8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could make all those changes except for the Mickey to Minnie...um..how do I put this nicely....not a big Minnie fan!

Chrissie

That's ok..I am not a huge Mickey or Minnie fan...I know..gasp! Actually...not a big fan of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald or Pluto....

I love Tink tho!

Chrissie has worked long and hard and come up with the following design for the nametags:

nametag.jpg

Hey SMARTY PANTS

Thanks for posting....

Please feel free fellow pirates to critique....let me know what you think!

Chrissie

Looks awesome, Chrissie. JMO, but don't change a thing, and......

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

I could always add a tink on yours if you like?

Chrissie

Wow..I need an "insert foot into mouth" icon" ...sorry..I love the name tag..I really ment to just agree with you that I wasn't a Minnie fan...

I love the name tag and wouldn't change a thing!

What about starting a thread on the Pirate Zone? Really no different than being on the DIS and then we know only our kids are on it. We could even break it up into the age groups (so the older teens can have their own area). I'd really that idea better than the DIS Board. I was going to try and set my two up in the next few days but will wait and see what you all think of this suggestion.

A thread for them would work too. But DS is often looking over my shoulder on Friday nights asking when he could chat. And he has a lot of fun chatting on MileyWorld. I just figured a weekly chat would be fun for them.

Wow..I need an "insert foot into mouth" icon" ...sorry..I love the name tag..I really ment to just agree with you that I wasn't a Minnie fan...

I love the name tag and wouldn't change a thing!

I so didn't take offense..in any way...I was just offering to add to your tag a little pixie...

No biggie!

Chrissie

I signed up for the SM for me but not for my girls -- it's too bad I didn't because you could have had my youngest who is very girly! I just started to feel as though between FE gifts and one SM from me, it was getting to be a lot of stuff to pack.

As for the Tide to Go sticks, I thought about qualifying what items and for what people a quick stain removal might not be enough for :lmao: but then just thought I'd let it go! What about the Tide to Go plus Febreze????:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Um, I can't let this go. Believe me you guys wouldn't want me to! LOL
Hmm, you know I might try to find a small bottle of febreeze that stuff does do wonders. LOL

Shelley....kind of like this one....only not quite. On me, it would be a lot looser around the middle anyway.

0900631b8144fce8M.jpg
Oh that is cute!
Except I'd have to show off my fat arms which I am so NOT proud of. LOL

A thread for them would work too. But DS is often looking over my shoulder on Friday nights asking when he could chat. And he has a lot of fun chatting on MileyWorld. I just figured a weekly chat would be fun for them.

Depending on when it is, I can moderate some on one of our 99 computers here....

Looks like OKCity has a new Basketball team! :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3:

Congrats on the to-be-named former Supersonics franchise! I always like to see teams move to the center of the US!

What about starting a thread on the Pirate Zone? Really no different than being on the DIS and then we know only our kids are on it. We could even break it up into the age groups (so the older teens can have their own area). I'd really that idea better than the DIS Board. I was going to try and set my two up in the next few days but will wait and see what you all think of this suggestion.

I like the thread idea (as well as the chat idea Monica).

nametag.jpg
[/CENTER]

Chrissie -- I like the nametag. I have a pin with the exact same Mickey pirate logo that I'll have to take on the cruise.

It's funny, Debi, but my beagle (Belle) is allergic to peanut butter, so your trick would be terrible for her! At least she doesn't have seasonal allergies so she doesn't take medicine regularly.

Cream cheese works as well.

Need to take a break from work and see whats cooking on the DIS..

DW is totally stressing about packing... I've told her to pack like its a 7 or 8 day vacation and I will do the laudry.

Plan to take 2 rolls of quarters for the laundry as the driers take a long time to get things dry (unless its a very small load). Take the quarters as carry on otherwise is help get the checked luggage to become over weight.

Will likely bring a small box of detergent w us and a ziplock bag of some downey sheets.

I never do laundry at home... but I do it on the DCL (give the DW a break). See y'all on the 6th floor laudry room.

As for the tux... what's it cost to rent? Have heard they are cheap to buy as well. Not sure what to do there.

And a question for the group... if the cruise were next Aug instead of this Aug... how many would reconsider talking the cruise due to the uncertain economic picture? I can tell you I would still go, but I bet the DW would be trying to talk me out of it.... she's the worry wort of this couple!

Awesome Sil. Will you pick up and deliver my laundry or shall I leave it at your door?

My philosphy - buy a cheap tux, get a cheap tux. It's OK for my DSs, but I wouldn't buy DH at $50-$100 tux.

Hmmm, yeah, I think I'd still be going next August. Our income is stable (although life is getting more expensive), we invest a lot (and never tap into it-but could if we need to), and neither one of us is likely to be 'downsized'. He's military & I'm a non-profit manager/fundraiser - development is the last department to get cut (no money, no nothin' else!). The economy is in the toilet and we're certainly getting pinched, but we live pretty frugally and TOAL(s) is our one real extravagance. So yeah, we're still vacationing.

DH called our health insurance today to inquire about out of the country coverage. We have a PPO plan. She informed him that if we did have to get medical care anywhere, to utilize the ER rather then any other physicians. She said it was easier to get re-imbursed via the ER. We'd have to pay for the services and submit receipts for reimbursement, unless they offered to bill it up front for us first.

Does this sound right? Any thoughts on this subject?

This is the one instance that I am happy with our otherwise carpy military insurance. International is no problem. Actually international is probably better than trying to get an appointment on the base 2 miles from my house!

I wonder where you want to live one day :rotfl2:

Hmmm - ranking of places we've lived:
1-5. Alaska
6. Connecticut
7. Ohio
8. San Diego
9./10. Virginia/Florida

Hey M! What do you mean, wear the same outfits? Can I really do that? I made my list with 15 different outfits. CARP. I can cut back...whooo hoooo:banana:

Oh well, yeah....me too. Same shorts and tanks. I was just thinking dinner clothes. I am going to mix & match though.

Can't mix and match much with a sundress. You'll see the same dinner outfit on my bod 2x.

My money is on Virginia......

NOT!

Who's Virginia and why are you betting on her??

I will be wearing my crocs most days..... hope I don't offend.....

Oh, you'll offend.

But not because of your Crocs.
:)

Knowing this crowd, Tink would be a popular addition

I like Tink.
I want to be Tink when I grow up.

At least I want to be the zip line Wishes Tink.

Sil, renting the tux is the way to go. No packing, additional luggage space not needed, clean pressed shirts for each night provided. And we would be on the cruise with you. Jack,

k Jack, u convinced me.

Another question for the motley crew... Every year for the past 13 years I attaned a fantasy football draft (usually in Atlantic City) on the Friday a week before Labor Day. That is the day we are in ACA. One of the guys in the league will be getting me a satellite phone to use in the draft (yes, this is serious). In ACA will be be on Pacific or Mountain time? And if I am early dining, is there anyway to flip to late dining for just one nite?

I hate to miss Mexican nite...

On the flip side, do satellite phones work indoors?

finally.... please please please dont tell my co-workers I have a sat phone on board!

Oh well, yeah....me too. Same shorts and tanks. I was just thinking dinner clothes. I am going to mix & match though.

My sister and I are going to a lot of mix and match with the clothes; skirts, capris, tops, and wraps to make (hopefully!) it look like we brought a lot of different outfits. My "fluff" is all in my middle, so nothing looks good on me, either.

Chrissie, the tag looks fabulous! Thanks for the hard work!

Home from the ER. DS was taking out the trash and comes inside calling for me to get him a band-aid right away because he cut his leg and he's bleeding. As soon as I washed it off I could see he needed stitches - he sliced it open on a broken wine glass, the glass acted like a scalpel and made about a 3 inch laceration across the bottom of his knee - deeper on one side and more like deep scrape on the other. So off to the ER and 3 stitches later we're home. They gave him a needle to numb him up before they did the stitches, I couldn't watch - Pete said it was huge.

So I'm sure you're wondering HOW he cut his knee on a broken glass in the trash...well the stupid kid picks up the trash bag and walks with it plastered to his side. I had packed up the broken glass in newspaper and had it in the middle of the trash bag with other stuff around it but with the way he was handling it, it shifted around.

And YES, there was wine in the glass when it broke:sad1:. I had just filled it and put in on my end table and went to wind up the cookoo clock when one of the pulleys hit the lamp knocking it over which fell on the wine glass sending it crashing to the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter