8/16/77

Gatordad

<font color=blue>Hates WDW<br><marquee behavior=al
RIP Elvis Aaron Presley

8/16/77

Elvis_Presley_1970.jpg

Isn't there already a RIP thread?

I was never a fan of the King, but I liked his movies...................

"Elvis is dead you know. He's not dead, he just went home." Quote from MIB.

I never really liked him either. But I hate the beatles and the stones too! So go figure.

Elvis may very well have been the coolest cat to ever walk this planet, rivaled only by Dean Martin.

Man, people get all GA-Ga over Sinatra, Freaky over T. Bennet, Weird'd out over S. Davis, Bonkers over Wayne Newton. But I'm here to tell ya that if you sit down and listen, REALY LISTEN to Dean Martin,,he truely had a voice as smooth as velvet, absolutely unlike any other!
Elvis was great , but I'd hav'ta call it bout a 50 / 50 split tween Elvis and Dean.
I very well may have to cast my vote for Deano.

My DD's would probably vote for the Jonas Brothers. WHAT is the world coming to??

:3dglasses

Man, people get all GA-Ga over Sinatra, Freaky over T. Bennet, Weird'd out over S. Davis, Bonkers over Wayne Newton. But I'm here to tell ya that if you sit down and listen, REALY LISTEN to Dean Martin,,he truely had a voice as smooth as velvet, absolutely unlike any other!
Elvis was great , but I'd hav'ta call it bout a 50 / 50 split tween Elvis and Dean.

Agreed on all points, but Elvis was Elvis..... I'd keep it at 50/50

I dunno. I think Dean may have a one up on Elvis. Then again...Elvis really knew how to work it....but Dean...that voice! :cloud9:

How can you not like the Beatles? :confused3 Or at least their early stuff.
I also like Queen, I think that Freddy Mercury had one of the best voices of all time. His octave range was phenominal and unmatched.
I like "some" of Elvis' stuff.
I don't go "ga-ga" for anybody, except my hubby that is. ;)

Dino was cool as fire. He was one of us.....he was a roaster too, and god knows we roast each other on here!!!

But this is Elvis' day, and I mean no disrespect to him.

Dino died on Christmas Day....cool till the very last act

I love Elvis. I was just a few months shy of turning 3 when he died so I obviously didn't get to see him in person. That would have been so awesome. He is the KING! I got Sirius just to listen to his station. It is great. Someday I will make it to Graceland. I am starting to win over my husband on going there.

We love Dean Martin here in my house. I thought it was just an Italian thing(I'm half Italian)..although my husband isn't Italian at all and he likes him, but then again he's been married to me for over 30 years! :laughing: Even my daughter who is 21 likes Dean Martin. I know..it's wierd for a kid her age. She has a CD in her car..and her friends made fun of her at first..but now they like it too! That girl loves music..and listens to all kinds. She knows what's good, and what she likes. ;)
He does have a velvet voice.

As for Elvis, well I have a special place in my heart for that guy.. our wedding song was "I can't help falling in love"
Yeah..we were old fashioned even back then. :laughing: Kind of said it all, we met when I was in high school and married a year after I graduated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq-ZMVkJDJ0

Dino was cool as fire. He was one of us.....he was a roaster too, and god knows we roast each other on here!!!

But this is Elvis' day, and I mean no disrespect to him.

Dino died on Christmas Day....cool till the very last act

He also died some 28 years to the day after his mother..also on Christmas. I guess she was calling her boy home.

Big Dino started dying the day Little Dino Jr. died.

My mom would have said Engelbert Humperdink was the best ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter