A Little Bit of Dis and a Little Bit of Dad-Updated 1/24 One Week From Today

I had to come post because I just checked us in online! :woohoo: I have requested ground floor, close to transportation and when I called for my final payment they also made a note on my account about my dad's knee not being 100% so hopefully I will get an up close room without paying the extra for the preferred location. If not, no big deal, I don't think Pop is too bad anyway.

Woo Hoo for on-line check-in! Ya'll are so close now! :cool1::banana:

So mom just called me and said they are on their way to Florham Park, NJ to make a delivery to the NY Jets. They are delivering the rally towels for the playoff game. How cool is that?? I am not a Jets fan, but it's still pretty neat! Mom asked if they could have one when they loaded up, but because they are specially trademarked, they couldn't give her one. They did give her 5 New Orleans Saints rally towels. Pretty neat!

That IS totally cool! And you can't beat getting the Saints towels! Who Dat?!? :cheer2:

online registration....that's like crack for a junky.:rotfl2:

Woo Hoo for on-line check-in! Ya'll are so close now! :cool1::banana:

That IS totally cool! And you can't beat getting the Saints towels! Who Dat?!? :cheer2:

I know! It was very exciting. When they delivered mom could see the team practicing! She is a huge football fan so this was super exciting for her. :cool1:

online registration....that's like crack for a junky.:rotfl2:

It's nice to finally "do" something. Once your dining reservations are completed, and you've paid there's not much to do. It was nice to officially "need" to do something for the trip other than shopping!! :lmao::rotfl2:

Ok, so I told you in my last post that mom and dad don't take the time to see or do anything when they travel (unless it's like this last load where the destination was pretty cool itself!) Well, after almost 60 years of non-stop working, my dad has everything paid off. The house, the farm, all of the vehicles, etc. and he has money put aside in case something happened where he couldn't work. So I asked him if that meant he was going to slow down now. His official response was, "we'll see.":rotfl:

So when I talked to mom Monday and found out they were going to be delivering in NJ, I told them to call me when they found out where. Mom has always wanted to see the statue of liberty, and while it wasn't big on dad's list, he had not seen it either. So when she told me Florham Park, I looked up directions to Liberty State Park in NJ which was only 26 miles away. I called them back and told them I was giving them a mission. :cool2:

I gave mom the directions and told them they HAD to go. They did it! :yay: I am so proud of them, they called and were looking at the Manhattan skyline and the statue! Now mom can cross one more thing off of her list of things to see (or her bucket list if you prefer). I told them when they had a destination for their next load to call me and I would give them their next mission. :rolleyes1

Now, back to my Disney trip, you remember that Dad is a buffet guy. We have had REALLY good luck with dinners at Chef Mickey's, plus I love having an excuse to ride the monorail to the Contemporary! So 2 weeks from tonight I will be taking dad to:

chefmickeys.jpg

This will also be the halfway point of my trip and time for my depression to start sinking in. :guilty:

Dawn, I know you're worried about your dad, but if you want to go with him, you should make the plan while he's healthy. He will know his limits, and if some rides are wrong for him, he'll probably know in his gut and he won't feel deprived. Funny how as we get older, we just accept some things have changed and its okay.

thanks, tammie. i do want to take him back someday soon. he always took me as a kid and he hasn't been since 1998 and i don't see him making a trip on his own any time soon.

hooray for online check-in!!!! :woohoo: very cool that your parents got to see the statue of liberty. it wasn't high on my list, either, but when we were in NYC last may and our boat tour unexpectedly got really close to it, it was REALLY cool to see! just knowing what it signifies made me excited to see it up close. :goodvibes

hooray for online check-in!!!! :woohoo: very cool that your parents got to see the statue of liberty. it wasn't high on my list, either, but when we were in NYC last may and our boat tour unexpectedly got really close to it, it was REALLY cool to see! just knowing what it signifies made me excited to see it up close. :goodvibes

I was super excited that they actually took the time to see something. It could have been a giant ball of yarn and I would have been just as excited! :rotfl: I love New York and that is one "love" I don't share with my parents. Other than the statue, my mom has no urge to see anything else in or around the city and dad didn't even want to see the statue! :eek: If I didn't have kids, I would live there myself. :woohoo:

Why would anyone want a JETs rally towel?;)

Nice that you convinced your parents to see something new!

Online checkin!!!!!:thumbsup2 I hope I'll be able to do that....

How fun for your parents and you!
I love that your mom was able to cross out something on her buckt list!
I have a looooonnnnggg list of places I want to go and it feels great evey time I can cros something off.

:woohoo: For online check in!

We've never been to Chef Mickey's, I'm really excited to give it a try during our August 2010 trip.

Why would anyone want a JETs rally towel?;)

Nice that you convinced your parents to see something new!

Online checkin!!!!!:thumbsup2 I hope I'll be able to do that....

I don't know about the rally towel? I don't get the whole football craze thing. I like watching live games, but I can't get into watching it on TV. My mom is a big football fan and I think she was just excited to feel like they were part of the playoffs!! :rotfl: I hope you get to do online check in too! :cool1:

How fun for your parents and you!
I love that your mom was able to cross out something on her buckt list!
I have a looooonnnnggg list of places I want to go and it feels great evey time I can cros something off.
My husband keeps reminding me that my list is verrrrrrry long and that I keep going back to Disney. I guess he hasn't picked up on the fact that I keep sticking other trips in between. :rolleyes1

:woohoo: For online check in!

We've never been to Chef Mickey's, I'm really excited to give it a try during our August 2010 trip.
I know it gets mixed reviews but I liked just about everything I tried the last 2 times and we have had excellent luck with our characters here. :yay:

Thursdays are my Friday at work so (if we don't get more ice) I am going shopping tomorrow! I don't need a lot, but what I do need, they don't sell at the Feed & Grain or the grocery store here in town so my sister and I are hitting the road to drive 50+ miles to the nearest Wal-Mart. :car: I am REALLY wanting a Target but that would require another hour in the car and with our icy/snowy weather, I'm sticking a little closer to home.

My son reminded me tonight that 2 years ago they showed Grandpa their light sabers they had built at DTD. :darth: They both did the double sided Darth Maul one and my dad said, "I want one." :chewy: Of course the boys weren't giving their up! Anywho, my son just reminded me of this, so I think I'll tell my sister to give dad his b-day gift early (a $20 bill) to build his own light saber. :yoda: I think it would be HILARIOUS!!!! :lmao::rotfl2:

OK, so keeping with our buffet theme, 2 weeks from tonight, I will be dining at:
hollywoodandvine.jpg

This is for our Fantasmic Package. :maleficen::MickeyMo Dad won't eat italian, he loves a buffet, and we have had good luck with this one so I figured it was a better choice than Brown Derby (which I will HAVE to do someday!)

50 miles to a wal mart:scared1: I thought my wal mart was far away at 30 miles (luckily my target is only 30 away too)!!!

:) I am so glad I found your PTR. I had the opportunity to go with DH and my parents in Dec. 2008. My Daddy is 72 now and Mama is 66. That had not been to Disney in about 10 years and hd never stayed on property. They loved, loved Pop and then the DDP. We did the DDP so Mama wouldn't have to hear Daddy complain about the food prices. After one meal they both told me it was the "only way to go". Then it took Mama 2 days to convince him he needed the refillable mug.

He had has first Cardiologist appt a couple of months after we got back and when the Dr. asked him "so what typr of problems are you having?" Daddy said, "I don't know I just got back from a 10 day trip to Disney and rode all the roller coasters". Fast forward to this past Christmas and his appt last week...he told the Dr. I had given him a Boogy Board for waves at the beach this Summer (yep I sure did...gave my 40 yr old brother one , too. THey were big hits.

Sorry for rambling...I can't begin to tell you how much that trip to Disney meant to me. I have already planted the seed and they will be returning with me to AKV in 2011. Thanks for helping me relive that wonderful trip. I am subscribing to this thread.:cloud9:

you weren't kidding when you said you were eating at a lot of buffets....

I know, right? We do them b/c my kids are picky and they always have yummy dessert buffets too. Dad does them b/c he worries about getting the most bang for his buck. I'm trying to make him happy here. :lovestruc

50 miles to a wal mart:scared1: I thought my wal mart was far away at 30 miles (luckily my target is only 30 away too)!!!

Nope, we have yucky county roads too so it takes a full hour no matter which way we go to get to one! :mad:

:) I am so glad I found your PTR. I had the opportunity to go with DH and my parents in Dec. 2008. My Daddy is 72 now and Mama is 66. That had not been to Disney in about 10 years and hd never stayed on property. They loved, loved Pop and then the DDP. We did the DDP so Mama wouldn't have to hear Daddy complain about the food prices. After one meal they both told me it was the "only way to go". Then it took Mama 2 days to convince him he needed the refillable mug.

He had has first Cardiologist appt a couple of months after we got back and when the Dr. asked him "so what typr of problems are you having?" Daddy said, "I don't know I just got back from a 10 day trip to Disney and rode all the roller coasters". Fast forward to this past Christmas and his appt last week...he told the Dr. I had given him a Boogy Board for waves at the beach this Summer (yep I sure did...gave my 40 yr old brother one , too. THey were big hits.

Sorry for rambling...I can't begin to tell you how much that trip to Disney meant to me. I have already planted the seed and they will be returning with me to AKV in 2011. Thanks for helping me relive that wonderful trip. I am subscribing to this thread.:cloud9:

Welcome! I am honored :worship: to have you here. I am really looking forward to this trip and hope it opens up a new era in our relationship! :love:

OK, this is going to be a quickie b/c reading Jordan's thread has made me start having heart palpitations thinking that the schedules are all different now!!!! I was planning to go shopping with my sister today, but we woke up to the kids and my husband having ANOTHER snow day. This makes #9 this school year.:scared1: I swear, they will be making days up until the 4th of July. And when we looked outside there was NOTHING going on. I'm not sure WHY exactly school was canceled.

Anyway, that meant we ALL went shopping because the kids and dh are sick and tired of being stuck at home. I bought the last of my travel size items I needed, my rain ponchos from the Dollar Tree, and then at Hobby Lobby I found this iron on bling that said "Daddy's Girl" which my sister insisted I buy and put on a shirt for the trip, so I did! :woohoo: I can't wait to see his face, he's not "that" kind of a dad, so it should be hilarious!

So in my last installment of "Two Weeks from Today" because tomorrow we get to start on ONE WEEK FROM TODAY . . . :cool1:

I wanted to have the experience of walking down Main Street without a crowd. I have tried to get ressies for Crystal Palace 2 years in a row before park opening with NO LUCK. :headache: So I was pleasantly surprised to be able to book this for dad and I on our last park day:

libertytree.jpg

It's not about the food, though reports have been pretty favorable, and its certainly not about the characters, it's all about this:

mainstreet.png

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

yes, there's something special about a "butt free" main street....It's nice to have pictures without 20 butts in the background.

Are the pooh characters at LTT?

OK, this is going to be a quickie b/c reading Jordan's thread has made me start having heart palpitations thinking that the schedules are all different now!!!! I was planning to go shopping with my sister today, but we woke up to the kids and my husband having ANOTHER snow day. This makes #9 this school year.:scared1: I swear, they will be making days up until the 4th of July. And when we looked outside there was NOTHING going on. I'm not sure WHY exactly school was canceled.

Anyway, that meant we ALL went shopping because the kids and dh are sick and tired of being stuck at home. I bought the last of my travel size items I needed, my rain ponchos from the Dollar Tree, and then at Hobby Lobby I found this iron on bling that said "Daddy's Girl" which my sister insisted I buy and put on a shirt for the trip, so I did! :woohoo: I can't wait to see his face, he's not "that" kind of a dad, so it should be hilarious!

So in my last installment of "Two Weeks from Today" because tomorrow we get to start on ONE WEEK FROM TODAY . . . :cool1:

I wanted to have the experience of walking down Main Street without a crowd. I have tried to get ressies for Crystal Palace 2 years in a row before park opening with NO LUCK. :headache: So I was pleasantly surprised to be able to book this for dad and I on our last park day:

libertytree.jpg

It's not about the food, though reports have been pretty favorable, and its certainly not about the characters, it's all about this:

mainstreet.png

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

That is such a pleasant sight !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter