A Ghostly, Incredible, Totally Wicked Couple of Runs(Plus DATW with DISsers) Marathon Weekend Report

Sounds like a great day! Too bad about Brown Derby though. I haven't eaten there for a couple years but remember really liking it back then.

I love your ToT shot! That poor kid... I hope he recovered ;)

Was great to meet you guys at HH!

I thought the same about Slinky... It was cute. I enjoyed peeking into Star Wars Land from the top, but overall, give me ToT all day.

Great to meet you too! And, yes ToT is just the best!!

Sounds like a great day! Too bad about Brown Derby though. I haven't eaten there for a couple years but remember really liking it back then.

It was a wonderful day from beginning to end. I'm hoping it was just an off day at Brown Derby. Maybe next time we go for lunch and we just get cobb salad and apps. Can't go wrong there!

Enjoying your trip report. Your race photos look so good, you look like you are running so effortlessly! Great outfits too! I love ToT themeing, but my stomach can't handle it anymore.

Fun day at HS! I've only eaten at Brown Derby once and was underwhelmed, especially for the price. Mama Melrose is my favorite TS in HS - ate there after the marathon!

Enjoying your trip report. Your race photos look so good, you look like you are running so effortlessly! Great outfits too! I love ToT themeing, but my stomach can't handle it anymore.

Well, in a 10k with lots of picture stops, sometimes the running does feel effortless. Now, the marathon...

Fun day at HS! I've only eaten at Brown Derby once and was underwhelmed, especially for the price. Mama Melrose is my favorite TS in HS - ate there after the marathon!

We've never tried Mama Melrose. Maybe we give that a shot next time!

How long does it take to drive 5 miles?

tenor.gif

I’d had big plans to do some half-marathon spectating on this trip. I’ve never spectated a runDisney race and thought this was the perfect time. I’d been struggling to figure out the best way to get to Magic Kingdom as that was the spot I wanted to view from. It really seemed the best option from Beach Club was to take an event bus to Epcot and then monorail over to MK. BUT, when the alarm went off at 3 AM, I just didn’t want to get up.

CaringCanineElephantbeetle-size_restricted.gif

So, we decided instead to leave around 6ish and take a mini-van over to Contemporary. We had a breakfast ADR for 7:30 and thought we’d walk from the Contemporary over to watch for a bit before eating. Well, we couldn’t get a mini-van (all spoken for I guess) so opted to just request a Lyft instead.

When our driver arrived, we first asked about if he knew about the road closures and could he get us there. He said he was a local who lived near the contemporary and, yes, he felt he could get us there. Thus began our one hour+ odyssey to get to the Contemporary. I won’t bore you with the details but after numerous u-turns and an eventually big back-end loop and a cast-member entrance, we finally arrived at 7:45. Honesty though, the guy was so nice and incredibly patient and I felt so bad for sending him on this wild goose chase I ended giving him a huge tip (no telling how many fares he missed trying to get us there). So, no spectating for us. But, we did have a great breakfast. The Wave offers a breakfast buffet with almost all their items from their regular menu plus they will make you an omelet or French toast to order included with the buffet cost. It’s far superior to any breakfast buffets in the parks at a price of $24 for an adult. So, if characters aren’t a deal for you on an MK day breakfast, I’d highly recommend this place. It was deserted too and we had great and fast service.

Once done with breakfast, we walked over to MK and easily made it up to the Tomorrowland rope drop crowd.

]

to make to over to Seven Dwarves for a ride.

We followed the crowd and got into the line when a cast member came through saying the ride was down and they didn’t know when it would open. Well, we weren’t going to kill all our rope drop time waiting for the ride, so we shot across to Pooh. We love Pooh and Friends.

We wanted a castle picture with our 10k medals too, so got that accomplished

and then wandered over to Haunted Mansion, our favorite ride in MK, and had a nice little trip in our Doom Buggy.

I had an FP for BTMRR, but it makes Chris a little sick, so I swapped it for Splash instead. The FP wasn’t needed as it was a walk-on at this point.

While we didn’t get drenched, we did get splashed pretty good, so my hair took a bit of a beating. LOL.

Then it was time for our FP on Pirates. Great ride as always.

]

Chris practicing for photopass people on the course tomorrow. LOL

We had some time to kill before our next FP, so we decided to go get a picture with Minnie. We’d worn our 10k medals today. But, my hair was basically hosed from Splash, so I stopped off for a new hat. I like this one because it’s got Mickey running and then the 4 park icons so it felt like a runDisney hat even though it isn’t.

Daisy and Minnie meet together, so we met with Daisy first and told her I thought it very unfair that she doesn’t have a race in her honor. She agreed. :D

Then the main lady who was perfectly sweet and congratulatory, of course.

We opted to ride Little Mermaid while we were close by. I enjoy this ride since Little Mermaid is one of my favorites.

We were getting a little bit hungry by now and decided to just grab a quick hot dog to share and enjoy the beautiful view. It was a warm and gorgeous day out!

]

Next up was Jungle Cruise and then picked up a Dole Whip

and then we decided to make a stop at Country Bear Jamboree. I think I might have watched this show many years ago, but Chris had never seen it, so why not? Plus our friend @rteetz loves it. Well…that was something.

That’s all I’ll say about that. :D

We got a 4th FP for Haunted Mansion and then wanted to hit People Mover before leaving, but when we got there the line was pretty long (I miss the days when nobody rode this), so we bailed. On the way out, I told Chris we should get a picture by the famous purple wall. So we did…

We don’t get it. #weareold

[url=https://flic.kr/p/S8xJbC]

We headed back to Beach Club and got things ready for the marathon the next day [url=https://flic.kr/p/2ec3451]

and then settled in to watch the Chiefs game.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QvkEaZ]

This is how Chris watched the entire game while I rested my legs. I kept warning him he had a marathon to run the next day, but he didn’t seem to care. LOL Thankfully they won!!

I don’t even remember what we did for dinner now - we'd done some snacking while watching the game, I think we may have walked back over to Epcot and had Fish and Chips (probably not good pre-race fuel LOL) and then went to bed early and ready (hopefully) to run the marathon the next day!!!

Next up: Let’s run a Marathon!!!

[/url][/url][/URL]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ec3451][url=https://flic.kr/p/QvkEaZ][/url][/URL][url=https://flic.kr/p/QvkEaZ]
https://flic.kr/p/2ec3451[/URL]​

Hilarious pictures in this update...

- Those guys behind you on Pirates
- Chris' face at The Purple Wall
- Chris watching the game

Love it!! :rotfl:

Castle picture is awesome, and THOSE OUTFITS - love!!

I had always been doubtful of the wave, what with its open reservations, but I also thought the brunch buffet was one of the better ones on property. Lunch was slightly less awesome (because no buffet), but it has become my 5 year old's constant request!

It is crazy how long TTA can get now. And that whole chain queue line now for it. I was planning on a purple wall selfie, cause you just have to and totally forgot the whole trip. Great photos!

Well at least you attempted to spectate. I really want to try the Wave one of these days.

Purple wall picture! Haha I don't get it either and I am young. Glad you saw CBJ even if you thought it was weird.

TTA was long all week it seemed but the line moved very quickly the 2 times I did it.

Glad the Chiefs won that one. We won't speak about anything further on that subject...

Hilarious pictures in this update...

- Those guys behind you on Pirates
- Chris' face at The Purple Wall
- Chris watching the game

Love it!! :rotfl:

Castle picture is awesome, and THOSE OUTFITS - love!!

I sent that picture of Chris watching the game to the group chat I thought it was so funny! I was really happy with out outfits for the race too.

I had always been doubtful of the wave, what with its open reservations, but I also thought the brunch buffet was one of the better ones on property. Lunch was slightly less awesome (because no buffet), but it has become my 5 year old's constant request!

We ended up eating there a second time this trip for breakfast because we enjoyed it so much. I like that it's apparently not well-liked or known about because it made it a very quiet and pleasant dining experience.

What is the famous purple wall?

There's a wall painted purple off on a side walkway as you enter into Tomorrowland. It's instagram famous I guess as a good background for taking a picture and became sort of its own meme or something like that. At least that's how I understand it, but as stated... #old

It is crazy how long TTA can get now. And that whole chain queue line now for it. I was planning on a purple wall selfie, cause you just have to and totally forgot the whole trip. Great photos!

I'm sad that so many other people have discovered the joy of the people mover. :(

Well at least you attempted to spectate. I really want to try the Wave one of these days.

Purple wall picture! Haha I don't get it either and I am young. Glad you saw CBJ even if you thought it was weird.

TTA was long all week it seemed but the line moved very quickly the 2 times I did it.

Glad the Chiefs won that one. We won't speak about anything further on that subject...

Seriously try The Wave. We really like it. I'm glad you don't get the purple wall thing either and I actually am glad I saw CBJ because it is a classic Disney attraction and even though I made fun of it, the animatronics in it are impressive.

Yes, thankfully we got that win at least. Chris is still in mourning over what came later...

What is the famous purple wall?
There's a wall painted purple off on a side walkway as you enter into Tomorrowland. It's instagram famous I guess as a good background for taking a picture and became sort of its own meme or something like that. At least that's how I understand it, but as stated... #old
Also #old, but I follow enough Disney lifestylers on Instagram to know that Gisele is right.

And there are "walls" in the others parks too (smiling with your mouth open is apparently a requirement?): https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...isney-parks-super-fans-deem-instagram-worthy/

Disney has caught on and monetized said walls. Example: PhotoPass at the Bubble Gum Wall in Epcot: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...day-photos-pop-with-disney-photopass-service/
View attachment 378753 When we were there for a family trip in December, we walked by the purple wall and I told my husband to pose for a picture there because “I’m told this is a thing people do....”

So this what he did...
I love this :rotfl2:

We saw two youngsters taking pictures at the bubblegum wall when we were leaving SSE one day and I pointed it out to Chris to let him know the Purple Wall was not the only photo worthy wall at Disney. LOL

Great pictures. I haven’t been to The Wave yet, I’ll have to try it. That’s crazy getting over there. I thought about taking Uber to the Contemporary and then decided to go to EPCOT so I could ride the monorail. Glad I didn’t do that! Love your review of CBJ!

Great Pirates photo (practicing your photopass smiles). That has got to be the most awkwardly placed ride photo ever! I either forget it’s there (and have a ridiculously inquisitive look on my face...) or I remember it’s there and tell myself “look natural, look natural, look natural“. Neither has worked for me very well. I need to try your technique next time!

I love the pink poodles at Minnie’s meet and greet! I collect pink poodle figurines from the 50’s (I have my Grandma’s). They are on display in my kitchen, which has a bit of a 50’s Prime Time feel. I’ve never done the character meet and greet in Fantasyland. I will need to check it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts