A Last Hurrah Trip! We just didn't know it at the time. (A Pre-COVID Trip Report)

Wow, that is some intro. Love to watch how everyone's favorites change over time. I had no idea you were once a Dole Whip fan. I thought you were citrus swirl all the way. Though happy to see all the adult beverages are a constant. Pretty sure all of my solo pics are of drinks too. Must be why we get along so well :drinking1

Welcome Everyone!!!

I just want to say thank you once again to everyone who is here and following along! Let's get this party started!!! First up is the ever popular Reveal and Travel day!!

Reveal Day & Travel Day

So, this trip was the 5th trip on our annual passes, so it wasn't a true surprise for the girls. They knew we were going one last time in February just not EXACTLY when. And I wanted the girls to know at least a little ahead of time, as I wanted them to talk to there teachers about getting any needed work.

Speaking of which, I found this all VERY exciting. Gwen at the time was in 4th Grade and her teacher easily gave her work to do. (but was also a big Disney fan, so didn't give her too much) But Morgan was in 6th grade and at the middle school. And for whatever reason, her teachers didn't seem like they could give specific things to work on while gone or ahead of time, which I thought was so strange. Any middle school teachers out there, know why that would be?!?!

Anyway! Saturday Night before we were leaving, I set up the dinning room table with a breakfast surprise.
Untitled
I grabbed the table cloth, plates and napkins from target in the party aisle. And used the girls plush. And Andy wrote the little sign for me.

Those plush did not want to stay sitting up!

They came down in the morning and were happy and only slightly surprised. But that was ok. I knew it wouldn't be the biggest surprise! (It's hard to beat our Christmas trip)

Untitled
We made homemade waffles and put nutella and fresh fruit as a nod to one of our favorite snacks in MK. And we talked about the upcoming trip.

Telling them Sunday morning, also allowed me to recruit the girls to help pack!!! Which was sooo nice, as I usually have to pack in secret! I like to have us 95% packed the weekend before we leave, as the work week always ends up crazy for me leading up to leaving. And this was the same...

Work was in fact crazy as usual. Filled in with swim practice, rock climbing class and god knows what else. (it's been too long to remember anymore)

But finally Friday arrived!!!

Andy took the whole day off. This has become his thing. He packs up the last of the items, runs any last minutes items. And is in charge of picking up the girls from school.

I on the other hand, usually work a full day, as I only work 8:30 - 3:00. So, It is fairly easy for me to come in early that day and leave a little early and not need to take any PTO for the day. (also Andy gets unlimited vacation, where I do not)

Andy picked up the girls from school and I met them at home around 3:00.
Sign Out Sheet Sign Out Sheet_Gwen
Andy wrote Disney as the reason for the girls leaving school early. I am not sure the school completely appreciated that... but...

One our Way!
By 3:11, we were on our way to the airport!

I think by now, we decided that the best way to park was to use one of the paid private parking services. It was only a few bucks more a day and they bring the shuttle right to your car and drop you off right in front of your car when they drop you off. And Andy is now spoiled, as I think the Feb. trip of 2019, Andy ended up walking through the snow to get the car because there was ZERO shuttles coming by and the crowd of people was growing and growing.

We made it through security with no issues, as I have no memories of doing it nor pictures. So, it went PERFECT!!! (right that is how that works, no?)

Any rate, we were flying American Airlines, as we were planning on banking miles to use towards a trip to Hawaii in 2022... That is going great by the way..

Because of this, we were in a new terminal for us, and our usual dinner place was not nearby. So, we decided to try a new place for an early dinner. Bud & Marilyn’s is a local restaurant in philly known for comfort food. So, we decided to give it a try.

Cheers!
We started off with drinks and our traditional cheers to vacation! Andy and I started with some beers and the girls Pink Lemonade.

Morgan & Gwen decided to split Chicken and Waffles from the adult menu. And when we ordered the waiter said they had to make a fresh batch of waffle batter, so it might be a little while. We said that would be fine, but just asked if we could get our app as soon as it was ready.

Which the waiter gladly did, it was just an order of french fries, but I have no picture because we devoured them! We were starving, even with it being early-ish. I want to say I skipped lunch with how much work I was trying to get down before I left. (this seems to be the case most times)

We must have scarfed them down fast because the waiter brought out these cheese curds for us as well.
Cheese Curds
He said they were on the house for being so patient. These were REALLY good! We talked about ordering them, but we weren’t sure if we would like them. So, it was a nice surprise.

Eventually, the girls chicken did come out.
Waffles part Chicken Part
Why is the Chicken on a separate plate? Gwen decided to eat the waffles and Morgan was going to eat the Chicken. But then they started eating it, and ended up swapping?

Gwen loved the Chicken and talked about it FOREVER!!! It had a honey sauce on them, and she just loved it. Morgan found it too sweet, especially with the waffles and syrup.

Andy and I decided to split the Nashville Hot Chicken Sliders
Nashville Chicken Sliders
Crispy chicken, potato bread, nashville hot dip, charred scallions, ranch

These were good, but since there was only 2 it wasn’t super filling. We were glad that we had the free cheese curds, as I think we would have been hungry still.

We finished up our meal and headed back to our gate.
Crochet in Airport
There was some sort of crochet exhibit in the airport at the time.

As we were headed back, we got stopped at an intersection by a bunch of airport security and airport workers. And I got this pit in my stomach. They were asking everyone to stand still exactly where they were. I was seriously internally freaking out thinking it was some sort of bomb threat or something!

But THANKFULLY, it was a drill of some sort and 30 seconds later they let everyone go about there business. But have to say, I couldn't believe how many people were completely oblivious to what was going on around them, and just kept walking!

Around 6, we were on the plane are ready to go.

Airplane Remote
We flew American and we were able to sit 2 and 2, which was nice. I got to read and watch shows on the plane like an adult! I sat down and found this in between our seats. And I really wondered how old this plane was!

We were in the air on time, and Morgan got to work on as much homework as she could. And Gwen did as well, but she didn't have nearly the amount of work as Morgan.

Those are Gwen's sneakers on the tray... I don't know why she thought it was a good idea to put them there. But she did...

We arrived in Orlando around 9PM.

And we were on a new pho-monorail around 9:40. We always end up stopping at the bathroom once getting off. And I think we were pretty far back in the plane.

We went and picked up our luggage and headed to magical express. We didn’t want to wait the 2-3 hours for the luggage to arrive with it being so late, so, we just went ahead and picked it up ourselves. And it wasn't too big of a deal.

We must not have waited long to get on a bus and leave, as I have zero pictures of magical express. We usually take a traditional magic band picture. But I don't have any.

Around the time we were on the pho-monorail, I got our room ready notice! I always love getting that text message!

We were in Room 7247, 2nd Floor Building 7. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed with this room assignment. We have somehow managed to stay in Building 7 everytime we have stayed here. And it is literally the farthest away you can get from the main area. I was hoping for literally ANY building BUT Building 7. I didn’t complain or anything, as it’s not a huge resort to start or anything. Just one of those things.

I did take this picture at 10:44!
We made it to French Quarter
So, it looks like we arrived at French Quarter under an hour from getting on the pho-monorail. So, not bad at all!

And it looks like we grabbed our traditional magic band pic once we got to the hotel!

Magic Band Unite

Since we got our room ready notice. We headed to find our room.

We dropped off our stuff in the room and quickly turned around and headed back to the main area. I lagged behind and took out Tinkerbell Gifts. Then caught up to Andy and the girls.

I practically threw this on the bench! Not the best presentation, but I didn't want to be too far behind them. Gwen got the Marie night gown, Morgan got the Leopard Mickey Print Pj bottoms' and the other pair was for me! (yes... sometimes I buy myself tinker bell gifts!)

First order of business, was to order beignets to take back to the room for a late night snack!

At the time you ordered the beignets from the Scat Cat Club Cafe. I think the time before you ordered them in the quick service area.

There was only one other party in front of us, but at this time of night, they were not very fast moving.

I sent Andy across the way and asked bell services for our Garden Grocer order. They gave him a whole cart for the items! So, I sent him back to the room with the girls and I waited for our order to be made.

Pretty sure, Andy let Gwen ride on the cart with the groceries. And they almost tipped over the whole thing on the cobblestones! But none of them would officially admit it. But alluded to it happening.

We were all back in the room around 11:20-ish, we ate our snacks and I unpacked a bit.

We were greeted with some beads!

The last time we were here at French Quarter, the beignets were just square... I don't know about you, but they taste better in mickey shape! These were good and messy, as I assume beignets should be.

I have been ordering groceries for most of our trips, and I don't think I always talk about what I order. But by this trip, I really had it down to a science of what we needed.

Andy is an iced coffee drinker, he doesn't like anything hot. So, somewhere along the way I started ordering him a container of iced coffee so he can have one in the room. We used to get coffee and put it in the fridge so it would be cold the next day. But that just got to be a lot to remember after a long day in the park. We also, always order milk! Those creamers they leave in the room are GROSS! So, I use the milk with the machine as well. And it makes the morning coffee so much better.

I also, tend to buy small bottles of diet coke. Andy swears the soda taste funny in Disney because of the water. But he will grab one from the fridge on the way out and it saves us at least 1 less soda to buy. This time I also bought some cans of seltzer water for me.

I always get some fresh Strawberries, blueberries and watermelon for the girls for breakfast along with mini muffins. We aren’t big breakfast eaters, so this is usually more than enough for us to get started each day. Oh and Chocolate Milk for Gwen. This usually tides us over.

And then some snacks for the girls to pack in there park bags for off times. When the hungries get to them in line. Chex mix for Morgan and pringle containers for Gwen. I will say it is also REALLY nice that they each have there own park bag and carry around there own water bottles, snacks and what ever else they need, instead of trying to get it all into 1 book bag.

I have always used Garden Grocer, and I know there are many other services I could use but they always do a good job. And well, it's what I am used to, so I stick with it!

Andy took a picture of the hat rack, he thought it was hilarious to have Gwen's hat with his..

We ate our beignets, got into our new pj's thanks to Tinkerbell! And went to bed!

Up next, can we get up early enough to get a boarding group for rise?

Last edited:

Great surprise and travel.

That food looks really good. If I'm ever in the Philly area I might need to try it.

Is that a Whalers hat I see? CT guy here, so I know that stuff!

What a great travel day! I love travel days... so exciting anticipating the soon-to-be arrival at Disney!!! I cannot cannot wait until my next travel day... whenever that might be :rolleyes: I didn't realize the Fake-O-Rail had upgraded, I was thinking "where are they?" :rotfl: Can't wait to read more!

Hi! Joining in! Going through major Disney withdrawals (dumb Covid), and just binged all your old reports! Looking forward to reading along!
I know! Dumb Covid!!! I have come out again of my Disney withdraws. It is seriously a rollercoaster of emotions. I have days were I am missing it soooo much. And then get over it. Glad you are here!

Wow, that is some intro.
I was making up for some of my weaker intros! And I may have done some of the typing during work hours...

I had no idea you were once a Dole Whip fan. I thought you were citrus swirl all the way.
I think it was because I didn't know citrus swirls existed the first trip or 2!

Pretty sure all of my solo pics are of drinks too. Must be why we get along so well :drinking1
Must be! ;) You will have to have a drink for me, on your trip.

Following along! I just finished up your last TR and am really looking forward to this one!
Welcome!!! And thanks for coming over from the other trip report!

Is that a Whalers hat I see? CT guy here, so I know that stuff!
It is a Whalers Hat! Andy grew up in CT. He gets ALOT of comments on it! Where about are you in CT? Andy grew up in the north western part, about an hour and change from Boston.

so exciting anticipating the soon-to-be arrival at Disney!!! I cannot cannot wait until my next travel day... whenever that might be
Us too! I am just looking forward to a vacation period! Whether it's Disney or not... Do you have any idea when you may try and go back?

Telling them Sunday morning, also allowed me to recruit the girls to help pack!!!

Good move! Packing always takes so much time.

Andy wrote Disney as the reason for the girls leaving school early. I am not sure the school completely appreciated that... but...

I love that he did this. Our schools here would never accept that excuse.

We always end up stopping at the bathroom once getting off.

Same!

(yes... sometimes I buy myself tinker bell gifts!)

I love this.

At the time you ordered the beignets from the Scat Cat Club Cafe.

One of Danielle's DCP roommates worked here.

I don't know about you, but they taste better in mickey shape! These were good and messy, as I assume beignets should be.

Yes and yes.

Andy took a picture of the hat rack, he thought it was hilarious to have Gwen's hat with his..

So cute!

Joining in!! Sounds like a great and smooth travel day!
Glad you are here!!!

I love that he did this. Our schools here would never accept that excuse.
I know. Our school is pretty cool about it. We have a high Indian population and a lot of them end up having to go back to India for one reason or another and that is NOT a short flight. So, I think they are semi-used to it. But I do try to let the teachers know ahead of time and we def make sure they make up the work missed. (as I am sure not every family does)

I love this.
I mean, I do all the hard work, I should get something too!

One of Danielle's DCP roommates worked here.
It could have been one of her roommates. This was the trip I tried to keep an eye out for her. (with no luck)

I think it's hilarious! All those poor other kids with dentist and orthodontist appointments--psh! Not for the Saucier girls!!! :)

These were good and messy, as I assume beignets should be.
Oh, yes, ma'am! The messier the better. We have traveled to New Orleans many times, and getting beignets at Cafe du Monde is an absolute must. If you don't leave covered in powdered sugar, you're doing it wrong! LOL

I love how you always surprise the girls! As someone with extreme anxiety it would stress me out not knowing when the next trip would be, but so fun the girls love it so much! I am also stealing your tinkerbell gift ideas! We are taking out daughter for her first trip in November, she will be 15 months, so we wont need gifts yet, but DH and I bought DVC in 2019 (which we have never used thanks to Covid) and will be doing this for sure when she gets big enough to understand gifts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts