8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding earthquake insurance would more than double our premium in Alaska.
It doesn't make the news as much, but we get lots of rumbling up there. It goes nicely with the volcanos.

I wouldn't count on FEMA for much. :sad2:

Oh, I wouldn't worry. I understand they have loads of slightly moldy and asbestos laden trailers left over from Katrina.... :rolleyes1

Yes.

OMG!!! Got back from lunch and my co worker told me about the quake. Glad to see up to pg 206 everyone is ok. Scary stuff......

Hope you guys don't get too many after shocks. I was amused the computers are still on.

I was watching nightline last night and they said 70 aftershocks. Guess after the first 15 or so I might have started to get used to it.:scared1:

OMGosh..why did someone tell me about woot.com??

Now there is something else to be adicted to! It's not that I buy everything but I have to see "what's coming up"!

:rolleyes1 something else to look at. ( note to self ) Step away from the computer Tina.

Your story doesn't make me feel any more comfortable. :lmao: Having lived most of my life in the midwest, earthquakes are something I don't care to experience again (experienced a very minor one while in Japan -- felt like someone was kicking the back of my chair).

I've lived around tornados my whole life, but have never seen one. Plus, you can usually track them on 'live doppler radar' and know exactly where they are. Although I take them seriously, tornado warnings generally don't scare me which sounds like how most of you in California react to "minor" earthquakes.

Our last cruise was the final cruise before they introduced the H20 products. However, we have been to WDW since then and used the H20 product at both Deluxe and value resorts. I assume they are the same thing as what's on DCL. Is that correct?

I believe they are. I didn't care for the products before H20. These are so much better.

You sound like my DH - he loves the H20 body butter -we must still have 10 tubes left from our last cruise- our room steward was great and brought us tons of it. I dont care for the smell of the shampoo so I will be packing my biolage shampoo.

yup body butter is great. Funny thing is I still have some left.:rotfl2: I don't use it all the time, just when I wan't to remember cruise. We have a water softener and use very little soap products.

Just got my packet from Nationwide (which was the only one to offer condo insusrance at the time).$640.Up from 360 in 2004. Now remember, this is for the contents. The association holds the insurance for the building and we pay thru the nose for that. That is the main reason the maintenance went from 125 to 250 in 8 years.

Very true. We learned that here during the 2004 hurricanes

Liz do you mean 15 days til you leave???

After Hurricane Charlie they were literally handing out $2000 checks right on the spot. But when the other 2 blew thru everything was stalled. Insurance is a necessity.

In talking with my emergency manager friends in Florida, the latest "exclusion" by the Florida insurance companies has been wind damage. So if your roof is damaged in hurricane, they won't pay unless you have a wind policy. You may want to have your association check their coverage.

Hey all! Hope everyone has a good day today. Desiree dd got your card and she was so excited! She wanted to know how Mickey got our address and I had to think quick and say that since he is the head mouse that he could look up our addy in the reservation system! Hey it sounded good to me and she bought it!:lmao: Thank you so much it really made her day. Now to ketchup up! :surfweb:

Hey all! Hope everyone has a good day today. Desiree dd got your card and she was so excited! She wanted to know how Mickey got our address and I had to think quick and say that since he is the head mouse that he could look up our addy in the reservation system! Hey it sounded good to me and she bought it!:lmao: Thank you so much it really made her day. Now to ketchup up! :surfweb:

You mean Mickey Mouse doesn't just "know everything"???

:confused3 :confused3

:happytv: so many posts can not keep up LOL:surfweb:

At least your trying.:)

Yes and no . . . same company, but different line (and different smell) . . . also way bigger containers than what you get at the resorts.:thumbsup2

I saw this after my post.........didn't know that, thanks.

Thanks everyone for your insight....we don't have earthquakes around here and all I know about them is from science class!

We won't use it so we won't have the surplus..need the room for actual souvenirs and maybe DCL pens! lol

Chrissie

I am worried about getting stuff to LA not coming back because we are driving back in a mini-van.:thumbsup2

Got mine yesterday...What's with the bubble wrap envelope? :confused3

I feel Free too... But this TOAL isn't.... and our bills aren't...

Hey join our job-less club onboard the ship... (We would have t's but they aren't FREE :rotfl: )

Diane, you can join us too....

Me neither...I think i skipped about 20 pages or so just to get here...

I understand Kristina, really I do.:flower3: If we were before the 90 day mark, we would not be going. The timing is really off for us. We just got this house a couple months ago. I was just thinking all of the things everyone has gone through since booking this trip. So much loss, pain and joy we have all shared together. I wouldn't want to cruise with any other group then this one.:yay: So many people here have been prayed for in my bible study group and know that will continue.:wizard: :wizard:

The Mickey bars are free........:rotfl2:

So I finally made it to the orthopedic doctor today. I now have a walking boot on my foot. Although the doc talked about putting a screw in my foot to hold the bone together and then having me in a cast for 8 weeks. I have another appointment in 6 weeks to check my foot to see if it is healing.

So I hope that my foot heals without the screw.

It will make the trip interesting.

I broke my toe last November............They removed part of the bone and put in a metal pin end of February, well my toe has never healed, some pain but I can't wear anything that touches the toe. Hope it works out for you.:wizard:

You never know maybe we can have a little 3 or 4 while you all are here just so you can say you have lived through one.

Nice of you to share Roger, but I'd like to pass!

Glad you are all okay!!!:hug: :hug: I could really do without the experience of a quake while I am out there!!!:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Me too!:scared1:

Be sure to read the first post of the threads you've requested in. Some of the designers are no longer customizing but allow you to take their blank designs and add your own words. Also look at the last several pages. If all you see are requests and no designs posted, then that person probably is not designing at the moment.

KristineN seems to not be designing right now. I have seen her post elsewhere but not on her cruise magnet thread. Not sure what's going on there.

I've gone through many photobucket accounts and picked out some blank designs. Once I get the time (yeah right!) I'll add my own words. A very simple way to do that is in PowerPoint. Open a blank template, insert the cruise picture of choice, insert a text box, add you words, choose your font, color, etc.

Never thought about Powerpoint. Great idea! :thumbsup2

Well, to gain some perspective.... sailing on the magic will itself be very much like a long, not particularly strong, rolling earthquake. The only real difference is that the movement is unexpected and unwelcome on land. So you're going to get a taste of it whether you like it or not :rolleyes1

I really don't think it's the same thing. Except you do expect to move on a ship.

Did I mention that our dog, Isis had been acting funny all day since yesterday when we picked her up? I thought it was because of the bath. But in retrospect, she has been throwing herself down on the ground and rubbing herself and her whole body on the ground forcefully. Maybe she was trying to still the ground? Steve said that after we left, she was still acting funny, got veyr skittish and continued to throw herself on the ground. My other dog - Chloe - just had been looking at her like she was nuts. I did mention she was bred for looks and not brains? Isis I think presensed it. Might explain her behaviour. She seems fine now but is still a bit wary but at least she's ont throwing herself on the ground anymore. She was doing that all day yesterday and today. Normally she only does it a couple of times. But in retrspect, she may have been feeling something and in her own way was trying to stop the ground from shaking? She's pretty intuitative. Now I just gotta pay attn for next time.

Wow that is something, I would be paying closer attention to that dog.:rolleyes1

Come on, folks.

First we heard about engine trouble on the Magic. Then we heard about a small fire on the Wonder. Now we hear about an earthquake in LA? Who amongst us is the responsible party? :)

chicken.gif

I will fess up...............I am innocent.:rotfl2:

Oh, my.

I'm reading this thread backward. I posted about the jinx before reading this and finding out that I just might be the jinx. Or, at least, the designated fault (no pun intended!) :)

So, in the spirit of being blamed, let me just say, I formally apologize for causing an earthquake! :eek:

hmmm there other " Mikes " out there.:rolleyes1 I din't exactly say which one.:rotfl2: Good cover huh?

Why's that?

I don't think pushing him into a shower is going to be enough to clean him up! :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Well, to gain some perspective.... sailing on the magic will itself be very much like a long, not particularly strong, rolling earthquake. The only real difference is that the movement is unexpected and unwelcome on land. So you're going to get a taste of it whether you like it or not

I really don't think it's the same thing. Except you do expect to move on a ship.

Actually, you'd be surprised. For example: when a big wave hits and you feel that sudden shudder - that's a lot like a short earthquake, a 3 maybe. The ships motion tends to be more up and down, while earthquakes are more side to side - but the amount of motion isn't that far off at times. :cool2:

hi everyone! i haven't been around in awhile...sick with a major ear infection! hope everyone is doing well...i really can't believe the countdown is nearing the end!!! in a week and a half we will be in cali!!
i've been having trouble finding postcards for the kids exchange...anyone have any ideas for me? we have no souvie places around our area...and i hate to wait til we get to cali to get some. where did everyone else find them? nothing like waiting til the last min!!!

I got ours at our local family-owned pharmacy. They had some and ordered more for me at 35 cents each. I just can't deal with making my own - I bought the postcard paper from Walmart for $8 but I'm returning it. There's just too much to do...

oh...another reason i've been off the thread....been really sick with morning sickness....
yep...my screen name will change next february to wheelerkidz4!!! we are almost 10 weeks along, so i havent been feeling the best!! hopefully i'll be back to par by the time we sail!
here is a pic of our little peanut
scan-1.jpg

Congratulations! :cheer2: Welcome to the 4 kids club!

By the time we cruise you will be 12 weeks - good timing! Over the (morning sickness) hump and before the bump! :)

I cruised at about the same time in my pregnancy. I brought along ginger capsules for residual morning sickness and seasickness and they worked great.

Ooo

Just got a call I start at Bed and Bath tomorrow!
:cool1:

Chrissie

Congrats Chrissie !:dance3: :dance3:

This was my first chance to get here today ... well, tonight now ;) Glad to see that you all out in SoCal are doing ok. I was worried about you, but I couldn't get onto the Dis from work today. Dumb server is running slower and slower.

We got our Docs yesterrday :cool1: And now even my KIDS are asking me when I'm going to start packing :rolleyes:

Still not sure there's enough time between now and the 15th to get everything done that I need done :headache:

~Kandi

Congrats on Docs, I feel the same way...........not enough time to do everything.:rolleyes1

I'm still on page 192...and hope to catch up sometime.... :rotfl2:

But, I wanted to post that Concierge has told me that I have 8pm dining.... I am linked with the Pirates so, I thought y'all would want to know! :thumbsup2

That's awesome, thanks for sharing that.:woohoo: :woohoo:

Ummm..do they know you leave in just over a week?

Congrats!

I didn't want to ask........:rotfl2:

Can we pre-confess our sins?

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: not me.

HEY EVERYONE WELL, HERE IS THE UPDATE FOR MY DD6 DRESS. WE WON ON EBAY, YAH. SO EXCITED HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE FINE AND SHE WILL WEAR IT. YAH...I am so EXCITED. I will just be more excited when it comes to the house. I just got to believe nothing will go wrong. CROSS YOUR FINGERS. everything just goes smooth.

Congrats ! One thing I have off the list, gowns, gloves & Tiara.:cheer2: :cheer2:

Ummm..do they know you leave in just over a week?

OH YES THEY DO! I made sure they were well aware and I keep reminding them!

HEY EVERYONE WELL, HERE IS THE UPDATE FOR MY DD6 DRESS. WE WON ON EBAY, YAH. SO EXCITED HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE FINE AND SHE WILL WEAR IT. YAH...I am so EXCITED. I will just be more excited when it comes to the house. I just got to believe nothing will go wrong. CROSS YOUR FINGERS. everything just goes smooth.

Yippie!

i've been having trouble finding postcards for the kids exchange...anyone have any ideas for me? we have no souvie places around our area...and i hate to wait til we get to cali to get some. where did everyone else find them? nothing like waiting til the last min!!!
I am thinking if you run out of time don't they sell postcards at the airport?

Hope the ear infection gets better..I know how those are and they STINK!

Congrats on the new addition!!!How exciting!
Back by un-popular demand!

ATTENTION - PIRATES WHO ORDERED LANYARDS
Are you going to be around on the 10th? Do you accept pennies?:lmao: :lmao:

Although it was difficult for me to leave the job before trip, I knew it was the right thing to do. Don't we just have enough to worry about?
I did the same thing but they way I looked at it..I wanted to enjoy the trip..not worry about the reaction when I got back...I am so relaxed now and can focus on the cruise and everything else in my life rather than a job that was making me miserable! Good for you! I think all of us should get together and toast our STRENGTH!

Yeah I fear packing....I am trying to be a minimalist..don't know if that will happen! I will get a good amount of toiletries at the Tahgit in CA....so hopefully it won't be too difficult to pack!

Chrissie

You mean like
Father Mike
Speedo Mike
Diane's non-alcoholic Mike....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Congrats.. now you can have a truely restful vacation

:thumbsup2

Uhhhh mines not finished yet Dan.... If i don't get to it soon i might have the 'ol walmart bag with sharpie marker on it....

I hear ANDREW or TOM could be used just as easily too Laurie....

It's funny concierge keeps giving out rotations yet DCL hasn't assigned tables yet.... They're working on it this week....

BTW Boots are secured... I may have to mail some of this stuff ahead to the hotel since they are a little heavy. (House had to be searched from top to bottom to locate them but some rooms got a little more organized at least :rolleyes1 .)

Maybe my finding these is a sign that my cloud is going away....I just know there will be a job any day now. (i hope)

Five more applications go out tomorrow.

Interesting about dining situation. I am sure it will come together one way or another. Have I told you & Cheryl lately how much I appreciate all your hard work on this? Thank you.:worship:

Some things are best left behind you. Good luck in the future with finding a better one.

Thanks, I know this be true for everyone looking right now.:goodvibes

oh...another reason i've been off the thread....been really sick with morning sickness....
yep...my screen name will change next february to wheelerkidz4!!! we are almost 10 weeks along, so i havent been feeling the best!! hopefully i'll be back to par by the time we sail!
here is a pic of our little peanut
scan-1.jpg

OMG ! CONGRATULATIONS ! That is so exciting and good reason not to be around ! Hope the morning sickness will pass before trip.

Doc watch 2008!

My docs are enroute!!!!! Just received an email from my TA ..she has sent them and they should be here by the end of the week! (There was a delay due to the fact she was sending my parents info with them..they are in WDW one of the weeks we are cruising!)

I am sooo excited!
Just knowing they are on their way!

Chrissie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter