A Happy Birthday and a Thank You

Originally posted by wvjules
:confused: :confused: :confused:

This seems like a pretty sincere thread to me.

wvjules, why on earth would you think I thought otherwise? :confused: :confused: :confused: No hidden agenda here :)

And my Father also served and was injured.

Why would I think otherwise? Maybe because 'sincere' was in quotes? I don't understand that part.

Originally posted by Kelsie
wvjules, why on earth would you think I thought otherwise?

Actually I was thinking the same thing when you put 'sincere' into little quote marks. My bad. :)

I found my husbands AF boot camp graduation picture last night. He looked so young and handsome in uniform :)

Well, then we will have to agree to disagree on that point because I believe you do. :)

Kelsie, I'm not one to speak for anyone else, but I'm sure this is a misunderstanding...anyone who would moderate/co-moderate the "WISH" and "Inspiration" board certainly wouldn't mean anything negative on this great, patriotic thread! :)

I have a cousin who is about to be sent to Kuwait to risk his life for crappy pay, little benefits, and he will possibly miss the birth of his second child.

I certainly would never wish any Armed Forces member anything but sincere gratitude and congratulations.

Originally posted by Bumbles
Kelsie, I'm not one to speak for anyone else, but I'm sure this is a misunderstanding...anyone who would moderate/co-moderate the "WISH" and "Inspiration" board certainly wouldn't mean anything negative on this great, patriotic thread! :)

LOL!!

Have a great day guys :smooth:

As the former WISH & Inspiration Board moderator, I sincerely wish the Air Force a HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! !

bumbles, I can assure you I passed on the sincere baton to Kelsie, my dear friend and fellow moderator. You don't moderate that board, oftentimes filled with real life and death issues, and not be a sincere person who cares about other people. :)

But I am curious, what is with all the new tags that so many on this thread share? Is it a secret, like a secret code or something? :confused:

bumbles, I can assure you I passed on the sincere baton to Kelsie, my dear friend and fellow moderator. You don't moderate that board, oftentimes filled with real life and death issues, and not be a sincere person who cares about other people.

I totally agree which is why I made the comment I did...hopefully my quote marks weren't misunderstood....

But I am curious, what is with all the new tags that so many on this thread share? Is it a secret, like a secret code or something?

Dunno...I have no tag...I must not be part of the in crowd :(

:( :(
I really truly meant this to be a thread thanking our brave service men and women and wishing the AF a happy birthday.
I am very proud of my husband and others for their contribution to this country
Please don't let this thread turn into something else

Good, I'm glad we clarified that, bumbles. :)

And I wouldn't take it to heart that you aren't part of an "in crowd". I've always thought hanging out with a crowd was highly overrated. :) Much better to be capable of individual thought without having to have the buy-in from others. :)

Not, of course, to indicate that the nice folks on this thread with the alike tags are part of a crowd. I was just curious, thats all.

I'm confused, Jenzebelle, was that last post directed to me? I surely was not turning this nice thread into anything else, I was just clarifying (and as it turns out, reaffirming) a point made about my friend Kelsie. And asking an innocent question. My bad. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

yay! My oldest brother, who is 55 too, was in the Air Force during the Viet Nam War. Happy Birthday, Air Force.

crowds scare Bumbles.....WDW would never see Bumbles in the summer....too many people...much prefer December before the holidays :)

Not, of course, to indicate that the nice folks on this thread with the alike tags are part of a crowd. I was just curious, thats all.

I assumed it was in homage to the USAF b-day? Unless lots of people have a warm fuzzy spot in their hearts for the AF in general. Which I know I do....I love you Dad!!!

Ah, you and me both, Bumbles. My problem is not so much the crowd in the summer, its my husband's dislike for heat in general. August in WDW was one time too many for my family! :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll see you in WDW this December before the holidays, I'll be there then too! :) Are you coming to DIS Con? I just made my airline ressies yesterday, can't wait! :)

hey cool! Alas, no DISCon for me......Mr. Bumbles fears crowds worse than me...plus, he's a vegan.....I don't think we'd get our $$ worth out of the package. Which is a shame...looks like so much fun!!!

oops---sorry--don't mean to take this thread off track......

Go AF!

Im honored to give the USAF a Happy Birthday!!!
The sacrifices made by the men and woman in uniform give us the ability to speak freely here and in other places and without their great service we wouldnt have this luxury that is rare in the world!!
The contributions of the military has helped greatly to make this the best country on earth bar none!!!

The avatars are a sign of respect for the AF, in light of its 55th birthday . :) Kinda like everyone had a 9/11 signature last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter