A few Questions...

NadiasMommy

Earning My Ears
Not too long left..thejourney is almost here! We just had a few questions for ya'll if you wouldn't mind helping us out...

Does anyone know how much the Ride photo's cost? *the ones' they take of you while you are on the ride*?

How much money would you reccomend alloting a 4 y.o for souvineers? Or ideas of what you have done to allot spending with children..?

Refillable Mugs..are they worth it on Dining Plan?

And Does anyone know how much a Large Disney Themed Photo Album is at the parks...?

Thanks so much..I am sure these are odd ?'s..just trying to get an idea of how much things are going to cost so we can budget souvineer money accordingly.

Thanks,
:earsgirl:

I'll try to be of some help.

1. The ride photos are around $12-13. And I think our last photo from Toon Town was $12.95 for a 5x7.

2. I don't have children, but would probably allow one sovenier a day. Some days you will get off real cheap if they want something small. I wouldn't tell the child that she/he is allowed one thing per day, because maybe some days they will not ask for anything. And on the days that he does ask, mention to him that he is allowed one thing and be sure that is the thing he wants.

3. I think refillable mugs are around $12. They are totally not worth it too me as I do not drink soda or carbonated beverages. I am a juice and water person and last year on our visit to POR the closest thing they had was a minute maid orange soda. I drank it because DH already bought the mug and I didn't want it to go to waste. I guess it just depends how big of soda drinkers your family is.

I don;t know how large you are talking, but some of the three ring binder albums that hold two 4x6 pictures per page were about $20. I know they have larger scrapbook type albums that start around $35. (And with my experience, if you think you *might* want one of these books, buy it there because they are no cheaper on ebay!
Good luck and have fun on your trip!

We didn't find refillable mugs to be worth it for us, but I it depends how much you are going to hang out at the hotel , and where you are staying. We spend as much time in the parks as we can - so after breakfast we hop on a bus as quickly as we can. We didn't want to carry the mug back to the room (at both the mods and the Swan this can be a bit of a walk) or around all day with us, as it is useless in the parks. Usually we get back too late [tired] to go get a fill. (though I suppose you could fill it with soda in the morning and store it in the fridge) However, if you were planning on spending a fair amount of time at your hotel, then it would be more worthwhile. (Typically, when we do go to the pool and have a drink, it is the kind with alcohol.) Also as the previous poster said, if you don't drink coffee or soda, then it is also less worthwhile.

It might be more worthwhile to buy one, and share the contents...or, it might be worth it to buy drinks at the store at your hotel (or to make a grocery store run), or to consider having water delivered to your hotel.
I would strongly suggest having at least some bottled water. Even if you don't mind the tap water at WDW, having a bottle handy will help keep you hydrated during the day. If you don't mind the FL water, then you can refill the bottle. With a 4 year old, I'll assume you will have a stroller, so carrying extra water is easy.

As far as souvineers, that's going to vary widely on your budget, tastes, and your child. You COULD spend hundreds, but I suspect you can (fairly painlessly) get away with about $10 - $20 a day, too.
One thing my sister did that was very smart, was that she got her daughter a light up wand at the start of the first day. She the kind of kid who able to hold on to it, and then she didn't desire much else ( :Pinkbounc plus, the light up toys are really cool at night when the parade comes :Pinkbounc ). She brought it with her for several days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter