6th Annual Christmas Thread

Hitting the home stretch!

My gift sewing is done, and I actually finished 2 days ago!

My other shopping is 95% done. I have 1 more trip tomorrow, and there are a few items I am buying on our trip.

I am probably 80% done with wrapping.

I am doing Christmas cards tonight.

We fly to Orlando in 3 days!

I am so jealous that people are wrapping! I was able to wrap my sisters, nephews and hubby's gifts, but haven't touched the huge pile which is my kids pile. I need to get all the gifts together and make sure all 4 are pretty even. I have a list but I know I have forgotten some things here and there.

I am trying to get a list together of what baking and candy I want to make. I can't believe Christmas is in a week and a half! Crazy!

I thought I was done, but am not second guessing myself. We got Dd16 an ipad (for free) as her big gift. She only asked for one thing, boots, which we also got her. All of a sudden this weekend she is saying she wants a 3DS soooo badly! She has never asked for or mentioned an Ipad...and we are all going to be sad I think on Christmas morning if she's not over the moon for it...when we know she would LOVE to get a 3DS now. Ack!! What to do?

How many kids do you have? What are their gifts?

Does Dd16 have a Bday soonish? Or another celebration of some sort?

I'm done with shopping and wrapping. Hopefully I can find everything on Christmas Eve now that it's hidden!

My oldest dd decided to count the presents last night and make a bar graph :rotfl2:. She's always been my present counter.

Getting close now!

I am so far behind this year. I can't beleive Christmas is next week. I still need to get DS his punching bag, DD her boots and then they are done for both birthday's and christmas. I still need to get DH 2 or 3 more gifts. DH is in charge of his monthers gift. We still need to get something for his grandmother as well. I need to get my mom new kitchen rug and turtle neck. I hope to have it all bought by Wednesday. Tonight is grocery shopping for everything we need between now and the day after Christmas. This weekend is cookie making and finish gift wrapping.

I'm done with shopping and wrapping. Hopefully I can find everything on Christmas Eve now that it's hidden!

My oldest dd decided to count the presents last night and make a bar graph :rotfl2:. She's always been my present counter.

Getting close now!

A bar graph? I love it, that's hilarious:rotfl2:.

I can't believe its so close to Christmas and I'm still not done with my shopping :faint:

I have a few more things to get for my kids and dh like itunes cards, Amazon GC, scratch off tickets and candy for their stockings. I was going through their stuff and realized i didn't have anything really fun/toy like for them to open so I ordered a few things today. I sure hope they are here by Christmas Eve!

I had a great idea for my IL's but dh kind of shot it down, which wouldn't be so bad but he doesn't offer any other suggestion and I have no idea what to get his dad. I think I'm just going to end up getting them a movie GC and a couple restaurant GCs to go with it. My SIL does the same thing but I am at a complete loss of what else to get them. They do like to go to the movies so they will definitely use them.

I did get my dad a great gift, tickets to his favorite MLB team playing their rivals but I won't have the actual tickets for Christmas so I have to come up with a creative way to give them to him. I can't find anything local because I live in the rival's area. Luckily I renewed my Amazon Prime for the holiday season.

I still need to find something for my youngest nephew.

I still need to get something for my Grandmother to open Christmas day. I did order her fruit and candy that was delivered already but I want her to have an actual present to unwrap on Christmas.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something for somebody..........

So I have been packing up all the gifts I need to take up north. All I can say is "What the heck was I thinking!?!?" :rotfl:

I have no idea how I will fit it all in the car plus my 2 bags of luggage, a bag of food (since I am on a restricted diet), my humidifier (because meds I am on cause horrid dry mouth and it is the one thing that helps), and a bunch of odds and ends like extra baking sheets. Anyone here good at Tetris? I may need your help!

How many kids do you have? What are their gifts?

Does Dd16 have a Bday soonish? Or another celebration of some sort?

I have two daughters. I put the things I got them in this thread somewhere. :lmao: I broke down and got the 3DS. I got it on sale at Target, with three games for $175so that was pretty good I thought.

We actually decided to save the Ipad and accessories for her birthday in March! That works perfectly.

I have two daughters. I put the things I got them in this thread somewhere. :lmao: I broke down and got the 3DS. I got it on sale at Target, with three games for $175so that was pretty good I thought.

We actually decided to save the Ipad and accessories for her birthday in March! That works perfectly.

I think that is perfect then!

And sorry I asked questions already answered. I was being lazy! :lmao:

I am finished! I think!:rotfl: I usually get my husband a massage Gift Card to a nice spa for holidays..got to get that and a little something for him to have under the tree from the kids…I am sure my dd will pick that out..but she better get a move on~ I am dreading even going grocery shopping…everything is crazy around here!

I have one gift left to buy and one more stocking stuffer and the scratcher lottery tickets that I always buy every year. We are getting my father in law a variety pack of sausages from a local deli/meat shop so I will buy those on Monday. The one more stocking stuffer for ds13 so he gets the same amount of stocking stuffers as dd. Scratchers for all of our stockings!

Everyone must be busy busy....I thought there would be more chatter on this thread lately.

I am almost done, just have a few things to wrap. I have been watching Hallmark movies when I get a chance, they have been great!

I hope I have enough stocking suffers for the girls...I am second guessing now....ugh

Today I did Christmas with my dad and then gave the kitties their stockings. They are having a ball with all their new toys and treats! My cats are so dang spoiled. It is hilarious.

Awh I wish I would have seen this thread a few months ago! I just went through every post, starting last night and just finished :]

My boyfriend and I just moved to a new apartment in September, and got exactly ZERO trick or treaters on Halloween. So we put up our tree November 1st. Then the iPod in the car got an all-new Christmas playlist. Then we went to see the Osbourne Lights. And waited a few more weeks to do the holiday story tellers in Epcot. And tomorrow we're Universal-bound for the Macy's parade, Grinchmas, and Mannheim Steamroller!! We're big holiday fans here...haha

All of my shopping for him as been done for a while...just waiting on one more package in the mail that should be here today, hopefully!

I feel pretty spot on with all of his gifts, considering after I bought everything, he's specifically mentioned most of the presents I already have!

There's one that I'm most excited for, though.
Last year we got a playstation3 on Black Friday, and put it under the tree for Christmas along with a co-op game. Then we got a whole bunch of junk food and soda, and played through the game all day. I rented a new game from GameFly [AWESOME GIFT FOR THE GAMERS IN YOUR HOUSE, BY THE WAY...] and put together a whole box of beef jerky and candy and chips and soda with a note that said, "can I be your player 2?"

After work today, we're going to finish up gifts for our best friend, who we've absorbed for Christmas because his momma is going out of town, and we refuse to let him be alone, so he'll go to dinner with us Christmas Eve, stay the night, and go to breakfast with my family, and lunch at my boy's. He's our manly man, though, so we're getting him a super manly gift "basket"...beef jerky, a multi-tool probably for fishing, hockey stick tape, beer, and big league chew bubble gum, all in a tool box...haha

Sunday, we're making buckeyes and chocolate covered pretzels for Christmas Eve dinner at his parents' house, and as a gift for my mom's house. They just moved and don't need any more "stuff", though I think I might get my 11 year old step sister a craft...it usually keeps her out of my mom's hair after Christmas and before school...hah

I have to pick up 2 more gift cards but I will do that on Sunday when I am buying rest of food for Christmas. I am going to finish wrapping this weekend. I am still waiting on 2 more packages but they should be here by Monday. I am cutting it really close this year. I also have to order our daughters cake. I completely forgot the cake for her birthday. It is so hard having birthdays on Dec 24 and Dec 30th. I always feel like I am rushing around forgetting stuff. :eek:

Well ladies….hopefully none of you are having to wait in the crazy at any of the malls during this last full shopping weekend, but if you are, I feel for you! The area around our local mall is just crazy!!!
I also hope none of you are stuck in an airport~hope all your upcoming travels are smooth and safe!!!! I know this weekend the weather from Texas on up into Ill and other states is going to be icy and wet, so be careful!!
I will check back between now and then but for all of you who are headed out for the holiday

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! God bless you and your families!!! Have a wonderful week!!

Well, i got to indiana safe and sound yesterday. No traffic issues except to trying to get off the interstate at my final destination because i forgot it was the mall exit and every dang person in the area wanted to be there! Lol

Got the last 2 gift cards this morning and this baskets have been wrapped! So i am all done. Now to just relax and enjoy my time here with my family.

But i do have a small vent. My one cousin signed her kids up with multiple charities for xmas. Yes, she is lower income but it was not like those kids would not get any gifts from the rest of the family. And then she brought all that stuff here for US to wrap and so the kids could have it xmas day... which now means each of her kids will have 15 plus things to open while my other cousin's kids will have maybe half that. Just sort of frustrates me and makes me feel like i wasted my time and money... which i know is illogical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter