A Happy Birthday and a Thank You

If my comment was directed at a specific person, have no fear- I would have named names.

I am merely saying that I started this thread to wish the USAF a happy birthday, and I just don't want to turn it into anything else.

What a sweet idea, wvjules! But was the Air Force captured, since you are asking for its freedom? Or maybe you are referring to someone who is in the Air Force who is overseas, a prisoner of war?

Not trying to derail this thread, sincerely. I just found the tags intriquing, thats all.

My own grandfather was in the Air Force and I too have nothing but respect for the fine men and women who represent this branch of our military. :)

I like the tags too.....maybe they are trying to free AF One from Dubya ha ha ha

snoopy---out of respect for you, I have added an avatar......

I know the AF ones are cool, and I hope it won't be seen as disrespectful...

but still....again, keeping this thread on track.....God Bless AF!

Ah, DIS Veteran, now there is a sign of respect! :)

LOL, Bumbles, was this what you were referring to? I think the avatar is a little picture under your name, and the tag is the writing. I don't see an avatar.

you don't see my adorable little Snoopy with a crown?

How sad :(

I would really like an AF Snoopy!

Ooops, no, I forgot, I turned that option off.

I'm sure he is darling though. I do so love Snoopy and the Peanuts gang! I think there is an AF Joe Cool Snoopy that was illustrated at one time, don't know if an avatar exists of that though. :)

(slight veer from original topic--please forgive)

Just saw the Art of Charles Schultz...Walk Softly and Carry a Beagle exhibit at a local museum..I just love Snoopy and the gang!

I only know of one person currently in the AF and haven't seen her around today. Pass on a sincere thank you from me please.

Beyond that I'm on the clueless couch eating cheez-puffs and wishing I could do or say something useful. Nothing is appearing though.

Happy Birthday USAF.

Happy Birthday to the Air Force!!

I;m married to an Air Force Veteran also.:)

One day I'll figure out how to get an avatar......the Air Force ones are really cool and remind me of something I've seen on the DIS.
:)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIR FORCE!! i also want to express my thanks for everything you've done. :)

jules - i think snoopy turned the avatar option off, but still sees the tags.
:confused:

Thats right, Spago, there is a difference between tags and avatars. :) By the way, I've turned them on now, and I must say, I do look good in a tiara. I think I was made for one.

Oh, and what a great place to put this thread! Birthday wishes for an entire branch of the miitary, right here on our Congratulations & Birthday Wishes board! :)

And all of the AF's friends are SOOOO grateful the MODS thought to "stick" this thread here...on the slowest DIS board...what a fabulous idea!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Thank you to the Air Force.

Pollyanna,
You should visit what used to be IB...it is the slowest. Not this one. I hardly ever come up here because I can't posibly type fast enough to congratulate everyone and visit the CB too, but, it isn't the slowest board.

Snoopy, you look smashing!

I want to add my congratulations too. My Dad served in the AF and I couldn't be more proud. And congratulations to ALL members of the Air Force.

Congratulations on 55 years of protecting America under the banner of the United States Air Force.

And thank you for the 40 years prior to that, beginning as a small branch of the Army Signal Corps in 1907.

Thanks also to everyone on this thread that has offered thanks and best wishes to the more than 350,000 men and women of the United States Air Force.

There are several specials on tonite on the Discovery -Wings Channell on the air force that according to the tv guide goes through the history of the airforce (and its predecessor) from WWI to Desert Storm. I love the Wings channel and I am looking forward to seeing some or all of these programs (if not tonite, then when they are re-runned).

A great Happy Birthday and A Big thank you to all the airmen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter