A Disney-addicted mom braves the August (2010) heat! *11/28 Update!*

The pics look great- that view is amazing! And I love the Perry shirt- so cool. :)

yay for some pics!!!! Can't wait to see the rest!! Was it cooler today? Any rain?? It's only going to be in the upper 70s tomorrow in Cincinnati so I'll send some cooler weather pixie dust your way!

Uploading 150 pictures reminded me of some things....

While we were walking back to BCV from our lunch in Italy, we encountered a "street show" in front of France. 2 guys were setting up for a show and set out 3 chairs as part of a square. They picked people to sit in each chair and I was picked for one. It was an acrobatic show with chairs stacked on wine bottles and the guy doing and handstand and going higher and higher. They used my chair as part of the show so I didn't really do anything other than sit there.

ry%3D400

That's the back of my head sitting in the chair. ;)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Just a cute show and a little moment. Jessica was nervous for me that they were going to have me go up high! :laughing:

Amanda

Love Zachary's Mickey shirt!! So cute!!
That's cute that Jessica was worried they were going to make you go up high! Nice that she was worried about her Mommy!

Love Zachary's Mickey shirt!! So cute!!
That's cute that Jessica was worried they were going to make you go up high! Nice that she was worried about her Mommy!

She's a sweetie....when she's not for sale! :rotfl2:
Z's shirt is from the Disney Store...

TFS the great pictures!! :goodvibes

Sounds like a rough DHS day for Jessica--I'm glad the HSM 3 cheered her up.

Thanks!
Jessica is one of those kids who can't deal with being overtired. The boys can function on little sleep but Jessica really can't. And Monday was super humid and uncomfortable which didn't help at all. Luckily she's obsessed with HSM!

Amanda

Hey Amanda! Catching up your TR.

I'm glad that you made it through security! Thank goodness for kind security people. :goodvibes

So glad your requests for BCV was honored!! :yay: for DH swooping in with wine and coffee filters!! What a pain that it took him so long to get to the resort, but at least he arrived safely and soundly.

GAC seems like a great system as does Child Swap. I may have to mention it one of the members traveling with us so she can take her scooter into the queue if she is having a bad day. I don't know if we will need to use child swap, but we will if DD decides she does not like the 40 inch rides! :lmao:

Ohh, you liked Via Napoli?! Good as I changed an ADR to it!! I am really looking forward to trying it!!

Great end to your Epcot day. Glad to hear the Mexican restaurant was decent again and great idea with using the glow sticks inside the restaurant. :goodvibes
You don't need a GAC to use an ECV or wheelchair in lines.
GACs are more for invisible disabilities, like someone who has bad knees and can't do stairs, although they are not using a wheelchair or ECV. A stroller is different because without the GAC or sticker, the CMs can't see that it is being used because of a disability. The GAC and/or sticker tells the CMs to handle it just the same as a wheelchair.

CMs can see a wheelchair or ECV and will know that you need an accessible part of the line. Most lines are 'Mainstreamed' so that the line is accessible and guests using wheelchairs and ECVs wait in the same line with everyone else.
Some do have a different boarding area because the regular boarding area is not accessible. And, as already posted, sometimes using the accessible boarding area means a longer wait.

If you want more information about GACs, follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES FAQs thread and look for post #6.

Alright, all caught up! You certainly know how to update on vacation!

Sounds like a great time at the pool! Sounds like a pain getting a lifevest though! Anything interrupting nap time is horrible, isn't it? I would be so angry!

You've been busy! Too bad your pager didn't go off, that's frustrating. Cute that they are going to try and implement your glowstick idea! I was SO not going to bring a change of clothes for my kids to the parks each day, but Jessica may have just convinced me otherwise!

It's so nice that you can eat breakfast in the room! And cook it, because we eat breakfast in the room but just something like cereal or something else pre-packaged...yours sounds nice!

I'm glad Nathaniel loved Star Tours!

"That ride just tried to kill me!" I love it. That is amazing!

Too bad about the camera. J.J. does the same, he wants to take pictures all the time.

I'm glad Zachary loved Playhouse Disney! It is a really cute show!

Glad HSM could ward off a total meltdown!

Yay for pictures! Your kids are so little, I always think your older two are much older than they are. You have so many babies! They're all so cute...and such great ages for Disney. You really must be having the best time!

The view from your room is SO beautiful. I am completely jealous!

I love the dora sippy! Haha. It is really cute that Zachary loves Dora!

Very cool that you got to be part of the show! I love that act! So cute that Jessica was nervous for you!

Whew, okay, all caught up now! Can't wait for more!

I love that you got picked to participate in a show! :goodvibes And it's so cute that Jessica was worried for you. :lovestruc

I'm assuming you are just having too much fun to update which is a great thing! Can't wait to read all about it later! :)

You don't need a GAC to use an ECV or wheelchair in lines.
GACs are more for invisible disabilities, like someone who has bad knees and can't do stairs, although they are not using a wheelchair or ECV. A stroller is different because without the GAC or sticker, the CMs can't see that it is being used because of a disability. The GAC and/or sticker tells the CMs to handle it just the same as a wheelchair.

CMs can see a wheelchair or ECV and will know that you need an accessible part of the line. Most lines are 'Mainstreamed' so that the line is accessible and guests using wheelchairs and ECVs wait in the same line with everyone else.
Some do have a different boarding area because the regular boarding area is not accessible. And, as already posted, sometimes using the accessible boarding area means a longer wait.

If you want more information about GACs, follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES FAQs thread and look for post #6.

Thanks for the info! Since Zachary is little, we definitely needed to GAC and the stroller = wheelchair sticker.

Alright, all caught up! You certainly know how to update on vacation!

Sounds like a great time at the pool! Sounds like a pain getting a lifevest though! Anything interrupting nap time is horrible, isn't it? I would be so angry!

They were nice about it and made it up to us later.

You've been busy! Too bad your pager didn't go off, that's frustrating. Cute that they are going to try and implement your glowstick idea! I was SO not going to bring a change of clothes for my kids to the parks each day, but Jessica may have just convinced me otherwise!

Zachary got wet either from the rain or playing in water and then shivered thru lunch a few times. I wish I had been better about bringing dry clothes!

It's so nice that you can eat breakfast in the room! And cook it, because we eat breakfast in the room but just something like cereal or something else pre-packaged...yours sounds nice!

We all did better on the days that we ate a bigger breakfast!

I'm glad Nathaniel loved Star Tours!

"That ride just tried to kill me!" I love it. That is amazing!

I love the ToT quote! :lmao: Both Jessica and Nathaniel loved Star Tours!!!

Too bad about the camera. J.J. does the same, he wants to take pictures all the time.

I'm glad Zachary loved Playhouse Disney! It is a really cute show!

The camera issue got really annoying! Playhouse Disney is cute.

Glad HSM could ward off a total meltdown!

Yay for pictures! Your kids are so little, I always think your older two are much older than they are. You have so many babies! They're all so cute...and such great ages for Disney. You really must be having the best time!

Nathaniel is 6 and starting 1st grade. And he's my oldest. He's also tiny for his age so he and Jessica look like twins.

The view from your room is SO beautiful. I am completely jealous!

We were definitely blessed!

I love the dora sippy! Haha. It is really cute that Zachary loves Dora!

I didn't take any pics of his pink Dora blanket yet. :scared1:

Very cool that you got to be part of the show! I love that act! So cute that Jessica was nervous for you!

It was cool - not that I really did anything more than sit!

Whew, okay, all caught up now! Can't wait for more!

I love that you got picked to participate in a show! :goodvibes And it's so cute that Jessica was worried for you. :lovestruc

She was very sweet!

I'm assuming you are just having too much fun to update which is a great thing! Can't wait to read all about it later! :)

I would have had a few minutes here and there to update but it didn't seem worth the $10 per day for internet access!

We headed towards Hollywood and Vine for our 12:35 ADR. We've done this lunch on each and every trip to Disney. I was ready to give it up this time but realized that we still need to do some of the little kid things for Zachary.

As we were walking over to the restaurant, the sky got very, very dark. Tom found some covered spots for the strollers and we put the rain ponchos over the seat (and tied them to the strollers bc it was quite windy, too. A big storm was definitely brewing!!! We checked in at the counter and hung out on the covered front porch of the restaurant. Sure enough the skies opened up and a torrential rain storm unleased itself. The wind was strong enough that most of the porch was wet!!!

Zachary thought this was a great opportunity to get wet! :rotfl:

Amanda

ry%3D400

Zachary playing in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground

ry%3D400

Jessica the Jedi!

ry%3D400

Jedi Nathaniel (sorry about the glare - not a great pic)

ry%3D400

Zachary and Tom

ry%3D400

Puddles were made for splashing! :banana:

ry%3D400

Amanda

We were finally called in for lunch. Zachary was soaking wet and it was quite air conditioned inside. Which meant that he spent most of our lunch shivering. :guilty:

As I said we know this lunch. The food is actually decent. I particularly like the seafood alfredo. The broccoli in the kids section is really good, too. :confused3 Plenty of choices and we've never had a bad experience at this meal. My kids watch too much Playhouse Disney so they're pretty familiar with the Little Einsteins and Handy Manny. The older 2 know JoJo but Zachary doesn't.

When we were at Disney in December Zachary was terrified of the characters. It was so sad. He'd sit in his highchair and shake his head no. :sad1: I wasn't sure how he'd do on this trip. At Sesame Place he was ok with the characters as long as they didn't get too close. He knows and loves these characters so I was optimistic.

Amanda

1st up was JoJo.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Zachary wasn't too sure how he felt!

Next was Handy Manny:

ry%3D400

Handy Manny with me!

ry%3D400

The kids seemed more interested in food than characters! ;)

Then Leo:

ry%3D400

Zachary at least seems interested this time!!!

But where was June???

Amanda

We waited and waited for June. The Little Einsteins were the reason we came to this restaurant and we wanted to see June. She got near our table and then disappeared. Kids were getting antsy and we wanted to leave. I'm not usually a pushy person but this was a little frustrating. Finally they sent us to the Princess Booth (or the "annoying, pushy people" area). The funny thing is that at this point there were many empty tables and not many people waiting outside so there was no reason to "kick us out" of our table. Be that as it may....

ry%3D400

Jessica waiting with Minnie.

ry%3D400

Zachary with Mickey.

ry%3D400

Hey June! Look at my Mickey Mouse!!!

ry%3D400

Some quick autographs.

ry%3D400

Some love!

And off we go...

Amanda

It was out into the rain, rain, rain.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

But at least we were able to take the boat back to BCV without a problem.

The kids were tired and the weather wasn't nice. We put on a movie and had a quiet afternoon in the room. Which was much needed!!! We then threw all 3 kids in the gigantic whirlpool tub for a pre-dinner bath. Everyone changed into nicer clothes...

ry%3D400

Some more effectively than others... :rotfl2: And off to Epcot we went....

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter