A few weird things we saw people do on our trip

We were at the MK last June and got in line for the Tiki birds of all things. There were maybe 15-20 people in the front, then an opening then a few people then an opening, and then a few people, then us and then the rest of the line. So this family starts yelling and forcing their way through to go ahead to the open space. This is the line, not a preshow, not the show, the line, nobody is moving yet. There was no real gap between us and the next group, but they're yelling at us and pushing there way ahead. Well mom and dad get through, and we put our hands out on the rails to prevent the other two from getting through. Well teen daughter, prob about 16 uses my arms like a bar and ducks under. We still have the son behind us. He seems kind of nervous and embarrassed and when I really look at him I notice that he is probably only about 14 or 15 so I tell my husband he is just a kid and let him go ahead. I got the idea if we didn't that dad would make that kid very unhappy all day. But boy was I fuming. Well then DD, 10 at the time says, "maybe they are from Long Island" and I'm like "huh?" and then remember the fight at MK with the family from Long Island that ended up getting arrested and the Tasering and all. Had to laugh, which broke up some of my tension.
About the feet in the fountain. I remember when Dinosaur first opened there was a very large fountain in front of it. (planters now?) and there were over 50 people with their feet in there when we came off the ride, including my little one who was waiting with grandma while we road. (grandma was a real softy) I think they closed the fountain because they couldn't keep the guests out of it.

My biggest pet peeve are the line cutters. Now I have no idea why this bothers me so much, as I am not a germaphobe (?) in the least. But when a group of teens are in a gift store, and I know they are just having fun which is what Disney is all about, and the entire group grabs a hat, maybe the sunglasses, fake beards, or whatever, puts them on, take pictures, laugh, point at each other, etc, and then they put everything back. It gives me the willies.

this did not happoen at the world but reading this thread i thought it would fit right in. i was in line for superman at six flags a couple years ago and they two cars running. One of them ahead of us happend to not being working so it was closed so there was only one workinbg for us. having a large group we split up and knew we would not have been on the same ride but a few of us would.a few brazillian student get behind us and in the next ro a few get there. the ones next to us happened to be getting on the ride before we would but that didn't bother. so realiozing that they would not get on wtih their friends ther like can we cut in front of you to ride with our friends. i would have let them go but i myself would have friends on that ride i was not riding with and that time around the one that was not working would come so they coulkd not get on anyway. i politely explained that i had a trime crunch and that they could not get on that one because it was broken . theythen flip out at me "what are you a F*&%#&G technichian" though it was apprent it was broken due to tyhe caution tape. after their friends rode they still would not give up so when it came to our turn when the gates opened they tried to push in front of us. the employee then proceed to say that we were ahead of them and they would have to wait. as i got on the ride i noticed they they decided to get out of line thouhg they waited almost an hour to get o. ALL i can say is peopl have NO patience. :confused:

Okay...:surfweb: after following this thread and the line jumpers...doesn't the management at WDW know what is going on???? :rolleyes1 Do they tolerate this rude behavior? Has anyone actually gone to Guest Relations? I'm curious because we'll be there in July and I'm getting apprehensive. I have a VERY low threashold for ignorance and line jumping :eek:

Okay...:surfweb: after following this thread and the line jumpers...doesn't the management at WDW know what is going on???? :rolleyes1 Do they tolerate this rude behavior? Has anyone actually gone to Guest Relations? I'm curious because we'll be there in July and I'm getting apprehensive. I have a VERY low threashold for ignorance and line jumping :eek:

I would ask the same question. My family has seen the infamous Brazilian linecutters, and its certainly not a new concept to WDW (or any park for that matter). I have also watched CMs watch the line cutters tromp through and over people without saying anything. I worked at an amusement park and we had procedures in place to manage the large groups that cut in line so that guests didn't have to.

Weirdest thing I EVER saw....

We went to a P&P party in Feburary, at the end of the party we just hung out on the patio in front of the Plaza waiting for the crowds to go. When we got back on Main Street it was deserted, it was seriously just us and a really, really, creepy guy getting his picture taken by a Photopass lady photograher in front of the castle. He was very tall and thin and dressed all in black. Black hair, long black jeans and long sleeved black t-shirt and black shoes. He was holding a baby doll dressed in a very frilly pink dress, like baby Sleeping Beauty doll and he was posing with it. He never smiled, but kept holding the doll in different postions and poses. It was SO creepy. One of those things that makes an alarm bell go off in your head. (shiver)

Holy Moley I would've run screaming from the park! :scared1:

I have never ( thank goodness ) encountered the Brazilian Line Cutting Team, so what do they do? Do they seriously just walk into the middle of a line?

We were heading towards space mountain and near the escalator in futureworld (can't remember where it goes) a dad tried to play it cool and jump over a metal barrier. Funny part was that he got caught up and tripped, did not get hurt though. Sad part was his son started laughing and the dad smacked the kid on the backside of the head fof laughing. Talk about parent of the year award, smack your kid because you embarassed yourself!

We went to a P&P party in Feburary, at the end of the party we just hung out on the patio in front of the Plaza waiting for the crowds to go. When we got back on Main Street it was deserted, it was seriously just us and a really, really, creepy guy getting his picture taken by a Photopass lady photograher in front of the castle. He was very tall and thin and dressed all in black. Black hair, long black jeans and long sleeved black t-shirt and black shoes. He was holding a baby doll dressed in a very frilly pink dress, like baby Sleeping Beauty doll and he was posing with it. He never smiled, but kept holding the doll in different postions and poses. It was SO creepy. One of those things that makes an alarm bell go off in your head. (shiver)

OMG I know EXACTLY who you are talking about. There is a guy w/ the username Flower'sChild who posts on another board I go to, wdwmagic.com, and he used to post his "doll pictures" all of the time until the mods there forced him to stop. He is EXTREMELY creepy and wierd, yet everyone there coddles him like a child. He is truly sickening...

I'm staying Concierge at Grand Floridian one year.

There is an elevator in the main lobby, that anyone can use to travel first to second floor, with room key access to access the concierge floors three and up.

I have just gotten into the elevator on the second floor, swiped my room key and pushed the button for the fourth floor when parents with a child get in behind me to go down to first.

I tell them I am going up, not down. They say, don't worry, we will come up and then go down again.

As I get out, father follows me, grabs two bananas from the concierge food table & jumps back in the elevator. As the door closes, I hear mum telling him off for not taking three.

I am sure Disney won't be bankrupted by the loss of two bananas, but what lesson were they teaching their child?

Andrew

OMG I know EXACTLY who you are talking about. There is a guy w/ the username Flower'sChild who posts on another board I go to, wdwmagic.com, and he used to post his "doll pictures" all of the time until the mods there forced him to stop. He is EXTREMELY creepy and wierd, yet everyone there coddles him like a child. He is truly sickening...

Listen...I know that this may seem like a creepy individual BUT I DO remember reading about this user and is was apparent to me (at the time) that this person (guy) was "special" if you know what I mean. I dont know anything about him - I certainly DONT know him - BUT... sometimes people are NOT what you may think them to be.....and from the posts I have read about Flowers Child. He is a "special" person so please do not assume he is a pervert or a bad person. I guess what I am trying to say is - if you do not have first had experience please try not to judge.........

He used to post here, but I haven't seen any posts by him in a while.

Part of my biggest thing is to try to ignore people and have fun anyway. I have very little patience and WDW has taught me to be that way. I always say WDW would be perfect without all the crazy, rude, weird people. But they will always be there. So I have learned to get on with them and not want to beat them. Well, most of the time.

Uncle Albert

He used to post here, but I haven't seen any posts by him in a while.

Exactly what I was going to say. I think he posted more down below on the Community Boards. He's exactly who I thought of when I read that post. He seems to be a tad bit "different", but I do think he has some mental/medical issues. I'd bet my bottom dollar this was the guy the poster was talking about. He visits WDW ALOT and was always going to Park Fare for the Cinderella dinner b/c he loves Suzy and Perla.

Exactly what I was going to say. I think he posted more down below on the Community Boards. He's exactly who I thought of when I read that post. He seems to be a tad bit "different", but I do think he has some mental/medical issues. I'd bet my bottom dollar this was the guy the poster was talking about. He visits WDW ALOT and was always going to Park Fare for the Cinderella dinner b/c he loves Suzy and Perla.

Yep, it has to be Flowers Child, as the description certainly fits him. For all his strangeness he seems pretty harmless to me, as I'm sure the CMs at MK probably think so as well.

happpen last nov at test track three spanish speaking teenagers do not know what country . first push their way to front of pre show doors of course i will not let them bye so when those doors open they get around me and my family and kick the exit doors open and go though. my ds5,dd7 ,ds9 follow them though .so my wife and i go though also to get the kids .mean whlie another room is letting out so we stop the kids and let that group go in front of us. as soon as i get to a cm i tell him what they did and pointed them out he did nothing .so these teenagers start giving the loading cm a hard time acting like they do not understand english .i heard her tell them if they did not start acting right they could not ride .boy how quick they learn english was amazing.

I was on a bus heading to EPCOT a couple weeks ago and on the bus there was a guy reading a computer science book. There was nothing rude about it, it was just something you don't see everyday at Disney World.::yes::

Keep in mind to take all of this for what it is, the exceptional behavior of people. When you think of the thousands of the people you will encounter in the parks, for the most part the large majority behave in a civilized manner. But every now and then, you run into a person, family, or group who's in a mood, or thinks they're more entitled than the average patron etc. and of course they provide a very memorable experience since it is so out of character. :)

I was on a bus heading to EPCOT a couple weeks ago and on the bus there was a guy reading a computer science book. There was nothing rude about it, it was just something you don't see everyday at Disney World.::yes::

That is different. But you hear of solo people often bringing books to read while there. If person was a student, I can understand. Definately different though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter