60 Candles, 30 Million Lights, Best Friends&Family at Disney--Priceless (New 5/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left you off that we had just arrived in line for the Magical Express to take us to the Coronado. And we were the FIRST in line and we got a real bus:

SurpriseNightandArrivalMorning037.jpg

Mark and I sat in the front row, and Andy and Des sat behind us. We waited about 10 minutes for the bus to load and we were on our way. Nicki and I were texting each other back and forth. In fact, we were doing it so much, that my phone was losing charge really fast. :lmao:

Todd and Nicki were at lunch at their resort and I told them they best get over to Coronado pronto so that we could surprise Mark.

While on the bus, I took a few pictures:

SurpriseNightandArrivalMorning035.jpg

SurpriseNightandArrivalMorning036.jpg

SurpriseNightandArrivalMorning039.jpg

SurpriseNightandArrivalMorning040.jpg

In no time at all, we were passing under ALL of our favorite arches:

SurpriseNightandArrivalMorning043.jpg

I texted Nicki one more time and said "we are here." She was instructed to sit on the opposite side of the fountain where Mark would not see her when we walked in. We proceeded to head toward the registration desk to check in, with Mark leading the way. This was NOT planned and I'm not sure why he did it...I always check us in since I do all of the planning. But it worked out, because as I slowly walked behind him, the following happened:

(Click on picture to see video).

I had tears in my eyes yet again because my husband was on :cloud9: because his Nicki was there. The surprise was now complete and it had all worked out perfectly.

I got in the check-in line while everyone visited and proceeded to get the info for our room. They gave Mark a birthday button and balloons upon check in. We were assigned Casitas 4, with a pool view. Casitas 4 is one of our favorite locations at the Coronado...unfortunately, this time it turned into a nightmare...but more on that later.

Todd and Nicki went back to their resort to freshen up and we did the same with the plans that we'd meet them at the Dolphin at 5 p.m.

A few pictures of our room:

SurpriseNightandArrivalMorning050.jpg

SurpriseNightandArrivalMorning052.jpg

SurpriseNightandArrivalMorning047.jpg

We all unpacked are carry-ons (Andy and I lived out of our suitcases and we let Des and Mark have the drawers). We charged our phones and camera batteries for awhile. We then walked to El Centro and asked the CM to get us a cab to take us to the Dolphin (I think the total was $12.50 with the tip).

While waiting for Todd and Nicki to arrive from their room, we took some pictures in the lobby of the Dolphin:

002.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

We then proceeded to walk to The Beach Club for our first meal as a group of six celebrating Mark's 60th birthday.

Up next, dinner at a new place for us

Yeah, an update and I am already home to catch it. ;)

I don't get tired watching the little video of Mark meeting Nicki, it's too cute.

Problems with the room does not sound too promising though, but I hope it did not interfere with you enjoying the resort and WDW. :thumbsup2

I'm glad everything worked out great since Mark went first. Seeing the room pictures makes me homesick for CSR, though Pop Century has been a decent substitute. I'm glad you got Casitas 4! I'm sorry to hear the experience was a nightmare. Are they staying there next year? Was it the rugrats or the chaperones? Our last stay at All Star Sports was when that group was at that resort. Vowed never again to stay at the same resort!

The tree at the Dolphin is beautiful.

Just seeing the archways to WDW give that warm fuzzy feeling. There is another set of arches that is longer across. I love the little ToT billboard with the mechanical tower swaying just before it.

Love the surprise #2 reaction! Room looks lovely, I'm sad it didn't turn out as magical as in the past. I love that white pointsetta tree, how gorgeous!

The rooms at Coronado are so pretty. I love the style there.

Can't wait to see all of the Christmas decorations! The Dolphin tree is great!

WooHoo for a real ME bus!! And you got the front row, which is nice.

Nice to hear the background for the surprise arrival of Nikki and Todd, since I saw the video when you shared it on your PTR. :goodvibes

And that tree at the Dolphin is gorgeous!!! I didn't make it over there, so I'm glad you took pictures of it!

I left you off that we had just arrived in line for the Magical Express to take us to the Coronado. And we were the FIRST in line and we got a real bus:

:woohoo: for the real bus! I hate it when you get stuck with the yellow Mears bus. I know it's the same thing, but it feels like a disappointment anyway.

I had tears in my eyes yet again because my husband was on :cloud9: because his Nicki was there. The surprise was now complete and it had all worked out perfectly.

:cool1::woohoo::yay::banana:

Casitas 4 is one of our favorite locations at the Coronado...unfortunately, this time it turned into a nightmare...but more on that later.

Uh oh. You didn't have the same room as Andy, did you? :eek:

Yay! looking forward to your PM.

Oh my word...what a sap I am!! I had tears watching Surprise #2!! Again!! I have seen it several times and just love, love, love it. The reaction was great and there's just a warm feel-good vibe about the whole thing. :goodvibes

Well you said nightmare about CSR but I hope it wasn't enough of one to ruin any part of your visit there.

The Dolphin tree is amazing...just beautiful!!

Looking forward to the next update....hope work is slow for you so we can read another one soon!! :)

I got in the check-in line while everyone visited and proceeded to get the info for our room. They gave Mark a birthday button and balloons upon check in. We were assigned Casitas 4, with a pool view. Casitas 4 is one of our favorite locations at the Coronado...unfortunately, this time it turned into a nightmare...but more on that later.

oohhhh noooo you got me a bit worried here. I will be booking our November 2013 trip in the next few days and it's between POR, and CSR. :confused3

Hopefully it was nothing too major of a problem for you.

I left you off that we had just arrived in line for the Magical Express to take us to the Coronado. And we were the FIRST in line and we got a real bus
:cool1: :thumbsup2

Nicki and I were texting each other back and forth. In fact, we were doing it so much, that my phone was losing charge really fast. :lmao:
Wasn't Mark getting kind of curious why you were texting so much?? Or is seeing you texting about as typical as seeing you with a Starbucks cup? :confused3

pixiedust: :thumbsup2 Best Birthday Ever.

We were assigned Casitas 4, with a pool view. Casitas 4 is one of our favorite locations at the Coronado...unfortunately, this time it turned into a nightmare...but more on that later.
Hmmm... This story sounds oddly familiar. :scratchin

Uh oh. You didn't have the same room as Andy, did you? :eek:
I was Cabanas 8A. I'm thinking my buddy from our first night might have been looking for Casitas 4 though. :rotfl2::lmao:

oohhhh noooo you got me a bit worried here. I will be booking our November 2013 trip in the next few days and it's between POR, and CSR. :confused3

Hopefully it was nothing too major of a problem for you.

Unless they move Pop Warner to Nov, you should be good. :faint::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I'm here! I haven't been on the DIS for months but I had to read your TR since we were all so excited for your surprise trip! Will try to get back into the swing of DISing in 2013! I miss my DIS friends that aren't my FB friends!

Kathy,
Better late than never I suppose. I just subscribed to your trip report and am all caught up now. I love that you surprised Mark with this trip. That's fabulous. We were at Disney last year before Christmas. The decorations were wonderful and I was like a 3 year old at Osbourne lights. Soooooo beautiful! Words and pics do not do it justice do they.

Awesome about getting a real ME bus... And loved the surprise that you and Nicki pulled off - it couldn't have been more perfect!

Kind of curious why your room location was an issue this time... I've never stayed at CSR, so...

D~

Yay a real ME bus! I'm so excited to finally be trying the ME in February! :cool1:

Ahhh I'm so glad the surprise with Nicki went so perfect! I love the video! :cool1:

The Dolphin looks so pretty, I really love that tree! :thumbsup2

What a fun update! Even though I've turned into a deluxe snob :faint:, I have often thought fondly of CSR and I'm looking forward to returning in a couple weeks.

Great video! You gotta love Nicki! She's just one of those people who, right away, you feel like you've known forever! I was so happy to run into her and Todd in October. :goodvibes

I will respond to everyone later (running to the mall...heaven help us...for a few last minute Christmas gifts).

But I wanted to take a moment to tell you that the DIS lost a wonderful person today. Her name was Tracy (she was manntra here on the DIS). I never had the pleasure of meeting Tracy in person, but we were FB friends and we exchanged messages and comments on FB. She was a lovely woman who fought hard against her cancer. Rest in Peace my friend...you will be truly missed.

Mark and I sat in the front row, and Andy and Des sat behind us. We waited about 10 minutes for the bus to load and we were on our way. Nicki and I were texting each other back and forth. In fact, we were doing it so much, that my phone was losing charge really fast. :lmao:

My phone was dying fast too, I was impatiently waiting for you guys to land and get moving!

Todd and Nicki were at lunch at their resort and I told them they best get over to Coronado pronto so that we could surprise Mark.

We never ate so fast in our life! So glad we beat you guys and we had time to spare and shopped in the gift shop and sat by the bar outside

I texted Nicki one more time and said "we are here." She was instructed to sit on the opposite side of the fountain where Mark would not see her when we walked in. We proceeded to head toward the registration desk to check in, with Mark leading the way. This was NOT planned and I'm not sure why he did it...I always check us in since I do all of the planning. But it worked out, because as I slowly walked behind him, the following happened:

(Click on picture to see video).

I just love that video! All of our planning and plotting for six months went out the window the night before when Todd surprised me with leaving a day earlier! Meeting at the resort was perfect, I just wish he didnt turn around so fast

That was the best hug ever...followed by your best hug ever! He looked shocked and thrilled to see me coming at him!

Todd and Nicki went back to their resort to freshen up and we did the same with the plans that we'd meet them at the Dolphin at 5 p.m.

I hated leaving you but it was just for 2 hours lol

The decorations at the CSR and the Dolphin were so beautiful...in all the trips for the holidays we never thought to make it over to the Swanphin to check them out, so glad we did!

I don't get tired watching the little video of Mark meeting Nicki, it's too cute.

I never get tired of watching it either Karin!

Wasn't Mark getting kind of curious why you were texting so much?? Or is seeing you texting about as typical as seeing you with a Starbucks cup? :confused3

Mark is used to the two of us texting, calling, emailing, Facebooking etc...He might think it odd if she wasnt texting me lol!

Great video! You gotta love Nicki! She's just one of those people who, right away, you feel like you've known forever! I was so happy to run into her and Todd in October. :goodvibes

Isnt that a cute video! I wish it was longer because goodness knows we stood there for a long time hugging and chatting it up! Those are such sweet words and from the moment I saw you at Cape May I felt like we knew each other too! Loved seeing you at F&W, hope we can catch up in WDW again sometime....and have the bestest time ever on your holiday trip with Max!

But I wanted to take a moment to tell you that the DIS lost a wonderful person today. Her name was Tracy (she was manntra here on the DIS). I never had the pleasure of meeting Tracy in person, but we were FB friends and we exchanged messages and comments on FB. She was a lovely woman who fought hard against her cancer. Rest in Peace my friend...you will be truly missed.

I am so sorry for your loss Kathy, my thoughts and prayers go out to her family

Yay for 1st row and a real ME bus!

I loved watching the video with Nicki again and again and again!

Boo for Pop Warner ruining CSR for you....although I am intrigued to hear the details.

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Peace be with all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter