A lot of FCC what to do

Jodisneyfan

Earning My Ears
HI, I have searched, but didn’t find an answer. I have a total of 9000 dollars in FCC in my account and my moms. We have one cruise in 2022 booked. I read on the DCL website that any unused FCC will automatically converted to a non refundable OBC. Out of the 9000 FCC I paid 7000 myself and 2000 is the extra money (25%). When I only use 1000 out of the OBC on the next cruise in 2022 will I lose all my 7000 dollars, or will that amount be refunded and do I only lose 1000 dollars, which isn’t really a loss, it is free money anyway..hope you understand my question, thanks for helping me.

I assume that you will lose all 7000 dollars. But how can you booked a 2022 cruise without using any of your FCC? You should use the FCC to pay for your 2022 cruise, and the rest FCC will become OBC to be used onboard. And I guess you can book placeholder with OBC.

I assume that you will lose all 7000 dollars. But how can you booked a 2022 cruise without using any of your FCC? You should use the FCC to pay for your 2022 cruise, and the rest FCC will become OBC to be used onboard. And I guess you can book placeholder with OBC.
I used a part of my FCC already to PIF the 2022 cruise. And still have almost 9000 left...

Last edited:
I used a part of my FCC already to PIF the 2022 cruise. And still have almost 9000 left...

There is lots that you can do with the left over FCC that is now on your stateroom account
  • Upgrade your stateroom
  • Tips
  • Excursions
  • Palo
  • Drinks in Cove Cafe
  • Spa treatments
  • Hair salon
  • Alcohol
  • Shopping- not just in the shops but the artwork too
  • Alcohol tastings
  • Bibiddi Boppiddi Boutique
  • Upcharge items on room service menu

To clarify, after paying in full for your 2022 cruise, you still have $9000 FCC left over? If I had that much left, I would definitely look into booking a second cruise. If it was only the $2000 in Disney money left over, then I would do what the above suggested and upgrade my room, get a cabana, spa treatments, excursions and splurge on fun stuff.

You should be able to use it on 2 cruises by 9/30/22? (I think that's the extension date... I just know it got me thru the kids summer vacation). Right after we got our FCC I went thru the steps of booking to double check the amount we got, it asked how much FCC you wanted to use/person.

HI, I have searched, but didn’t find an answer. I have a total of 9000 dollars in FCC in my account and my moms. We have one cruise in 2022 booked. I read on the DCL website that any unused FCC will automatically converted to a non refundable OBC. Out of the 9000 FCC I paid 7000 myself and 2000 is the extra money (25%). When I only use 1000 out of the OBC on the next cruise in 2022 will I lose all my 7000 dollars, or will that amount be refunded and do I only lose 1000 dollars, which isn’t really a loss, it is free money anyway..hope you understand my question, thanks for helping me.

Give DCL a call. My understanding is that the any unused OBC doesn't "disappear" after your cruise, but can be used on a future cruise. But call them to be sure, and please let us know what you find out.

We still have a combined $6000 FCC that we may use to book airline tickets through Disney, and the rest as OBC for excursions, etc. on our Med cruise; but if there was anything left over, I would hope that it would "roll over" to anther cruise.

My understanding is that you can use any outstanding FCC on a second cruise, however you must apply the FCC to a second cruise before the first cruise you booked sails. If you don't, then it will convert to on board credit for the first cruise.

My understanding is that you can use any outstanding FCC on a second cruise, however you must apply the FCC to a second cruise before the first cruise you booked sails. If you don't, then it will convert to on board credit for the first cruise.

That is exactly correct. If you want to use the FCC for one or more cruises, the cruises must be booked and paid for with the FCC before the first cruise you have booked has sailed. Once that first cruise sails, the FCC becomes on board credit for that cruise. I am going thru this myself. I don't have near as much FCC as the op, but I am worried about being able to spend all that I do have, as well as my obbc from DCL and my TA on the cruise I do have booked. I even tried to use the FCC to pay off the balance for my friend that is sailing with me, but I was told I could not do that because the FCC is tied to my Castaway Cay number and cannot be transferred to another person.

I chatted with DCL and indeed you are allowed to book more cruises and use your FCC, but it has to be booked before the first cruise has sailed. All the leftover FCC will be non refundable OBC. In my case I cannot spend so much on a single cruise and I am not able sail on another cruise, so I loose my money, which I do not think is fair... My only option is cancel my cruise, and get my full refund and book it again. Unfortunately the cruise I have booked is sold out...

I chatted with DCL and indeed you are allowed to book more cruises and use your FCC, but it has to be booked before the first cruise has sailed. All the leftover FCC will be non refundable OBC. In my case I cannot spend so much on a single cruise and I am not able sail on another cruise, so I loose my money, which I do not think is fair... My only option is cancel my cruise, and get my full refund and book it again. Unfortunately the cruise I have booked is sold out...
Is it a Port Canaveral based cruise? If so, you could combine the cruise with a Disney trip, and book nights at a Disney resort via DCL. If you did that, your FCC would pay for the DCL-booked Disney resort nights.

I am working hard at figuring out how to use up my credits while on board. I think some shopping (a nice Dooney and Bourke bag, Tiffanys) , a spa treatment or two, an extra Palo dinner or brunch, and excursions just might eat it up. There are not many excursions I am interested in though for my two ports. I do see lots of room service coming my way, too. Maybe some Bingo. Anything else I should consider? I am not going to lose that money no matter what.

hey, I like the Bingo idea! Could you use that OBC to rebook another cruise while on board?

hey, I like the Bingo idea! Could you use that OBC to rebook another cruise while on board?

No, any FCC that is not used before I set sail on my March cruise will convert to OBC and OBC has to be used on the ship before the end of the sailing and cannot be used at that time for a deposit on another cruise. I have asked that question.

I even tried to use the FCC to pay off the balance for my friend that is sailing with me, but I was told I could not do that because the FCC is tied to my Castaway Cay number and cannot be transferred to another person.
You can't use your FCC to pay off your friend's fare, but you could use it to buy anything your friend wants in the shops onboard, and to buy drinks and snack food onboard for your friend, with your friend reimbursing you. I'm not sure if you can pay with 1 card for Palo/Remy, but that's another possibility to research.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter