~~~~~~ 9/21/09 Booking Info Thread for 2011 Cruises ~~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why you can't do this with a reservation made by DU for you tomorrow. We are cruising in December and I plan to check the rate then for the Alaskan cruise that I hope DU will book for me tomorrow. If I can get it at 10% off and that price makes sense compared to whatever price I get tomorrow, I can book while I'm on the Magic and cancel my reservation with DU. I should still then be able to transfer the new reservation to DU, right?

You can have the onboard agent contact DU via email to release the deposit on their existing ressie and somehow apply the OBC & 10% to the reservation and keep your original room. Kcashner explained how it happened when she did this and it was easier than ever before.

Also, a few years ago I had our OBB with DU and late one Saturday night when the TA could not have called DCL a room came up that I wanted to transfer to. I emailed Tammy and she got right back to me and explained that I needed to book the room we wanted now, send her the ressie number and she would handle combining the reservations to keep main dining, the original price [which had gone up] and get the room I wanted. I got an email back before 9 am Monday morning with the confirmation that it had been done. :)

I have not seen anyone post that they have transfered an OBB w/ the 50% deposit and been able to keep the 50% deposit for a 2011 cruise since 9/24.

Wait - did I miss something? :confused3 I thought we were still in unknown waters until Monday. Has anyone posted that they attempted to transfer an OBB w/ 50% deposit, and definitely lost it?

The LA - Vancouver Repo deposit is going to be $600pp? In a cat. 11 this is almost the entire cost of the cruise :scared1: I want this repo, but that deposit would put me out. There is no way that I am going to basically pay off the trip off 19 months out. $250pp I can see, but $600 is insane.

I just got off the phone with DCL...I know, I know, we've all gotten different answers but he said the deposit for the LA to Vanc repo is $200/pp....who knows?! Guess we'll all find out tomorrow....

NO, that is not correct! I booked the LA-Vancouver April 2011 cruise last Monday and the reduced deposit was only $250 for two people. The REGULAR deposit as of Monday will be the usual $250 per person, or $500 for a double occupancy cabin. These cruises do NOT have the ridiculous $600 per person deposit required for the Alaska and Panama Canal cruises.

Sorry...I hadn't read this yet...but I find it so humorous that the DCL dude was wrong. What am I saying, we've been getting conflicting info all week?! :rotfl2:

You may have posted this previously but would you mind sharing what your cruise fare is for the LA to Vanc repo?

Thanks!

Sorry...I hadn't read this yet...but I find it so humorous that the DCL dude was wrong. What am I saying, we've been getting conflicting info all week?! :rotfl2:

You may have posted this previously but would you mind sharing what your cruise fare is for the LA to Vanc repo?

Thanks!

The deposit chart for 2011 cruises that DU has been given by DCL is posted in the first post. :) I am not going to even guess what the cruise you are asking about is though. Too many numbers rushing through my head right now. :rotfl:

Wait - did I miss something? :confused3 I thought we were still in unknown waters until Monday. Has anyone posted that they attempted to transfer an OBB w/ 50% deposit, and definitely lost it?

No, we have only been told yes, no and we have no idea until we transfer one and see what the system does with it. ;)

The deposit chart for 2011 cruises that DU has been given by DCL is posted in the first post. :) I am not going to even guess what the cruise you are asking about is though. Too many numbers rushing through my head right now. :rotfl:

Duhh! I realized after I posted this that you had compiled all the info you knew of in a nice neat area right on the first page. You probably were thinking, I did all this hard work and it's forgotten! Sorry...I did see what I was looking for. Thanks Lisa! :)

Duhh! I realized after I posted this that you had compiled all the info you knew of in a nice neat area right on the first page. You probably were thinking, I did all this hard work and it's forgotten! Sorry...I did see what I was looking for. Thanks Lisa! :)

Naw! This is the first time info has been consolidated like this so many aren't used to it. What just hit me reading someone's post about the Dream is that this is going to happen two more days this year. ACK!!!!!!! :scared1:

Time to escape for a bit and play in the Webkinz arcade for a bit. LOL!

If you call DVC they then have to call DCL and wait on hold until someone answers. No one has a direct line so that is why someone has posted that after their experience on Monday it is better to book with DCL first then switch over to points with DVC.

OR rent your DVC points (they are going from $10 - $12 per point these days), and pay for the cruise with cash. Thats what we have done in the past and have saved A LOT of points and/or cash that way.

Jodie

When I used to use a TA I usually booked myself and turned it over to her (I did not have her call as well) That may partially be because I am on the West Coast and she wasn't going to call in until a full 4 hours after I was. Since I have been a TA, I of course book myself but as a TA. The clients that I booked for last week and will be booking for tomorrow are all having me book for them only. I will be getting up for the 5AM phone call so no matter when my clients live, I am calling at the earliest possible time for them.

I am sure that you can trust your TA to do the very best for you...it is just a personal choice what you choose to do.

I hope you get a good night sleep! :thumbsup2

I've always had our TA book for us and have had great luck. We got the connecting staterooms in the category we wanted for the 2008 EBPC Repo cruise. I think I'd burst a blood vessel if I had to wait on hold with DCL or try to log onto the website. I remember how frustrating it was at the 90 day mark just trying to book Palo and excursions.

I think there is about a zero chance that the 50% deposit will be in place tomorrow.
Everyone who booked Thurs on last week verfd they made them pay the full deposit so imagine how upset they would be if the silvers got half price deposit and they did not?

I agree, but have come to accept the cold facts even if they still disappoint me. I wrote to DCL last week and got the same form letter as everyone else. Perhaps our voices will help us Silver CC members next time.

I'm curious, how many of you have DU handling your request for a 2011 booking tomorrow, but are still planning to call in yourselves to see if you get through first (and possibly for a better price)? I had given DU my request for the PC Repo and they faxed it in to IC awhile ago, and I have full confidence in my agent- I've been in touch with her often in the last couple of weeks about handling the booking tomorrow. I guess I'm just such a control freak that I feel weird not doing anything myself tomorrow when phones open at 8:00 AM...just curious for those of you using DU or another TA, are you just standing back and letting them do the work and waiting until you hear from them, or are you going to be calling and trying to book on your own too?

Doesn't this cause prices to go up artificially if you reserve a room on your own and have your TA also reserve one for you? Especially on the popular cruises such as the Panama Canal, this seems to be unfair to others.

I've always used a TA, but never DU. Nothing against DU - I just started with someone else before I knew about DU. And yes, I'm standing back and letting them do the work as I've always done. I will go about my Monday morning as normal.

So we booked Alaska last week but now are thinking we want to change it to the 11 Night Southern Holiday Cruise, we did only pay the $300pp deposit, will that transfer with me when I call to change or will I have to pay the $600pp when I change it???

So we booked Alaska last week but now are thinking we want to change it to the 11 Night Southern Holiday Cruise, we did only pay the $300pp deposit, will that transfer with me when I call to change or will I have to pay the $600pp when I change it???

Can you tell me some more about the 11-Night Holiday Cruise...?? What are the dates and on what ship??

Can you tell me some more about the 11-Night Holiday Cruise...?? What are the dates and on what ship??

It is Dec 18 to Dec 29 2010 on the Magic, :cheer2:
St Maarten, Netherland Antilles, Guadeloupe, Barbados, West Indies, St Lucia Martinique and Castaway 4 days at Sea as well 2 in front and 2 in the back.

Noone will know until someone actually does this and the system tells the CM what the balance due is. It is very possible that you will no longer have the 50% deposit special and will have to pay whatever the difference is.

St Maarten, Netherland Antilles, Guadeloupe, Barbados, West Indies, St Lucia Martinique and Castaway 4 days at Sea as well 2 in front and 2 in the back.

Interesting...that information was not up last week and you could not book either one of them or the MR holiday cruise. Wonder if they will be selling them or not.

Noone will know until someone actually does this and the system tells the CM what the balance due is. It is very possible that you will no longer have the 50% deposit special and will have to pay whatever the difference is.

Interesting...that information was not up last week and you could not book either one of them or the MR holiday cruise. Wonder if they will be selling them or not.

on their website now, you can book and pay deposit, which says it is $600 a person, I did a 3 day hold until I call tomorrow and see if I can transfer.

Haven't you already been able to book this cruise since it's a 2010 cruise and not a 2011 cruise?!?

Is it an existing reservation? DCL has not allowed that in the past...to combine an OBB and an online booking. Good luck getting through on the phone quickly in the morning.

I just checked the site and do not see where you can book a 2011 cruise. ??? What did you book?

The 12/18/11 cruise is on the Magic and there is also a 12/29/11 cruise.

Thanks for doing this. Great reference to keep handy, especially when people look back a year or two from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter