A hidden gem, a cannot miss, and a don't waste your time

Just curious - why a 10:30am breakfast at TH? We have a 10:30am reservation but it's only because we enjoy sleeping in!! :cool2: Is there something we should know?

Many people refer to loving TH "Brunch". If you schedule a 10:40 (10:30 will work) b-fast, you will be there when they switch over to lunch items, so you get both b-fast and lunch items, hence brunch.

Secondarily, you also pay the b-fast price if you are paying OOP, and it is lower than the lunch/dinner price.

Many people refer to loving TH "Brunch". If you schedule a 10:40 (10:30 will work) b-fast, you will be there when they switch over to lunch items, so you get both b-fast and lunch items, hence brunch.

Secondarily, you also pay the b-fast price if you are paying OOP, and it is lower than the lunch/dinner price.

Ohhh I like!!

Hidden Gem: Olivia's at OKW
Must Do: for us it's 'Ohana dinner w/Via Napoli a super close 2nd
Skip: T-Rex or Tony's Town Square

Hidden Gem: Kona Cafe - We all enjoyed the breakfast here.
Must Do: 1900 Park Fare dinner - the buffet was amazing! My kids loved the dessert and candy area. The experience is still seared in their minds.
Don't Waste Your Time: Crystal Palace - it was a weird character dining experience for my kids. They didn't really enjoy it. The place is gorgeous but not much food was put out.

So what restaurant have you found that doesn't get a lot of attention but is a great value?
Boma - we thought they offered the best food on property. Little to no processed foods there.

Which dining option is a must-visit for your family on every trip?
BOG breakfast. I know people hate it or think it's overpriced, but along with Boma dinner, it was our favorite meal.

Is there a dining option that you would rather forget? One that you don't ever want to visit again?
BOG lunch. Too chaotic, the food was cold and soggy by the time we got it.

Hidden Gem: Raglan Road

Can't Miss: CP

Never Again: Chef Mickey's breakfast - way too much money (even on DxDP!) for nasty congealed food and rushed character visits. I'd have been happier with a pop tart and more time in FL.

Hidden Gem: Kringla Bakery in Norway (order the Norwegian Club!), Mama Melrose
Can't Miss: Crystal Palace (breakfast), Garden Grill (lunch/dinner), Casey's Corner, Yorkshire Fish House
Don't Waste Your Time: Be Our Guest, Coral Reef, Nine Dragons, 50s Prime Time

Hidden gem- not really hidden, but we love Sunshine Seasons
Can't miss - Be Our Guest Lunch! Food was wonderful!
I Really Wish I Hadn't: Peco Bills

Hidden Jem: Bluezoo in the Dolphin - Best waitress / server we have ever had for a meal, anywhere. Food was delicious and cooked perfectly. Cool atmosphere with live band playing light jazz at the perfect volume. Even welcoming with kids. Truly a delightful dinner.

Can't miss: Morimoto or Wolfgang Puck in Disney Springs

Don't waste your time: Chefs de France in Epcot and a close second is Be Our Guest in MK for dinner and lunch. Real french chefs are dying just so the can turn over in their graves when anyone with taste buds tries to stomach this nonsense being passed off as french cooking. Really bad.

Last edited:
Hidden Gem: Grand Floridian Cafe

Can't Miss: Ohana

Don't Waste Your Time: Boma (everything tastes like cinnamon)

Hidden gem: Olivia's in Key West
Can't Miss: Whispering Canyon
Don't Waste: Citrico's. Thought is was overpriced for the experience. I'd either go all in at Narcosee's or just go the the Grand Floridian Cafe.

DH & I both found the ice cream we ordered (2 flavors each, 4 flavors total) to be very dry & mealy. I tried the pretzel one & the peppermint patty one, DH had the coffee one & one I can't recall (sorry I don't know their exact names) & they all seemed very tasteless & flat. We were disappointed because I had read several reviews of how great the ice cream was & we were not impressed at all.

We got take out from Beaches & Cream a few nights later & that was off the charts good, mint chocolate chip w/ chocolate sprinkles-perfection!!

How do you do takeout from Beaches and Cream? We made an ADR for just ice cream (and just for me) but if there's a way around that, I'll drop the reservation.

Hidden Gem - Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge
Must Visit - Afternoon Tea at Garden View (Grand Floridian)
Don't waste your time - Beirgarden (EPCOT Germany) and Liberty Tree Tavern

Hidden Gem: Mama Melrose
Can't Miss: Flame Tree BBQ, but get a side of Onion Rings with whatever you order
Don't waste your time: 2 of these -
1. Don't go to BOG and expect great food at breakfast. Just go to be close to 7dmt or peter pan pre-rd. 7dmt was not worth it at ALL, IMO. No need to do that again.

2. Pecos Bill's Cafe seemed like a decent spot to grab a qs lunch after Splash Mountain, on the way to a Dole Whip at Aloha Aisle. Split a fajita platter between two ppl. Inedibly salty meat. Just gross. Plain out gross.

Last edited:
Hidden gem: Restaurantosaurus
Can't miss: Boma - go there every trip, usually on the last day
Waste of time: Tony's

How do you do takeout from Beaches and Cream? We made an ADR for just ice cream (and just for me) but if there's a way around that, I'll drop the reservation.
They have a counter that you can walk up to & place your order (ice cream only, no food). I believe (could be wrong) that the takeout counter has fewer choices than eating in but we've always been happy with the offerings. I think you can also try sitting at the counter on a first come first serve basis.

Hidden gem - Sanaa That bread service!
Can't miss - Ohana
Don't care to try again - Chef Mickey's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter