8/16/77

I saw Elvis 3 months before he died in concert at the Providence Civic Center and I cried the day I heard that the "king" had died. Just couldn't believe it.
I still enjoy listening for hours to his music. RIP:sad:

That's something..at least you can say you actually heard him in person. A legend. He died almost a year after we were married. I remember driving home from the shop and hearing it on the radio. I was birthday shopping for my husband whose birthday was the following day. (tomorrow Aug.17th)

My dad took us to see Sinatra ....which I thought was going to be totally boring..but it was a good show. I'm glad now that I can say I saw him in person. He was my dad's favorite. ;) In fact I had
"Summer Wind" on in the car today.

We love Dean Martin here in my house. I thought it was just an Italian thing(I'm half Italian)..although my husband isn't Italian at all and he likes him, but then again he's been married to me for over 30 years! :laughing: Even my daughter who is 21 likes Dean Martin. I know..it's wierd for a kid her age. She has a CD in her car..and her friends made fun of her at first..but now they like it too! That girl loves music..and listens to all kinds. She knows what's good, and what she likes. ;)
He does have a velvet voice.

As for Elvis, well I have a special place in my heart for that guy.. our wedding song was "I can't help falling in love"
Yeah..we were old fashioned even back then. :laughing: Kind of said it all, we met when I was in high school and married a year after I graduated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq-ZMVkJDJ0

copycat.

I think my MIL would even give up smoking to go and see this guy again. She has seen him many more in concert than anyone knows.

I met Englebert Humperdink when he played golf at the course I worked at. He was wearing tight white pants, and these red and white striped briefs underneath. He had his "bodyguards" in the cart behind him.

Jim Brown was much cooler.

never met either one, so i have no reference

all i can remember is the neighbor wailing for three hours when she found out elvis died

Our song was can't help falling in love.

Ahh...got ya.

Then again, I'm pretty sure we were married before you two were. So....wouldn't that would make you the copy cat? :laughing:

It is a great song. ;)

When my youngest son was little boy (3 or 4)we would sit on his bed, elbows on the window ledge looking out at the night sky. When he spotted the moon we'd sing togehter.. "When the moon hits your eye..like a big pizza pie...THAT"S AMORE!" (the neighbors must have loved us.:rolleyes1 . ....Boy..he'd kill me if he knew I told people this!:laughing:

Since it turned hot, I've had a lot of "summer wind", but I usually blame it on the dog. :lmao: :rotfl2:

I'm sorry,,No disrespect intended,,,but I couldn't help myself.

I love Dean...he had such charisma. Where has that great music gone?:confused:

Harry Connick, Jr, Natalie Cole, Linda Ronstadt, and Rod Stewart have all tried to revive the "good old songs". I think Harry came the closest to getting the job done right.

Out of the "Rat Pack", I'd have to say that ol' Dean-o was my favorite. He had a variety show in the 60's that I never missed!! Oh yeah...the other two I never missed were "The Jackie Gleason Show" and the "Red Skelton Hour". I was very saddened the day Jackie died. My dad was a "dead ringer" for Jackie.

Elvis?? - sorry Pete - I enjoyed his movies, but never cared too much for him otherwise. Rick & I will never agree on that one!

I don't know of any other person who so many people get together year after year to remember him. They gather on his birthday and the anniversary of his death. They still come in droves to see his house and his stuff.
Elvis was an amazing man who died way to young. :sad2:

Harry Connick, Jr, Natalie Cole, Linda Ronstadt, and Rod Stewart have all tried to revive the "good old songs". I think Harry came the closest to getting the job done right.

Out of the "Rat Pack", I'd have to say that ol' Dean-o was my favorite. He had a variety show in the 60's that I never missed!! Oh yeah...the other two I never missed were "The Jackie Gleason Show" and the "Red Skelton Hour". I was very saddened the day Jackie died. My dad was a "dead ringer" for Jackie.

Elvis?? - sorry Pete - I enjoyed his movies, but never cared too much for him otherwise. Rick & I will never agree on that one!

I love Harry Connick Jr!! Pete has taken me to his concerts.

Michael Buble is also very good!

Something most won't believe but my uncle Milo flew Elvis for a couple years until his death. He mainly flew the smaller jet Elvis owned but also flew the Lisa Marie as well. I posted a link about him below. My grandmothers sister was actually married to him making him my great uncle but none the less we always called him Uncle Milo. He got a lot of good jobs over the years due to his affiliation with Elvis.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/obituaries/article/0,1426,MCA_443_5559664,00.html

Harry Connick is GREAT to listen to...but what a prick....and he's a terrible tipper!!! But...the boy can sing and tickle the hell out of the ivory.

Anyone like Nat King Cole? He's always been another favorite of mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter