9 nights of Disney eats

This was another one of those restaurants that we thought was just ok. Not bad but not great.

Our experience started off on a bad note. We were offered the first round table that was practically in the lounge. We really don't like to sit where people are checking in at the podium so we asked if we could have something else. So the CM went and checked and we were seated at a very small table for 4. My youngest had to sit on the end of the table and share space with dh and I. We were very cramped. I could understand if they were crowded but they weren't. Most of the restaurant was empty. My dh noticed that there were big round tables like the one in the front that were empty. Then a few minutes later a party of 3 adults and 1 child come in and they are seated. Guess where they are? Yep, in the big round table in the back. Just four of them and 5 of us are cramped at a small table.:headache:

Anyway, we stayed there and just ordered our food. I had the crab cakes for my appy and they were good. I tried the blackberry lemonade and that was really good. I was told I couldn't have refills on that because I was on the dining plan.:confused3 I could pay oop for it but why bother. I just had a water after that. For my entree I had the ribs and after having WGP Cafe's ribs I wasn't impressed. They were two bones together so it was harder to eat. Not much meat like WGP's either. For dessert I had the cheesecake and it was good.

DH had Buffalo Chicken Strips for his appy and he said they were just the way he likes them. For his entree he had the Tuna which he never had before. He had it cooked the way the chef prefers it and he said he didn't like the middle part that was like sushi. He should have ordered it the way he wanted. That was his fault. I'm sure others love Tuna done this way. For his dessert he had the Chocolate Lave cake and said it was good.

DD 10 had the Caesar Salad with a steak for her entree. Having a 10 year old order off the adult menu is sometimes a pain. She liked everything she ordered but she couldn't never finish her whole meal. For dessert she had the cheesecake and liked it.

Both younger dd's had the chicken noodle soup (yep again), mac n' cheese, and make your own sundae. They wanted fruit but our waitress said they didn't have that.

Overall impression. Ok food and pretty good service. Not adding this restaurant to our list anytime soon.

This is a new CS place for us and I loved it! :love:

We fell in love with Sunshine Seasons too! I had the rotisserie chicken flatbread, it was the best CS of the trip. DS also raved about the salmon.:thumbsup2

Basicly there is no difference between the Fantasmic Pkg. and what you get on the dining plan. Not sure if this is only with people using the dining plan or if they changed the package. Anyway here are my thoughts.

I like Mama Melrose. It's one of my favorites. Now will I ever do the Fantasmic Pkg.again. Not sure. Probably not. There was a 9 PM showing that night and we went to the front of MGM after our dinner at about 7 PM just to make sure we knew where to go and there was a crowd of people there already. We decided to wait there and go in when they open the doors, which was about 15 min. after we got there. It was still too long to wait for us. We were in the theater for about 1 hr. 40 min. It was too long for the kids to sit there and wait.

The show was good but IMHO not worth the time waiting in the theater. Please don't flame me.

The food at MM was good and our waiter was great. He made sure our glasses were filled at all times and asked if we needed anything several times.

I had the Caesar Salad for my appy and the Salmon for my entree. I thought it was very good and fresh. For dessert I had the Hazelnut Ricotta Cheesecake.

DH picked the Artisan Breads and Spreads for his appy and he wasn't happy with it. I tried it and didn't like any of the spreads and the bread seemed a little hard for my liking. For his entree he ordered the Spaghetti Fra Diavolo.
He liked the spice in it but that was it. He said after that he made a bad decision ordering spaghetti. I think for now on I need to order for him.:rolleyes1 His dessert was the Chocolate Gelato. Tasted like regular ice cream.:confused3

DD 10 had the Caesar Salad and the Butcher Tender Steak again. She ate most of it but didn't touch the Red Pepper Polenta that came with it. I tried that and it was amazing. I ate that for her. For dessert she had the Warm chocolate truffle cake and she said she doesn't like warm cake afterall so she only had a few bites.:rolleyes1

DD8 had the child's salad with pepperoni pizza and ice cream sundae for dessert.

DD6 had the chicken noodle soup with the pepperoni pizza and ice cream sundae for dessert. I didn't try the pizza but it looked really good and both kids ate the whole thing so it had to be good.

Mama Melrose is a tradition for us on every trip. We always enjoy the food and service here.

We did the MM package in early July, and loved it. With the fantasmic package, you have to arrive 30 minutes early for the preferred seating. We got there at 8:20 and sat very close to the bottom of the bleachers with no problem. 40 minutes was still a long wait when it's hot, but wasn't too bad with the sun setting.
As for MM, we were thrilled with the food. We had the bread app., calamari, and minestrone. My sister's dinner was the same as your hubby's, but she ordered it lightly spiced, and said the seafood in it was great. I had the penne with panchetta, the kids had ziti and spaghetti. I forget what we had for dessert, but I do know that we were so pleasantly surprised with the food and service that this was the ONLY place during our weeklong trip that I left an extra tip above the 18% that the dining plan does.

abk96,

I would love to hear a review of Hollywood & Vine dinner....

Thanks so much! :flower3:
~mary

Great reviews! Sorry to hear about RR.:confused3 We too had a great meal there last Sept. and are returning this Sept. Hopefully, your experience was just an isolated incident. I'll be posted my DR when we get back.

I'm already tasting Not Your Bleedin' Chowder and Ger's Bread 'n Butter Pudding. So good! :cloud9:

How was Kona? It's one of our favs!

We always make a trip to Chef Mickey. Love the characters and the food is good too.

We sat in the back room this time and had a great time. We loved the mashed cheddar potatoes (favorite), cold shrimp, they had Terriaki (sp?) Beef that was really good. And the oreo bon bons at the dessert table are delicious. I had a few.:cloud9:

Not much to report here. They have a nice buffet and the characters make it a really great time. It's a must for us every trip.

This was a new restaurant for us. We were supposed to go to Narcoossee's this night but had to cancel due to my aching feet. I couldn't squeeze them into my nice shoes and I wouldn't want to wear my sneakers here.

I really liked this buffet a lot. I was pleased to see salmon on the buffet along with a great tasting chicken. I think it was called Mediterranean Chicken. They had tomato and mozzerella salad, cold shrimp, really good polenta, and some yummy corn casserole.

Our server was great. He cleared our dishes quickly and kept my dh's iced tea filled.

I was missing 1900 PF this trip because they are closed for refurb, but this place really hit the spot.

This also was a new restaurant to make up for not going to Narcoossee's since that was a 2 TS restaurant.

Loved the Pineapple Bread with the Macadamia Nut Butter. :love: So delicious. If the rest of our meal was horrible I would still go back just for that bread. It was that good.

But our meals were not horrible. The food was very good. Our server was terrific.

I had the crab cakes for my appy and they were the perfect size. Not too big and definitely not too small. The Asian tartar sauce gave them a nice flavor. I had the fillet Mignon for my entree cooked Medium and it was so tender and juicy. Loved every bite. The mashed potatoes that accompany it were very good also. For dessert I had to try the Banana Creme Brulee. It was good.

DH had the Kona Salad to start. He loves anything with Blue Cheese. For his entree he had the Shrimp and Scallops. It was very good but he was a little disappointed in the size. I think he had 2 of each on his plate. Dessert was White Chocolate Cheesecake. He thought this was the best cheesecake he had in a while.

DD 10 had the Caesar Salad, again. She also had the Fillet Mignon cooked well done. It came out perfect. Not cooked to the point where she couldn't eat it either. She loved it. This was her first Fillet. For dessert she had the Creme Brulee because she tried the one I had at WGP and she loved it. But of course she didn't like it because she didn't care for the banana's. I couldn't just let it go to waste now so I made the sacrifice and ate that too.

Both younger dd's had the chicken noodle soup, mac n' cheese, and ice cream.

I would eat here again in the future. Very nice restaurant.

Thanks for the Hollywood & Vine review.
It will be a new one for us, too - glad to hear you had a positive experience!!

I enjoy reading your other reviews as well!!

Thanks bunches! :thumbsup2
~Mary

Glad you liked Kona! Like I posted previously it's one of our favs. In fact, we have 2 ADRs for next month and ever since we first tried in (while on DDP in Jan. 05) we've eaten there at least once per trip, and on most trips, twice. My DM really likes it and DD7 and I love the sticky wings. Usually, DD can just make a meal out of those and leave me with a few too!

How did DH like the Shepherd's Pie at Ragalan Road? Going there our next trip and am considering this.

Thanks.
Humphrey53209

thank you for the review on Cape may! I have reservations there next week and was wondering if i should keep them, i will! ;-) sounds yummy!

How did DH like the Shepherd's Pie at Ragalan Road? Going there our next trip and am considering this.

Thanks.
Humphrey53209

He said it was pretty good. He ate the whole thing so it must have been good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter