60 Candles, 30 Million Lights, Best Friends&Family at Disney--Priceless (New 5/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! Arrival day is so much fun :thumbsup2 The walk down to the ME seems so long, but you don't mind it a bit on arrival.....now the return walk takes FOREVER!

I just love the snack mix that Southwest has....I have looked and looked in the grocery stores and I can't find it. Some sort of Ritz mix or something. Yum!

Hope your tummy was better after the flight Kathy!! I love the mickey head made from the in-flight snack!!!

Joining in. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

:welcome: thank you so much for joining. :)

You're several steps ahead of me this holiday. If I don't get my behind in gear, there will be no Christmas cards going out this year. :sad2:

I don't normally send out Christmas cards anymore, but for osme reason I did this year.

That is a full weekend! Can't wait to read an update, but with the holidays, it does make it hard to juggle everything .

I've still got more sugar cookies to bake...which I am doing tonight.

I'm so glad the suprise went well and I really enjoyed watching the video! Looks like your trip is off to a great start!

Thanks; I was so relieved that he didn't know a thing. It was a good start.

I loves the reveal video!

I hope your stomach was ok and not something more than nerves/excitement

Very nice cookie creation that Mark made ::yes::

I love that tree in front in mco and the pic of you and Andy in front if it is wonderful!.

Great start!!!

I'm glad you liked the video.

The stomach issue continued as you'll see in the next update.

Mark can make Mickeys out of cookies and pancakes now. :rotfl2:

Isn't that a beautiful tree at MCO? One of my favorite.

fun photos of your departure day! hope your stomach finally settled down!

Mark does look like one happy dude! and I love the photo of you two on the plane :)

Stomach took a bit to settle down, unfortunately. He was the happiest dude...I told him he looked as happy as when we got married. :)

Oh no! Not stomach pains before a Disney trip. Hopefully, they were gone by the time you got to Orlando. Everybody looks so excited to be headed to the most magical place on Earth!

Yep, stomach pains. And it wasn't an ache...it was PAIN! We were beyond excited at that point...especially the kids and I since we no longer had to keep our traps shut.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: It's almost like he knew.

Seriously, I was beginning to wonder. ::yes::

I don't even know what would come out of my mouth if my DW ever surprised me with a trip to WDW.:rotfl:

I'm sure, like my husband, it could not be repeated on the DIS! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Show of hands... who's surprised????

And it starts again......:mad:

I take that picture every time I fly too. :lmao:

Really, it's 7:00 in the morning, I was up at 4:30 and we were gone almost a week. No way I was going to remember where the hedoublehockeystick the car was going to be.

If not, you should refuse to board until they give you a real one. :rolleyes1

Now there's an idea for our next trip. :lmao:

So, when exactly DID you stomach stop hurting -
the moment you were in the air and there was no turning back????? ;)

Ummm...you'll find out in the next update or the one after that (depending on how much I put in the next update).

I love your surprise and Mark looks thrilled to be taking an unplanned trip to WDW. That's so awesome.

He was insane. He kept thanking me and kissing me on the drive to the airport...he's so cute.

I love the MCO Christmas trip. Let see - there's the MK tree, the Epcot tree, the HS tree, the AK tree AND the MCO tree. Can't forget that one!

I think that covers all the important trees.

Love the pictures and the video is hilarious. Too bad for Mark's free flowing mouth. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Those words come out of my mouth more than his and I was in hysterics listening to him.

YEAH!!!! Flight was on time! :cool1:

Love on time flights. :)

I can't say that I am surprised that Starbucks made the first update. :stir:

You can go sit in a corner with Andy.

I can't wait till MArk finds out about Todd & Nicki. Oh wait... I saw that too. :rotfl2:

Yes, you saw it, but it will be posted here again in the next update.

Yay for the surprise! And you're on your way! I hope your stomach stops hurting soon. :worried:

Thanks Glenn. We are on our way and almost there. The stomach...truly an annoying side effect.

Subbing! Can't wait to hear about your trip. Bummed we didn't meet up! I think I actually saw you guys at the Osborne Lights, but I was in line for a photopass and you were too far away...of course, after we were done, I didn't see you again! I'm sure you had an amazing time though!

I'm so glad you found me. I'm sorry we didn't meet up. You should have yelled out our DIS name as we passed and we would have walked over and said hello. We had a great time; hope you did too.

Okay, have to run to catch my train. I'll do the rest of the responses while I'm baking cookies tonight.

Great update, loved reading about the surprise, it's awesome that you guys pulled it off and kept it a secret for so long! :banana:

Arrival Day is always so much fun, but I bet this one was even more special knowing there was still the Nicki and Todd surprise coming up! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more!

Ahhhhh so exciting about the reveal! I am impressed you kept the secret even though Mark was taking forever to get to the bed room! I probably would have burst out in frustration! Looks like your arrival went smoothly! Can't wait to see more!

I have to say that I loved the video! You all did an excellent job with the surprise!

Glad you've landed safely, but I'm sorry your stomach was bothering you...hope that went away as soon as you landed.

I'm a bit late, but hopefully I won't fall too far behind on this TR.

I think surprise trips are always so exciting to read, I can't even imagine how exciting it must be to live it!

I sure hope that your stomach didn't bother you for the whole trip! I'm so glad it's underway, I can't wait to hear about the trip

Not the whole trip, but it didn't go away the first day. :sad1:

Loved the reveal info (even though I already saw the video and literally :lmao:). Sorry your stomach was bothering you, hope it felt better once you landed!

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that you stopped at Starbucks on the way to the airport :rotfl: Glad you had a good flight and made it there early even. Can't wait for the next update!

I'm so happy the video turned out. Yes, the stomach thing was not fun.

I see the guys around here are rubbing off on you.

:sad2: :rotfl2:

I'm glad you found that amusing; it was killing me.

Love it! I loved the video too. SO glad you guys were able to pull this off! :woohoo:

Me too. :goodvibes

Understandable. As long as you had your boarding passes, everything else is good.

AND the Annual Passes and TIW card. ;)

Yay, you went to FiveBucks! :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: You are too funny

Hmmm...this reminds me of something. Hang on, I'll get it.

So....what was it? :coffee: ;)

oh no on the tummy pains! I really hope they resolved quickly. You guys look so happy in the pictures, I can feel the excitement!

It was only the beginning of the excitement too.

The video is great. My laptop acted up the first few times I attempted to view it, but third time was a charm.

Glad you were finally able to see it.

I'm sorry you forgot a few things, though I'm sure you remembered the suitcase, unlike some people I know.

That still cracks me up.

Cute Mickey cookie sculpture by Mark.

The man is talented.

I feel bad for Mark that he was told Nikki and Todd wouldn't be there, a 2 day Christmas party huh? Can't wait to see how things went when he saw they were celebrating his birthday with him.

Oh...I didn't feel bad at all because we got just the reaction I thought we would.

Fantastic update!! I was so excited reading about it and I already knew what happened!! :rotfl2:

You are too sweet.

Again...love the video reveal! Love that Andy hid Mickey in the suitcase...so cute!

I wasn't expecting Mickey in the suitcase.

Great pictures on the plane and at MCO...you all look so happy. :goodvibes

We were very happy. And I think it is the first time I wasn't tense before a flight took off.

And Starbucks? Again? No kidding!! How many do we have here in Chicago? A million? Let's pick one already and meet!! There is always something happening and Christmas time is no exception but we must stop for a bit and have some coffee....or hot chocolate...or tea. Soon! :coffee:

My boss has his last day in the office tomorrow until January 8. Let's set up a coffee or lunch date.

Yay for pulling off the surprise! Sorry your stomach hurt! Hopefully it went away soon.

Jill in CO

Thanks, Jill...I was on pins and needles that he hadn't figured it out.

YAY!!!! You pulled it off! I would never have been able to keep my mouth shut.

It got harder and harder as the day got closer.

Lanie is so excited to be "reading" this with me and she said to say she loves Mr. Mark's "Mickey Pants" hat. Stylish choice (4 year old approved!)

I am so glad Lanie approves. :)

Bummer about your stomach. Hopefully it calmed down with it's usual dose of Starbucks. :thumbsup2

No Starbucks again until we left.

Too cute that Mark couldn't sleep because he was too excited. I'm still the same way too.

I think if he'd had a couple of days nnotice he would have been okay.

Love that Andy and Des are along, too bad Mark & Alicia couldn't make it.
And I love that Todd had a two day work thing...:rolleyes1

It was great having Andy and Des with; we missed Mark and Alisha though.

Your family is so awesome!
-Stefanie

You are very sweet.

I'll finish responses tomorrow. I just finished baking 200 cookies and I'm wiped out. I should have time for an update tomorrow as well; if not, definitely Thursday.

I'll finish responses tomorrow. I just finished baking 200 cookies and I'm wiped out. I should have time for an update tomorrow as well; if not, definitely Thursday.

If your household is like mine, just because you baked 200 cookies doesn't mean you still have 200 cookies left. I hope this isn't what you mean by your "wiped out." :rotfl::rotfl2:

OH MY! Thats a bunch of cookies. I have yet to start my list for cookie trays this year. I just don't know if I have it in me. I too make dozens upon dozens of cookies.

Oh my word!! 200 cookies?!!

Yes, coffee or lunch soon! I will be off work for a week after Christmas Eve...did you want to try to do something during your lunch break or is after work better, more relaxed?

:woohoo: Love the surprise story and seeing you on your way! Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Karin...more coming up today (I hope).

enjoyed the update...i also enjoyed the video the even though the beginning i had to make a sandwich and eat it before he came into the room.:rotfl:

Yes, it took him a very LONG time to get to the room.

she says that to everyone not on page one:thumbsup2

You are so bad, Dan.

Yay for an update !! Looking forward to reading more !!

Thanks, Susan. I hope the boss doesn't bother me too much today so I can do an update.

Now I understand why the door was video taped so long before Mark came in:rotfl2: The excitemnet and surprises have began !!!!:goodvibes

Rosie, I was going to get a year older at the rate he was going.

luvin the update glad the surprise went down well. I loved his happy dance in the video.

His happy dance made me teary-eyed...I was so happy it worked.

Loved the update can't wait to read more!!!:cheer2:

Thanks, Elaine, appreciate it.

ACK!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I cannot wait to hear all about the rest! You can totally see the excitement on Mark's face... This was just the most awesome thing... I see kids surprised all of the time, but I have never seen a full grown kid surprised - FANTASTIC!!!!!

D~

Hi, D. Doesn't he just look like a little kid in a candy store? I love that man!

.....ooh no to a stomach ache that didnt go away

You all look so happy and excited!

Did they always have Micky heads on the floor? We always get turned around in the aiirport headed to ME.

It was the most annoying stomach pain...I was getting a little worried there for awhile. We were happy and excited. It's only my third time using ME and I'd heard about the Mickey heads but never seen them. Don't worry...we got turned around for the ME on this trip too. :(

Saw the post on FB. I am never here anymore. But here I need to be for this!!! And for you to start our PTR soon :)
Loved the video and the profanity :) Yay for a smooth flight and arrival. Des looks excited! Can't wait for more.

Well, there you are! I was wondering where you have been. I'll start a PTR IF I get those dates off...keeping all limbs crossed until the date I can submit.

Would you have ever expected that profanity out of Mr. Mark?

The video was priceless! I love hearing you yell at him about the lights before the door opened. :rotfl2:

Jill in CO

Thanks, Jill. I really was ready to strangle him at that point. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

We loved the videos...Todd said "I thought Kathy had the potty mouth" LOL! Yeah, like Mark is innocent ha ha

Todd is in big trouble with me. ;); Mark is far from innocent...he is very mischievious at times.

Great pictures of your pre-Hildebrant arrival....cannot wait to see the ones of the aftermath :rotfl2:

Do you know I don't think there is a single picture AFTER you guys showed up and we were hugging and kissing. I think we just got it on video. :confused3

Your tummy trouble and my back trouble had everyone worried....we are just getting too old! And miraculously they both went away as quickly as they appeared!

Thankfully, they both went away...eventually.

I can't believe I didn't see your TR sooner and already on page 9!! What a fun surprise :)

:welcome::welcome: delighted to have you here. It was a fun surprise.

Yay on the surprise going as planned!! :thumbsup2

Love the creative Mickey!

Thanks, Tanz...I'm so happy it turned out.

Kathy, I am already loving this trip report. Your reports are among those here on the DIS I check on all the time. I haven't seen the "reveal" video but I did see the one on the new CSR thread where MickeyNicki and her husband surprise Mark, AWESOME!!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Bob. You warm my heart with your kind words.

I'm here Kathy, just very late to the party...VERY excited to TRY and keep up, this was such an amazing gift. You are the best! :goodvibes

I sent you a PM with the link to the video on Youtube...hope you got it.

Please don't worry about being late...we've not gotten too far yet.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in late on this one :goodvibes

You are off to a great start - what a cool suprise, I can't wait to read all about your trip :thumbsup2

Linda, I am thrilled you are here. Thank you so much for joining. :flower3:

Great start!! Can't wait to read more!!

Thanks; working on an update which I hope to post this afternoon.

Hey Kathy,

Mark is so cute... like a little kid...:thumbsup2

He is....he's an "older" man with a kids heart.

I don't think I could forget my car with that crazy Uncle Sam poster right by it...:goodvibes but who knows when its that early...

Trust me, when we got back to the airport, we weren't sure where we were going. :confused3

YOU KNOW I'm totally with you on MUST HAVE MY STARBUCKS...

I'm drinking my Starbucks now as I do replies.

(do you fly out of Chicago? How long is that flight?)

Yes, we fly out of Chicago. We normally fly out of O'Hare, but it was cheaper to go Midway this trip. It is about 2-1/2 hours going and 3 hours coming home (tailwinds?)

I love the photos in the Orlando Airport... Isn't it like a tease... pre Disney excitement... but you know you're almost there...?:cool1:

Once you land at MCO, you know you are so very close.

:wave2:, welcome to my TR. I hope you enjoy.

6 pages already, but I'm here!!! :banana:

Oh no on the tummy pains...I hope they went away!

Looking forward to it all!

Hi, Brook; I'm glad you found me. They went away....eventually.

Yay! Arrival day is so much fun :thumbsup2 The walk down to the ME seems so long, but you don't mind it a bit on arrival.....now the return walk takes FOREVER!

I just love the snack mix that Southwest has....I have looked and looked in the grocery stores and I can't find it. Some sort of Ritz mix or something. Yum!

I find that whenever we land at MCO I'm even more anxious and the walk to ME or to the rental car counter seems like it will never end. :rotfl2: But you are right...don't mind a bit because I know our final destination is in sight.

This is the first time we've flown Southwest and we enjoyed the snacks (United you don't get anything anymore...just a drink). They had other things they were passing out...we had some Pop Warner kids on the plane (we just couldn't get rid of them or their parents) and they kept asking for more. :eek:

Hope your tummy was better after the flight Kathy!! I love the mickey head made from the in-flight snack!!!

Not quite after the flight, but it did eventually get better. My husband cracks me up with his "playing."

Great update, loved reading about the surprise, it's awesome that you guys pulled it off and kept it a secret for so long! :banana:

Arrival Day is always so much fun, but I bet this one was even more special knowing there was still the Nicki and Todd surprise coming up! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more!

Jen, I'm not sure how we managed to keep our lips shut for six months. :rotfl2:

This arrival had a lot of extra excitement to it...that's for sure.

Ahhhhh so exciting about the reveal! I am impressed you kept the secret even though Mark was taking forever to get to the bed room! I probably would have burst out in frustration! Looks like your arrival went smoothly! Can't wait to see more!

Trust me, I wanted to shout to him to get his butt upstairs because we had something he HAD to see. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I have to say that I loved the video! You all did an excellent job with the surprise!

Glad you've landed safely, but I'm sorry your stomach was bothering you...hope that went away as soon as you landed.

Thanks, Tina...it was all worth it in the end. The stomach thing was annoying, but it eventually goes away...just not the first day.

:welcome::welcome:; thank you for joining. I hope you enjoy.

Haha I want you to send me the link on Facebook!! I love profanity, lol! Its funny

I will send you the link for the youtube in a private message.

I'm a bit late, but hopefully I won't fall too far behind on this TR.

I think surprise trips are always so exciting to read, I can't even imagine how exciting it must be to live it!

Mel, I'm so happy you found me...thanks for joining. It was fun and frustrating at the same time...so hard to keep it to ourselves for six months.

If your household is like mine, just because you baked 200 cookies doesn't mean you still have 200 cookies left. I hope this isn't what you mean by your "wiped out." :rotfl::rotfl2:

Bob, that is way too funny. Actually, since Mark helps me stir because my arm gets tired, he gets rewarded with cookies while I bake...he likes them hot and fresh right out of the oven.

OH MY! Thats a bunch of cookies. I have yet to start my list for cookie trays this year. I just don't know if I have it in me. I too make dozens upon dozens of cookies.

I'm at the point if I look at one more cookie I might just lose my next meal. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh my word!! 200 cookies?!!

Yes, coffee or lunch soon! I will be off work for a week after Christmas Eve...did you want to try to do something during your lunch break or is after work better, more relaxed?

I will PM you and we will work on a date...I really want to do this.

I thought it was funny too. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter