one thing, it would be something Rob would say.......

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!

So in honor of Rob, grab life.....and go for it!

Rob, you will be missed my friend! :hug:

Rob and I were great foils and good friends.
I was fortunate to meet him 3 times at WDW and
even more fortunate to speak with him virtually
at least once a week - usually more.

I will miss you greatly Rob.
No one kept me in line quite like you.
Wish I could hug you one last time.

I am in shock. Rob's death hits me on so many levels. I really loved his wedding posts and we kidded around a lot. I was never fortunate enough to meet Rob in person but I felt as though I knew him.

Scott - you will be in my prayers.

Wow I'm in shock. I don't post much on here, but I absolutely loved the wedding thread. My deepest condolences to Scott.

:sad1:

Mike,
Do you think it is possible to have a graphic made to memorialize Rob for our signatures? I would like his memory and influence on the Dis to live on. Thoughts anyone?

:sad1:

Mike,
Do you think it is possible to have a graphic made to memorialize Rob for our signatures? I would like his memory and influence on the Dis to live on. Thoughts anyone?

I'm pretty sure the very talented Walter can come up with something......

I'm pretty sure the very talented Walter can come up with something......
Okay - I just Hope I did Rob proud.
A big warm smile - How I always remember Rob
Grey Stone - to mimic the archway over AC
And the 2 phrases above - From his beloved Adventures Club.
RIProb.jpg

Use at will.

Thanks Wally for making the graphic! I remember getting home from work that day and checking FB. As I'm going through my news feed I was wondering how Rob was doing. Then I saw Scott's post I sat there stunned. I didn't know Rob that well but was fortunate enough to meet him last year at the Dole Whip meet. I always enjoyed his posts both here and on FB. It's a big loss to our group here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter