6 down, 1 to go: Completing my DVC mission! An April '13 PTR...TR LINK p. 16

Oh wow, those shoes sound awesome! I haven't heard of them! In the post I got really bad blisters wearing regular tennis shoes at Disney, but on my most recent trip I literally wore nothing but flip flops and my feet were fine. :confused3 Figure that one out. Hahahah. But I know flip flops really aren't great for support so I might have to check those out! :thumbsup2

By now I'm pretty sure you know of our shared Vera Bradley love, so I'll spare you this time. :lmao: YAY! Hope Emma's doing GREAT!

Cute shoes :) Can't wait on a review of them!!! Hope Emma is getting settled in! I'm sure when I work next weekend that it will be filled with all new CPs!

Ooh, love the shoes (especially the color) and the purse is super cute, too!

Are you guys doing Beaches and Cream this trip? We've never been but it's on our list for December. I really want to try their "No Way Jose" creation...and I don't even like ice cream!! Plus, I saw someone post a pic of the grilled cheese and tomato bisque...YUM! Best combo ever!!

Those shoes are really cute, I'll have to check them out, I'm always searching for a comfy park shoe! :thumbsup2

I LOVE your new Vera, I'm really hoping I can get something in Plum Crazy before my trip...I don't want a hipster, since I have 3 now, I was hoping to get something I can use for a carry on bag on the plane, but they're all so expensive...maybe they'll have a sale in the next few weeks!

Yeah, I really like them. My tennis shoes are getting kind of old. I like these because they're a little different.

Thank you, I know we had this conversation on instagram but all the new colors are SO cute! haha, I am pretty sure I have more than 3 hipsters...I just love all their crossbody styles.

About the shoes -- with or without socks of some sort?

I think you could do it either way. The other day when I wore them I wore socks but in Florida I don't think I would.

Those shoes look great! I hadn't heard of them, but I might have to go check them out too. I'm looking for a shoe I can wear comfortably at work all day. And if they work for the parks too, even better!

The bag is adorable!

Oh, then those shoes might be the way to go!

Thanks...I love my new bag!

Oh wow, those shoes sound awesome! I haven't heard of them! In the post I got really bad blisters wearing regular tennis shoes at Disney, but on my most recent trip I literally wore nothing but flip flops and my feet were fine. :confused3 Figure that one out. Hahahah. But I know flip flops really aren't great for support so I might have to check those out! :thumbsup2

By now I'm pretty sure you know of our shared Vera Bradley love, so I'll spare you this time. :lmao: YAY! Hope Emma's doing GREAT!

Yeah, sometimes I'll get blisters too but only on one toe. :confused3 I can't wear flip flops so that's out. I know I'm weird, but they hurt my feet!

haha yup, we both love our Vera! :thumbsup2 I think Emma's doing well! She had an off day yesterday, had Traditions today (actually, she might still be there) and tomorrow she has training for her work location!

Cute shoes :) Can't wait on a review of them!!! Hope Emma is getting settled in! I'm sure when I work next weekend that it will be filled with all new CPs!

Yup, she seems to be settling in. I am anxious to hear about her training and first couple days of work.

Ooh, love the shoes (especially the color) and the purse is super cute, too!

Are you guys doing Beaches and Cream this trip? We've never been but it's on our list for December. I really want to try their "No Way Jose" creation...and I don't even like ice cream!! Plus, I saw someone post a pic of the grilled cheese and tomato bisque...YUM! Best combo ever!!

Thank you! I loved the lime green too, though I really liked the purple ones too.

I would like to go to Beaches and Cream and I'm sure Dad wouldn't object to going there. I think a couple years ago Claire got that sundae and said it was really good.

Finally catching up here! I'm loving the flashbacks! You look like a young kid in the first one. :)

I love seeing Disney pictures from the past, things that aren't there any more. I'm glad I have memories now like that.

Those shoes do look comfy. I need to have support, no flip flops for this girl.

Cute purse! I just got a overnite bag in pink and browns and it's so adorable. I can't wait to travel just so I can use it!

I'm glad Emma's all settled in. It's going to be so fun to visit her. :thumbsup2

Just found your report and am subbing in! Fellow April 2013 DIS'er here :)

Welcome! Thanks for joining in. Glad to have another April DISer here!

Finally catching up here! I'm loving the flashbacks! You look like a young kid in the first one. :)

I love seeing Disney pictures from the past, things that aren't there any more. I'm glad I have memories now like that.

Those shoes do look comfy. I need to have support, no flip flops for this girl.

Cute purse! I just got a overnite bag in pink and browns and it's so adorable. I can't wait to travel just so I can use it!

I'm glad Emma's all settled in. It's going to be so fun to visit her. :thumbsup2

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying the flashbacks.

Yes, it is fun looking back and seeing how Disney has changed over the years.

I can't do flip flops either!

Thank you! I got one of the VB weekenders when we went to Boston and loved using it. I'll probably use it again when we go to WDW!

Yes it is! I was texting her last night saying how I can't wait to go. I think she wants to come to BLT for a night or two. haha

Happy weekend everyone! Does anyone else have Monday off for Martin Luther King day? I am not going to lie, I am very excited to have a 3-day weekend! It's the perfect time to talk more Disney, right?!

Now that we are almost 70 days away from our trip (72 to be exact!), I figure I should start posting my must-do lists! Let's start off with my second favorite park, the Animal Kingdom!

dak.png

If you've read my past TRs, you know how much I love the Animal Kingdom (or DAK, as I affectionately call it sometimes, thanks to the Backstage Safari Tour!). I just think it's so unique and such a completely different experience than the other parks. I feel like it's underappreciated by a lot of people, which kind of makes me mad. I seriously love it there. If I worked for Disney I think I'd pick DAK. Anyway...in addition to it being my second favorite park (behind the MK, of course), there's another reason why I decided to start off my lists with the Animal Kingdom. Have you guys heard of the new addition coming to the park this spring? It's called the Wilderness Explorers!

we.jpg

Here's a brief description of it, courtesy of Orlando Attractions Magazine:

Disney has announced a new interactive adventure game entitled Wilderness Explorers, coming this spring to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The game is based around the Disney•Pixar film Up and will have guests complete missions to earn badges just like Russell did in the film.

When this new game opens, guests will be able to become Wilderness Explorers by going around the park using field guides, completing challenges and earning badges along the way. There will be more than 30 badges available and they hope this will give guests a chance to see Animal Kingdom in a new and exciting way.

This game is similar to one at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail in Disneyland where guests can go on an adventure and earn Wilderness Explorer badges along the way. Stay tuned for more information.

Doesn't it sound fun? I can't wait to hear more of the details! It does say it's similar to something at DCA, so I might have to do some research on that.

Along with that (depending on if it's operating), there are a few other things I want to do:

Disney's Animal Kingdom Must-Dos!!!

aksign.jpg

:simba: Kilimanjaro Safaris...This is one of my all-time favorite Disney attractions and as I mentioned before, I can't wait to see the new zebras at the end of the ride! I'm also hoping to get a good view of the lions like we did a couple years ago. That was amazing.

:simba: Expedition Everest...Gotta love climbing up that mountain and then racing backwards when "there doesn't seem to be any track" (ahhh Stacey) and back down. Dad also told me this morning that DAK will be open until 9 pm on a couple of the days we're there, so I might want to go some afternoon, stay late, and ride it in the dark!

:simba: Dinosaur...This is one ride that legitimately scares me at times but I can't ever pass it up.

:simba: Festival of the Lion King...Between the music, the pageantry, and the energy, this show is always entertaining.

:simba: Animal trails...Dad and I always enjoy exploring the trails and watching the animals. When it's just the two of us, we usually do both the Maharajah Jungle Trek and the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. But Emma's not an AK fan so if she's with us she may not want to do both. We'll see.

:simba: Jammin' Jungle Parade...we don't see the parades all that often and we caught it last April, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again!

Maybe we should also try to see Finding Nemo: The Musical again too. It's been a while since I last saw it, which is sort of strange because Finding Nemo is my favorite Pixar movie. Oh, and I wouldn't mind seeing It's Tough to be a Bug. I feel like that's another attraction we don't do a lot.

Did I miss anything? What are your favorites at DAK?

jammininthejungle.png

We love DAK also. Kilimanjaro Safari is top on our list, along with Festival of the Lion King. (I so hope it is still happening when we go in April since there are rumors of it closing while a new location is established for it.)

We don't do anything jerky, so have never done EE or Dinosaur. Nor have we done the water ride (name escapes me right now).

We enjoy Rafiki's Planet Watch, the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail and the Maharajah Jungle Trek. I just love looking at the animals. One of my favorite things to do is explore the "secret" trails around the Tree of Life. No one is ever there and it is very quiet and peaceful.

I love the overall atmosphere of the park even though it can be the hottest park. (The only time I got the "Disney Rash" was after a day at AK in the 50s when I was wearing long pants. :confused3 )

We love EE, Safari and it's Tough to be a Bug. That show cracks me up. We also love to just stand there and watch the animals.

We are not hitting up AK this trip and I know I am going to miss it! We will be going next year though and I ampretty excited about the Wilderness Explorer program!

We went to AK on our last trip after a year long break from the park. I like the Safari so much more without the little red story. The zebras are really fun to see too. You did get some great pictures of the lions the last time. Is it your first ride when you get to the park? That is the place we start.
FOTLK was a must do for us, it was a great show. I'm not sure if they will be stopping it in the future so we didn't want to miss it. I may have to see it on all my future trips, just in case they do stop showing it.
EE is my favorite ride, but my sis sat it out this year. I only went on one time, but it was great like always. I think that may have been all we did in the park, we hopped over to MK for lunch that day. But even though we were only there for a short time I was glad that we went.
I have off tomorrow too!:cool1:
Looks like Emma is working at a great location, my favorite dining location is so close, how lucky that she may be able to go there often. Does she get a discount on food?

I hadn't heard about the Wilderness Explorers, how cute!

I too like the Safari better without the little Red story.

Hahah I am the SAME way. It honestly bothers me when people will go on these like 10 day trips and not even bother to set foot into DAK. I'm like... WHAT? If I was working at a park I'd pick it, too! It's perfect. ANYWAYS!!!!

YES YES definitely do it's tough to be a bug! Honestly one of my favorites there for some reason!

We are a family of AK lovers too. :goodvibes The Wilderness Explorers thing sounds really cute, but I think DS will still be a little too young to appreciate it on our trip and might get bored if DH and I are doing it. We will definitely look into it though and see if it is something we might enjoy! :thumbsup2

All of your must-do's (except Dinosaur! :scared1:) are our must-dos too! We saw the parade for the first time this past trip, and DS loved it. So we might have to make it a point to get there one afternoon more often to see it again! He loved all the characters and the music.

I think the only other thing we would add to our list would be the characters. There are so many unique character greet opportunities there! One of the cutest character meets we had with DS last trip was Rafiki at Rafiki's Planet Watch and Baloo & King Louie at Camp Minnie-Mickey.

I am here!!! I love reading your PTR so far. And it is nice to follow along with someone else from WI. Glad you are getting out of this WI winter soon. I really wish I was in Disney today. It is 64 there right now and 5 here. :sick:

Cant wait to her more

We love DAK also. Kilimanjaro Safari is top on our list, along with Festival of the Lion King. (I so hope it is still happening when we go in April since there are rumors of it closing while a new location is established for it.)

We don't do anything jerky, so have never done EE or Dinosaur. Nor have we done the water ride (name escapes me right now).

We enjoy Rafiki's Planet Watch, the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail and the Maharajah Jungle Trek. I just love looking at the animals. One of my favorite things to do is explore the "secret" trails around the Tree of Life. No one is ever there and it is very quiet and peaceful.

I love the overall atmosphere of the park even though it can be the hottest park. (The only time I got the "Disney Rash" was after a day at AK in the 50s when I was wearing long pants. :confused3 )

Yeah, I've heard some rumors about FOTLK too but not in a while. I really wonder what's going on with it.

The water ride is Kali River Rapids. We've done that a couple of times and I always say I want to do it again, as we're leaving the park so if I get soaked I won't have to walk around in wet clothes. But I always chicken out. :rolleyes1

The Tree of Life trails are fun too!

We love EE, Safari and it's Tough to be a Bug. That show cracks me up. We also love to just stand there and watch the animals.

Watching the animals is so much fun. Last trip we spent a lot of time watching baby Lily and the other gorillas. :cutie:

We are not hitting up AK this trip and I know I am going to miss it! We will be going next year though and I ampretty excited about the Wilderness Explorer program!

Aww, bummer! I would be so disappointed to miss the AK.

We went to AK on our last trip after a year long break from the park. I like the Safari so much more without the little red story. The zebras are really fun to see too. You did get some great pictures of the lions the last time. Is it your first ride when you get to the park? That is the place we start.
FOTLK was a must do for us, it was a great show. I'm not sure if they will be stopping it in the future so we didn't want to miss it. I may have to see it on all my future trips, just in case they do stop showing it.
EE is my favorite ride, but my sis sat it out this year. I only went on one time, but it was great like always. I think that may have been all we did in the park, we hopped over to MK for lunch that day. But even though we were only there for a short time I was glad that we went.
I have off tomorrow too!:cool1:
Looks like Emma is working at a great location, my favorite dining location is so close, how lucky that she may be able to go there often. Does she get a discount on food?

Yeah, we either go to the safari or EE first. The strange thing is we don't go to DAK in the morning that often because we've found that it's so easy to do the major attractions so quickly in the afternoon!

She does have a good location. I think she is a little disappointed but being close to one of her favorite restaurants is going to be nice. I am not 100% sure about food discounts but I think she does.

I hadn't heard about the Wilderness Explorers, how cute!

I too like the Safari better without the little Red story.

It does sound really cute. I just hope it's not designed too much for really little kids!

I am a little sad to see the little Red story go but I think the zebras are a nice addition.

Hahah I am the SAME way. It honestly bothers me when people will go on these like 10 day trips and not even bother to set foot into DAK. I'm like... WHAT? If I was working at a park I'd pick it, too! It's perfect. ANYWAYS!!!!

YES YES definitely do it's tough to be a bug! Honestly one of my favorites there for some reason!

Oh I know, how could you go for that long and not go to every single park? I don't get it.

OK, I'll do ITTBAB for you. ;)

EE is a completely different experience in the dark - it's a MUST, MUST, MUST!!!:scared1:

I bet it is! That's why I really want to go late!

We are a family of AK lovers too. :goodvibes The Wilderness Explorers thing sounds really cute, but I think DS will still be a little too young to appreciate it on our trip and might get bored if DH and I are doing it. We will definitely look into it though and see if it is something we might enjoy! :thumbsup2

All of your must-do's (except Dinosaur! :scared1:) are our must-dos too! We saw the parade for the first time this past trip, and DS loved it. So we might have to make it a point to get there one afternoon more often to see it again! He loved all the characters and the music.

I think the only other thing we would add to our list would be the characters. There are so many unique character greet opportunities there! One of the cutest character meets we had with DS last trip was Rafiki at Rafiki's Planet Watch and Baloo & King Louie at Camp Minnie-Mickey.

Yay, more DAK lovers!

That's awesome your son loved the parade. It is so cute and I too love the music and characters.

I have seen Rafiki but don't think I've met Baloo or King Louie in a long time! I feel like I always see them right around the Tree of Life. Oh wait, maybe I did see King Louie when we visited Emma the first time...I know we had one picture with an very odd assortment of characters. haha!

I am here!!! I love reading your PTR so far. And it is nice to follow along with someone else from WI. Glad you are getting out of this WI winter soon. I really wish I was in Disney today. It is 64 there right now and 5 here. :sick:

Cant wait to her more

Welcome to another Wisconsinite! Ugh, I wish I was in Disney today too! It is so hard seeing all of my sister's pictures. AHHH it needs to be April now!

I'm a DAK lover too!!!:thumbsup2 I was so excited to go back there on our trip! I had missed it, and we did a few things we hadn't ever done before, It was like being there for the first time!

I'm not going lie, the Zebras were very neat. They were close to our truck, so I took LOTS of pictures.

I rode Dinosaur, (all by myself) and I had a complete blast, I have the dorkiest picture of that....:rotfl2:

It was neat to see Nemo again, after 3 years.

I think the Wilderness Explorers would be a great way to re-examine AK. And Badges would be a awesome souvenir.

Yeah, I've heard some rumors about FOTLK too but not in a while. I really wonder what's going on with it.

I'm wondering, too. It's popular enough I expect they'll keep it around. :) Hope that isn't a miscalculation on my part, though, since it's the one thing on my "really want to" list I didn't get to, and I let the rest talk me into going into home on the theory that it'll still be around next time! I think my odds are pretty good; made a deal with my youngest and we'll be doing the AK next trip out even if that's the only WDW park we visit. It's her favorite park. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter