A&E -- No Arts, Not very good Entertainment

Wes

Mouseketeer
I switched on A&E tonight for the first time in a long time. I think Disney owns A&E and the History Channel and maybe a few others of these cable TV stations -- maybe also BravoTV?

It dawned on me that several years ago I used to watch A&E fairly often, but tonight when I switched it on, I realized why I no longer watch. I checked the A&E schedule on the web and found even more reasons not to watch any more.

A&E, which used to be the Arts & Entertainment network has abandoned the Arts and considers enterainment to be crime shows and room makeovers and other things that you'd expect to find elsewhere (and do).

If they are going to continue to abandon the A and degrade the E, I think they should change the name.

Actually, Disney has a stake in all the channels mentioned.

Sarangel

Disney does not have a stake in Bravo, it is owned by GE/NBC. Thus why Queer Eye for the Straight Guy was played on NBC.

Through ABC, Inc., The Walt Disney Company owns or has interests in many cable networks...

In the U.S., ABC operates several ESPN networks, ABC Family, Disney Channel, Toon Disney, and SoapNet, and has interests in Lifetime Entertainment Services, A&E Television Networks, and E! Entertainment Television.

A&E Television Networks is a joint venture of the Hearst Corporation (37.5%), ABC, Inc. (37.5%) and NBC (25%). In the U.S., A&E's major networks are A&E Network, The Biography Channel, and The History Channel.

But there are also plenty of cable networks that Disney doesn't own...

Bravo is part of NBC.

In the U.S., Discovery Communications, Inc. (DCI) operates the Discovery Channel, TLC (The Learning Channel), Animal Planet, the Travel Channel, the Discovery Health Channel, The Science Channel, Discovery Kids Channel, Discovery Civilization Channel, Discovery Home & Leisure Channel, Discovery Wings Channel, and Discovery en Espanol. DCI's ownership consists of four shareholders: Liberty Media Corporation, Cox Communications, Inc., Advance/Newhouse Communications, and John S. Hendricks.

MI5 is a GREAT show on A&E....It's one of those shows where they may kill off a character..you never know what is going to happen till the very end...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter