A Disney-addicted mom braves the August (2010) heat! *11/28 Update!*

sooo I can't wait to find out if they were tall enough or not!!! I think the first time my brother rode it, he was 5! A little girl in my class was 5 when she rode it in April but she is a tall girl for her age because she was also tall enough to ride TOT, RnR, EE, TT, MS, etc and rode them all lol.

A cliffhanger! Can't wait for the answerpopcorn:: I'm pretty impressed that you were able to get the crew out the door by 7:15.

Getting out by 7:15 is pretty great! I'm worried about making 9 am rope drops so I'm impressed. :thumbsup2.

Sorry the bus ride was so stressful but its nice that you met a nice family. :)

I'm glad Nathaniel had a good time. The change in attitude probably made a huge difference in everyone's trip.

Did you have to wait long for Dumbo?

I hope they were tall enough for SM!

sooo I can't wait to find out if they were tall enough or not!!! I think the first time my brother rode it, he was 5! A little girl in my class was 5 when she rode it in April but she is a tall girl for her age because she was also tall enough to ride TOT, RnR, EE, TT, MS, etc and rode them all lol.

Jessica's very tall for her age.

A cliffhanger! Can't wait for the answerpopcorn:: I'm pretty impressed that you were able to get the crew out the door by 7:15.

Thanks! I wanted to get to rope drop.... :confused3

Getting out by 7:15 is pretty great! I'm worried about making 9 am rope drops so I'm impressed. :thumbsup2.

Sorry the bus ride was so stressful but its nice that you met a nice family. :)

I'm glad Nathaniel had a good time. The change in attitude probably made a huge difference in everyone's trip.

Did you have to wait long for Dumbo?

I hope they were tall enough for SM!

Jessica was the difficult child this trip! :rotfl2: But Nathaniel was an angel. Dumbo wasn't a long wait at all!

Amanda

ry%3D400

Jessica waiting for Dumbo

ry%3D400

Tom and Nathaniel on Dumbo

ry%3D400

Fantasyland expansion

ry%3D400

More Fantasyland expansion

Amanda

Nathaniel has his own digital camera and took a lot of pics during the trip. I find the picture quality is a little grainy but here are his pics from the parts I've told you about....

ry%3D400

Zachary waiting for us to get off Test Track

ry%3D400

Tom at Hollywood & Vine

ry%3D400

Me at Hollywood & Vine

ry%3D400

Zachary

Amanda

So six is the magical age for Disney, huh? I'll have to remember that!

Interesting pictures of the construction. Do you know anything about the construction? DH is very into it so I hear about it off and on. I wonder if those are the circus tents that will be made permanent.

I bet they're both tall enough for space mountain. I love cliffhangers!

I think Jessica looks EXACTLY like you. Is it just the pictures, or is she really your little clone?

So cute that Nathaniel had his own camera to take picture. They look great!

Cute pics- Nathaniel must have had fun taking his own pics! :cutie:

So six is the magical age for Disney, huh? I'll have to remember that!

Interesting pictures of the construction. Do you know anything about the construction? DH is very into it so I hear about it off and on. I wonder if those are the circus tents that will be made permanent.

I bet they're both tall enough for space mountain. I love cliffhangers!

I think Jessica looks EXACTLY like you. Is it just the pictures, or is she really your little clone?

So cute that Nathaniel had his own camera to take picture. They look great!

Jessica is my clone - only very tall. I'm short (5'2") but my DH is tall (6'4"). She definitely has his height but my face.
I don't know about the construction. I suspect the tents are there to hide what they're doing. :confused3

Cute pics- Nathaniel must have had fun taking his own pics! :cutie:

He loves his camera! He's a little shy around the characters and sometimes feels that he's too big for them. We told him that his job was to take lots of pics.

Amanda

Sorry for the cliffhanger! I'm back to work and there's no camp or school this week. Daycare is closed yesterday and today. My nanny is working 10-12 hour days and I'm trying to race home to take over so she can go home! :eek:

So we head over to Space Mountain for measurement. The kids had both been warned that they might not be tall enough. I even prepared them for multiple measurings being different, etc.

Nathaniel was clearly tall enough. His head was well-over the line. Safe! :banana: Jessica, on the other hand, is about 1/4 inch too short. No doubt she'll be tall enough in January but not this trip. We got a baby swap pass and Tom and Nathaniel entered the Mountain!

I thought this was the perfect outcome. Jessica had looked terrified on Test Track (she did ride it twice but Tom just assumed she wanted to ride again and I wasn't so sure!). Nathaniel loves all things space-related. Jessica whined a bit but did pretty well with it (especially considering that she was the most difficult one this trip!).

Jessica, Zachary, and I headed for the "Rocket Ride" (Astro Orbiters to the rest of you). We had a fun ride together and then headed to Buzz. Tom and Nathaniel were about 20 people behind us in line for Buzz. After shooting some aliens, Nathaniel and I headed back to Space Mountain and Tom took the kids to Fantasyland to ride Pooh. I was a little disappointed to miss Pooh (I love that ride, especially the Tigger part) but I was super psyched for Space Mountain with Nathaniel. We honestly didn't need to Baby Swap pass because the line was almost a walk-on (we saved it for later but never used it!).

We re-convened and tried to make a plan. I really wanted a cream cheese pretzel but it was only 10:30 and they don't open until 11am. :sad2: The kids decided to ride the "Stinky Cars" (I love that name!). Nathaniel, Zachary, and I shared a car. Thankfully Nathaniel is a decent driver so it wasn't too bumpy!!!! The kids were being a little crabby at this point. As we were loading the strollers, I realized that my cell phone was missing! :scared1: Tom and I had been texting all day so I knew I had just had it. I asked the CM at the Indy Cars for help. Not a good feeling! (It's my work Blackberry and Tom and I were totally dependent on our phones to communicate with each other because of the baby swap stuff!) Luckily the nice CM found my phone and returned it!

Amanda

It sounds like it was good that Jessica wasn't tall enough then. Being close in height to the requirement is tough, especially because they can measure you again right before you get on the ride.

I would have been FREAKING OUT about my phone. I'm so glad the CM found it!

I think it is funny that it was easier for you to update your trip report while you were at DW! It is so hard being back to the real world!

Sound like the perfect outcome for Space Mountain.

PHEW! on the cell phone!!! Your heart must have just stopped for a second or two! Good thing you noticed so quickly!

"Stinky Cars!" :lmao:

Look forward to the next update (when you have time)

Sounds like Space Mountain worked out for the best!

So glad the CM found your phone- yikes!

Getting back to the 'real world' after a vacation can be such a jolt- especially with daycare closed! At least you have another trip to look forward to while your running around so stressed!

Yay for Nathaniel and Space Mountain! I like the name Stinky Cars too;) And I'm so glad you found your phone!

Great trip report. Just spent most of my lunch break catching up!!! I think it's so funny you keep saying you got a late start. You are very efficient. If we got to the parks by 10am we were doing good. :goodvibes I didn't realize you could specify a country with the Kim Possible missions so thanks for that tip. Thanks again for writing; it is quite entertaining.

Oh, I can imagine what a relief it was that the CM found your phone! :cool1:

I was totally panicking! I even got a few work-related phone calls at Disney and I'm totally dependent on my phone.

It sounds like it was good that Jessica wasn't tall enough then. Being close in height to the requirement is tough, especially because they can measure you again right before you get on the ride.

I would have been FREAKING OUT about my phone. I'm so glad the CM found it!

Jessica was sad that she wasn't tall enough but she did ok with it. It helps that we're going back soon because I'm sure she'll be tall enough in January!!!

I think it is funny that it was easier for you to update your trip report while you were at DW! It is so hard being back to the real world!

Sound like the perfect outcome for Space Mountain.

PHEW! on the cell phone!!! Your heart must have just stopped for a second or two! Good thing you noticed so quickly!

"Stinky Cars!" :lmao:

Look forward to the next update (when you have time)

I need to credit Jenny for Stink Cars! :lmao: I can never remember the "real" names for rides. :thumbsup2
I'm having an insanely crazy week which makes me miss Disney even more. :sad2:

Sounds like Space Mountain worked out for the best!

So glad the CM found your phone- yikes!

Getting back to the 'real world' after a vacation can be such a jolt- especially with daycare closed! At least you have another trip to look forward to while your running around so stressed!

Totally a jolt! But I have another Disney trip in January. We're probably going back to Rocking Horse Ranch for February break. And we're waiting to see if there are any room-discounts for next August. Not bad! ;)

Yay for Nathaniel and Space Mountain! I like the name Stinky Cars too;) And I'm so glad you found your phone!

I got Stinky Cars from you.... :cool1:

Great trip report. Just spent most of my lunch break catching up!!! I think it's so funny you keep saying you got a late start. You are very efficient. If we got to the parks by 10am we were doing good. :goodvibes I didn't realize you could specify a country with the Kim Possible missions so thanks for that tip. Thanks again for writing; it is quite entertaining.

Thank you!!!!
My kids are super early risers so I thought we'd make rope drop most days. :confused3 I love the pomp and ceremony that goes with rope drop! We also tend to leave the parks right after lunch so we need to get there early.

It was great requesting countries! We'd plan our missions around wherever our dinner ADR was (we ate at Epcot almost every night because it's so close to BCV).

Amanda

After retrieving my cell phone we noticed that the sky had turned ominously black. And quickly. We headed over to the Tomorrowland Noodle Station (what's it really called???) to sit out the impending storm. The kids needed drinks and snacks anyway so it was good timing. There were plenty of empty tables which were well-sheltered. Several people had the same idea but not so many as to cause a problem.

While my kids were snacking on apple slices, raisins, and teddy grahams, I noticed a family sitting near us. The little girl was probably not quite 2 and was throwing a little tantrum because mom had run out of snacks. Mom was pregnant (not huge - probably mid-2nd trimester?) and getting frustrated. We always have plenty of snacks so I walked over and offered what we had. Mom was SO grateful and it felt good to share some pixie dust (trust me, we had lots and lots of pixie dust on this trip!). So that was my little pay it forward moment.

Amanda

After about 30 minutes or so, the rain lightened up quite a lot and we decided to brave the elements. Off to Big Thunder Mountain!!! We decided that Tom would take the 2 big kids and get a baby swap pass for me. The sign said 10 minutes so we were pretty optimistic. I grabbed some FPs for Splash Mountain for later.

Zachary and I headed over to Pirates while the big kids were busy with Tom. I took full advantage of my GAC and wheeled the stroller through the line. The ride was basically a walk-on. We had a row to ourselves. I love Pirates but I think Zachary was a little frightened!!! The nice thing about the GAC is that the stroller was just waiting for us at the end of the ride. I put Zachary in the stroller and we wandered over to the Pirate store. I really wanted to find a sweatshirt for Zachary so he wouldn't get cold at lunch. Sadly all I could find was a skull and crossbones sweatshirt which cost $30+ and didn't really seem appropriate for my 2 year old. :confused3

Tom texted me that they rode Thunder Mountain twice in the time it took me to ride Pirates!!! It was raining a little harder so we waited for the big kids to arrive at the Pirate store. Zachary had fallen asleep in the stroller. After a short discussion Tom agreed to take Zachary so the kids and I could ride Splash Mountain. In their infinite wisdom :idea: the kids decided that we *must* remove all rain ponchos prior to riding Splash. I somehow agreed to this. :rolleyes: Splash was another walk-on. I think we were the only ones NOT wearing ponchos on the ride. :rolleyes1 Needless to say we got soaked!!! I was smart enough to leave Tom with everything - my purse, cell phone, cameras, APs, etc.

I figured it was probably time for our lunch ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern. We headed over there and found Tom and Zachary waiting for us. We checked in and soon found ourselves at our table. I know Liberty Tree sometimes gets trashed for the dinner. We've only ever had lunch there and it's always been good! The kids ordered the usual kid-fare and Tom and I had burgers. My only criticism of Liberty Tree is the bathrooms. They are teeny tiny and a little yuckier than the typical Disney bathroom!

Amanda

Nice updates!! I agree with you about the bathrooms at LTT, they are sooo small and unlike any other disney potty which is huge and can accomodate a ton of people!!

We've always enjoyed LTT dinner. I had a friend in college who worked there..friends with some of the characters.. and she said the food is 100% fresh unlike some of the comments about it being frozen and what-not. I wish they had the characters still at dinner..sigh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!