A "Common object" you don't have in your home

I have the book "Gear" by Alton Brown. It's mainly about pots and pans, knives, and other kitchen equipment, along with some recipes.

Yes, in the book he rails against unitasker gadgets, but admits to having a few himself, such as a "green bean frencher," to make those very thin French style green beans. But of course, if HE likes a particular unitasker, it's well worth having. :sad2:
Does the book mention whether or not he has an iron? That's just the kind of affirmation I need!! And thanks to @jaiminee krikit , I'm now having visions of myself, clutching my precious iron, being sucked up like the cows in Twister...:rotfl2:

Only had one spoon rest in all my life. No idea what happened to it.

Gotta have an ice cream scoop. I'm always putting a guilt trip on my husband (who won't use it - and we have 2) because, he scoops (with my good silver) into such hard ice cream it bends the spoons.

We don't have a corkscrew, but we don't drink wine either.

Fireplace andiron/tools set - don't have one of those, and we've got a fireplace.

My spoon rest holds my used once tea bag for the second cup'a! :fish:

Just thought of another fun thread, Maybe? :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Not only do you have to have an ice cream scoop, you have to have a really good, strong one! ::yes::

My spoon rest is getting a bit long in the tooth. It's been broken many times, but I keep finding it glued back together again. Just last week I had it in the dish drainer with a piece broken off, I came home and it was whole again! :lmao: It's not a matter of not wanting to buy another or anything like that; it's just, I guess, that DH knows I've had so many of my favorite things broken, he's taken to fixing them when he can for me. I should really just go back to where I bought it and get another! (Note to self: Do it!)

We don't have any handrails in the house. We did at one point, but we took them down. We should put them back up again. Maybe modernize them.

Like this!
IMG_00000299.jpg

Interesting! I remember talking about this with people and posting on Facebook, and no one I knew in NJ had one. Most of homes in my area were built in the 1940s and 1950s so maybe that could be a reason. I'll repoll my friends. Lol

Where in NJ are you? Lived in NJ my whole life and for the past 40 years, or so, most people I know have disposals. However, growing up, not so much. But that could be the times.

We do not have a toaster oven. For years, we had heard how wonderful they were and felt we were the only ones who did not have one. Bought one and rarely used it.
I get that you can use one to not heat the kitchen with the regular oven, but we just wound up using the oven as opposed to the toaster oven. We finally got rid of it and don't miss it

I could be wrong but I feel as though, at one point, I owned almost every single Pampered Chef item. Went to so many parties and not only felt I should buy something, it all just looked so useful. So much just sat in the cabinet or drawers that I unloaded quite a bit.

Can't think of anything common that we do not have. I am sure there is but can't think of anything.

An iron! :rolleyes1

("thimble" is my favorite response in this thread...I think if I went down my friend list I'd find far more people who don't have one than do!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter