~~~~~~ 9/21/09 Booking Info Thread for 2011 Cruises ~~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought for sure they would pick up when I took the phone in the bathroom with me. 44 minutes on hold so far.

Mid June - Category 4A (middle of the ship) - 2 Adults 1 Child total price with cruise, taxes, insurance,and transfers (no air) totaled $9,300 with a $900deposit required.

Barb...did they have the issue of the queue to nowhere last year like they did on 1/31/08? I am wondering about trying to get through on the cell just in case.
Yes, and before I realized it, I hung up too early when I would have gotten in much earlier if I had waited last year. This year I had the looooong silence on both phones before they finally kicked in, but I just let 'em be.

I'm getting nervous because the phones are next to me on the couch, as are two cats. I'm just waiting for one of them to get up suddenly, walk on a phone and disconnect me!

What cruise? We need details!!!!! Dates and itinerary. Please:flower3:

ETA : Got it now....Alaska 7/26 sorry!

Price is about what I was hoping for. After reading this past weekend I was starting to think it would be twice that price.

I thought for sure they would pick up when I took the phone in the bathroom with me. 44 minutes on hold so far.

They only pick up on two sounds: flushing of toilet or shampooing of hair. If you can manage to do both at once I think they pick up immediately!

:)

deposits are $250pp for standard Caribbean & Mexico 7 night cruises, $200pp for 3-4 night cruises, $600pp for Alaska and cruises that are 10 nights are longer ... this is for nonsuites. I know the suites on Alaska and 10+ nights are $800pp (nonrefundable). Options on suites are also a lot shorter than nonsuites, and options on Alaska are shorter than Caribbean cruises.

I called in at 8 AM - got dead air - called back and got in with a l minute wait -- which was about right -- I guess it was luck. Booked Alaska - mid June 2 adults, l child Cat. 4A including transfers and insurance - but not air - total cost about $9,300.

Yes, and before I realized it, I hung up too early when I would have gotten in much earlier if I had waited last year. This year I had the looooong silence on both phones before they finally kicked in, but I just let 'em be.

I'm getting nervous because the phones are next to me on the couch, as are two cats. I'm just waiting for one of them to get up suddenly, walk on a phone and disconnect me!

Barb, I am talking about the people who were on hold for over 3-4 hours and then disconnected because the queue they were put in was never added to the main queue to be answered. Some people were able to get ressies after dealing with a supervisor that afternoon because DCL knew about the problem they had with the queue.

They only pick up on two sounds: flushing of toilet or shampooing of hair. If you can manage to do both at once I think they pick up immediately!

:)
Refreshing my screen and reading the posts is so much more entertaining than just listening to the hold music. I'm now past my 37 minute estimated wait time, so I have no expectations anymore.

Laura

Mid June - Category 4A (middle of the ship) - 2 Adults 1 Child total price with cruise, taxes, insurance,and transfers (no air) totaled $9,300 with a $900deposit required.

This is total price for everyone - and everything. I

Has anyone checked, are your reservations on the website right away? That might be a good place to cut and paste the pricing detail.

Barb, I am talking about the people who were on hold for over 3-4 hours and then disconnected because the queue they were put in was never added to the main queue to be answered. Some people were able to get ressies after dealing with a supervisor that afternoon because DCL knew about the problem they had with the queue.
Ah....I didn't know about that. I'm over my stated hold time now so hopefully I'm not in a neverending queue. Did they get the messages on hold or did it stay "silent" for the whole time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter