7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise July 25 - August 1, 2009

Good luck to all the CC members trying to get reservations tonight!! Unfortunately, I have to wait until May 11th, as I have NEVER cruised before!! Don't take all the Palo brunch times, please! :thumbsup2

Good luck to all the CC members trying to get reservations tonight!! Unfortunately, I have to wait until May 11th, as I have NEVER cruised before!! Don't take all the Palo brunch times, please! :thumbsup2

Sorry NIKKI, but I've got toothpicks holding my eyes open to get Palo.. Your Wedding plans sound wonderful, is your bridal party cruising as well?

I can't decide if I'm going for Palo dinner or Brunch... our son gets a little jealous over Palo but he has such fun in the kids club.

Good Luck everybody
Susan :goodvibes

Sorry NIKKI, but I've got toothpicks holding my eyes open to get Palo.. Your Wedding plans sound wonderful, is your bridal party cruising as well?

I can't decide if I'm going for Palo dinner or Brunch... our son gets a little jealous over Palo but he has such fun in the kids club.

Good Luck everybody
Susan :goodvibes

No, just us! I can't wait! Let us know what you get tonight! Put on another pot of coffee...it's almost time! :surfweb:

Nikki, no worries, our first Disney cruise was last year, on the 4-Night Bahamian...and even with only 4 nights available at Palo, were were able to get a reasonable reservation at the 75 day mark!

Hint: At 7 nights, this cruise is going to be suh-weet! :cloud9: Especially after just getting married!!! :thumbsup2

24 minutes to go for CC members...

:cool1: Doing the Happy Dance... just logged in and got Palo Brunch and a Palo Dinner. We are also going on both of the beach trips, and I just had to reserve a spa treatment too. This will be my "happy Thought" as I finish out the school year..

Good Luck to all..

NIKKI -we had Palo on our first cruise, so I'm sure no worries.

I just LOVE the way the web site keeps track of your reservations and tells you what you already booked, so Disney.

Off to bed
Susan

:cool1: Doing the Happy Dance... just logged in and got Palo Brunch and a Palo Dinner.

:thumbsup2

We too got the Palo dinner (Day 2) and Palo brunch (Day 3) that we wanted, along with spa appointments that dove-tailed nicely with our other events. :goodvibes

We have nothing booked for Key West (anyone have any suggestions?). We do however have bookings for the Shipwreck & Reef Snorkeling (GC), 4 elements (Coz), and the Personal Watercraft Eco Tour (CC). On our last cruise, the PWET got rained out, so I *had* to try to book it again...it looked like so much fun! :3dglasses

A hint for those booking Palo...if you want to be involved with the special dinners, book Palo DINNER for nights OTHER THAN:

Day 3 - At Sea - M, July 27 - [Golden Mickey's / Formal Night]
Day 5 - Cozumel - W, July 29 - [Pirate Night 9:45 + buffet 10:30pm]
Day 6 - At Sea - Th, July 30 - [Captain's Gala/Semi-Formal Night +Midnight desert Buffet]

(If anyone notices errors in this schedule, please let me know!)

OTOH, I wouldn't miss a dinner at Palo just because there were only reservations available for these nights. Actually, if you can book a Palo dinner for Pirate Night, you can eat at Palo and then later stuff yourself until you explode at the pirate buffet! pirate: :sick: :rotfl:

We booked Day 3 Brunch. :cool1:wideeyedwonder, perhaps we'll see you there?

We also booked Day 6 High Tea & Palo Dinner. We're not that concerned that it's semi-formal night / Captain's Gala.

We're going to do Key West on our own. Current plans are to the the Harry Truman Little White House, and the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum.

In the Cayman's we're thinking about a private tour, but have not booked anything yet.:surfweb:

In Cozumel, I've booked the Dolphin Push, Pull, and Swim. I could not book this for our friends traveling with us (even though our reservations are linked). (They are 1st time cruisers.) Hopefully, this will be available in 15x days when they can book.

Nikki, I wouldn't worry to much about the brunch reservations. If you do not manage to get at the 75x day mark, I would check in at Rockin D right when you get on the boat on the 25th. I would guess that DCL would work some "Magic" :wizard:to insure you honeymooners are looked after.

Nikki, I wouldn't worry to much about the brunch reservations. If you do not manage to get at the 75x day mark, I would check in at Rockin D right when you get on the boat on the 25th. I would guess that DCL would work some "Magic" :wizard:to insure you honeymooners are looked after.

Thanks for the encouragement!!

Just a question for you seasoned cruisers...does everyone do formal and semi-formal night?? We're thinking that we really don't want to get totally dressed up and would rather eat somewhere more relaxed on those nights. Is that normal??

Thanks for the encouragement!!

Just a question for you seasoned cruisers...does everyone do formal and semi-formal night?? We're thinking that we really don't want to get totally dressed up and would rather eat somewhere more relaxed on those nights. Is that normal??

Don't miss Formal night ( for lots of people it is not so formal) put on the best of the clothes your bringing and have your photo taken.

Susan:cool1:

A hint for those booking Palo...if you want to be involved with the special dinners, book Palo DINNER for nights OTHER THAN:

Day 3 - At Sea - M, July 27 - [Golden Mickey's / Formal Night]
Day 5 - Cozumel - W, July 29 - [Pirate Night 9:45 + buffet 10:30pm]
Day 6 - At Sea - Th, July 30 - [Captain's Gala/Semi-Formal Night +Midnight desert Buffet]

Thnaks.... Just switched our Palo to another night...wouldn't want to miss Pirate night with DS

Susan:banana:

We booked Day 3 Brunch. :cool1:wideeyedwonder, perhaps we'll see you there?

:thumbsup2

does everyone do formal and semi-formal night??

There have been many many MANY threads about formal and semi-formal night. Many people look aghast at people that don't dress up, while quite a few others come in jeans and t-shirts. My read is that a majority people either dress fully or dress "nice" (not shorts or jeans), but don't really care what *you* wear.

Our first Disney cruise was a 4-night last year, and we didn't know about formal night until we went to dinner. If I remember right, I went in a Polo shirt and Khaki pants, and the girls wore dresses (my girls are tomboys that always like to wear dresses...it's crazy to watch them climb trees!)...nothing fancy at all, more like sun dresses.

So, as long as you don't feel self-conscious in what you wear, just go for it. However, if you don't feel up to it, don't sweat it too much, it's not a "can't be missed" dinner or anything. You'll have fun no matter what! :3dglasses

Don't miss Formal night ( for lots of people it is not so formal) put on the best of the clothes your bringing and have your photo taken. Susan:cool1:

Actually, Susan is right, the photos they take during formal night are rather cool!

Thnaks.... Just switched our Palo to another night...wouldn't want to miss Pirate night with DS Susan:banana:

No problem...as I said in another thread, I tend to over-optimize things!

is the formal night in all three dinning rooms? When do you find out what nights you are in which dinning rooms? I want to go to each at least once however, we are bringing my mom and she does not dress up and will feel uncomfortable if everyone else is?....what to do what to do.... Thanks susan for letting me know about the boys cruise casual..and the other comments laughed my head off thinking about the milk and cookies sounds fun I would have never thought of that!!

is the formal night in all three dinning rooms? When do you find out what nights you are in which dinning rooms? I want to go to each at least once however, we are bringing my mom and she does not dress up and will feel uncomfortable if everyone else is?....what to do what to do.... Thanks susan for letting me know about the boys cruise casual..and the other comments laughed my head off thinking about the milk and cookies sounds fun I would have never thought of that!!

Oh I think I know this! Yes, all three dining rooms have formal night. You will go to each at least twice, on a rotation between the three rooms. I think you don't find out until you get on the ship. There is another restaurant that is not on the rotation that you can go to instead, if you want to skip formal night...this is what we are thinking about doing.

(I hope that's right!)

We have the late one too but I'm not sure which time exactly yet. Is there a way we can know that?

we went through a travel agent because dcl could not book our flight so she let me know it was the late one the early one was booked up however we did book in january I dont remember if it tells on the dcl site or not the one official one

As I didn't purchase trip insuranse through Disney, I've been trying to get trip insurance on my own (through insuremytrip.com). I've got brain fry from trying to eliminate so many choices. :headache:

It does look like I've narrowed it down, now I just need to consider if I want to add the "cancel for any reason by 2 days out and get 75% of your nonrefundable fees" coverage for $96. Decisions, decisions... :confused3

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know we booked yesterday our excursions, spa and Palo reservations, and also some restaurants for the pre-cruise stay.
We Stay at AK Lodge, and booked for Boma on the 22end (evening). We also booked for the 21th. Akershus Royal Banquet in Epcot (Norway) in the late afternoon. Anybody has been in those restaurants before?
Shore excursions: Cozumel: Mexican Cuisine Workshop & Tasting (we're foodies, and after all: we will be in Mexico), Grand Cayman: Atlantis Submarine Expedition. Key West we will do on our own: it will be the 4th. time we are there.
Palo: first day at sea for dinner (brunch was no longer available, but maybe we still can switch once on board...) And at Castaway Key a Cabana Massage for two....:love:

where do you find the cabana massage? Is that on the water, I saw somewhere and of course now I can't find it but there was a cabana on the water for a massage!? Will we still go to coz. with this crazy flu stuff going on???

As I didn't purchase trip insuranse through Disney, I've been trying to get trip insurance on my own (through insuremytrip.com). I've got brain fry from trying to eliminate so many choices. :headache:

It does look like I've narrowed it down, now I just need to consider if I want to add the "cancel for any reason by 2 days out and get 75% of your nonrefundable fees" coverage for $96. Decisions, decisions... :confused3

If you have kids, you never know when something will happen I would absolutly pay $96 just think of how much the cruise costs.....just my two cents...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter